Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Its not discriminatory, It refers to a Rangers fan, irrespective of colour/creed/gender etc

I also thought hun was a disciminatory word tbh. This is like if you came in here and called someone a 'C' word and then proceeded to defend yourself by saying that in your house it means hunny bunnie!!! Dude I'm pretty sure that's used as an insult for Northerners from my experience of that word and northerners anyway. Do what you will with that information, it's a free world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Well perhaps when you're in an environment whereby you're on the receiving end of the attitudes of such groups, you can decide whether you dislike them because of tribalism or their discriminatory attitudes

Such groups as the Rangers team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

mormank wrote: »
    I also thought hun was a disciminatory word tbh. This is like if you came in here and called someone a 'C' word and then proceeded to defend yourself by saying that in your house it means hunny bunnie!!! Dude I'm pretty sure that's used as an insult for Northerners from my experience of that word and northerners anyway. Do what you will with that information, it's a free world.

They became known as the Huns I believe after an article about their fans rioting years ago. I believe the quote was "like Huns rampaging across Europe". I agree that they may be offended by it, but that doesn't make it discriminatory

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Such groups as the Rangers team?

Why are you asking a question when you know the answer already? Obviously the reference was to supporters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I'm sure being an English Liverpudlian, rossiter will be just fine there.

You also mentioned in a previous post the club stands for discriminatory nonsense... You need to make up your mind...is it the club that's the problem or the fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

They became known as the Huns I believe after an article about their fans rioting years ago. I believe the quote was "like Huns rampaging across Europe". I agree that they may be offended by it, but that doesn't make it discriminatory

Yeah sure. It's a sectarian slur with the basis from the royal family's German/Saxon heritage...though I'm sure you're already aware of that.

And it's definitely discriminatory and a violation of the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13203547.Rangers_fans_to_lobby_First_Minister_for_a_ban_on_the_use_of__hun_/

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/572961/Bigoted-language-shame-would-be-SNP-MP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

This thread has went full retard

I apologise for my part in taking anything off-topic

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I'm sure being an English Liverpudlian, rossiter will be just fine there.

You also mentioned in a previous post the club stands for discriminatory nonsense... You need to make up your mind...is it the club that's the problem or the fans?

Club stands for it, and the fans support what the club stands for

8-10 wrote: »
    Yeah sure. It's a sectarian slur with the basis from the royal family's German/Saxon heritage...though I'm sure you're already aware of that.

And it's definitely discriminatory and a violation of the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13203547.Rangers_fans_to_lobby_First_Minister_for_a_ban_on_the_use_of__hun_/

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/572961/Bigoted-language-shame-would-be-SNP-MP

No idea about its historical use with regard to Germany, and ceryainly wouldn't refer to a German as such.

Regarding the Offensive Bwhaviour Bill, the Irish National Anthem would also be considered offensive under it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Sooooooooooo Gotze lads yeah?

25 million would be good business... :)

I'm well off topic, apologies. I referred to huns, but didn't initiate any conversation on the topic, was only replying to accusations of using discriminatory language

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Fieldog wrote: »
    Sooooooooooo Gotze lads yeah?

25 million would be good business... :)

I know he scored in a world cup final, but is he really the business? I'm not convinced, but then again tis always a gamble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hat-trick for Suarez. :)

He's going to take home the match ball that wins Barca the league which makes it even sweeter.

You are welcome Barcelona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

When is his contract up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I reckon he will get bored soon and want to come back to anfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

When is his contract up?

When we have the funds to bring him home hopefully.

If I was him, I'd be looking for a challenge (i.e. Us) He's basically playing tennis with the net down with Messi and Neymar by his side.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

martyos121 wrote: »
    Hat-trick for Suarez. :)

He's going to take home the match ball that wins Barca the league which makes it even sweeter.

You are welcome Barcelona.

and took the golden boot too. First since Forlan in 2009 who isn't Messi or Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

8-10 wrote: »
    I apologise for my part in taking anything off-topic

That's alright "Kid" I have a hurley to sort it all out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This thread is more up its own ass than some of Evil Angel's famous backsides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

martyos121 wrote: »
    When is his contract up?

When we have the funds to bring him home hopefully.

If I was him, I'd be looking for a challenge (i.e. Us) He's basically playing tennis with the net down with Messi and Neymar by his side.

We'd win the league. Liverpool + Klopp + Suarez > Leicester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Grand, I challenge you to one day walk into a room full of african americans and say "hey what up N*****s???!!?" and then proceed to use that defence about how it used to mean something inoffensive and if they find it offensive that's their problem! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'm well off topic, apologies. I referred to huns, but didn't initiate any conversation on the topic, was only replying to accusations of using discriminatory language

It's a discussion board, things like that happen, but you did initiate it by posting it! That's how it works.

Anyway, West Brom scored 33 goals all season, amazing they stayed up with less than a goal a game.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »

Anyway, West Brom scored 33 goals all season, amazing they stayed up with less than a goal a game.

They will make up for that tomorrow I expect another 6-1 end of season mauling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Sevilla are 2-0 down at half time in their game...think they've rested all their first team tho.

EDIT:Konoplankya is playing. Not sure about that spelling...doesn't look right. Ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Konoplankya sounds like a Ukrainian board game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Monopolyanka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Monopolyanka

In Monoplankya, go passes you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Monopolyanka

Ker-Pulyanka.

Sevilla are 2-0 down at half time in their game...think they've rested all their first team tho.

EDIT:Konoplankya is playing. Not sure about that spelling...doesn't look right. Ah well.

It's actually onoplyanka the K is silent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

14 goals in 5 for Suarez. Magician.

Goes without saying. K's are always silent. Not sure what the point of them is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

onoplyana?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Down to the last round of last man standing and with virtually all top 10 teams used at this stage ... I'm thinking of going with Liverpool tomorrow (must win)

What is people's opinions? I'm thinking team will be

Mignolet

Randall Skrtel Lucas Flanagan

Stewart Allen

ibe Lallana Ojo

Benteke

If Bogdan is fit I'd play him no point of risking Mignolet in anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Watching Can being interviewed on Football Focus his English is great he must have had a very good teacher ;)

Was thinking the same thing myself...when we win the EL, I am putting it on the CV!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I won't be putting Liverpool in any of my accumulators.

If that's any use to you.

If Bogdan is fit I'd play him no point of risking Mignolet in anyway.

I don't think he is fit.

Anyway...fit or unfit,he's rubbish.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I won't be putting Liverpool in any of my accumulators.

If that's any use to you.

Not really, wouldn't myself and then again I won't be putting

Stoke Watford Sunderland or Newcastle either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Best of luck to Jordan.

Its a pity he didnt get much games under Klopp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

So Ing is king?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

OwaynOTT wrote: »

So Ing is king?

Seems reasonable enough :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Down to the last round of last man standing and with virtually all top 10 teams used at this stage ... I'm thinking of going with Liverpool tomorrow (must win)

What is people's opinions? I'm thinking team will be

Mignolet

Randall Skrtel Lucas Flanagan

Stewart Allen

ibe Lallana Ojo

Benteke

I think it'll be even more reserve-y than that even. Allen/Lallana won't play, maybe not Lucas either, and I doubt Mignolet will play either just in case as we don't want to be stuck with Bogdan in goal on Wednesday.

Brannagan, Canos, Randall, Smith, Ojo, Stewart, Bogdan will all start I reckon, and possibly Chirivella also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Lopp?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I don't think he is fit.

Anyway...fit or unfit,he's rubbish.

Scary thought, if Ming gets injured tomorrow we'll have an unfit Bogdan in goal on Wednesday. Who'll be on the bench in that scenario? :eek:

Watching the Red Sox game, Linda looking well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Lopp?

The first "p" is silent

5starpool wrote: »
    I think it'll be even more reserve-y than that even. Allen/Lallana won't play, maybe not Lucas either, and I doubt Mignolet will play either just in case as we don't want to be stuck with Bogdan in goal on Wednesday.

Brannagan, Canos, Randall, Smith, Ojo, Stewart, Bogdan will all start I reckon, and possibly Chirivella also.

So go West Brom? :)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Chesty08 wrote: »
    So go West Brom? :)

Well I wouldn't bet on Liverpool anyhow. That's a general rule of thumb anyhow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement