Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Point isn't the worst with the injuries and *ahem* missing players we had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Sick to death of Mignolet.......the prospect of him and Skrtel starting over the next few weeks makes me ill.

Draw.

Missing Henderson, Can and Sakho all together is going to be an issue.

Sturridge scores his 6th goal in 7 2016 PL appearances :cool:
    If he had been fit all season we'd be in CL places NO DOUBT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Augeo wrote: »
    Draw.

Missing Henderson, Can and Sakho all together is going to be an issue.

But he wasn't so why bother saying it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Hopefully mingolet doing that today has fully convinced klopp to upgrade on him

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ricero wrote: »

I'd hope he didn't need convincing in the first place. I suspect he'll still be number one choice come September though :(

It's a discussion forum old bean, somewhere people air opinions :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Ardent

Final nail in the coffin for Mignolet's Liverpool career you'd imagine.

On Sahko, if guilty get rid. Need an upgrade on him anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Good to refocus the mind that we need new players in the summer. Mignolet has never been, and never will be, good enough while at least two new centre backs are needed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Mignolet at fault no doubt but if Sturridge would pass the ball once in a ****ing while it could have been different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Because he's trying to get his important internet win over Coulson.

Newcastle didn't even do anything, the first goal was so easily preventable, by the second our defence was a shaking mess. Did Mignolet make a save all day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

We said the same thing last season. Then he came back and got injured again.

We really need to stop relying on a striker who just cannot be relied upon.

Hopefully the 5 year contract was nothing more than ensuring a good ish transfer fee

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/22/eden-hazard-simon-mignolet-and-alan-hutton---the-worst-team-of-t/simon-mignlet/

...by the second our defence was a shaking mess. Did Mignolet make a save all day?

2nd was the fault of Mr Glass

• Advertisement

I don't know what constitutes a mistake but just saw this on Twitter:
    "Simon Mignolet's mistakes have cost #LFC 23 points this season. The club would be top of the league on 78 points had they not been made."

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Because he's trying to get his important internet win over Coulson.

Ah the turd steps up for the agent :cool:

Mignolet at fault no doubt but if Sturridge would pass the ball once in a ****ing while it could have been different.

What makes it worse is that he didn't learn his lesson after the first time when he threw himself on the ground and Newcastle should have equalised.

All well and good saying he scored x amount of goals in x amount of games. But if you look at today's game he scored in the second minute, set up two glorious chances for Newcastle and did f*ck all for the other 87 minutes.

Would you lads fcuking stop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mignolet is just so predictably bad with a crossed ball, there must be a compilation video of his ****-ups in this regard somewhere.

As for the rest, a great first half of quick pass and move football, some joyous moments of interplay. That's what we have to hang on to for hope, I thought Lallana was superb, Stewart did well in the middle as well. and Moreno. While Firmino has been quiet in front of goal (though again he scored one that didn't count) he actually is adding moments of quality but they tend to happen quickly so people think he's doing nothing instead.

• Advertisement

I think it's fair to point out the difference having your best player available, for every game, would make.

2nd was the fault of Mr Glass

Sure was. Now you're catching on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

League's been over since the United game in January

All well and good saying he scored x amount of goals in x amount of games. .......

He's a striker, goals per games is the main stat that matters.
    Goals win games, Sturridge scores goals, if he loses possession in the opposition side of the pitch the expectation is the 8/9 players behind him do their job.

Sure was. Now you're catching on.

just to clarify.

Sturridge is no way accountable for the 2nd goal.

Yourself, the turd and the agent might think so but that's nothing more than an intelligence marker for the three of ye ;)

We better sign a goalkeeper and centre mid this summer

We better sign a goalkeeper and centre mid this summer

They are the obvious requirements.

Yea, Sturridge lost the ball needlessly, but there was plenty of bodies behind the ball. He lost the ball well into Newcastles half of the pitch, it wasn't like he lost it on our 18 yard line. He can take criticism for being sloppy in that attack but your not being fair if you blame him for a goal conceded 70 yards from where he lost the ball with plenty of men behind the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

On the first goal had moreno controlled that ball or kolo closed down the cross quicker it wouldn't have even been a chance, , min should have stayed on his line but the other two are more responsible IMO.

Sturridge was very good today even tracking back allot, loosing the ball in the final third wasn't his best moment but can't be held responsible for the goal,

Milner has more heart than anyone in that team at the moment, was motm today would be mad not to keep him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

On the first goal had moreno controlled that ball or kolo closed down the cross quicker it wouldn't have even been a chance, , min should have stayed on his line but the other two are more responsible IMO.

Sturridge was very good today even tracking back allot, loosing the ball in the final third wasn't his best moment but can't be held responsible for the goal,

Milner has more heart than anyone in that team at the moment, was motm today would be mad not to keep him
    Im sorry but i lay all the blame on mings for the first goal. Once again he misjudges a cross

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Sturridge scoring after 1 minute played like a guy playing 5 a side who won't try get the ball back. He has great quality but can be frustating at times. The way he lost the ball was annoying (just jogging with the ball) on the 2nd goal too. He did track back well in the 90 min but overall his performance was just ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,635 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Ah , i think a keeper was always one of the spots to fill . Klopp doesnt seem to suffer fools do a solid keeper coming in was likely.

That cross that Mignolet ****ed up, I'd honestly say an u16 keeper would have caught it......floated in with no pace, no spin, nothing......I gave up trying to figure out how he ****s up so much but its so hard to watch him **** up the only thing he had to do time and time again, players busting a gut, closing down pressing trying hard to create and score chances, I mean Sturridges and Lallanas goals were absolute beautys, and then concede like we did is so frustrating.....how did he got a new contract? It genuinely worries me that he may be first choice again next season.....

Im sorry but i lay all the blame on mings for the first goal. Once again he misjudges a cross

You think moreno deserves no blame for failing to control the ball?

NukaCola wrote: »
    Yea, Sturridge lost the ball needlessly, but there was plenty of bodies behind the ball. He lost the ball well into Newcastles half of the pitch, it wasn't like he lost it on our 18 yard line. He can take criticism for being sloppy in that attack but your not being fair if you blame him for a goal conceded 70 yards from where he lost the ball with plenty of men behind the ball.

Had he passed it instead of trying to do it all himself as usual,he wouldn't have lost it,we might have scored and there would have been no defending to do. A lot of ifs and buts but he can be incredibly frustrating at times. Yes he scores goals and the one he got was brilliant but in my opinion it doesn't give him a free pass on everything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dopes rather doping is the biggest threat to this side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

The Sakho news is very disapointing. If he took some supplement or drug & never checked if it was legal its a huge error. Maybe someone told him it was legal or maybe he thought he might get away with it. Being good friends with Toure who had a ban himself for a similar substance makes it even more stupid too.

Don't know what it is but it seems generally people seem to be very quick to jump on Danny Sturridge, when fit he's our best player, cut him some slack he doesn't deliberately get injures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to blame Sturridge for their second goal.

Attackers have license to take risks in the opposition third and sometimes they will make mistakes or make poor decisions and lose the ball. It happens to every striker. It's the job of the midfield and defense to stop counter attacks in those instances.

This Mr Glass stuff is fairly pathetic at this stage too.

Sturridges goal return since his return from injury has been exceptional but I reckon there are some who would rather Benteke starting up front for us

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

MD1990 wrote: »
    The Sakho news is very disapointing. If he took some supplement or drug & never checked if it was legal its a huge error. Maybe someone told him it was legal or maybe he thought he might get away with it. Being good friends with Toure who had a ban himself for a similar substance makes it even more stupid too.

What I can't understand is why a professional athlete would need fat burners, Liverpool like all big clubs have top notch physical coaches and I'm sure dieticians too, so why he would take fat burners is beyond me.

I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to blame Sturridge for their second goal.

Attackers have license to take risks in the opposition third and sometimes they will make mistakes or make poor decisions and lose the ball. It happens to every striker. It's the job of the midfield and defense to stop counter attacks in those instances.

Sturridges goal return since his return from injury has been exceptional but I reckon there are some who would rather Benteke starting up front for us

I don't think there's a single poster in this thread that would rather Benteke starting. Don't know how you've jumped to that conclusion.

I don't think there's a single poster in this thread that would rather Benteke starting. Don't know how you've jumped to that conclusion.

When people are saying he cost us points today it's hard to know what to think

You won't get any sense out of them where Mr Glass is concerned.

You won't get any sense out of them where Mr Glass is concerned.

You think sense is blaming a striker for losing a ball in the opposition third of the pitch and absolving the entire midfield and defense of any responsibility?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The first line of defense starts with your strikers especially when you play a high pressing game like we do now under Klopp.

• Advertisement

The first line of defense starts with your strikers especially when you play a high pressing game like we do now under Klopp.

Yep first not last

When you don't have the ball.

When you do have the ball you have to allow attackers the freedom to lose the ball.

Firmino is constantly losing it in the attacking and midfield thirds of the pitch. Most times these don't lead to goals for the opposition. When they do it is invariably because of further errors by the defense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

When you don't have the ball.

When you do have the ball you have to allow attackers the freedom to lose the ball.

Firmino is constantly losing it in the attacking and midfield thirds of the pitch. Most times these don't lead to goals for the opposition. When they do it is invariably because of further errors by the defense

Firmino tracks back chases down balls after loses he it or misplaces a pass Sturridge stands and sulks or looks to blame someone else most of the time instead of working for the rest of his team mates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭mormank

Agreed on the Mr Glass stuff. Is it supposed to be funny or something? I dunno.
    Anyway we all know about Sturridge's goal contribution, it is precisely for this reason that his consistent lenghtly absences are so frustrating. You don't often hear people complain much when Benteke is injured.

Had he passed it instead of trying to do it all himself as usual,he wouldn't have lost it,we might have scored and there would have been no defending to do. A lot of ifs and buts but he can be incredibly frustrating at times. Yes he scores goals and the one he got was brilliant but in my opinion it doesn't give him a free pass on everything else.

I agreed that he lost it needlessly, he does tend to do that and I do give him a lot of stick for it and very rarely if ever give him a free pass, but if any of your attacking players lose the ball while attacking and you concede from it the way we did I could not put the blame on the attacker for the goal. He lost it 80 yards from goal with 8 players behind the ball. I'm not saying I'm right or anything but I just believe it would be very harsh to blame him for the goal.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement