Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Kuyt is one of my favourite players ever, and I'm not joking. He has probably the highest workrate I've seen for a winger and plenty of ability on the ball, great goal poacher too.

I would 100% take him back to Liverpool even at 35, sadly that isn't on the cards though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Grayditch wrote: »
    Sometimes I play old Fifas just to score with Kuyt.

Pro Evo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

martyos121 wrote: »
    Kuyt is one of my favourite players ever, and I'm not joking. He has probably the highest workrate I've seen for a winger and plenty of ability on the ball, great goal poacher too.

I would 100% take him back to Liverpool even at 35, sadly that isn't on the cards though.

I agree, but he's a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I agree, but he's a striker.

He hasn't been a regular striker for a good 8 years. He plays mostly on the right, amd that's where he's played for Feyenoord this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Shout out for skittles ,looks like it was his last game..limited player but gave everything for 8 years,respect, quite liked him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Shout out for skittles ,looks like it was his last game..limited player but gave everything for 8 years,respect, quite liked him

Great servant to the club, even more so in his prime....

I wish him well....

Legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Wish him all the best, hope he finds a decent club to pasture on.

Wonder where he'll head off to?

Vicxas wrote: »
    Wish him all the best, hope he finds a decent club to pasture on.

Wonder where he'll head off to?

I wonder would he go abroad to somewhere like Fenerbahce?

Or will he end up at Stoke... :D

He'd be great at Stoke, always thought he'd make a good Rugby player :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Henderson is a like a modern day Lucas. Being wrote off again after he was in his 1st season too. He has played most of the season with a long standing heel condition. I'm pretty sure he will find his best form again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I think he could do better than Stoke. I reckon after this many years in England, he'd go to Germany or Italy possibly. Both leagues still like a big defender...

Watching yesterday, but God, Benteke is terrible. Completely useless running in on goal, terrible touch a lot of the time, doesn't bully defenders as he should. I don't care what he cost, we need to sell outright, no loans. I am sure a few German teams would be interested.

One game to do, then a very interesting summer of transfers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

hefferboi wrote: »
    Not really the type of midfielder we need though.
    You're right, despite the fact that it's only 5 minutes of highlights from an entire season the clip suggests he might have the ability to play defence splitting passes, can cross a ball, doesn't panic in possession and might be able to take a set piece. We would be totally mad to sign such a player.

On a more serious note he looks like the type of player that will take the pressure off of Coutinho to always be the creative spark. He'll take a season to settle in to the league so we shouldn't expect instant fireworks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

MD1990 wrote: »
    Henderson is a like a modern day Lucas. Being wrote off again after he was in his 1st season too. He has played most of the season with a long standing heel condition. I'm pretty sure he will find his best form again.

The long standing heal condition is incurable though so he will be playing every season with it.

I'm for keeping Henderson as he is a good player to have in the squad but as others have said he shouldn't have the captaincy.

Milan like skrtel type defenfers,wouldnt surprise me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Went looking for the Spurs thread to see what they thought of the Newcastle game. Can't find it. Is it gone or am I that drunk?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Went looking for the Spurs thread to see what they thought of the Newcastle game. Can't find it. Is it gone or am I that drunk?

They have their own forum.... don't ask

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Could see him ending up at Napoli with Hamsik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

gimli2112 wrote: »

They are hidden away here in the hosted/soc section of boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Could see him ending up at Napoli with Hamsik
    Didn't he turn down transfers to Inter Milan and Wolfsburg last year and sign a contract extension? It might be difficult to move him on, he's at the club 7/8 years now and his family might consider Liverpool their home. I suppose Everton might be in the market for an experienced defender the only other 'local' Premier League options are Burnley or Stoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

They are hidden away here in the hosted/soc section of boards.
    After the last four games, it certainly looks like a very good place for them:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

After the last four games, it certainly looks like a very good place for them:pac:

Seems to be different rules there just looking the where will we finish thread posts lol

Talisman wrote: »
    Didn't he turn down transfers to Inter Milan and Wolfsburg last year and sign a contract extension? It might be difficult to move him on, he's at the club 7/8 years now and his family might consider Liverpool their home. I suppose Everton might be in the market for an experienced defender the only other 'local' Premier League options are Burnley or Stoke.

I think he turned down moves while first choice with us, and for no increase in wage. But I am sure he'll know that Klopp will not use him regularly, so who would turn down a few years in Naples or Milan before you retire??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Five Liverpool players in the England provisional 26 - Clyne, Milner, Lallana, Hendo, Sturridge. You'd imagine all five will make the cut.

Anyone fancy a spot of intrigue? Piotr Zieliński has been photographed in the No 10 shirt, there's a line of thought that says Coutinho really should play as a No 8 which is where Zieliński plays, if Gotze arrives he is a No 10 so could Coutinho be off to Barcelona?

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

dogbert27 wrote: »
    The long standing heal condition is incurable though so he will be playing every season with it.

I'm for keeping Henderson as he is a good player to have in the squad but as others have said he shouldn't have the captaincy.

Not quite. It is incurable but it rupturing fully gets rid of the problem, and it did rupture fully a couple of months back before he had hamstring issues. There shouldn't (I believe) be any lingering issues with it from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Why? I see this said a lot, would like peoples opinions on it....Who would you have in instead.

The thing that annoys me about Henderson in general is he's not a guy I'd look to when things get tough, however I dont know how the lads react to him, behind the scenes he may be excellent.....but going off what I see he isn't the traditional kind of captain that leads by example but I suppose there aren't a lot of those type of captains any more.

What annoys me most about Henderson is he allows opposition players to influence the ref unopposed....he never seems to get in the refs ear about unfavourable decisions or stand up for his team mates to the ref......he does it the odd time but far less than needed......he just doesn't really get involved enough for his team mates......

As for who should be captain......its hard to call really, Lucas probably, seems to have a lot of respect and does stand up for his team mates....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

They just don't like paying for them. They'll look for a 4 year loan deal where they pay three fiddy towards his wages. F*cking shambles of a club, would hate to see us ever deal with them again.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Why? I see this said a lot, would like peoples opinions on it....Who would you have in instead.

The thing that annoys me about Henderson in general is he's not a guy I'd look to when things get tough, however I dont know how the lads react to him, behind the scenes he may be excellent.....but going off what I see he isn't the traditional kind of captain that leads by example but I suppose there aren't a lot of those type of captains any more.

What annoys me most about Henderson is he allows opposition players to influence the ref unopposed....he never seems to get in the refs ear about unfavourable decisions or stand up for his team mates to the ref......he does it the odd time but far less than needed......he just doesn't really get involved enough for his team mates......

As for who should be captain......its hard to call really, Lucas probably, seems to have a lot of respect and does stand up for his team mates....

You answered the question for me! :D

Milner has been doing that more than Henderson ever has. It is a tough call as to who should be captain.

It's something that can weigh a player down and yeah Lucas steps up to the plate when called on.

Klopp has used him as a squad player though so I wonder if he will still be here come August?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Five Liverpool players in the England provisional 26 - Clyne, Milner, Lallana, Hendo, Sturridge. You'd imagine all five will make the cut.

Anyone fancy a spot of intrigue? Piotr Zieliński has been photographed in the No 10 shirt, there's a line of thought that says Coutinho really should play as a No 8 which is where Zieliński plays, if Gotze arrives he is a No 10 so could Coutinho be off to Barcelona?

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

He is not near good enough for Barcelona though.

5starpool wrote: »
    Not quite. It is incurable but it rupturing fully gets rid of the problem, and it did rupture fully a couple of months back before he had hamstring issues. There shouldn't (I believe) be any lingering issues with it from now on.

Rupturing it fully might relieve the pain of it, it doesn't fully get rid of the problem and Henderson hasn't ruptured it yet.

It will always be with him and something he has to manage.

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »

Too inconsistent for the first team but would not be out of place on the bench or as backup......not near good enough is harsh, on his day he can be amazing....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

rob316 wrote: »

Ah Vermaelen is there who is fųcking shıt don't say that

Too inconsistent for the first team but would not be out of place on the bench or as backup......not near good enough is harsh, on his day he can be amazing....

He can of course be amazing - I think he has been a bit inconsistent though this season, and I still don't think he would be of Barcelona quality, but if he wants to go sit at a bench at Barca then fair enough....

(If Gotze comes in) :)

As much as i love Couts, he's far too volatile to be considered in the Barca squad.

Sergi Roberto has played 47 games this season for Barca. Iniesta needs to be rotated. I'm pretty sure Coutinho would get lots of gametime at Barca. To say he is nowhere near good enough is completly untrue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Barcelona are the best team in world football probably, you need to be consistent to be starting there week in week out and he is not near consistent enough so in essence he isn't good enough for Barca.....yet! In terms of ability and potential he's a perfect fit no doubting that. Coutinho doesn't strike me as someone who would be happy to sit on the bench at Barcelona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

MD1990 wrote: »
    Sergi Roberto has played 47 games this season for Barca. Iniesta needs to be rotated. I'm pretty sure Coutinho would get lots of gametime at Barca. To say he is nowhere near good enough is completly untrue.

A fair few of those at right back. Turan was also bought to fill that void already and he has barely played. Cou wouldnt look out of place at barca but I think for the moment it would be an ill advised move if he values playing time over honours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Not seeing how FSG could defend spin / explain a sale of Coutinho this summer tbh. A slow ramp up towards the move in summer 2017 could start however...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Vicxas wrote: »
    As much as i love Couts, he's far too volatile to be considered in the Barca squad.

volatile

you-keep-using-that-word.jpg

klose wrote: »
    A fair few of those at right back. Turan was also bought to fill that void already and he has barely played. Cou wouldnt look out of place at barca but I think for the moment it would be an ill advised move if he values playing time over honours.

13 at RB, 3 at LB.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote:
    They just don't like paying for them. They'll look for a 4 year loan deal where they pay three fiddy towards his wages. F*cking shambles of a club, would hate to see us ever deal with them again.

A good example of how mismanagent can affect a huge club,we were almost worse of course but got bailed

klose wrote: »
    Don't forget Coutinho could also play in the front 3 if one is injured or instead of Rakitic. Of course he would have to prove himself but I'm pretty sure he would be a great signing for them. I don't think it will happen Barca don't have the money to sign him unless they sell Turan to China.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Rupturing it fully might relieve the pain of it, it doesn't fully get rid of the problem and Henderson hasn't ruptured it yet.

It will always be with him and something he has to manage.

I was sure I read somewhere that he had ruptured it fully after suffering with it for a few months beforehand, but I can't find anything now to back it up. I guess this summer will tell a lot anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Polish media are reporting that zielinski is being signed after he was assessed by buvac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I should say I'm not advocating he move, I'm just thinking with my FSG bean counter hat on - one out and two in for a net spend profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

5starpool wrote: »
    I was sure I read somewhere that he had ruptured it fully after suffering with it for a few months beforehand, but I can't find anything now to back it up. I guess this summer will tell a lot anyhow.

Few internet doctors diagnosed it!

Seriously, Don't think it was ever confirmed so I'd assume not.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

volatile

Reminds me of this!
    David Beckham on being asked if he's a 'volatile' player
    "Well, I can play in the centre, on the right and occasionally on the left side.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Coutinho is on low enough wages so doubt that would be a consideration.

I'd say one of Lucas or Allen will be going plus Alberto will be gone.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

volatile

you-keep-using-that-word.jpg

Ill be a bigger man and admit I used the wrong word, and not sneakily delete it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

K-9 wrote: »
    Coutinho is on low enough wages so doubt that would be a consideration.

I'd say one of Lucas or Allen will be going plus Alberto will be gone.

I can actually see Lucas been used more as a CB going forward.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement