Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

I know it's Barca, but win the Europa and it's an exciting time to be at Liverpool, with Klopp who can attract big players. Why would Cout want to leave now?

Apart from that he's not good enough to start there, too inconsistent in general. Plus he would cost 20-25 mil. Barca having money problems as it is, a new stadium to fund, they do not need to throw that sort of money on a position they can upgrade with a lot less money - Denis Suarez & Nolito. CB is the main position they'll strengthen. I'd be shocked if Coutinho left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I know it's Barca, but win the Europa and it's an exciting time to be at Liverpool, with Klopp who can attract big players. Why would Cout want to leave now?

Apart from that he's not good enough to start there, too inconsistent in general. Plus he would cost 20-25 mil. Barca having money problems as it is, a new stadium to fund, they do not need to throw that sort of money on a position they can upgrade with a lot less money - Denis Suarez & Nolito. CB is the main position they'll strengthen. I'd be shocked if Coutinho left.

I'd be looking for a lot more than 20-25 million if the trasnfer became possible.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I'd be looking for a lot more than 20-25 million if the trasnfer became possible.

Definitely but you know how these things work.

They'll start putting out feelers through suarez/neymar in the press, then they will be actively pursuing him for months (without doing anything about it) trying to get Cout to agitate for the move himself.

They'll probably get him for 20-25 million.

Or do an AC on us and get him on a 5 year loan for thrupence fifty a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Definitely but you know how these things work.

They'll start putting out feelers through suarez/neymar in the press, then they will be actively pursuing him for months (without doing anything about it) trying to get Cout to agitate for the move himself.

They'll probably get him for 20-25 million.

Or do an AC on us and get him on a 5 year loan for thrupence fifty a week.

http://www.skysports.ie/football/news/12691/10001033/neymar-would-like-liverpools-philippe-coutinho-at-barcelona

Last September.

I honestly don't see Coutinho moving this summer, anyway. For one, I don't think he has shown enough quality on a consistent basis for Liverpool to warrant it. He's a great player but he's still developing and will put the brakes on any such move for a year or two until he can demonstrate that he's Barca quality every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Twitter is telling me LFC have signed Karius, the Mainz keeper.

Any use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

daithijjj wrote: »

Any use?

So thats Zelinski and him today if true.

Klopp works fast.... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

daithijjj wrote: »

Any use?

8 clean sheets in 33 games this season. Can't say I've ever seen him play but anything I've read about him has been glowing. Only 22 so it could mean that we start next season with Mignolet in goal with Karius developing, playing the cups, etc.

Have also seen reports that Danny Ward is joining Huddersfield.

Give it ten minutes though and everyone on Twitter will claim to know everything about Karius just like they did yesterday with Zielinski.

EDIT: Im not a fan of the Whoscored model of stats-based judgement, but they only have 5 Bundesliga keepers rated higher than Karius this season - Baumann, Zieler, Horn, Hitz and Fahrmann.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Vicxas wrote: »
    So thats Zelinski and him today if true.

Klopp works fast.... :eek:

His transfer acumen is a lot like his football tactics.

He sent three lads over on a helicopter, they then sprinted to Mainz's training ground and got right up in Karius' face, demanded that he sign for us, and then left.

The Gegenpresstransfer. Patent pending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

8 clean sheets in 33 games this season. Can't say I've ever seen him play but anything I've read about him has been glowing. Only 22 so it could mean that we start next season with Mignolet in goal with Karius developing, playing the cups, etc.

Have also seen reports that Danny Ward is joining Huddersfield.

Give it ten minutes though and everyone on Twitter will claim to know everything about Karius just like they did yesterday with Zielinski.

EDIT: Im not a fan of the Whoscored model of stats-based judgement, but they only have 5 Bundesliga keepers rated higher than Karius this season - Baumann, Zieler, Horn, Hitz and Fahrmann.

He'll karius to the title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

corwill wrote: »

Ba dum dum tish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

corwill wrote: »

9302700.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Who Scored Bundesliga Team of the Season

EtbBSY2.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Klopp gets **** done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

From what I've read Karius is the 2nd best keeper in the Bundesliga - behind Manuel Neuer.

Great news if true - I've been worried that Klopp might try to work with what he's got already when it came to GK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

I'd of preferred Leno but think he signed a new deal a few weeks ago so didn't have my hopes up. Karius is an improvement on Mignolet and will be a good signing for us.

Can't say I know too much about Zielinski but have faith in Klopp and Buvac (apparently ZB has been scouting him all year)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He will give Can a run for his money in the hair department.

At €10m we really are learning how to do this whole transfer thing.

At €10m we really are learning how to do this whole transfer thing.

Sign all the 10m-ish players. It seems to be a sweet spot - Clyne, Can, Origi, Ings (all in), Moreno (er...!), Grujic

Sign all the 10m-ish players. It seems to be a sweet spot - Clyne, Can, Origi, Ings (all in), Moreno (er...!), Grujic

And stay away from all the over priced one season hit Premier League players.

Say no to Kante, Vardy, Mahrez :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Say no to Kante, Vardy, Mahrez :D

You can guarantee if we bought them they'd turn to ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Dont know anything at all about Karius.....however if he can catch a cross and distribute the ball well and not switch off completely at vital times then he'll be an instant upgrade...

Yeah mig gets a bad rep.

But its well deserved.

Karius full game against 'gladbach. Note his early throws and kick outs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Some very impressive saves here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Im not a fan of the Whoscored model of stats-based judgement, but they only have 5 Bundesliga keepers rated higher than Karius this season - Baumann, Zieler, Horn, Hitz and Fahrmann.
    There are a lot of good goalkeepers in Germany.

Image stolen from Goal.com

3164292.jpg

Judging by the numbers he's not going to be an understudy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Who Scored Bundesliga Team of the Season

EtbBSY2.png

Mkhitaryan with the highest average rating in the league. He's really flourished with Dortmund this season. From what I've seen of him this season, he would have fit into our system excellently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Luis Alberto.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Not sure it's great timing to have new players being signed a day or so before a big cup final. It'll hardly do Mignolet in particular any good.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    Not sure it's great timing to have new players being signed a day or so before a big cup final. It'll hardly do Mignolet in particular any good.

Could force him to put on a show to maintain his place.

It would be great to upgrade on Mig, the thought of him starting PL games as our #1 next season is less than fantastic, the thought of him starting CL games is grim. All going well we'll be in the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Talisman wrote: »
    There are a lot of good goalkeepers in Germany.

Image stolen from Goal.com

3164292.jpg

Judging by the numbers he's not going to be an understudy.

So many more saves per game so should keep even more clean sheets with us.

Also didn't drop the ball from a cross and collected more crosses.

However his most exciting quality is his great hair :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The source is twitter so I reckon he'll be all right just yet.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

emmetkenny wrote: »
    So many more saves per game so should keep even more clean sheets with us.

sadly not how it works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Can't wait to see Karius in the Nivea ads in a few months time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I think the nickname 'Slow' will eventually pick up pace for Mr. Karius.

At least I hope it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Glico Man wrote: »

At least I hope it does.

Coming for to Karius hoooooooome........

At least I hope it does.

Karius of fire....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Was kinda hoping someone would pick up on Slow Loris tbh :p

I see we are now looking at Leed's left back according to The Express.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Colemania wrote: »
    Mkhitaryan with the highest average rating in the league. He's really flourished with Dortmund this season. From what I've seen of him this season, he would have fit into our system excellently

18 goals and 20 assists according to transfermartk, sensational season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I see we are now looking at Leed's left back according to The Express.

We should be looking at West Ham's.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Zee Germans are coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sadly not how it works

Not exactly but if you have a higher save % you tend to save more which leads to less goals.

Also from the above stats he doesn't drop a ball which might not have the defence in a panic everytime a cross comes in.

On an unrelated note: has a date been set for Sakho's hearing and when can we expect to hear how long he'll be suspended for?

Was kinda hoping someone would pick up on Slow Loris tbh :p

I still don't get it.

I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it*, and what's *it* seems weird and scary to me.

w00t
    Divock Origi travelling with the squad to Basel! https://t.co/UkYeIJDuau
    — LiverpoolFF (@LiverpoolFF) May 16, 2016

Bring him on for the craic when we're 6-0 up with 2 mins 2 play.

Bring him on for the craic when we're 6-0 up with 2 mins 2 play.

That really would be the final straw for Sturridge could you imagine the sulk he would throw be only put on for the final few minutes of a European Cup Final.

It would be great to see Origi get some gametime on Wed, he fully deserves to feature if he's fit.

If things are going well coming up to the last 10/15 mins he could feature, if things aren't going well we'll need him to feature.

I suspect Sturridge will have things wrapped us for us in 90 mins, much like the last EL game.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement