Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

On an unrelated note: has a date been set for Sakho's hearing and when can we expect to hear how long he'll be suspended for?
    its been put on the back burner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

gafferino wrote: »

Any guesses as to Sturridge's thoughts in that pic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

MD1990 wrote: »
    its been put on the back burner

The fat burner is on the back burner.....

Really looking forward to Wed, the squad is again taking shape nicely with key players returning.

Can being available and likely to start is immense. Himself and Milner (who is in great form) at CM negate the need for Lucas to start ahead of Toure & Lovren.

Lovren seems rejuvenated lately and the maligned by some Toure isn't looking like a 35 year old. We don't have much to worry about at CM or CB imo.

Clyne you'd expect to be as consistent as ever on the right, Moreno unless he's targeted should be fine with Milner and a CB covering when he attacks the flank.

That 6 and Mig starting mean the other four are Coutinho, Lallana, Firmino and Sturridge, unless Henderson starts alongside Can in which case Milner might get the no ahead of Lallana.

I'd prefer to see Henderson on the bench though, don't think he can offer anything over Can or Milner in this game.

Mignolet having an "episode" is my biggest worry, possibly my only one really.

Heading into the summer, it's GK, CM & striker to replace Benteke & Balotelli are the must haves.

garra wrote: »

I reckon he's happy out, chance of two up top if Seville go ahead and we need to get adventurous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Luis Alberto.
    Apparently, he's looking forward to coming back to fight for his place under Klopp next season.

Probably in the same way Benteke is.

Good news about Loris Karius even though I'm a bit underwhelmed. I got a text saying Liverpool had signed Karius Lloris this morning and I thought Karius was a spellcheck mistake for Hugo:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

5starpool wrote: »
    I still don't get it.

I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it*, and what's *it* seems weird and scary to me.

This is a Slow Loris

JN6sYGV.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Who Scored Bundesliga Team of the Season

EtbBSY2.png
    Is J. Hector the left back we're supposedly signing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Glico Man wrote: »
    This is a Slow Loris

JN6sYGV.gif

I know we might have an issue at CB depending how things work out in the next few weeks, but signing Richard Keogh from Derby is not the answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

corwill wrote: »
    I know we might have an issue at CB depending how things work out in the next few weeks, but signing Richard Keogh from Derby is not the answer.

You absolute, brilliant bastard. Those eyes :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Liverpool are closing in on a £4.7million deal for Mainz goalkeeper Loris Karius.

Echo.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

daithijjj wrote: »
    Liverpool are closing in on a £4.7million deal for Mainz goalkeeper Loris Karius.

Echo.

It'll be free by morning. It was €10m earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Maybe we're REALLY good at negotiation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

daithijjj wrote: »

Echo.

Loris Karius
    Karius
    Karius
    Kari

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Then he actually signs; Guardian headline - "HE COST THEM SQUILLIONS, THE MORONS!".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Glico Man wrote: »
    This is a Slow Loris

JN6sYGV.gif

Looks a bit like Joe Allen before he turned into Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

I don't know jack **** about Karius but just glad that we're working on getting our business done early. The earlier these players get integrated into the squad the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Talisman wrote: »
    Is J. Hector the left back we're supposedly signing?

Its is Jonas Hector, that seems to have gone quiet though. Chilwell from Leicester City is the most recent link for LB

Dejan Lovren has been left out of the Croatia squad, that's good news for bedding in a new defence for the beginning of the season.

• Advertisement

Its is Jonas Hector, that seems to have gone quiet though. Chilwell from Leicester City is the most recent link for LB
    Isn't he only a teenager? He's hardly going to displace Moreno next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

CimvOHDWkAAOBDY.jpg:large

monkey9 wrote: »
    CimvOHDWkAAOBDY.jpg:large
    Sakho-Lukaku.jpg

Sakho-Lukaku.jpg

ed332db0-5aa7-11e4-8eef-a30ee0a3d2ba_brenda1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    ed332db0-5aa7-11e4-8eef-a30ee0a3d2ba_brenda1.jpg

Everyone is off their head :D

13237610_1715800152012330_6713195670622719930_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=e385528f28f9832ec5f79ba81dec09e4&oe=57D79ADE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Everyone is off their head :D

Cake is a made up drug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hilarious and all about Ingham is fit for. Oh and a paedo, Christ its a who's who of filth! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Cake is a made up drug

Rodgers and Shako having a dance to this after licking a few frogs

https://youtu.be/2ToZBopL1q0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Sakho-Lukaku.jpg

That was me at Punchestown this year:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

garra wrote: »
    Cil4yIOW0AAu4c8.jpg

giphy.gif

hefferboi wrote: »
    That was me at Punchestown this year:o
    hopefully your the same wednesday night.

hopefully your the same wednesday night.

I hope the MD in your username is your initials :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

15 year ago today we won the Europa League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Or UEFA Cup, if you will

8-10 wrote: »
    Or UEFA Cup, if you will

Or the Johnstone's Paint Trophy of Europe as I have seen it called in other threads on here.

Karius was with City for 2 years in there youth team.

And that game was as mad as a bag of yokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Karius was with City for 2 years in there youth team.

Interesting! Certainly helps with the bedding in process if he were to join us.

I presume he'd also know Can pretty well from going through the youth ranks.

<edit> actually it seems himself an Can were on different international youth cycles because of their birth months, despite both being 22. Still, a countryman there the same age can't hurt.

• Advertisement

charlie-glue-dance-o.gif

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Interesting! Certainly helps with the bedding in process if he were to join us.

I presume he'd also know Can pretty well from going through the youth ranks.

<edit> actually it seems himself an Can were on different international youth cycles because of their birth months, despite both being 22. Still, a countryman there the same age can't hurt.

A couple of 22 year old German hearttrob's with fantastic hair let loose in Liverpool. What could go wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

hefferboi wrote: »
    A couple of 22 year old German hearttrob's with fantastic hair let loose in Liverpool. What could go wrong!

We'll have some unreal talent coming through the youth ranks in about 15 or 16 years!

Looks like the search for a left back is on going ...

Klopp eyes swoop for Leeds defender (Daily Express via Official website)
    Liverpool have set their sights on Leeds defender Charlie Taylor.

That is according to Football Insider, who claim the Reds are lining up a move for the 22-year-old this summer as they look to sign a new left-back.

Taylor is about to enter the 12 months of his contract at Elland Road and Leeds are reportedly willing to sell him this summer to avoid losing him on a free next year.

Celtic's Kieran Tierney was thought to be Liverpool's priority target, but the Scottish club revealed last week that they're looking to tie him down to a new and improved deal.

“Kieran has three years left after the summer,” chief executive Peter Lawwell said. “He’s done brilliantly well and normally when that happens we’ll sit down with them and try to reward them.

“We’ll do that with Kieran and look to extend his contract. I’m sure that’ll happen over the summer. The kid wants to stay and we’re eager for him to stay.”

Liverpool are also said to be keeping tabs on Leicester's Ben Chillwell, Lorient’s Raphael Guerreiro, PSV Eindhoven’s Jetro Willems and Cologne’s Jonas Hector.
    No mention of Cresswell in there, from Klopp's perspective, he'd possibly cost too much considering the premium on English players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

skrtelklopp.jpg

Looks like the face of a man who knows he's leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

**** 15 years ago I was at it fecking lashed all day in Dortmund
    God feeling very old now

• Advertisement

GK: Loris Karius (In talks)
    CB: Matip (signed)
    CM: Grujic (signed), Zielinski (In talks apparently)
    AM: Goetze (target)

It's crazy that we have all this lined up by the middle of May!

Do people think we'll go for a striker?

If all four strikers that we have are happy to be used as a squad then I think we are very strong in that area, Sturridge, Origi, Benteke and Ings. I think that is what Klopp has been trying to say too with regard Sturridge in that for Klopp there is no number 1 stirker, they all are there to be used as Klopp sees fit.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Do people think we'll go for a striker?

If all four strikers that we have are happy to be used as a squad then I think we are very strong in that area, Sturridge, Origi, Benteke and Ings. I think that is what Klopp has been trying to say too with regard Sturridge in that for Klopp there is no number 1 stirker, they all are there to be used as Klopp sees fit.
    I don't see Benteke fitting in, he needs to be one of a two player forward line and how likely are we to see that? Sturridge, Ings, Origi and Firmino are all more adaptable.

Bayern Munich's Mario Gotze would fit well at Liverpool - Roberto Firmino (ESPN)
    Roberto Firmino says Bayern Munich midfielder Mario Gotze would fit in well at Liverpool.

Gotze, 23, has been rumoured to be leaving the Bundesliga champions and has found it difficult to make regular appearances for the club since transferring from Borussia Dortmund, where he played under current Reds boss Jurgen Klopp, in July of 2013.

One of those speculated destinations is Liverpool, where Firmino, who moved to the club from Hoffenheim last summer, has helped the Anfield side to a berth in Wednesday's Europa League final, as well as an unsuccessful appearance in the League Cup decider at Wembley earlier this year.

The Brazilian midfielder told Bild: "Gotze I still know well from my time in Germany, when I played with Hoffenheim against Borussia Dortmund and Bayern.

"He has incredible qualities in attack. He would fit in well with us and will surely help us with his class also."

Liverpool will face two-time defending champions Sevilla in the Europa League final in Basel, Switzerland on Wednesday.

Of the match, the 24-year-old Brazilian said: "We have worked over the entire season so hard and deserve this final.

"But Sevilla is probably the most difficult opponents we could have faced. But we have beaten Dortmund and we won't hide.

"In Basel we have to deliver our maximum again."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Talisman wrote: »

Methinks Firmino is trying to sweet talk young Mario.

"He would fit in well with us and will surely help us with his class also."

Maybe Bobby already knows Mario is on the way!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement