Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Benteke and Carrol,

Like a wall of slow moving death.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

john why wrote: »
    Happy European final day lads.

Friends1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Vicxas wrote: »
    Benteke and Carrol,

But MAN, those set pieces...

West Ham can now spend a packet cause they got a massive new stadium for pennies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Just hope the lads play well and are up for it, I'll take anything that happens as long as they give it their all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

Benteke and Carrol,

Benteke would be a fantastic signing for West Ham. He'd score 20 league goals plus for them. The perfect upgrade on Carroll if they were hoping to kick on a level.

Rumour doing the rounds though that the striker they bid for in England may be Callum Wilson from Bournemouth. Incidentally Martin O'Neill had been eying him up to play for Ireland but no joy as of yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The day is going to drag isn't it :(

Assuming we lose, I'm just going to say that I'm as positive about how we project as I have been in a long time. When we stuttered against Chelsea two year's ago the Suarez talk started almost immediately - it was clear choppy waters were ahead. I'm confident in the manager; for the first time in a couple of years we are not due to lose any key players this summer; I'm hopeful that we will have learned from previous mistakes in the transfer market.

And if we actually win tonight well, it will be all sweetness and light

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

According to the BBC gossip column (surely reliable as all gossip columns are) Rodgers will have to forego £10m in sevarance from LFC if he takes the Celtic job. Seems odd, but if it saves us 10m, take the job Brendan please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

5starpool wrote: »
    According to the BBC gossip column (surely reliable as all gossip columns are) Rodgers will have to forego £10m in sevarance from LFC if he takes the Celtic job. Seems odd, but if it saves us 10m, take the job Brendan please.

If that's true you'd be mad to pass up the £10m. Is it because it's a British club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Excited for tonight, have not been this nervous about a game since we played City & Chelsea in 13/14.

Feeling confident though , especially after seeing the calmness of Klopp yesterday. That has to transcend to the team and lead to a good performance.

Win this, another European trophy to our roll call (keeps us ahead of Utd in the trophy count) and a bonus of Champion's League that leads to better transfers. Tonight is a great opportunity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The good news is that if it's defeat its "Livsexit" and no European football next season so Klopp will have much more coaching and recovery time, a title bid is a must!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cannot wait for tonight. I'm like a kid on Christmas morning here :)

Win or loose tonight I don't really care as long as the team goes out and performs to their best.

It's one thing turning up and been beaten by a better team while giving it everything.

It's another thing turning up and not trying ala Real Madrid in Anfield for the last CL.

Saying that I hope we smash them tonight :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Its only 11 o clock..... JESUS Christ this day is taking forever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Cannot wait for tonight. I'm like a kid on Christmas morning here :)

Win or loose tonight I don't really care as long as the team goes out and performs to their best.

It's one thing turning up and been beaten by a better team while giving it everything.

It's another thing turning up and not trying ala Real Madrid in Anfield for the last CL.

Saying that I hope we smash them tonight :D

How can you be excited about a game and then say you don't care if they win or lose, just perform well.

I want a victory.

Its only 11 o clock..... JESUS Christ this day is taking forever

Yes, the morning is dragging!

But I have calls from 12.00 until 17.30, so I won't notice the afternoon passing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Such a draggy day! And I'm not hungover or anything!!

Just waiting for 5.30 is gonna be a pain and waiting for the team news etc to start filter through, even though we all know the 11 really.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    How can you be excited about a game and then say you don't care if they win or lose, just perform well.

I want a victory.

No what I said is I don't care if we win or loose as long as we give absolutely everything in the game.

Saying that 'Don't Care' is probably a little strong and I'll be disappointed if we don't win. Same as with the League Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Hopefully this is us around 9.35 tonight

3rd-rock-from-the-sun-o.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The good news is that if it's defeat its "Livsexit" and no European football next season so Klopp will have much more coaching and recovery time, a title bid is a must!

I don't see it as good news. Obviously the above are all advantages in terms of the league, but it certainly doesn't mean we will challenge for the title. I think having more excitement and also opportunity to use a squad is better. I love seasons where we play 60 plus games.

To play in the Europa League once is unfortunate, to play in it twice looks like carelessness. Boom or bust for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Well it was my birthday yesterday so i gave us lifting the europa league cup as my imaginary present this year..

Last one was istanbul,albeit a week late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Bring him home Jurgen
    Fernando Torres has refused to discuss his spell with Chelsea, but spoke highly of his time at Liverpool.

Torres, who was omitted from Spain’s Euro 2016 squad earlier this week, won a Champions League, a Europa League and an FA Cup trophy in four seasons at Chelsea, but struggled to replicate his previous goalscoring form.

The Spaniard left Stamford Bridge to join AC Milan on loan in 2014, before the move was made permanent in 2015. Torres then returned to hometown club Atletico Madrid on loan, where he is enjoying an Indian summer of sorts.

Torres has scored 11 goals in 30 La Liga appearances for the third-placed side, while he has helped Atletico reach the Champions League final.

When asked by ShortList magazine whether he regrets joining Chelsea in 2011, he replied: “I am so happy and playing with such confidence right now, that I am not willing to relive any bad moments at all.”

The 31-year-old spoke with more positivity about his first Premier League club, Liverpool, who he scored 81 goals for in 142 games from 2007 to 2011.

“Liverpool was a special city that took to me, I will always remember how special that place was. I obviously don’t miss the rain,” he said.

“I have been very impressed with some of the football they have been playing this season. Liverpool Football Club belongs in the Champions League, and I hope that is where they are very soon.”

Bit more on this here.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Digressing slightly from all the cup excitement

Do we think this person is a Liverpool supporting Panda Sap

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/fullscreen/image-gallery.html?propertyId=39716070&photoIndex=0

Digressing slightly from all the cup excitement

Do we think this person is a Liverpool supporting Panda Sap

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/fullscreen/image-gallery.html?propertyId=39716070&photoIndex=0

Yes, I agree - and a bloody ugly house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kolo say chill out and enjoy the day.

JS89801882.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Good article from Ken Early today.

Ken Early: Jürgen Klopp on the brink of a major achievement

Jürgen Klopp stood in the centre circle at St Jakob-Park in Basel and grinned over towards the stands, where he could hear some young kids had struck up a Liverpool chant.
    They were local kids – you don’t hear many shouts for “Eff-Tzay Leeverpool” at Anfield – but their enthusiasm reflected the global reach of Klopp’s new club.
    Not many of Liverpool’s supporters around the world would have predicted that the season would end with a European final, but Klopp insists that he always believed his players were good enough to do it.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/ken-early-j%C3%BCrgen-klopp-on-the-brink-of-a-major-achievement-1.2651212

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Bring him home Jurgen

Bit more on this here.

He's actaully the one departee I have a beef with. With Suarez and with Sterling, we knew they were going six months beforehand. With Torres he just turned around and gave 12 ****ing hours notice.

When he comes out with this "special city" - sorry, I feel like he;s just being patronising.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

For **** sake it's not even 3pm yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

gafferino wrote: »
    For **** sake it's not even 3pm yet

It is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

^^
    It is now (in a Barry Davies voice)

:pac:

• Advertisement

Its 12 minutes past now lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Nearly time to get the drinks in !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

One of the banners that will be at the game tonight.

Indeed.

CivskAZVEAAUVLx.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

SlickRic wrote: »
    One of the banners that will be at the game tonight.

Indeed.

CivskAZVEAAUVLx.jpg:large

tumblr_mczfcm3jdC1qhd0xso1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I'm feeling like I'm about to sit the leaving cert again, sxxting it!!

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I'm feeling like I'm about to sit the leaving cert again, sxxting it!!

You were sexting during the Leaving Cert?

Legend...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

1 hour and 30 minutes til beer o clock. ( subject to time moving forward)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Well it was my birthday yesterday so i gave us lifting the europa league cup as my imaginary present this year..

Last one was istanbul,albeit a week late

Your birthday is once every 11 years :ermm:

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=315184.0;attach=271404;image

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That pile of rubble behind the white beam looks like the Slayer logo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

This is going a bit far. I don't think the West Ham fans brought in Constructicons to claim their souvenirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Your birthday is once every 11 years :ermm:

yes,whats the problem :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

8 months ago some of us were laughed at for saying and wanting Klopp to manage Liverpool.

JS90252987.jpg

Yes you laughed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Time to switch off boards. Game face. Carlsberg. Kick off.

Come on you red men! YNWA

• Advertisement

For the first time ever my son is looking to stay up and watch a Liverpool game. Had to tell him I would download it tomorrow for him so he'd go to bed. If we win I will download the final, lose and I am downloading the 2nd leg of the Dortmund game.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    For the first time ever my son is looking to stay up and watch a Liverpool game. Had to tell him I would download it tomorrow for him so he'd go to bed. If we win I will download the final, lose and I am downloading the 2nd leg of the Dortmund game.

You horrible feck. Get him back down. Put a Full Kit on him and let him watch !!!

Did he scream 'I HATE YOU' before he slammed the door and stomped up the stairs?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You horrible feck. Get him back down. Put a Full Kit on him and let him watch !!!

I think he just wants to watch Klopp. Neither of my kids have any interest in football but love the slo mo Baywatch celebration video, and the one where he pops out of the bin. They probably think he's a YouTube celebrity not a football manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Ah leave him stay up. He can call in dead tomorrow, with the rest of us.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement