Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Linda in hot pink...sweet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Fingers ****ing crossed

I reckon all considered Milner has been a very good signing and he has shown over the course of his first season here he is a worthy wearer of the captain's armband in this EL final.

Playing in his own preferred position tonight too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mr. Class.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

All pretence of subtlety thrown out the window.

Great first half, slow start, gained the upper hand, slight resurgence for them then they were against the ropes for the last 10-15 minutes. Great finish for the goal, poor swinging at Lovren's header.

Don't want to jinx it but Kolo's been immense so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

What a goal though, that was a thing of beauty. I remarked to someone recently how seldom players use the outside of the boot. What a finish. Goal of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

Lessons learnt from the first half.
    That is why you don't sell sturridge, no matter what.
    That is why we need an upgrade on Moreno.
    Brendan Rodgers should get credit for his purchases finally, can, Sturridge, milner, lovren(finally) and toure.
    Milner has been brilliant recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kolo wow

Clusterf*ck of a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

We collapsed when they scored... completely and utterly collapsed. The lack of mobility in the midfield has been exploited. Can being asked to do too much. We need a new CM more than anything else this summer.

Tho tonight I won't in any way be defending Moreno. He's been shocking.

• Advertisement

Moreno, if he'd two brains he'd be twice as f*cking thick.

I think its gonna be important for us all to remember that Klopp got us to this final with Rodgers team. Just think about what he can do with his own.

But its not over yet... come on lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just how unsuitable Moreno is to a high pressure environment has been exposed tonight - playing his old club he's been even more idiotic than usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Fair play to Moreno, he's managed to wrestle the "Worst Liverpool player I've ever seen" accolade from Borini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That'll be the end of the Moreno defenders I think. They defended him better than he can defend on a football pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

So our manager's record is terrible in cup finals, one win in six or seven finals :(
    Pathetic second half

That'll be the end of the Moreno defenders I think. They defended him better than he can defend on a football pitch.

I certainly can't defend anything he did tonight thats for sure.

Jesus Danny still can't run... heartbreaking stuff this. Completely and utterly gutted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Since his very first game for Liverpool, away to City, he's been an absolute liability!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

We can feel hard done by officials all we want but we flat out bottled it tonight and had plenty of players who didn't turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Moreno.. GTFO. You horrible.......

Didn't want to win it anyway. Johnston paints trophy of Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Can has been woeful tonight as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Very disappointing night but credit to Sevilla they deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Toure you absolutely boss. Rose to the occasion. Can lallana firmino milner coutinho and oh my f#cking god moreno...words fail me. So very disappointing. I do hope not to see moreno play again for Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

So long Moreno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Moreno better not be here next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

daithijjj wrote: »
    I think Klopp is using some gargantuan levels of diplomacy with some of the players at the moment because he has no option but to do so. (He shouldnt have to shout 'PLEASE' from the sideline like he did at Villareal). We will have to wait and see who he rates because he has no options in certain areas. He has options for Ibe, if he didnt we could be saying the same thing about Ibe as some do about Moreno. I'd be astonished if he didnt get a left back in, i believe that would not be as understudy to Moreno.

Not sure he gives us that much going forward either. Aside from the Newcastle game recently he would have 1 goal and 2 assists this season in the league. Moreno is capable of some 'interesting' forays going forward but they have to yield better results to be of any use. He will never be good enough for where we want to be if he doesnt start showing intelligence in his play. The problem for us is that the better the opposition are they will pick him as a massive weak link and i hope its not in the final.

Daft cnut. Out the door with Skrtel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Also reserve a small bit of ire for Klopp. We were getting completely outrun in midfield and he didn't act. Lucas was the obvious answer.

On loan with Firmino?

• Advertisement

Our two Brazilians never turned up. Moreno was hilariously awful. As long as you didn't support Liverpool.

Kolo was great and he's probably off.

I wouldn't be too harsh on Can tonight. The job he was asked to do was immense. And in the first half he did it well. In the second they just ran the show. But Moreno takes the blame for tonight. The defending for the first was madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Cúnts.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    On loan with Firmino?

Are you saying you want Firmino gone?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Moreno strikes again. Hope that's the last we see of him.

What about Coutinho tonight though?? He was a passenger throughout, very disappointing.

Well less games next season now. It's all about the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I think its gonna be important for us all to remember that Klopp got us to this final with Rodgers team. Just think about what he can do with his own.

This.

But it takes us back a whole lot in terms of who we could have signed this summer.

Massively important game as a club and mainly destroyed by an ex Sevilla player who didn't have his head in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Some of those players went into the dressing room at half-time thinking about where they'd stick their medal or what they'd wear on the open-top bus. That 2nd half was a lesson to them because Sevilla clearly wanted it more.

Moreno was garbage, but so was Can, Coutinho and a few others in that team. No European football next season is irritating, but I remember the last time that happened pretty well...

Still, another defeat in a final just sucks. I hope to god Klopp gets a decent LB and GK this summer, but some of the other players need a serious reality check too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

At least we're a shoo-in for the league next season, with no distractions.

PS We should have signed both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Not enough leaders. Time and time again we have seen with this group of players their failure to rise to the occasion. Should of had this final won by half-time.

Fair play though to sevilla they were pure dominant 2nd half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Hopefully that's Moreno's last game for the club. Nice chap, sh!t left back.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Well that was disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Toure was brilliant. And some will probably be surprised by that as a 35 year old third choice. But what it comes down to is experience. He's been there. Milner was great too, and they were both key at times in the run to the final. They've won ****, they didn't buckle.

Coutinho, Moreno, Can and many of the rest (Lallana excepted, he battled tonight and won me over in many ways) haven't won **** all and they crumbled after that goal to start the second half.

Anyway, I stand by what I said this morning. Two Cup finals, two defeats. Learn and move on.

Yes, Moreno going alright. But its alot more than that. A shocking implosion all round. Couts anonymous. Lays bare the job the kloppmeister has ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Shocking and sickening collapse tonight.

Moreno is a total defensive liability, and I don't want to hear Pyjamarama defend his performance tonight he is woeful and should be moved on.

Apart from that, our midfield was shocking tonight, created nothing and also did not help out defence when needed.

An all round spineless performance in the second half.

Granted they were robbed of 2 penalties but still had the hame in their hands and they let it slip and did not react.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well they'll be plenty of toys thrown out of the pram and some players will get some flak they might not deserve but we can say Moreno was absolutely rank without danger of contradiction.

The set up again was two in the middle and not for the first time it got overwhelmed - people look at the formation and say 4-2-3-1. Except its not its 4-2-4 with all that implies for high-wire tactics. Given the players we're linked with I think next season it will be a proper midfield three with one sitting and two ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ardent wrote: »
    Moreno strikes again. Hope that's the last we see of him.

What about Coutinho tonight though?? He was a passenger throughout, very disappointing.

Coutinho is was he always is, erratic and inconsistent, he had a stinker but would not have surprised me if he banged one in from 35yards.

If we are hopefully binning skrtel I do hope we can keep hold of kolo for another season, immense tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That heartless sod trying to go for a selfie with Coutinho at this time! Should be fcuking knocked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Poor second half, very disappointing.
    Game passed several players by, especially coutinho who was anonymous. It's not news that Moreno, lalana are not good enough.
    Klopp is not blameless either, allowed Milner and Can to be overloaded in the middle and didn't react. Blaming referee is a cop out, weren't good enough full stop.
    But overall it's only months into the reign, learn and move on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement