Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

As bad as Moreno was, I thought the midfield was absolutely rubbish. Do any of our players know that its better to make a tackle when they are goal side of the opposition. Its like as if they intentionally let players run past before attempting a f*cking tackle. Not one player in the team can track players when opposition play one-twos, just stare at each other as the players run straight past them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Moreno trending on Twitter like a mofo. He might want to stay away for a few days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Hopefully our younger players improve from this.
    Very disapointing but overall a decent season. A real shame we are not even in the EL next season. But under Klopp with a week to prepare we can have a great season next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Toure was brilliant. And some will probably be surprised by that as a 35 year old third choice. But what it comes down to is experience. He's been there. Milner was great too, and they were both key at times in the run to the final. They've won ****, they didn't buckle.

Coutinho, Moreno, Can and many of the rest (Lallana excepted, he battled tonight and won me over in many ways) haven't won **** all and they crumbled after that goal to start the second half.

Anyway, I stand by what I said this morning. Two Cup finals, two defeats. Learn and move on.

+1

Milner and Lallana will be criticised undeservedly imo.
    They weren't the problem in the 2nd half.
    It's football, it doesn't go as we'd like it to sometimes.

A GK, CM and a new striker is what I've been saying we need for next year.

I'm not commenting on Moreno as I'm a bit p1ssed off with the chap at the mo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Were they handing around a few bottles at half time? Awful display 2nd half.......

Moreno was shocking but lets face it, you know what your getting with him, its players like Coutinho that I'm more disappointed with......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Are you saying you want Firmino gone?!?

:D

Not at all, poster I quoted was adamant he'd be gone after a few months.

Augeo pouncing all over it though. :pac: :):D :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Blame Funes Mori as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Moreno isn't good enough
    Mignolet isn't good enough
    We need more depth at striker
    A center half

Markovic might add tactical flexibility and we can probably make do at central midfield. Because we can't (nor should we attempt to) fix everything in one window.

But a lot of work to be done whatever way you skin it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

Very disappointing. Moreno, gtfo. Still though, two cup finals is a great experience for the players and when Klopp took over we'd have never dreamed we'd get this far. While I'd much prefer to be in the CL it was probably a season too early for the squad. Gutted now but the silver lining from this season, and Klopps influence has me feeling very good about next season.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    :D

Augeo pouncing all over it though. :pac: :):D :cool:

Glad you care kid.

If thanking a post is considered pouncing you must never get off some of your chums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Moreno ****ed up, obviously, but Coutinho's cover was non-existent as well. There's no point running back to be in the general vicinity of your full back. You're supposed to be in a position to do something if things go awry.

**** happens. It was disappointing how disjointed we were after a few body blows and how we couldn't put any kind of decent possession together, but it was less about what we did and more about how appallingly unlucky we were, with Sevilla given carte blance to defend with handball rules in the first half, and the pinball goal for their third that put things beyond us.

Could be some tactical things you can point to and how important Hendo is in getting us to actually play football in midfield rather than the wild stuff that's admittedly served us well in the Europa this year, and that Sturridge is a potentially huge threat, but a huge millstone at the same time because he's so useless when he's not blasting it into the net but even if you could in principle argue about the side that went out, the fitness situation meant that this was the one we had to start off with.

I don't particularly begrudge Sevilla the win themselves. They had the opportunity and took it. Don't think they deserved to be within sight at half time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Firmino I thought was playing pretty well Wouldn't have taken him off. Coutinho was poor. Moreno is just brainless & won't be 1st choice next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sick. No fight, to let the heads drop after the equaliser was disgraceful. Get that ****ing **** moreno out of Liverpool now. I'm ****ing raging

Coutinho to Barcelona? Your having a ****ing bubble. Anonymous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

There's not a single leader in our squad. Nobody to take charge on the pitch and take control of games. Every good team has a player like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm honoured to have watched that Toure defensive performance and I'll talk about it for a while. Made us proud.

I never want to see Moreno in our shirt again. His football intelligence is zero. Coutinho failed to turn up to a European final. Shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Needed to bring Lucas in after they equalised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Moreno's comments before the game should have been warning enough not to start him (all this sh1te about not celebrating against his old team). Honestly, I've had enough of him. It's mistake after mistake after mistake - he's had two seasons under his belt now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Must be Coutinho's quietest ever game for Liverpool. Can't even remember him touching the ball.

Can I think ran out of gas a little as the game went on. Not long back from injury and was getting overrun at that point.

Moreno is just awful and has the brain of a goldfish.

rob316 wrote: »
    Sick. No fight, to let the heads drop after the equaliser was disgraceful. Get that ****ing **** moreno out of Liverpool now. I'm ****ing raging

YNWA m8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Sickened by that, ref can be questioned but the team only have themselves to blame. As soon as it went to 1-1 they gave up. Toure the only player that can be happy with their performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Moreno is a fcuking liability, he wandered around like a lost sheep for most of that, Klopp should not have played him, I think the pressure of playing against his old team caused him to be a bag of nerves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

At least we're a shoo-in for the league next season, with no distractions.

PS We should have signed both.

Chelsea have no Europe either next year and I can see them giving Conte a war chest for transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Some back heal though, should we just play him as a winger from now on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

magma69 wrote: »
    There's not a single leader in our squad. Nobody to take charge on the pitch and take control of games. Every good team has a player like that.

This is what annoys me the most. Kolo is the closest thing to a leader in that squad and now he's gone.

Milner is not a leader and tbh I think he's a complete waste of space in that midfield. We badly need a midfield general like Krychowiak was tonight for Sevilla.

Hopefully Matip can be the man to lead a defense but I know very little about his time at Schalke, other than he's a decent defender.

No Europe next season.......for a lot of people here thats a good thing but you can not prepare a squad for the experience of big European nights. Tonight proved it IMO, a more european experienced squad would have seen that game out, and a more experienced european team overturned it..........

Silver lining is less games, more recovery time, we absolutely need to take full advantage of it but I for one am disappointed on the lack of Europe next season......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

Fieldog wrote: »
    Moreno is a fcuking liability, he wandered around like a lost sheep for most of that, Klopp should not have played him, I think the pressure of playing against his old team caused him to be a bag of nerves

He wanders around like a lost sheep in every game he plays. Don't think playing his old team made a difference.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Probably the worst second half I've seen from this team in a while.

Moreno needs to leave this summer, he simply isn't good enough. But the whole team failed tonight with him

Looking forward to the summer, hope some changes are made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Chelsea have no Europe either next year and I can see them giving Conte a war chest for transfers.

Can't see a mid table team like that ever winning the Premier League. Unheard of.

• Advertisement

He was fine in the first half, head went after the equaliser......lets be honest and fair here though, who should have started over him?

This loss was huge imo. It was a golden ticket to taking the club to the next level. We're not making top 4 next season the way things are looking. Grim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I thought Milner disappeared for the second half myself when the team needed a capital he was nowhere to be seen.

He had a very good first half though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

This loss was huge imo. It was a golden ticket to taking the club to the next level. We're not making top 4 next season the way things are looking. Grim.

You never know. I'm confident enough in Klopp that we will be substantially better in the league next season. Whether it's good enough we'll find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Jesus give them a chance.

His first full season next year.

You're attitude is pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

35 year old Kolo was the only leader on that pitch.

The biggest signing in the summer needs to be a leader and a captain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Yakult wrote: »
    Moreno needs to leave this summer, he simply isn't good enough. But the whole team failed tonight with him

Yeah but Moreno was the catalyst for the collapse. The belief simply drained out of the team after that equaliser. How could you have any confidence with that f*cking clown at LB?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Moreno is a serious liability. Offers nothing in defence and very little going forward. Problem is, there is no competition for his spot. Toure was immense tonight covering for him, even in the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Very disappointing night but credit to Sevilla they deserve it.

A remarkable achievement, one that will go down in the history books to state the bleeding obvious! Tip of the hat though.

I don't know, to dominate that last half hour of the first half and then get beaten of the pitch in the second. The first goal, that happens, we are used to those the last few seasons, Can and Milner just got outclassed in the middle, they've been a big reason why we got to the final but their deficiencies got shown up tonight.

Coutinho and Lallana poor enough, Firmino was decent and a threat, I wouldn't have subbed him.

Still, onwards and upwards, I'll miss the Europa nights but if it means a real go at the league and cups, sobeit.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

What absolutely typifies Moreno for me wasn't so much the pathetic attempt to tackle for the first goal they scored or his general fecklessness - with about 5 minutes left and us desperately needing possession, a long diagonal ball was played to his man and he - right in front of the assistant - shoves him in the back, making no attempt to play the ball whatsoever. That, more than any other incident, really fucked me off tonight.
    Not an ounce of intelligence as a footballer and - amazingly - getting dumber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

jpboard1 wrote: »
    Moreno is a serious liability. Offers nothing in defence and very little going forward. Problem is, there is no competition for his spot.

His position and a new goalkeeper are the two main priorities for me

• Advertisement

Yea, the players should just give up and not bother coming back for preseason, Klopp too.........

Seriously though, things haven't looked this good in years, 3 more wins in the league and we'd be top 4. 45 minutes away from a European trophy......plenty for Klopp to work with and with a few additions we'll be fine.......dont get the gloom and doom at all.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Feel sorry for the lads who showed up,must be gutting to see all your hard work undone in 17 secs by a fool of a team mate,disgusted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Moreno's comments before the game should have been warning enough not to start him (all this sh1te about not celebrating against his old team). Honestly, I've had enough of him. It's mistake after mistake after mistake - he's had two seasons under his belt now.

If you recorded the match, watch the break at half time when pool come back on pitch. he runs 50 yards to give a Sevilla sub a hug. Keep your ****ing mind on the game you useless ****er.

I;m sorry, I know others had quiet games but we were in control of the match. onus was on Sevilla and I'm sure Klopp told them to keep it tight and try to nick another one. That clown then does that, all heads drop.

JustTheOne wrote: »

Why? Because I'm not being unrealistically optimistic. The odds are stacked against us, even with a good manager. Sorry if that upsets you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

JustTheOne wrote: »

No it's not. He's spot on, tonight was huge.

Win a trophy, get Cl for next season. Now we have the 'delights' of trying to get Top 4. Whoop de fcuking doo!

This team is a mile off challenging for a league title. There is so many new faces needed it is hard to see them all settling quick enough to do it next season. 4 yeas without a trophy now, and only the 2 cups are realistic targets next season.

As for the match, terrible 2nd half. I wouldn't give Moreno a game on Enriques PlayStation and Klopp can't be absolved of blame. Origi should have been on before their 2nd, the goal was coming for ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

He has been like that for 95% of the time he has been with us, had nothing to do with his old team imho when you do it almost every game.

Its nice that fans defend their players when moany fkers like myself chirp up but you cant defend players who cant 'defend' themselves. Attacking full back is an art, knowing when to go but getting your primary job done first. That lad is awol most of the time he is on the pitch, and other players, the setup etc have been under too much strain knowing that they have to play alongside someone who has no, and i mean 'no' game intelligence.

We instantly improved when Skrtel didnt play and we need to root out him too. It doesnt take much to be solid, it doesnt take money either. A Steve Finnan at LB (for example) would transform us from having to watch that dope week in week out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Why? Because I'm not being unrealistically optimistic. The odds are stacked against us, even with a good manager. Sorry if that upsets you.

How?
    Yous just beat dortmund united and villareal on the way.

Final of the carling cup.

Thrashed city. Good results against the top 4.

How can you be so pessimistic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Don't think we can have any complaints lads, we just weren't good enough bar a 5/10 minute flourish at the end of the first half.

It's embarrassing that the defence made the exact same mistake, ****ing identical, to the mistake made in the first leg of the Dortmund game. Conceding like that after 20 seconds is a disgrace, plain and simple. And the heads dropped after that.

All I asked for before this game was that the lads gave it their all, but too many of them were anonymous. Don't think I even seen Coutinho on the ball in the first half.

Just a really poor and really disappointing effort. I can't understand it, really can't.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Ardent wrote: »
    Yeah but Moreno was the catalyst for the collapse. The belief simply drained out of the team after that equaliser. How could you have any confidence with that f*cking clown at LB?

oh I agree, but doesn't say much for the rest of the players, they are weak mentally. The collapse was Moreno, definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Feel sorry for Toure. Definitely our man of the match. He must get sick of covering for Moreno all the time. He even showed more going forward.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement