Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

NukaCola wrote: »
    He was fine in the first half, head went after the equaliser......lets be honest and fair here though, who should have started over him?

That's the problem; we have f*ck all depth in that position. Moreno is a decent 2nd choice at LB.

Jonas Hector would be a good addition, but Ricardo Rodriguez would be the signing of the summer if we got him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

magma69 wrote: »
    Why? Because I'm not being unrealistically optimistic. The odds are stacked against us, even with a good manager. Sorry if that upsets you.

He got us to two Cup finals - both against superior opposition - with another man's team. We will have substantially fewer games next season and he will have recruited the players he wants playing for us.
    With Klopp, I'd say the odds are stacked in our favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

ricero wrote: »
    His position and a new goalkeeper are the two main priorities for me

And a cb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Unlucky lads.

Only one thing for it.

t5umxK8Tca76.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

That's the problem; we have f*ck all depth in that position. Moreno is a decent 2nd choice at LB.

Jonas Hector would be a good addition, but Ricardo Rodriguez would be the signing of the summer if we got him.

We will have a new LB next season I have no doubt about it.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Ardent wrote: »
    Yeah but Moreno was the catalyst for the collapse. The belief simply drained out of the team after that equaliser. How could you have any confidence with that f*cking clown at LB?

Not buying it, we've come back from many a stupid goal conceded before.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

cjmc wrote: »
    His position and a new goalkeeper are the two main priorities for me

And a cb
    Not if Sakho is cleared

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

I ****ing love Klopp what an interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

ASOT wrote: »
    I ****ing love Klopp what an interview.

what did he say ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

2007 champions league runners up
    2009 premier league runners up
    2012 fa cup runners up
    2014 premier league runners up
    2016 league cup runners up
    2016 Europa league runners up

Liverpool perennial bridesmaids it looks like at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

careca wrote: »
    If you recorded the match, watch the break at half time when pool come back on pitch. he runs 50 yards to give a Sevilla sub a hug. Keep your ****ing mind on the game you useless ****er.
    Didn't see that, am even more annoyed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Why? Because I'm not being unrealistically optimistic. The odds are stacked against us, even with a good manager. Sorry if that upsets you.

Leicester just won the league.

On that basis thinking there is no earthly way possible that Liverpool can get into the top 4 with no European football to distract them would be a tad presumptuous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

What happened second half, zero tactics other than kick it long.

Seriously dispirited after that, I hadn't even contemplated losing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Might be worth taking a break from boards for a while. You might get an infection from all the ****e that gets spread around here.

Don't really know how to sum up tonight. But im really looking forward to next year. Be interested to see what Klopp does with his own players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Anyone fancy a spot of intrigue? Piotr Zieliński has been photographed in the No 10 shirt, there's a line of thought that says Coutinho really should play as a No 8 which is where Zieliński plays, if Gotze arrives he is a No 10 so could Coutinho be off to Barcelona?

Just thought I'd bump this. Complete no show tonight and not just because of TV3 sorry excuse of picture quality. It's not the first time he has played with his invisibility cloak jammed on but we tend to forget when he scores a worldie and seems in a grove but it's not a constant one. He lacks "stickability" and I wonder if Klopp might seek to cash in for someone like Gotze (if he is interested which he may not be as of about 9.35 pm).

• Advertisement

naughtb4 wrote: »
    What happened second half, zero tactics other than kick it long.

Seriously dispirited after that, I hadn't even contemplated losing

I wish i had your confidence. I had a dreaded feeling all day that we would lose :( i just have no faith with this group of players, they have let me down time and time again

Their second goal was well taken in fairness, Clyne was as close as possible, even got a nudge in.....the third goal was as unlucky as they get, the ball deflecting to the only Sevilla player in the box....

Sometimes its not your night.....we got mauled in the second half.....some players were poor some weren't but our inexperience against a seasoned European team cost us.....and for those happy we aren't in Europe next season to "concentrate" on the league, experience like that for a squad is irreplaceable......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

rossie1977 wrote: »
    2012 fa cup runners up

How convenient that trophies only started to count from 2007 onwards.

Even more convenient that they took a break from counting in early 2012.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

JustTheOne wrote: »
    How?
    Yous just beat dortmund united and villareal on the way.

Final of the carling cup.

Thrashed city. Good results against the top 4.

How can you be so pessimistic?

Getting top 4 next season will almost definitely be way harder than this season. Chelsea had a total anomaly of a season. City were poor compared to previous seasons. If United ditch LVG they will almost certainly be better next season. Spurs, West Ham and Leicester have seriously improved. I just can't see us being able to compete for top 4 over a season. Hope I'm wrong by I see Liverpool staying a Europa League level team for the foreseeable future.

We can win the domestic cups because on our day we can be good but we don't have the ability to be consistent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think there's not an issue of quality per se but of the kinds of players for the system.

We play in a way that makes everyone rely on one another.
    Lallana isn't great taken on his own, but he's done a lot of work to raise the game of everyone else around him.

As far as possession goes, in Firmino, Sturridge and Milner you have 3 players who can produce moments of quality that win us games. In the moment to moment however, they're mostly appalling.

Milner also provides utilty out of possession, so that's grand, but you're still talking about playing with a team of 7 outfield players with 3 chatoic lads who flitter in and out.

It has failed us a lot this season.

Even if Origi and Hendo didn't have the output of, for example, Sturridge and Firmino, I think we'd have been a far better, more balanced team with those two in there.

Alternatively, if we had more quality we'd be better able to carry those kinds of intermittently useful players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

UEFA rule number 1 - English team in the final? Let's fuck 'em over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Leicester just won the league.

On that basis thinking there is no earthly way possible that Liverpool can get into the top 4 with no European football to distract them would be a tad presumptuous.

Well it's not impossible, I just can't see it happening. There are anomalies in football, but they are the exception rather than the rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

How?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Seriously, stop giving the "neutrals" ammunition. None of us with any bit of sense are thinking this.

Not targeting this at you btw, goes for everyone. We were well beaten by a better side on the night, it hurts but the club isn't dead like Villa or Leeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Getting top 4 next season will almost definitely be way harder than this season. Chelsea had a total anomaly of a season. City were poor compared to previous seasons. If United ditch LVG they will almost certainly be better next season. Spurs, West Ham and Leicester have seriously improved. I just can't see us being able to compete for top 4 over a season. Hope I'm wrong by I see Liverpool staying a Europa League level team for the foreseeable future.

We can win the domestic cups because on our day we can be good but we don't have the ability to be consistent.

Chelsea had an anomaly this season but will get a new Manager who may or may not work out. They have a Stage Door Johnny owner who buys players and interferes with the team and in Michael Emenalo, a Director of Football who makes Comolli look competent.

Leicester could be a one season wonder and may struggle next season. West Ham ditto.

Utd may well keep Van Gaal.

Spurs are a contender. I agree with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

That second half performance was not deserving of a win regardless of the refereeing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

For me, ignoring everything that has happened on the pitch this season, we now have Jurgen Klopp as our manage! That alone has me buzzed about the future. Next 12 months will be amazing as a Liverpool fan. I now genuinely believe that next year is our year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

That second half was I'd say the equivalent of being Maced in the eyeballs for 50 mins.

Stings!

Gbear wrote: »
    I think there's not an issue of quality per se but of the kinds of players for the system.

We play in a way that makes everyone rely on one another.
    Lallana isn't great taken on his own, but he's done a lot of work to raise the game of everyone else around him.

As far as possession goes, in Firmino, Sturridge and Milner you have 3 players who can produce moments of quality that win us games. In the moment to moment however, they're mostly appalling.

Milner also provides utilty out of possession, so that's grand, but you're still talking about playing with a team of 7 outfield players with 3 chatoic lads who flitter in and out.

It has failed us a lot this season.

Even if Origi and Hendo didn't have the output of, for example, Sturridge and Firmino, I think we'd have been a far better, more balanced team with those two in there.

Alternatively, if we had more quality we'd be better able to carry those kinds of intermittently useful players.

We're crying out for an Alonso type figure. Someone who values possession and sees the right pass. I imagine this will be a priority this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

How many minutes was ball in play in second half. Very little, they broke it up with delay tactics and substitutions ,worst half of football I've seen. I don't blame us , I blame the fact they spoiled it once ahead. But they won it doing that so their mission was accomplished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Match thread is as you might imagine, a complete car crash now.

How many minutes was ball in play in second half. Very little, they broke it up with delay tactics and substitutions ,worst half of football I've seen. I don't blame us , I blame the fact they spoiled it once ahead. But they won it doing that so their mission was accomplished.

They managed the game perfectly in the 2nd half. Fair play to them. Winning breeds this kind of calm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

rossie1977 wrote: »
    2012 fa cup runners up

Noticed you haven't posted in here for a while...were you just waiting for something particularly shyte like losing a cup final to happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

No point reading the match thread I suppose, I notice match threads seem to be taking a back step to actual match discussion in superthreads these days. You don't get many posts during the actual team matches on this thread, whereas others are very busy.

We're old skool like that.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

We deserved nothing more than what we got. We should have gotten a second before half time which would have killed them. Never came out after ht, Moreno just confirmed how poor a defender he really is. Coutinho went missing, same for Firmino, we never got a grip in midfield. Anyone giving out about referees etc would want to grow up, the ref was grand. We lost the match, he didn't do it for us.

Match thread is as you might imagine, a complete car crash now.

Funny how its allowed to stay open......I wonder how long it would have stayed open if a different English team were beaten in a final.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Absolutely gutting to see the team collapse like that.

Feels like this season will be remembered as the one where everyone bottled it except Leicester.

I work surrounded by Man U and Arsenal fans so my life will be unbearable now. I've never been one to get on Moreno for his mistakes but as of tonight I'm done with him. The guy doesn't have two brain cells to rub together.

In saying all that, it must be great to be someone who hates Liverpool. We never ever ever ever stop giving them moments to enjoy.

brb slashing my wrists

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We should of had 2 penalties, and the Lovern goal was fine to me. Sturridge was off side but not in goal keepers line of sight. Ball was in net before keeper or Sturridge could react.
    Should have been game over at half time.

We deserved nothing more than what we got. We should have gotten a second before half time which would have killed them. Never came out after ht, Moreno just confirmed how poor a defender he really is. Coutinho went missing, same for Firmino, we never got a grip in midfield. Anyone giving out about referees etc would want to grow up, the ref was grand. We lost the match, he didn't do it for us.

:eek:

I am sorry sevilla did play us off the park in the second half and deserved it but those two penalty decisions in the first half were shocking. To make it worse the linesman and official behind the net had a clear view of both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Ya Seriously it was UEFA who beat us not the crap our players played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

NukaCola wrote: »
    Funny how its allowed to stay open......I wonder how long it would have stayed open if a different English team were beaten in a final.....

Think it was less than 24 hours when we knocked them out.

League games got a lot longer.

Gbear wrote: »

Sturridge and Firmino described as intermittently useful sort of ignores their goal threat and return.

You won't see hendo man marked.

Sturridge and Firmino score goals and their presence makes space for others, we need better others to get the most from them.

Not more water carriers, IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

A midfielder that plays like Krychowiak, Mascherano or Kante has this year could transform this team. Someone who just knows where the ball is going rather than someone that just follows the ball. Can, Henderson, Milner, Allen, all very similar type midfielders and that's one of the biggest flaws in the squad, even with everyone fit it is still unbalanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Said it before on here but klopp is very slow to make changes when the game is going against us. He waited about 15-20ins to bring on origi ..despite us being over run in midfield!! We badly needed an extra body im the middle to stem the tide. Tonight was nearly an exact replica of the Southampton game, we conceded early then fell apart. Very poor and very very disappointing.

Thats that for a while......looking forward to what Klopp can do with this team.....plenty to be happy with despite the way our season went......dont get the doom and gloom at all but I suppose people are upset after the game....

• Advertisement

We should of had 2 penalties, and the Lovern goal was fine to me. Sturridge was off side but not in goal keepers line of sight. Ball was in net before keeper or Sturridge could react.
    Should have been game over at half time.

The law states that once he makes a move towards the ball - which he did - he's offside. 100% correct call. Thought the ref was pretty excellent tonight actually.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ive wanted Krychowiak for years now. I suspect he will join City in the summer though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

:eek:

I am sorry sevilla did play us off the park in the second half and deserved it but those two penalty decisions in the first half were shocking. To make it worse the linesman and official behind the net had a clear view of both

Don't recall a bad decision in the game. Far fetched handball shouts yes but absolutely no stonewall penalty shouts. Grasping at straws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Tonight was a massive opportunity lost.

We are miles behind top four and obviously with all the money in the summer we need to close a huge gap.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement