Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭mormank

Firmino tracks back chases down balls after loses he it or misplaces a pass Sturridge stands and sulks or looks to blame someone else most of the time instead of working for the rest of his team mates.

True but Firminho loses it sooooo much more often than Sturridge so if he didn't track back after losing it he would be dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

mormank wrote: »
    True but Firminho loses it sooooo much more often than Sturridge so if he didn't track back after losing it he would be dropped.

And if Origi was fit Sturridge would more than likely be dropped as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

As disappointing as the result was I thought Allen and Stewart did very well today, as did Milner and Lallana......we fell apart in the second half but the first half was an almost perfect performance, maybe lacked an extra goal that our play deserved.......I can see us as a team getting better and more consistent, but there is a weakness there, and it might sound harsh, but replacing our GK will fix a lot of it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

NukaCola wrote: »
    As disappointing as the result was I thought Allen and Stewart did very well today, as did Milner and Lallana......we fell apart in the second half but the first half was an almost perfect performance, maybe lacked an extra goal that our play deserved.......I can see us as a team getting better and more consistent, but there is a weakness there, and it might sound harsh, but replacing our GK will fix a lot of it....

It isn't remotely harsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Surely they'd check both samples before coming out with allegations?
    It's only an allegation until the results of the blood tests are available. After that it's fact.

The B sample (as I understand it) is a control sample which the athlete can request be tested to ensure there wasn't a problem with contamination etc with the A sample. The protocols followed by the testing authorities these days mean there is a very very slim chance (excuse the pun :p) that testing the B sample will exonerate Sakho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Gutted about Sahko. Should be effed out of the UEFA Cup if found guilty. Irrespective of the club not being involved, the tie was still won with a player using a banned substance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Ok, the Mr Glass joke stops now. It's irritating posters, call players by their names.

Everyone in general and Augeo, Turtyturd in particular: be civil to each other or face cards and bans. Stop sniping and bitching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Gutted about Sahko. Should be effed out of the UEFA Cup if found guilty. Irrespective of the club not being involved, the tie was still won with a player using a banned substance.

Wut? Do you beat yourself up for fun?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

So was every other tie in Europe this season more than likely.

On your second point. Why terminate ? Seems a very 'end of' scenario.

If you don't terminate his contract for Gross Misconduct or whatever clause taking banned substances breaches then the club has to keep paying his wages even though he'll be banned from playing for a very long time if not the rest of his remaining contract period should it turn out to be premeditated abuse using Human Growth Hormone or similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Good to see calm heads prevail on the Sakho thing now that a bit of time has passed. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Players will make mistakes every game and Sturridge, Moreno and Kolo all made mistakes this game which lead to goals. Only one person on the pitch however made a mistake that you wouldn't see in conference football (hyperbole but the point stands). Mignolet is a calamity and he needs to go. I don't actually need him to leave the club but he can't be the starter this year. Once we conceded today we were terrified. No confidence in the back 4 at all and it stems from the guy behind them.

Look at DDG in that semi today. Unreal performance as usual, now we don't need someone that good but Mig is in the bottom 10 keepers in the prem not the top.

Why just the UEFA cup? If you follow your logic we should be effed out of every competition Sakho played in since the failed blood test on March 17.

If he was participating in a solo sport like running or tennis your logic would hold some water but to punish an entire club and squad of 25 players because one does something wrong isn't AFAIK how UEFA dish out punishment.

Wut? Do you beat yourself up for fun?

No, but I'd feel the same if it was another club so shouldn't be different for Liverpool. If Sahko was taking a banned substance,then it wasn't a level playing field in any game he participated in.
    So was every other tie in Europe this season more than likely.

You're probably right, but I'm referring only to players Found guilty

dfx- wrote: »
    .. the Mr Glass joke stops now. .........

240x360px-LL-4f86d8b3_Your_logic_is_flawless_I_tip_my_hat_to_you_sir_RE_6DIG6_Question_of_The_Week_5-s240x360-138603.jpeg

Why just the UEFA cup? If you follow your logic we should be effed out of every competition Sakho played in since the failed blood test on March 17.

If he was participating in a solo sport like running or tennis your logic would hold some water but to punish an entire club and squad of 25 players because one does something wrong isn't AFAIK how UEFA dish out punishment.

I see your point, and obviously the question is where do you stop. Personally I wouldn't be against a rule that saw all a clubs results nullified for any game the player participated in that season.

Regarding a whole club being punished for the actions of one, it's probably fairer than the opposition being punished for the error of one, which is essentially what has happened, as opponents have faced a player, possibly improved, through the use of a banned substances.

Liverpool failed to put out a side in certain ties that were within the laws of the competition. There should be repercussions IMO

Edit: to clarify, I realise that's not the rule, and hence that's not what should happen in this instance, however I believe that's what the rule should be

I see your point, and obviously the question is where do you stop. Personally I wouldn't be against a rule that saw all a clubs results nullified for any game the player participated in that season.

Regarding a whole club being punished for the actions of one, it's probably fairer than the opposition being punished for the error of one, which is essentially what has happened, as opponents have faced a player, possibly improved, through the use of a banned substances.

Liverpool failed to put out a side in certain ties that were within the laws of the competition. There should be repercussions IMO

Edit: to clarify, I realise that's not the rule, and hence that's not what should happen in this instance, however I believe that's what the rule should be

If a club facilitated or even had knowledge of the fact a player was taking banned substances then IMO the club should be relegated at least one division, dumped out of any cup competitions they are in, all employees and management involved sacked and a new Board of Directors including CEO appointed i.e. a total clear out of those who permitted a medically dangerous cheating culture to emerge and embed itself.

I would be astounded however if this was anything other than one bloke either making an "honest" i.e. stupid/lazy mistake or at worst going on a personal solo run and taking a banned substance to improve his performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Liverpool unknowingly failed to put out a side in certain ties that were within the laws of the competition. There should be repercussions IMO

The bit in bold there is key.

So everyone associated with the club should be punushed...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The bit in bold there is key.

So everyone associated with the club should be punushed...?

If the club were complicit in it then absolutely, but there is no indication that this is the case at all, so not sure why liamo is getting carried away.

• Advertisement

It's an awful reflection on Sakho, he's working for a PL club with a full fitness team & presumably dieticians etc etc.

For any player not to consult with the club before taking supplements etc is totally daft. To take something marketed to be a "fat burner" is severely misguided and completely unprofessional.

I think he's not that glum so I fear there's more bad news to come out, I have no doubt the club are 100% uninvolved but I struggle to believe the poor ole gnomey Sakho didn't realise you shouldn't be taking this story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Firmino tracks back chases down balls after loses he it or misplaces a pass Sturridge stands and sulks or looksto blame someone else most of the time instead of working for the rest of his team mates.

How do you see this when most players are not on screen when off the ball?

The hatred for Sturridge is ridiculous on this tread.

He is a goalscorer who has done very well since coming back from a run of injuries and he is not a defender. You can never blame a striker for opponents scoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I've only seen the first goal from just before Moreno fails to control it but it took his miscontrol, Toure turning his back (WTF, like, are footballers not paid enough to stand a little pain?) and Mignolet totally missing the flight of the ball for us to concede.

Disappointing goal to concede when we had ample opportunity to prevent it.

At this stage, I will be delighted if the only business Klopp does this summer is bringing in a keeper. That's 4 draws from winning positions that Mignolet has cost us points from this season. That's enough to shoot us up the table with a competent keeper.

Get it done, Jurgen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭mormank

And if Origi was fit Sturridge would more than likely be dropped as well.

Yup. Very true. Isn't it great to have options, pity we have just lost 4 influential first teamers in the past week or so. Others will have to step up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

More bad news:

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/723948011236265984

This is becoming quite a horrible week.

Can out, Origi out, Sakho suspended/banned, Kolo leaving in the summer.

For Thurs I expect Lucas will play infront of Lovren & Toure, Škrtel is quite simply a must not start but I don't think Lovren & Toure are up to the last 4 of the EL without a dedicated DM in front of them.

Clyne & Moreno are 99% sure to start barring something unexpected happening between now and than. Sakho is a big loss no doubt not only defensively but he does tend to start lots of our attacks too, that will be missed.

Milner will presumably start in CM with license to attack on the right flank, the last 4 starters should be Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana & Sturridge. I'd nearly go with Sturridge out wide and Firmino central.

I don't think we should go there in any other mood than to win, our strength is attack :)

I'd have slim hope of us keeping a clean sheet tbh.

• Advertisement

Umaro wrote: »
    ......, Kolo leaving in the summer.

Hopefully Škrtel goes too.

Kolo leaving isn't good but we should really be able to replace him as a aquad player without too much difficulty.

He's not at all bad but we have to be improving to be fair.

He might well fancy playing more games than he got this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Matip, Lovren, Gomez and (Sakho?) next season as CB's I think we will be looking for one more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Kolo leaving as soon as the sh!t hits the fan?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Another 4 for Suarez tonight, that's 8 goals in 2 games for him. Not bad.

:(

Matip, Lovren, Gomez and (Sakho?) next season as CB's I think we will be looking for one more.

Indeed, we're looking quite thin at the back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Kolo leaving as soon as the sh!t hits the fan?

Kolo threw **** at a fan? Bloody hell this is worse than Sakho being a crack addict. What a rubbish day.

Undoubtedly.

I would be fairly sure that Matip is in Klopp's first team plans anyway and that puts either Lovren or Sakho on the bench, the Sakho situation will quite likely necessitate the "one more" may well need to be first team material rather than Škrtel/Toure squad player.

Although Gomez looked potentially very good.

mosstin wrote: »
    Indeed, we're looking quite thin at the back.

That'll be the fat burners.

Is Matip actually any good? I think all I've seen of him is the bad mistake he made about a week after we announced we'd signed him.

That'll be the fat burners.

Gah, that was the joke.

Is Matip actually any good? ....

I have no idea, don't watch any German football, but he was wanted by Klopp and I doubt he's coming not to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Disappointed with the result today. Liverpool dominated the first half. More soft goals conceded. It has been a problem for so long now and I really hope that its a priority for next season.

On the other hand I'm delighted that the incessant use of 'Mr Glass' has been put to bed. No matter how often it's said, it wasn't funny and was a continuation of 'the Rodgers' which was equally unfunny and tired.

I enjoy reading these threads and there is some great insight and opinions but the above just detracts from it all. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Gah, that was the joke.

:( I was afraid it might be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Gah, that was the joke.

Sometimes you have to sacrifice cleverness for overtness to reel in the thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The Sakho debacle really affected the team today. Key players unavailable and poor result.

From the glory VS Dortmund and Everton, things havent half gone arseways.

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    The Sakho debacle really affected the team today. Key players unavailable and poor result.

From the glory VS Dortmund and Everton, things havent half gone arseways.

Well, these events have proven that you have to support your club through thick and THIN.

Overt enough that one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Well, these events have proven that you have to support your club through thick and THIN.

Overt enough that one?

Still not quite getting it, can you put up a diagram to really hammer your point home?

Overt enough that one?

Trying to work out what I can do with this one to steal your thanks...give me a minute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

To lighten the mood a little. I was just catching up on the days posting on my phone when I encountered a somewhat amusing ad placement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Pyjamarama wrote: »

Look at DDG in that semi today. Unreal performance as usual, now we don't need someone that good but Mig is in the bottom 10 keepers in the prem not the top.

100%

Just look at a team like Stoke without Butland conceding 12 in the last 3 games and even Newcastle without Krul who was definitely papering over some cracks last 2 seasons.

I have no doubt that we'll have a new Goalkeeper for the start of the new season along with Matip, Grujic, a new striker and another centre half at least. But Klopp will definitely get in a keeper as this cannot continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

martyos121 wrote: »
    Still not quite getting it, can you put up a diagram to really hammer your point home?

As long as it's not a pie chart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Thread makes for strange reading. Fat burners are a known masking agent. He's probably on performing enhancing drugs - just like a decent percentage of professional athletes. He got caught, there'll be confirmations and then a ban. And then he'll return to play for us.

What's deeply unfortunate is the loss of momentum when you consider this in tandem with Oirigi's injury and the unfortunate second half today. That's life though. We'll need to persevere through adversity against Villareal.

The mix of naivety and self flaggeletion on show this evening is bizarre being frank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Sometimes you have to sacrifice cleverness for overtness to reel in the thanks.

Yep, the softly softly approach doesn't work. You need to hammer it home with a tactical nuclear strike of a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Thread makes for strange reading. Fat burners are a known masking agent. He's probably on performing enhancing drugs - just like a decent percentage of professional athletes. He got caught, there'll be confirmations and then a ban. And then he'll return to play for us.

What's deeply unfortunate is the loss of momentum when you consider this in tandem with Oirigi's injury and the unfortunate second half today. That's life though. We'll need to persevere through adversity against Villareal.

The mix of naivety and self flaggeletion on show this evening is bizarre being frank.
    Most football fans don't have a great knowledge of ped's though as football has not been as exposed by doping scandal's as other sports.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

MD1990 wrote: »
    Most football fans don't have a great knowledge of ped's though as football has not been as exposed by doping scandal's as other sports.

Yet!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement