Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Said it before on here but klopp is very slow to make changes when the game is going against us. He waited about 15-20ins to bring on origi ..despite us being over run in midfield!! We badly needed an extra body im the middle to stem the tide. Tonight was nearly an exact replica of the Southampton game, we conceded early then fell apart. Very poor and very very disappointing.

Definitely an opinion I'd share tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Said it before on here but klopp is very slow to make changes when the game is going against us. He waited about 15-20ins to bring on origi ..despite us being over run in midfield!! We badly needed an extra body im the middle to stem the tide. Tonight was nearly an exact replica of the Southampton game, we conceded early then fell apart. Very poor and very very disappointing.

We've scored a lot of goals from subs, but yeah, waiting for half the second half was too slow, plus then taking Firmino off was wrong imo.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Don't recall a bad decision in the game. Far fetched handball shouts yes but absolutely no stonewall penalty shouts. Grasping at straws.

The Firmino one could have been a penalty for the handball and the foul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

said it earlier. 4-2-4 is like balancing on a wire. Either you get across to wild applause or you die.

I think the recruits/links suggest he'll play a 1/2 midfield next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Turtyturd wrote: »
    The Firmino one could have been a penalty for the handball and the foul.

All the focus was on the handball part but I actually thought he fouled him after. Nobody seemed to mention that he stuck his leg out and tripped him up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Don't recall a bad decision in the game. Far fetched handball shouts yes but absolutely no stonewall penalty shouts. Grasping at straws.

Stevie-Wonder.jpg

ricero wrote: »
    Stevie-Wonder.jpg

I don't see what our left back has got to do with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

The jonas hector talk died down and the Ben chillwill (another young lad playing for Huddersfield on loan from Leicester) picked up. Perhaps tonight's game may have changed that. Ricardo Rodriguez is not an option if day for the price he will fetch and the clubs interested in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

ricero wrote: »
    Stevie-Wonder.jpg

I'll raise you these.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mignolet and moreno can't be first choice next season.

• Advertisement

I've seen the Firmino type ones given before, but I've also said they're harsh so...

Good presser from Klopp, took responsibility himself as well and positive too. He's only here 8 months and I'm sure he'll use it to spur them on.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Its been a hard season.

Losing to Man city in the league cup final and now this.

Being a Liverpool fan is tough.

The only half positive is that there wont be as many matches to play but there will be pressure on Klopp to start the season well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I agree , lucas / allen should have been on earlier to shore up midfield , after theyed scored win midfield and get back to playig 'your'game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

K-9 wrote: »
    Good presser from Klopp, took responsibility himself as well and positive too. He's only here 8 months and I'm sure he'll use it to spur them on.

The last minutes of that interview had a 'f*ck yeah, let's do this' feel. If anything, our league form has to improve anyway so next season is the best way to start.

I'm optimistic.....as long as Mig and Moreno sit on the bench next season.

said it earlier. 4-2-4 is like balancing on a wire. Either you get across to wild applause or you die.

I think the recruits/links suggest he'll play a 1/2 midfield next season

What do you mean by 1/2 midfield?

It's way too early to be thinking how he wants to play next season from transfer speculation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

ASOT wrote: »

What did this say? He's deleted it since it seems.

We should of had 2 penalties, and the Lovern goal was fine to me. Sturridge was off side but not in goal keepers line of sight. Ball was in net before keeper or Sturridge could react.
    Should have been game over at half time.

Might have gotten away with it if Sturridge didn't throw his leg at it so actively. Even if it was a split second after the ball had gone past, I think just the flurry of motion from him made it a much easier decision for the lino.

Really just gutted with that game. So many players underperforming.

Oddly two of the key players for us were the ones taken off...they'd both run a lot so i could somewhat understand it, but with them not being replaced by similar players we ended up so narrow in their half. There was just nowhere to pass the ball along the ground, instead we just hoofed it high to the three strikers.

In the first half a lot of our better play came from Firmino or Lallana pulling wide into space and getting on the ball, then playing with the fullbacks and using the whole field. Coutinho really let himself down unfortunately...didn't even get the odd crack at goal we usually get from his poorer performances.

Toure was terrific. Clyne was ok. Lallana and Firmino were ok while they were on, plenty of work. Studge had a great goal, both otherwise was a bit underwhelming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Apart from his goal Sturridge was useless. But he's there to score so.

The last minutes of that interview had a 'f*ck yeah, let's do this' feel. If anything, our league form has to improve anyway so next season is the best way to start.

I want Moreno as gone as Skrtel. He has not a whit of intelligence or restrained emotion - just plays like a 9 year old high on Red Bull. Total liability.

Don't really get the doom mongering. We've a great manager in place who hasn't even got his own players in yet or had his own pre-season. We've had some really great performances this season in the cups and some in the league too. Some inconsistency as well that cost us points in the league especially but it's to be expected. No European football is a downer but I'm confident we'll be vastly improved in the league next season.

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »

Might have gotten away with it if Sturridge didn't throw his leg at it so actively. Even if it was a split second after the ball had gone past, I think just the flurry of motion from him made it a much easier decision for the lino.

Really just gutted with that game. So many players underperforming.

Oddly two of the key players for us were the ones taken off...they'd both run a lot so i could somewhat understand it, but with them not being replaced by similar players we ended up so narrow in their half. There was just nowhere to pass the ball along the ground, instead we just hoofed it high to the three strikers.

In the first half a lot of our better play came from Firmino or Lallana pulling wide into space and getting on the ball, then playing with the fullbacks and using the whole field. Coutinho really let himself down unfortunately...didn't even get the odd crack at goal we usually get from his poorer performances.

Toure was terrific. Clyne was ok. Lallana and Firmino were ok while they were on, plenty of work. Studge had a great goal, both otherwise was a bit underwhelming.

https://twitter.com/JustinKCollins/status/733036667049807872

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Of course champions league would of made us more appealing in the transfer market this summer, but i still think we can attract quality players.

Players want to play in the premier league and they will want to work under a manager like Klopp. I just hope we have gotze wrapped up with or without champions league football

mikeym wrote: »
    Its been a hard season.

Losing to Man city in the league cup final and now this.

Being a Liverpool fan is tough.

The only half positive is that there wont be as many matches to play but there will be pressure on Klopp to start the season well.

Spurs didn't start great, didn't end it great either but you know what I mean.

We had maybe 3 or 4 midweeks off under Klopp, the extra training time will definitely help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Mig can sit on the Liverpool bench no problem, but Moreno can sit on a bench in Stanley Park looking through job listings. That performance tonight would make Konchesky look like Paolo Maldini by comparison.

He deleted it?

Carragher never came across as the most likeable but he's turned it up to 11 since retiring.

What do you mean by 1/2 midfield?

It's way too early to be thinking how he wants to play next season from transfer speculation.

--DM
    CM-CM

Something like Can at the base with one of Milner/Hendo/Grujic plus Zielinski so that would be a sitting bull, a tackler and a ball player who can carry the game into the attack zone.

"Buy a ****ing left back!" basically

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I want Moreno as gone as Skrtel. He has not a whit of intelligence or restrained emotion - just plays like a 9 year old high on Red Bull. Total liability.

Classic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Watching that tonight I couldn't help but think that the fate we witnessed from Istanbul is now playing tricks on us:o

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Apart from his goal Sturridge was useless. But he's there to score so.

Disappearing after getting one goal is a common occurrence for him. Doesn't matter too much if you have a defence that can keep a clean sheet...unfortunately we don't.

Sturridge saw very little in second half. Once Chris Tucker came on we saw less, as did Tucker. They spoiled it very well, we never ever had a chance to get back into it.

• Advertisement

Not sure what Sturridge could have done 2nd half to be honest. Every time I looked up Sevilla were on the attack. Just got overrun after the equaliser.

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Watching that tonight I couldn't help but think that the fate we witnessed from Istanbul is now playing tricks on us:o

giphy.gif

I wouldn't swap that night in Istanbul for anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Lads, I don't care what anyone says about us being doomed.

Look at the Dortmund match.
    Look at the villereal match.
    Look at the ****ing United match.

We need work but we are ****ing back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

As much as i hate Liverpool. I was a BVB season ticket holder.

The thing about Klopp and his scouts is that they have a knack of finding players who you never heard of and turning them into superstars

You will be suprized at the names being brought in but it seems he can turn water into wine.

Just look how young the players were in Dortmund the past few years and they were winning the German League and cup doubles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    As much as i hate Liverpool. I was a BVB season ticket holder.

The thing about Klopp and his scouts is that they have a knack of finding players who you never heard of and turning them into superstars

You will be suprized at the names being brought in but it seems he can turn water into win.

Just look how young the players were in Dortmund the past few years and they were winning the German League and cup doubles

I don't think he was able to bring his scouts with him though. If he has an eye for talent himself, great, but from what I've read, Zorc and the scouting team were the real stars at that club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ok. So, I really wanted European football next year in any form, just to keep us building towards competing regularly on multiple fronts and working effectively with a large squad.

Now that that's impossible, the potential silver lining is that Klopp can actually train regularly with his team. As such, I still want us to build a decent large squad of, say, 20 guys that are effectively potential first teamers, and rotate a lot in the league. But to build towards playing many games the next season.

In short, I think it's a foolish decision to treat next year as a big Leicester style, first 11 ever week 'run for the title' kind of thing at the expense of assembling a large, capable squad. I want top four next year, and to be in a position to do well in the champions league the following year as well as maintaining top four, with minimal changes over the summer between.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

giphy.gif

I wouldn't swap that night in Istanbul for anything.

Me neither :cool: Lets just hope the tide has turned now for the club and our manager. Cant be doing with anymore of these near misses:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

martyos121 wrote: »
    I don't think he was able to bring his scouts with him though. If he has an eye for talent himself, great, but from what I've read, Zorc and the scouting team were the real stars at that club.

Zorc is the man to try and keep players at the club.

If they didnt want to stay, he made sure Dortmund made hugh profit selling them.

I would have thought his scouting team would have been part of the deal with klopp

Turtyturd wrote: »
    He deleted it?

Carragher never came across as the most likeable but he's turned it up to 11 since retiring.

He's only saying what we are all thinking

In the days of footballers getting 250k for sponsored tweets, rather quaint and endearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Missing out on CL, and not having the Europa again next year, is a real kicker. Would have loved to have seen who Klopp could bring in with a EL win and CL football next year. Would have been a great platform for the players to push on from as well.

Disappointing night, but there's positives to be seen when we look back at the season before moving on this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

In the days of footballers getting 250k for sponsored tweets, rather quaint and endearing.

Still bad form for a guy in his position to be coming out with stuff like that. Moreno is still a Liverpool player despite it all. Granted, emotions were running high but expected better from Carragher.

63f85f172e3a83f3f1592f60177c9223.png

In short, I think it's a foolish decision to treat next year as a big Leicester style, first 11 ever week 'run for the title' kind of thing at the expense of assembling a large, capable squad. I want top four next year, and to be in a position to do well in the champions league the following year as well as maintaining top four, with minimal changes over the summer between.

Indeed, PL, FA Cup & League Cup are all to be played for.
    Still 50+ games potentially.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

I see on some sites, talk of Coutinho setting up the goal. He did in his arse. He played it out wide. Sturridge made that goal all on his own. Coutinho was muck tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Its obvious that we need a versatile midfield. One that isn't over reliant on our fullbacks supplying the width, so its looking like we need a couple of wingers. If thats the case.. then we probably have no need for all three of Firmino, Lallana and Couthino.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Its obvious that we need a versatile midfield. One that isn't over reliant on our fullbacks supplying the width, so its looking like we need a couple of wingers. If thats the case.. then we've probably no need for all three of Firmino, Lallana and Couthino.
    We have Ibe and Ojo.

I'd normally agree, just find it hard to stomach from someone who was very quick to pin his mistakes on anybody else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ahh well, a better ref things may have been different, but that 2nd half was Southampton all over again, new left back needed asap

Ah here..............

mosstin wrote: »

Ah here..............
    Its all true. Klopp was only a spectator. Zorc was the true mastermind...
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

jpboard1 wrote: »
    We have Ibe and Ojo.

Just potential wingers at the moment.. hopefully Ojo progresses at a better rate than Ibe has.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement