Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Right just back from te pub, ok we didnt give it everything but i'm proud of mu club, proud of kolpp, proud of the players, so close but nexyt year will be our year

Jurgen klopp's army marchesx on

ps. drunkenautocorrect spelling fail bollic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Did Seville deserve to win. We out played them and scored a world class goal and created multiple chances in first half, we gifted them their goals and then the set out to spoil game.
    Hardly deserving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Wasn't expecting that 2nd half from the lads, gutted for the club that we fell apart so frenetically & dramatically and we didn't do the basics right. Seville were just one tough opponent too many and were happy to punish us at will. Balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

mosstin wrote: »
    Ah here..............
    jpboard1 wrote: »
    It all true. Klopp was only a spectator. Zorc was the true mastermind...
    :D

What do ye think is so funny? I'm not saying they didn't have a great squad, but they wouldn't have that great squad without their scouts. It's not like they saw these players playing in the CL week in, week out. They took some absolute nobodies who they had faith in and they became world class players.

Recruitment is everything, look at Newcastle, and on the other side of the coin, Leicester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Did Seville deserve to win. We out played them and scored a world class goal and created multiple chances in first half, we gifted them their goals and then the set out to spoil game.
    Hardly deserving.

Hmmmm...

We were outclassed in the second half.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Just potential wingers at the moment.. hopefully Ojo progresses at a better rate than Ibe has.

i'd loan out Ibe next year to get lots of games under his belt in a less high-pressure premiership team.

Keep Ojo around to learn from the elders, soak up the experience, and get to play a role as an impact sub and cup starter.

Markovic to come in and replace Ibe's role. One more dynamic attacking non-striker to come in then too (hopefully Gotze of course!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Right just back from te pub, ok we didnt give it everything but i'm proud of mu club, proud of kolpp, proud of the players, so close but nexyt year will be our year

Jurgen klopp's army marchesx on

ps. drunkenautocorrect spelling fail bollic
    No way you typed that drunk, effort went into that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wonder how many phone calls won't be returned now there is no CL footie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Klopp will now know, without a doubt, the ones who are up to it, and the ones who aren't.

Tonight was about players standing up and being counted in a final, and there are some who showed up, and some who didn't. I'm going to go through the tram for the craic.

Mignolet - he never seems to make saves you don't expect him to make. You couldn't blame him for tonight, but I'd love a keeper who could actually dig you out of trouble. He just doesn't. Needs replacing.

Clyne - one of our better defenders, and one of our better outlets going forward. We need to keep him, and he will flourish.

Moreno - a stain on this team. His double shíteness directly lead to the first goal, the catalyst for the collapse. He's just braindead. There must be better out there.

Lovren - looked ok, but not particularly assured. Made rash decisions too often. I'd keep, but he didn't cover himself in glory.

Toure - our MOTM. Covered Moreno tirelessly. Ventured forward. Made a mesmerising last ditch tackle. It's a pity he's not younger.

Can - not there yet. I've seen many herald him as our new beast in midfield. He's not yet. He's young, but this evening was a steep learning curve. He's too slow on the ball too often too. Keep.

Milner - had stood up over the 2nd half of the season, and did little wrong tonight. I'm still not convinced he should be first choice CM. Keep.

Lallana - superb. Klopp has been incredible for him. Could be huge for us next year if the trajectory of his improvement continues. Keep.

Firmino - worked hard, but largely anonymous. Nice touches at times, and his strength helped set up the goal. But he goes missing a bit often. His stats in 2016 are stellar, but this game passed him by in the main. Keep, but needs to up it.

Coutinho - I didn't know he was playing until the commentator reminded me. I've just never been convinced by him. Too inconsistent. Can't hang your hat on him for a performance. Keep, but needs to influence more games.

Sturridge - he's there to score. That's all he did. He did little else. It doesn't surprise me that Klopp has preferred Origi at times. Sturridge isn't a focal point; something Klopp likes to have. Keep, but still unreliable in terms of all round team play. Best goalscorer we have though, so you can't get rid.

GK, CB, CM, CF...as well as LB.

He needs a spine to rely upon. Not filler either. Players who can come in and take starting spots. We're too weak when it really counts. Too many areas of the pitch you can get at. Against City in the League Cup Final, it was Mignolet. Tonight it was Moreno and CM in the second half. Unreliable. And you can't have it.

Klopp has to earn his money now. Huge work to be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

On the bus home sitting next to a Saville fan. Clearly the world is not done ****ing with me just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

martyos121 wrote: »
    Ah here..............
    It all true. Klopp was only a spectator. Zorc was the true mastermind...
    :D

What do ye think is so funny? I'm not saying they didn't have a great squad, but they wouldn't have that great squad without their scouts. It's not like they saw these players playing in the CL week in, week out. They took some absolute nobodies who they had faith in and they became world class players.

Recruitment is everything, look at Newcastle, and on the other side of the coin, Leicester.
    Its funny that you are claiming Zorc was more important than Klopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Toure and Sakho deserve medals for covering the leftback position all season.

No wonder they have a history of PED's playing two positions at once.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Klopp will now know, without a doubt, the ones who are up to it, and the ones who aren't.

Tonight was about players standing up and being counted in a final, and there are some who showed up, and some who didn't. I'm going to go through the tram for the craic.

Mignolet - he never seems to make saves you don't expect him to make. You couldn't blame him for tonight, but I'd love a keeper who could actually dig you out of trouble. He just doesn't. Needs replacing.

Clyne - one of our better defenders, and one of our better outlets going forward. We need to keep him, and he will flourish.

Moreno - a stain on this team. His double sh teness directly lead to the first goal, the catalyst for the collapse. He's just braindead. There must be better out there.

Lovren - looked ok, but not particularly assured. Made rash decisions too often. I'd keep, but he didn't cover himself in glory.

Toure - our MOTM. Covered Moreno tirelessly. Ventured forward. Made a mesmerising last ditch tackle. It's a pity he's not younger.

Can - not there yet. I've seen many herald him as our new beast in midfield. He's not yet. He's young, but this evening was a steep learning curve. He's too slow on the ball too often too. Keep.

Milner - had stood up over the 2nd half of the season, and did little wrong tonight. I'm still not convinced he should be first choice CM. Keep.

Lallana - superb. Klopp has been incredible for him. Could be huge for us next year if the trajectory of his improvement continues. Keep.

Firmino - worked hard, but largely anonymous. Nice touches at times, and his strength helped set up the goal. But he goes missing a bit often. His stats in 2016 are stellar, but this game passed him by in the main. Keep, but needs to up it.

Coutinho - I didn't know he was playing until the commentator reminded me. I've just never been convinced by him. Too inconsistent. Can't hang your hat on him for a performance. Keep, but needs to influence more games.

Sturridge - he's there to score. That's all he did. He did little else. It doesn't surprise me that Klopp has preferred Origi at times. Sturridge isn't a focal point; something Klopp likes to have. Keep, but still unreliable in terms of all round team play. Best goalscorer we have though, so you can't get rid.

He needs a spine to rely upon. Not filler either. Players who can come in and take starting spots. We're too weak when it really counts. Too many areas of the pitch you can get at. Against City in the League Cup Final, it was Mignolet. Tonight it was Moreno and CM in the second half. Unreliable. And you can't have it.

Spot on analysis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The players we are linked with are not exactly superstars bar maybe Gotze. I think Klopp himself and the money obviously are bigger factors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

martyos121 wrote: »

Recruitment is fine but you needed a world class coach there to put them together in a system which worked against a far superior - financially at least - Bayern.
    Zorc may have recruited well but to suggest he was the 'real star' is hipster nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I wonder if Jurgen can convince Stevie to send a few texts. Hopefully his service provider has decent transatlantic rates.

K-9 wrote: »
    Hmmmm...

We were outclassed in the second half.

Moreno was outclassed
    Lucky deflection from Coutinho lands at feet of Seville player in front of goal, flag goes up, Mig in two minds,makes a poor attempt to save as flag is up. That and the penalties we should of had, we had very bad luck, also with Loverns goal, maybe lines man thought Sturridge got a touch, who knows.
    Its a long list for 90 mins. Such bad luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Grayditch wrote: »
    On the bus home sitting next to a Saville fan. Clearly the world is not done ****ing with me just yet.

Tell me about it. Got stuck beside a Rolf Harris one myself.

Gerrard contract with LA nearly up. He would do better job at LB

Gerrard contract with LA nearly up. He would do better job at LB

No no he wouldn't and he can fcuk off and stay there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

SlickRic wrote: »

Moreno - a stain on this team. His double shíteness directly lead to the first goal, the catalyst for the collapse. He's just braindead. There must be better out there.

Tonight I need sympathy, not solutions. My ex said that once, I know how she felt now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Its funny that you are claiming Zorc was more important than Klopp

Zorc is the risk taker.

You need to remember, BVB dont go signing brand names.

The BVB scouts found rough diamonds, Zorc paid for them, Klopp added the facets

Klopp is the man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

He can **** off... Why is that? I've always wondered why a few supporters hold such a grudge against our former captain.

Well it should matter less than when Rodgers was here. Not as if CL did much in the Summer of 15.

I'd imagine less over priced PL proven talent anyway.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

He can **** off... Why is that? I've always wondered why a few supporters hold such a grudge against our former captain.
    No grudge here. He was brilliant for us in years gone by. Now he would not be up to it. There is no way his legs could play the Klopp game. Pool supporters have got lost in the past for long enough. Time to move forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Hardly deserving.

They took you to the cleaners in the 2nd half. Wave after wave. They did to you what you did to them the difference is that their Benaga showed up Cuthino didn't.

Klopp looked clueless when you went behind and the press was no longer a tactic. Your left back is a walking liability.

It's a shame because I put a lot of money on Liverpool due to the assurance that a lot of you had already purchased accommodation in numerous European cities , or so the United thread had me believe after the dortmund thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

No grudge. I, for one, hugely admire him and am forever grateful for the many glorious memories he has given us. A legend of the club and the game.

It would be nice if he could keep his mouth shut every once in a while though.

A lot of people staying Klopp is the 2nd coming but the point is he had a team for 2/3rds of the season in a league where United and Chelsea were chronic and couldn't get above West Ham or Southampton. At least Rodgers got you in Europe

• Advertisement

Thats what has me terribly worried tonight. Klopp + guaranteed CL group stage football would have been the yippee option. Now its just the attracting power of Klopp himself. Lights burning late in the managers office this coming Summer I fear.

There is no grudge his time is over and he can stop talking for a few years and let the club move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Who's that guy talking to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Not sure how anyone can praise Clyne, he's nowhere near the balanced level of Johnson at his peak or Finnan.

He was caught out of position numerous times tonight and when he did try to contribute something he just gave the ball away.

He's the personification of a Hodgson player and no different from Konchesky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Could well be a facade klopp puts on but a few times he has alluded he has no interest in players who arent 100% all in for joining the club. Bar gotze (whos reasons for signing could be different) the players we are going for are the emre can school of transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Not sure how anyone can praise Clyne, he's nowhere near the balanced level of Johnson at his peak or Finnan.

He was caught out of position numerous times tonight and when he did try to contribute something he just gave the ball away.

He's the personification of a Hodgson player and no different from Konchesky.

Jesus wept. Time for bed.

• Advertisement

A lot of people staying Klopp is the 2nd coming but the point is he had a team for 2/3rds of the season in a league where United and Chelsea were chronic and couldn't get above West Ham or Southampton. At least Rodgers got you in Europe

Well then you have clearly not watched a whole ton of liverpool under klopp so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Jesus wept. Time for bed.

Sound, enjoy the sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Sorry Caovyn, I just don't think I can argue on a night like tonight.

klose wrote: »
    Well then you have clearly not watched a whole ton of liverpool under klopp so

OH sorry. Have I missed something. Did you in fact finish above both West Ham and Southampton and are In Europe next season... ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

OH sorry. Have I missed something. Did you in fact finish above both West Ham and Southampton and are In Europe next season... ????

Posts like this make it easier to take.

• Advertisement

The performances are chalk and cheese from rodgers by and large, of course there were some games which we made a balls of but there have been a lot of positives. He reached 2 cup finals with a squad of players not his own, klopp will be judged at earliest in may 2017.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Well lads, its been a sh*t night but the future is still bright. Roll on next season when the Klopp Army marches on. <3

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Posts like this make it easier to take.

Its a factual statement. Rodgers had you in a better place this time last year with European football. No one remembers the runners up. Rodgers IMO could have done as well as Klopp is he was given some time.

klose wrote: »
    The performances are chalk and cheese from rodgers by and large, of course there were some games which we made a balls of but there have been a lot of positives. He reached 2 cup finals with a squad of players not his own, klopp will be judged at earliest in may 2017.

It may not be his team but it's a stronger team than both West Ham and Southampton who he failed to overcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Well lads, its been a sh*t night but the future is still bright. Roll on next season when the Klopp Army marches on. <3

Sorry to burst your bubble, did you not hear? he's not the Messiah he's a very naughty boy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Its a factual statement. Rodgers had you in a better place this time last year with European football. No one remembers the runners up. Rodgers IMO could have done as well as Klopp is he was given some time.

The football under Rodgers post Suarez was only going one way and that was down. The football at times under Klopp has been exhilarating albeit inconsistent. And with zero of his own players. It's not even an argument to any Liverpool fan with functioning eyes and brain.

God loves a trier, hates a chancer though.

It may not be his team but it's a stronger team than both West Ham and Southampton who he failed to overcome

Both of whom had probably their greatest ever premier league seasons, Southampton in particluar. I doubt youll find many liverpool supporters who are as arsed about our league position as yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Some Pool fans got on the bus and spied her scarf and said congrats to her. She said thanks and that it was the first final she had really enjoyed. So that made us feel a bit better.

But then she explained why. She the other finals she she felt Saville got lucky but this one they won without problem.

Yeah cheers luv. Keep pourin' the salt :/

Some Pool fans got on the bus and spied her scarf and said congrats to her. She said thanks and that it was the first final she had really enjoyed. So that made us feel a bit better.

But then she explained why. She the other finals she she felt Saville got lucky but this one they won without problem.

Yeah cheers luv. Keep pourin' the salt :/

Id move seats mate, wouldn't wanna be sitting beside a saville enthusiast.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement