Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

She moved seats when one freed up. The insults don't stop.

Fine by me, I can't stand other people's leg warmth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Commiserations lads.

Ye need to hold on to sturridge no matter what class player

No no he wouldn't and he can fcuk off and stay there.

Jesus Christ. That's no way to talk about Gerrard. I don't think anybody wants him back in a playing capacity but a little respect for everything he was to us is needed here.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Klopp has given Rodgers squad 8 months to show their worth to the club, some have and some have shown that they belong elsewhere.

Now, let the fun begin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

This is what annoys me the most. Kolo is the closest thing to a leader in that squad and now he's gone.

Milner is not a leader and tbh I think he's a complete waste of space in that midfield. We badly need a midfield general like Krychowiak was tonight for Sevilla.

Hopefully Matip can be the man to lead a defense but I know very little about his time at Schalke, other than he's a decent defender.

Yeah, we need a leader in the defence. Lovren keeps on sayibg how he is a leader but, frankly, i'm happy if he just doesnt **** up. Sakho is such a loss.

Its a factual statement. Rodgers had you in a better place this time last year with European football. No one remembers the runners up. Rodgers IMO could have done as well as Klopp is he was given some time.

This time last year we were getting butt f**ked by Stoke 6-1 under his leadership.......

Just read through the last 25 pages. Some shocking stuff.

It took me 7 minutes to realise what kind of game we were in for. The Ref was useless. He ruined the game. Stopping it every two minutes for 'fouls'.

He was loving making the non decisions - two players running beside each other and the first one to fall gets a free kick. Every tackle was a free kick. He wasn't there when needed - at least one clear penalty.

They then hilariously ruled out a perfectly good goal before somebody watched the replay and told them to give it but only after said somebody stopped laughing at the ineptitude. I think three LFC players touched it on to the goalscorer.

The biggest disappointment tonight was the quality of the game and that was down to the Ref. He wouldn't let them play.

If Rodgers had stayed where would that team have ended up ? We are blessed to have Klopp and if you don't see that then soccer isn't for you. Save yourself a lot of torture and follow some other team or sport.

I think most of the players have done really well this season under Klopp. The only concerns I would have (of the players that have been first team) are Mingolet, Lovern and Moreno. I don't think they will be involved next season and other current players will miss out due to new signings. Not sure who.

I already know I'll feel a little bit sad, when we win the title next year, as my first thoughts will be for Gerrard and Carragher as I think they deserved to win a league title with us.

All the doubters are going to feel a little silly by next May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Not sure how anyone can praise Clyne, he's nowhere near the balanced level of Johnson at his peak or Finnan.

He was caught out of position numerous times tonight and when he did try to contribute something he just gave the ball away.

He's the personification of a Hodgson player and no different from Konchesky.

what the loving ****ing **** are you on about...he is a deadly defender but limited going forward...but anyone with an ounce of football intelligence would release he is the out ball and when he does get the out ball he has no option for 30 yards...expect a massive increase in his attacking performance next year when the players around are better...i feel you pain though chief and keep on trucking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

All the doubters are going to feel a little silly by next May.

Tl6MPKT.gif

Glad to see the delusion is still strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

to put the second half in to context...i haven't seen a raping like that since jodie foster in the accused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

This time last year we were getting butt f**ked by Stoke 6-1 under his leadership.......

Charming!?

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Charming!?

T'was anything butt.... (sorry)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Bowlardo wrote: »
    to put the second half in to context...i haven't seen a raping like that since jodie foster in the accused

That puts things into perspective all right.

Jaysus.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Tl6MPKT.gif

Glad to see the delusion is still strong.

What delusion ?

He got his cat sanctuary opened didn't he ?

You haven't thought this through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

wrote:
    Markovic might add tactical flexibility

Actually he's gonna play 25 games next season for no reason coz hes ****ing ****..but then we will then say next year that he's only gettin used to the prem.

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm honoured to have watched that Toure defensive performance and I'll talk about it for a while. Made us proud.

I never want to see Moreno in our shirt again. His football intelligence is zero. Coutinho failed to turn up to a European final. Shame.

Ex Sevilla, knew even before the game that he'd blow it..

Did Seville deserve to win. We out played them and scored a world class goal and created multiple chances in first half, we gifted them their goals and then the set out to spoil game.
    Hardly deserving.

yup to be pedantic there should have been at least one penno, but doesnt excuse the second half performance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Been saying it on here for the last two seasons, despite people making excuses for him, but moreno is brain dead. Seriously. The lad hasn't a clue how to defend. I've said it numerous times but he hasn't learnt anything since he joined us. He's still the same headless chicken who gets caught out of position, loses his man, loses concentration, makes idiotic attempts at tackles, etc etc that he was when he first joined us. The only difference is he has a few more tattoos. It's sad that it's taken 2 years for people on here to realise that the guy is going backwards. He needs to go in the summer... Forget all the rest of them, moreno is the first player id have out the door.

Also something I mentioned about 3/4 months back about klopp. He seems very hesitant to make changes when the game is going against us. He waits too long to affect the game. Theres been a few times this season where he hasn't made a change when it was calling out for something.. United at home, Southampton away,... Tonight.... We were over run in midfield all second half. I could see this after five mins into it, after ten, after fifteen.... Make a fuking change!! We badly needed an extra body in midfield yet he did nothing. I'm quoting myself from the Southampton game 3 months ago but the exact same thing applies tonight......
    "I mentioned it before but Klopp again seems reluctant to change/bring on subs when the game is going against us. He did it again yesterday. We could see we were being over-run and the game was swinging in their favour ....straight from the second half kick off (klopp even said this himself!!) yet he chose not to do anything till the 70th minute. Thought we badly need more bodies in midfield and changes could have been made well before they scored the first." - that's from 3 months ago!

Klopp practically said the exact same thing tonight, he saw we retreated after we conceded the first goal yet did nothing about it. Poor management let us down when we needed a whole lot more tonight.

Ps... Kolo toure = legend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

j9fmfic.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Seems like today has been the greatest day in United history, strangely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

While Liverpool/Utd fans polish turds and see which team is least bad (and you can add Arsenal/Spurs arguing over 2nd spot too), a pile of cheaply bought journeymen showed them all up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Shocking second half last night only toure put a shift in
    So many players went missing also our manager went missing
    Sevilla go 2/1 up after 65 Liverpool have been under the kosh for 20 minutes yet our manager is too busy geeing up the crowd
    He had to make a change emre can was like a lost little school girl
    We had Allen Lucas and our club captain on the bench we needed someone one to calm things down sort out the midfield
    Still looking forward to next year hopefully klopp gets some talent in and works his magic.
    Future is still bright we have a decent squad some decent signings on the way with more to come hopefully and a great manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

jpboard1 wrote: »
    I see on some sites, talk of Coutinho setting up the goal. He did in his arse. He played it out wide. Sturridge made that goal all on his own. Coutinho was muck tonight.

He set up the third Sevilla goal!!

Results from this season that will need to change next season:

Dropping 4 points to West Brom
    Dropping 4 points to Southampton
    Dropping 4 points to Newcastle
    Dropping 6 points to West Ham

That's 18 points that would have us in second this year with 15 of those points being in Klopps control.

Even taking out the West Ham games the 12 points would have us in second place.

Really don't care about the euros now. I want pre-season and signings to start!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Results from this season that will need to change next season:

Dropping 4 points to West Brom
    Dropping 4 points to Southampton
    Dropping 4 points to Newcastle
    Dropping 6 points to West Ham

That's 18 points that would have us in second this year with 15 of those points being in Klopps control.

Even taking out the West Ham games the 12 points would have us in second place.

Really don't care about the euros now. I want pre-season and signings to start!!

I don't fancy our chances of getting anything vs Newcastle next season.

mosstin wrote: »
    I don't fancy our chances of getting anything vs Newcastle next season.

Ok, the Newcastle equivalent smart arse! :pac:

Has there been a date set for Sahko? His 30 day ban is up on May 27th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

j9fmfic.png

I'd go for 1984 myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Some of the stuff posted here would really make you cringe, especially from the people who crawl out from under the rocks and proclaim that Liverpool are doomed.

He got to 2 finals with players he didn't pick and from what we can see were the wrong choice by the last administration. I'm very confident we'll see a big improvement next year, along with the shifting of some expensive dead weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

One bright note to the morning is watching all the United fans embarrass themselves. I remember it being us that knocked United out??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'd go for 1984 myself

Jaysus, I'm spoilt for choice..

I was thinking We won it Wembely, Then I was thinking we won it in gay Paris, in 77' and 84 it was rome....

Maybe 2005, Sure fcuk it you could pick nearly any year from 80s..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

One bright note to the morning is watching all the United fans embarrass themselves. I remember it being us that knocked United out??

I don't blame them in the slightest. I'd feel the same way were the roles reversed and there'd be plenty from here on their thread if they lost last night as there will on Saturday. It's football, no big deal when you take delight in your main rivals getting a beating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

What a trip, sure jesus magic mushrooms couldn't give you the high of beating Utd, Winning the lottery could'nt give you the buzz of beating dortmund at Anfield, Just watching them beat Villareal was a joy to behold..

New Stand, New players in, New belief, New season.

YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Its a factual statement. Rodgers had you in a better place this time last year with European football. No one remembers the runners up. Rodgers IMO could have done as well as Klopp is he was given some time.

Is that REALLY your opinion?

It is a fact that we were in Europe for the following season under Rodgers. But we both know which coach has the higher ceiling of achievement.

You're just using league positions to be mischievous.

You're also conveniently leaving out the fact that we basically punted the league for the last few weeks. We'd have been in Europe if we hadn't focused on the Europa. You know it. I know it. We all know it.

And we all know Klopp is better than Rodgers. And don't pretend otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Gutted after last night - enjoyed the rollercoaster run in the Europa...shame that it ended up with a no show after a decent enough first half

Glass half full analysis = if we’d manage to turn up in the second half and actually win, would it have been merely papering over the cracks?? We probably over-achieved getting so far imho.

At least now, there can be no doubt that major surgery is required over the summer. A full pre-season with Klopp and presumably his ‘own’ squad should see his hit the ground running and launch a Rodgers-esque style assault on the league.

Anyway....onwards and upwards :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I'm still fuming at how we threw that game away.

Seville were there for the taking last night. It also showed how we missed a leader or leaders to take control of the game when Seville had their tails up.
    I think Klopp missed a trick when they equalised, Allen for Coutinho who was absolute rubbish all night (how he stayed on the full 90 is beyond me) would have been my choice.

As for Moreno such a brainless donkey, he can't be in that first 11 next season.

It would have been such a kickstart to be in europe next season, but alas we will have to just try and get top 4 and throw everything at it in the summer window.

Aside from the goal by Sturridge, Kolo would have been my MOM (That 1st half performance he was immense)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Lads, I don't care what anyone says about us being doomed.

Look at the Dortmund match.
    Look at the villereal match.
    Look at the ****ing United match.

We need work but we are ****ing back.

All European nights -- no European football next season.

We are not back, we are a long way off from being back at this point!

Didn't he keep harping on about a 3 year plan? Was that not long enough?

I'm still fuming at how we threw that game away.

Seville were there for the taking last night. It also showed how we missed a leader or leaders to take control of the game when Seville had their tails up.
    I think Klopp missed a trick when they equalised, Allen for Coutinho who was absolute rubbish all night (how he stayed on the full 90 is beyond me) would have been my choice.

As for Moreno such a brainless donkey, he can't be in that first 11 next season.

It would have been such a kickstart to be in europe next season, but alas we will have to just try and get top 4 and throw everything at it in the summer window.

Aside from the goal by Sturridge, Kolo would have been my MOM (That 1st half performance he was immense)

Spot on! People being blinded by the half chances we created but as mentioned bar Studge, our Centre half was our best player on the pitch in the 1st half. The signs were there all first half, Milner, Lallana, Coutinho were not at the races and Sevilla were controlling the first half, I'd stretch it and say first 25 minutes they bossed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

SlickRic wrote: »
    Is that REALLY your opinion?

It is a fact that we were in Europe for the following season under Rodgers. But we both know which coach has the higher ceiling of achievement.

You're just using league positions to be mischievous.

You're also conveniently leaving out the fact that we basically punted the league for the last few weeks. We'd have been in Europe if we hadn't focused on the Europa. You know it. I know it. We all know it.

And we all know Klopp is better than Rodgers. And don't pretend otherwise.

I would not even bother giving them what they want

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Watched the highlights of the game now (a glutton for punishment) and you do see times when Toure is screaming at Moreno as he is out of position. He drifted into the center a few times on frees and corners leaving a player or two free on the side. I know that he did not get a lot of support but he was headless for a lot of last night, more so than usual. We all know what he is like so we are hardly surprised. I honestly thought he would get a red at some stage for some silly lunge and that would have made the team stronger I think!

The lads will learn from this (and the February loss as well) and while we do not have European football next season, at least we can use the time well for training and practicing defensive drills. Hope the lads remember last night well now and how they don't want to feel like that again and want to hungry for the next win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Why didnt he just take man and ball and give the free if need be.. but in a european final and its seconds into 2nd half and your defending a lead..ffs,clear the fcking ball..

Id have hooked him there and then,emre rb,clyne lb,hendo on..hindsight yes..still fuming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Watched the highlights of the game now (a glutton for punishment) and you do see times when Toure is screaming at Moreno as he is out of position. He drifted into the center a few times on frees and corners leaving a player or two free on the side. I know that he did not get a lot of support but he was headless for a lot of last night, more so than usual. We all know what he is like so we are hardly surprised. I honestly thought he would get a red at some stage for some silly lunge and that would have made the team stronger I think!

The lads will learn from this (and the February loss as well) and while we do not have European football next season, at least we can use the time well for training and practicing defensive drills. Hope the lads remember last night well now and how they don't want to feel like that again and want to hungry for the next win.

There was one point in the 2nd half where Toure just glared at Moreno for a solid few minutes after Gameiro almost scored. Couldn't believe that he wandered away from the danger and stood with nobody around him, instead of doing the basic full back roll of covering your nearest CB, and that man.

He literally can't do the basics of defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Knex. wrote: »
    There was one point in the 2nd half where Toure just glared at Moreno for a solid few minutes after Gameiro almost scored. Couldn't believe that he wandered away from the danger and stood with nobody around him, instead of doing the basic full back roll of covering your nearest CB, and that man.

He literally can't do the basics of defending.

Was that from the cross? I actually thought that was Toures fault, lost his man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

naughtb4 wrote: »

Yeah. Toure followed the danger in, Moreno is meant to tuck in at the side. Keep the straight line, everyone filters over one.

Moreno, instead, wandered out toward the peno spot, on his own, for no apparent reason. Genuinely could not figure out what he was thinking. Especially when there was a man right there to his left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

naughtb4 wrote: »

No, thats Moreno again.

I remember shouting at the screen at that moment to take him off before he lost us the game - it was 1-1 at the time.

I'm still amazed that Klopp didn't change it at 1-1. The BT commentators seemed to suggest around 52 minutes that Origi was ready to come on, but then the sub wasn't made. It was clear as day we either needed an extra body in midfield or a target for an 'out ball'. Nerdlingr mentioned it earlier, Klopp can be slow to make subs.

As much as I think Klopp is by far and away the best manager for the job, I thought he was very poor with subs last night.

I admire the positivity of people on here but just once I don't want to be thinking next year is our year, I want it to be this f***ing year. European finals don't come around often and our MOM, and only leader, ends up being a 4th choice, break glass only in absolute emergency, centre back. We left a European trophy and CL qualification behind last night.

Yet again we have a 'huge' summer ahead of us. We need a new GK, LB, CB (assuming Sakho is suspended) and CM at an absolute minimum. We also need 'big game' players as, apart from 20 minutes last night, a few of our 'stars' didn't kick a ball in 210 minutes of play in the two finals this season.

Hopefully the lack of CL football won't come back to bite us, but I'm not feeling that positive this morning. Maybe in time I will be, but this feels worse than the Chelsea defeat in 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I was sitting their on my stool at half time after the dominant 1st half performance, the only images I had in my head were us lifting the trophy, I just could not have imagined the horror that unfolded in the 2nd half.

It was a game of 2 halves, but Sevilla were far more clinical in theirs. It all came back to haunt us in the 2nd half.

35 year old Kolo Toure is the only one who can hold his head high, Sturridge to an extent for his wonderful finish but the rest didn't show up.

I want Moreno gone, I don't even want him as backup, the lad can't even do the basics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The signing of Gotze would be hugely significant if it happens he is a big game player which is something we don't have in this team.

But what we really need is a commanding midfielder to play beside Can someone who can be proper captain and hard bastard a clone of Souness if you will that is something we have been missing for a decade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

But what we really need is a commanding midfielder to play beside Can someone who can be proper captain and hard bastard a clone of Souness if you will that is something we have been missing for a decade.

A clone of Souness will be banned 3 out of every 4 games :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

13/14: blew the league
    14/15: blew 2 semi-finals, get hockeyed 6-1 by Stoke on the final day
    15/16: blew 2 cup finals

16/17 I'd like it if we could finish the season with a sentiment of "Well that was alright!" rather than the temptation to David Carradine myself.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement