Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Agree with a lot of that, but if Illori couldn't get a game in that Villa side he should be gone as well.

And if we manage to clear out those 3 strikers we need 1 quality replacment

Would only let Allen go at the right price - seems happy enough to be a squad player

we won't have too many games next year ...i think we might get away with those three strikers(even if they are injury prone) with Firmino as a back up striker if needs be. Also have canos

Good call on allen - the cost to replace far outweigh the money we would get for him . think he is on 40-45,000 which is peanuts in this day and age for a sold midfielder.

I really like the look of ilori. I think a loan to a team where he would certain to be playing might be off. I wouldn't sell him yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

For what it's worth Bascombe says in the Telegraph that no European football won't affect the players coming into the club as most of the deals have been agreed in principle already. I guess Gotze would be the exception but I think the club are hoping that Klopp himself (and the money obviously) will be the deciding factor there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Id give benteke to west ham for cresswell too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Here's my outrageous prediction for the summer transfer season - Klopp will sell Coutinho.

(feel free to bookmark this! :p)

I'd sell him too, wouldn't give it a moments thought.

Easy to forget last night that both teams lost their heads after conceding the first goal last night. Sevilla were a shambles for 15 minutes after Sturridge's goal and we really should have scored again in that time. Luckily for them half-time saved them and allowed them to clear their heads and reorganise. Liverpool weren't so fortunate. Conceding after 20 seconds of the restart meant it was the players themselves who had to sort it out and the leaders just weren't there to grab a hold of them and just get them to settle down again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Allen has had a really good year and gives it socks. Why anyone would want to sell him is beyond me. Solid squad player with good attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Knex. wrote: »
    I haven't seen Sturridge sprint in about two years. Genuinely.

There was a point last night about 75 mins in where Can sends a ball out wide, and Sturridge is in a one on one with the Keeper if he sprints for the ball, and he saunters. I nearly spilled my drink screaming at the telly.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

In theory we can still have 56 competitive games next season. More likely to be in the low-mid 40's though.

38 league games
    Up to 7 league cup matches
    Up to 6 FA cup games 11 if we have replays in every round)

Hopefully we can win a cup next season, but at least we are back in the mix in cup competitions. Improving league position and points is the most important consideration for next season of course though, but I'm not crazy enough (despite Leicester, etc) to believe we have a realistic chance of winning the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

5starpool wrote: »
    In theory we can still have 56 competitive games next season. More likely to be in the low-mid 40's though.

38 league games
    Up to 7 league cup matches
    Up to 6 FA cup games 11 if we have replays in every round)

Hopefully we can win a cup next season, but at least we are back in the mix in cup competitions. Improving league position and points is the most important consideration for next season of course though, but I'm not crazy enough (despite Leicester, etc) to believe we have a realistic chance of winning the league.

I have a feeling next year will be a mad one in the league kind of like this one. I just feel that teams are beginning to even out more near the top. It's not like when United were unbeatable at home, Arsenal were "invincible", or Chelsea were a machine winning 1-0 every week.

I can see Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton, United and City being better than this season, Leicester not as dominant and winning less games and Spurs, Arsenal, Southampton, West Ham being around the same as this season which is 10 teams to start off with that can all beat each other any given week.

All finger in the air stuff but I think we won't be the only team looking to improve next season and I think it's going to be very competitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Here's my outrageous prediction for the summer transfer season - Klopp will sell Coutinho.

(feel free to bookmark this! :p)

Bookmark?? I'm in my Predator gear about to hunt you down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

monkey9 wrote: »
    Bookmark?? I'm in my Predator gear about to hunt you down.

You'll have no trouble catching him in those!

adidas-predator-Precision-2000.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Still gutted at last night's collapse and see it as a great opportunity for another trophy lost as well as a Champions' League spot.

I am comforting myself with the thought that Klopp has learnt a lot about this group of players and areas that they are lacking in physically and mentally.

He took this job on as a project and I don't think Champion's League qualification was a given target, therefore a win last night would have put his plans ahead of schedule, and as we stand now we're on schedule.

Big summer ahead, and I think it will be busy one. Think we'll get Gotze, I know we don't have Champion's League but was he happy at a Champion's League club last season? It's all about playing and I think being a big player at Livepool and back with Klopp will appeal to him.

Moreno, Skrtel Ballotelli all should be history along with some others.

I would keep Allen, Lallana and Toure.
    Also, some still want rid of Sturridge which I don't undestand at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

In regards to Sturridge not sprinting. I was watching the game vs Bournemouth on a stream a few weeks back. Some of the players top speeds came up. Ojo 34kpg, Ibe 33kph Smith 32.5kph. When I have seen players top speed stats most come up between 31-33kph.
    But Sturridge's came up & it was only 29kph which is a pretty big difference. He seems scared to actually sprint 100% or has no pace at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

MD1990 wrote: »
    In regards to Sturridge not sprinting. I was watching the game vs Bournemouth on a stream a few weeks back. Some of the players top speeds came up. Ojo 34kpg, Ibe 33kph Smith 32.5kph. When I have seen players top speed stats most come up between 31-33kph.
    But Sturridge's came up & it was only 29kph which is a pretty big difference. He seems scared to actually sprint 100% or has no pace at all.

He's been minding himself for the Euros since he came back, IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Jesus, I don't know about that. We had a glorious opportunity last night to grab group stage CL football with the attracting power that would bring in the transfer market. Now we are looking at an infinitely more difficult transfer window, plus getting through all of next season just to get us to where we could have been next August.

I'm not saying we aren't worse off not being in the CL. We are. I'm just saying that in previous years you had the likes of Chelsea and United in the mix for the same players offering the lure of CL football. This year you have Leicester and Spurs in there instead. Leicester aren't going to be a big draw, and Spurs are a less-renowned club who already have a great squad and who are about to build a new stadium. The playing field is a lot more level.

Also, there's likely a greater number of players looking for a move to the PL this summer with the amount of money now floating around. Agents will be looking hard for PL clubs to take their clients.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Second in the table

iDBmLh8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Leicester with the least amount, says a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

murpho999 wrote: »
    Still gutted at last night's collapse and see it as a great opportunity for another trophy lost as well as a Champions' League spot.

I am comforting myself with the thought that Klopp has learnt a lot about this group of players and areas that they are lacking in physically and mentally.

He took this job on as a project and I don't think Champion's League qualification was a given target, therefore a win last night would have put his plans ahead of schedule, and as we stand now we're on schedule.

Big summer ahead, and I think it will be busy one. Think we'll get Gotze, I know we don't have Champion's League but was he happy at a Champion's League club last season? It's all about playing and I think being a big player at Livepool and back with Klopp will appeal to him.

Moreno, Skrtel Ballotelli all should be history along with some others.

I would keep Allen, Lallana and Toure.
    Also, some still want rid of Sturridge which I don't undestand at all.

I don't think Sturridge really fits into Klopp's long-term plans. We all know he is a great striker but if you don't play the Klopp way then he will get rid of you. I get the impression that he is saving himself at times too and Klopp's staff would have seen this as well, on a daily basis.

Oirigi, Firmino, Cou fit the system well, Beneteke and Mario will be sold, Ings has to be tested yet but I am sure he will fit, Sturridge will be injured at some stage soon, but that still leaves a space for another striker or two. If Klopp sold Sturridge I would not be surprised at all and I can see them having a falling out at some stage. The lad has bottles of ability, he has to channel it better into helping the team. He is an amazing striker but as I said, I would not be surprised if he was moved on for another who fits Klopp's plans.

The Euros will bring about a lot of changes too. I hope we get our business done early enough so that prices don't get hugely inflated by the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Second in the table

iDBmLh8.jpg

Chelsea with all their whining did alright there. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

What's the difference between Stevie G and James Vardy?

Vardy is slightly taller

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Leicester with the least amount, says a lot.

I genuinely wouldn't give one f*ck if it comes out that Leicester players were on PEDS. If there's drugs out there that gets injured players back on the pitch quicker, what's the problem? Why are they illegal? Training, water, Lucozade Sport etc are performance enhancing.

There's a train of thought that PEDS will create a super-war of pharmaceutical companies backing up clubs, but Man City and Chelsea are already small clubs turned into European heavyweights. They're financially doped clubs, why not just get players on the pitch in an entertainment business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Oranage2 wrote: »

Vardy is slightly taller

Slightly more Premiership medals too

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Oranage2 wrote: »

Vardy is slightly taller

I dont get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The one thing I don't want to see next season is three number 10s on the pitch at once, Coutinho, Firmino and Lallana get in each other's way more often than not. We need a proper winger, someone who wants to run with the ball, we've needed one for a while. I want to see Markovic in the team, he's barely been given a half chance at Liverpool aside from playing as a wing back. I'd like to see this team given a go:
    GK
    Clyne-Lovren-Matip-LB
    Can
    CM-Milner
    Markovic-Origi-Coutinho

Think that's a much more balanced team, we need the width from somewhere other than fullbacks. Getting a top class centre-mid is extremely important, it can either be a passing type like Zielinski or someone more defensive minded like Ruben Neves, and then have Can move up alongside Milner(or Henderson/Allen). If I was to suggest anyone, slightly, realistic I'd go for Claudio Marchisio.

60961451.jpg
    Slightly more Premiership medals too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

corwill wrote: »
    He's been minding himself for the Euros since he came back, IMHO.

i dont think club or country matters to sturridge tbh,its all about him,

he looks terrified of extending himself 100 % because he knows he will prob break somewhere,so is totally selfish in his actions. can see his pov but its frustrating , hopefully he regains fitness confidence because he's fckin lethal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

In terms of transfers I don't think the lack of European football next season will affect our transfer targets. Klopp has made it clear that he's not interested in signing players that are only interested in playing in the Champions League.

Gotze might prove to be an exception and would explain the recent coaxing in the media by Beckenbauer, Can and Firminio.

The one thing I don't want to see next season is three number 10s on the pitch at once, Coutinho, Firmino and Lallana get in each other's way more often than not. We need a proper winger, someone who wants to run with the ball, we've needed one for a while. I want to see Markovic in the team, he's barely been given a half chance at Liverpool aside from playing as a wing back. I'd like to see this team given a go:
    GK
    Clyne-Lovren-Matip-LB
    Can
    CM-Milner
    Markovic-Origi-Coutinho

Think that's a much more balanced team, we need the width from somewhere other than fullbacks. Getting a top class centre-mid is extremely important, it can either be a passing type like Zielinski or someone more defensive minded like Ruben Neves, and then have Can move up alongside Milner(or Henderson/Allen). If I was to suggest anyone, slightly, realistic I'd go for Claudio Marchisio.

I honestly think that team going forward would be a disaster. Markovic and Coutinho as a pair are far too lightweight for me. And while Origi has shown a lot of promise I think he has a long way to go to yet before we can put him down as automatic first choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Spot on! People being blinded by the half chances we created but as mentioned bar Studge, our Centre half was our best player on the pitch in the 1st half. The signs were there all first half, Milner, Lallana, Coutinho were not at the races and Sevilla were controlling the first half, I'd stretch it and say first 25 minutes they bossed it.

Looking back, yeah the first half wasn't convincing from us, nowhere near the second Villa Real game anyway. Bit of class from Sturridge and maybe 3 half chances that on another night might have gone in and I think 1 penalty that could easily have been given.

Origi definitely wasn't the first player I'd have brought on, the problem was in CM, but Klopp did say he shares the blame which is refreshing to hear.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Are people just continuing to criticise Sturridge because they slated him before/wanted him sold (lol) and feel mildly foolish at this point? Or they genuinely don't understand how good he is? It's not that I don't agree with the criticisms; yes he doesn't look like he's regained full fitness/confidence in his body, he continues to be inconsistent etc. But his strike rate is fantastic and when in any kind of form he is world class. Reading this thread you'd have thought all he did last night was limp around the pitch for 90 minutes however I have a vague recollection that he did something fairly decent at one point in the first half... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

GK
    Clyne-Lovren-Matip-LB
    Can
    CM-Milner
    Markovic-Origi-Coutinho

Awesome, might just scrape together 35 goals with that attacking lineup.

5starpool wrote: »
    I don't understand anyone playing down the impact of no European football next season on the club. I can understand someone accentuating the positives, but there are many clear negatives as well.

I think though that next season it removes some of the reasons why people might try to excuse bad performances. I'm certainly not saying that next season is make or break for Klopp, but some people will spin it that way. There is one vital cog in particular missing from our nearly league season a couple of years ago, Suarez. Saying 'ah we can go for the league next year' is not realistic, despite Klopp unless we can recruit some real top class players, which will be made more difficult without CL.

I'm gutted we didn't win last night, I'm gutted we won't be in any European competition next season.

Expecting a title challenge would be a bit much before the summer transfer window even is open, but the pressure will be on Klopp to get 4th minimum, we weren't that far of it despite basically punting the last 6 or 7 league games. It's 15 less games than this season. I'd expect 2 cup runs as well.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

I honestly think that team going forward would be a disaster. Markovic and Coutinho as a pair are far too lightweight for me. And while Origi has shown a lot of promise I think he has a long way to go to yet before we can put him down as automatic first choice.

we need a couple of hard cúnts in if you ask me...

Talisman wrote: »
    In terms of transfers I don't think the lack of European football next season will affect our transfer targets. Klopp has made it clear that he's not interested in signing players that are only interested in playing in the Champions League.

Gotze might prove to be an exception and would explain the recent coaxing in the media by Beckenbauer, Can and Firminio.

What a load of nonsense. How is he meant to filter that list out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

Central midfield is the problem and has been at Liverpool for some time. The defence is wide open to opposition finding lots of space behind our midfield. Milner and Can found last night that they do not react well to being pressed hard.

Time and time again we were turned over in the centre of the field, and our midfield 2 were dribbled past countless times. Lucas has been shoe horned into the role of holding midfielder over the years too in the absence of Mascherano and Alonso but Lucas isn't up to it either. He is the best of a bad bunch, but when you cannot win clean ball or disrupt attacks without giving away free kicks 90% of the time then we need to look at improving in this area.

We need to spend money improving the middle of the field its as simple as that. Its just as important as central defence. Carra and Sami are heralded as legends but without a Didi Hamann or Mascherano sitting in front they would have struggled as badly as Lovren/Skrtel/Sakho/Toure.

Whether it be a physically imposing deep lying playmaker (in the shape of Xhaka or someone of that ilk) or a quick and aggressive ball winner in midfield with an excellent reading of the game, we need one at least. In my opinion we need one of each of the above to go with Emre Can as a midfield 3 if we are to get to a level where we challenge. Milner, Henderson, Allen this just reeks of mediocrity. All running and no guile.

We should be breaking the bank for the likes of Ruben Neves in midfield to be honest. Pay whatever it costs. Someone comfortable on the ball when being pressed and doesn't need too many touches to decide what he wants to do with it. None of our midfielders are able to play when they are boxed into tight spaces. Can included, who needs lots of room to maraude forward. He quite often takes far too many touches and often relies on his physicality rather than technical ability. Which is absolutely fine, but our problem is Milner and Henderson are not noted for their technical ability either.

New goalkeeper (Karius)

Central Defenders (Matip and one more)

Central Midfield (Neves and Zielinski)

Wide Man/Attaking midfield (Goetze and a winger with goal threat)

The problem now with not securing any european football, we have alot of dead wood in the squad that probably would have been used as squad players for next season. I'd imagine making alot of signings like we need to do will be dependant on getting rid of the likes of Skrtel, Lucas, Allen, Benteke, possibly even Henderson. Which won't be easy. And we will have another big turnover in players which isn't condusive to a decent start in the league. Less games meaning less options to rotate, prospective signings will wonder where their game time is going to come from.

• Advertisement

A quick scan of the Man U thread makes for glorious reading. They're utterly oblivious into what they've turned into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Why not ask him? He said it himself.

Ok, squad changes.

Looks like Mig will have competition.
    LB, I'd have had Moreno as a squad player, after last night...
    CB, we need another 1 assuming Skrtel is out of favour and Sakho will be banned. Keep Toure for another year, that gives us 4 senior CB's.
    CM, I can see 1 of Lucas or Allen just wanting to go and Milner isn't a long term option there. Need 1 CM.
    Striker to replace Mario and Benteke.

That's without signing Goetze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I want to see Markovic in the team

What am I missing about Markovic that makes people want to see him in the team? I would honestly lose no sleep if he was sold tomorrow. Same with Ilori, no idea where the opinions on him come from?

Sorry, with signing Goetze! That's 6 new signings, that's achievable with a decent budget and off loading Mario, Benteke and Skrtel in particular.

• Advertisement

i dont think club or country matters to sturridge tbh,its all about him,

he looks terrified of extending himself 100 % because he knows he will prob break somewhere,so is totally selfish in his actions. can see his pov but its frustrating , hopefully he regains fitness confidence because he's fckin lethal

It's probably a mental block, I remember Lucas saying simular after his cruciate injury, hard to blame him considering his track record. The pace could be gone but he has enough to his game to get by without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

8-10 wrote: »
    What am I missing about Markovic that makes people want to see him in the team? I would honestly lose no sleep if he was sold tomorrow. Same with Ilori, no idea where the opinions on him come from?

For me, Markovic offers something a little different to what we currently have in those positions - sheer raw pace. Now, I'd much rather a better version of him there but if we're going to be adding a number of players, a winger may fall by the wayside in the list of demands which may present opportunities to Markovic.

As for Ilori, I cannot fathom the support. He couldn't get near a dreadful Villa side and when Klopp started throwing youth players into the Pool team, he couldn't get in there either. He has shown nothing as far as I can see.

--

I expect 10+ departures and about half that in arrivals. Most of the players leaving will be fringe players but there'll likely be one or two first team players gone too. For the first time in a while, I'm not overly worried about losing anyone major - I reckon if any of them go, it'll be initiated by the club rather than the buyer.

I dont see any place in the squad for Bogdan, Benteke, Moreno, Ilori, Skrtel, McLaughlin, Wisdom, Sinclair, Teixeira, Balotelli and Alberto for a start, plus a number of players like Ward will likely be loaned out.

The lack of European football means there will naturally be fewer opportunities for some players, even those who impressed this season like Kevin Stewart may find appearances lacking.

And then with the additions of Matip and Grujic, as well as the likely signings of a GK, LB, CM, AM and ST, you'd wonder how likely it is for players like Ibe, Allen, Lucas, etc will fare when it comes to game time.

Next season will be incredibly tough too, I think. For one, we're not the only side aiming to improve without European football - Chelsea are in the same boat. Plus, City, United, etc will add in an effort to push on. And we can criticise them as much as we like for having poor seasons, etc but they still finished ahead of us. As did Southampton, West Ham, etc. so repeating 13/14 is going to be extremely tough.

For me, the issue is that we just have too many 6 and 7/10 players. A few in the starting XI are fine when they are boosted by top talent playing with them, but it feels as though we are waiting for our top players to fulfill their potential and became the 8 or 9/10s that we think they will be.

It's great having a host of young, exciting, developing players who may well turn out to be world class, but the result is inconsistency and that has left us empty handed at the end of the season yet again.

And my final point (which I forgot to add in above...)

Without the offer of European football, transfers are a little more difficult. But it's just a matter of thinking outside the box - last season, Dimitri Payet, Yoann Cabaye, Giannelli Imbula, Xerdan Shaqiri, Gregorino Wijnaldum, Andre Ayew and more signed for clubs with no European football. Sure, there were varying degrees of success and it will probably close the door to some players, but there are very talented players out there who will take the gamble (or the cash...) and join a club without European football.

Simple, players who want to play Champion's League next season won't be signing for Liverpool.

I don't think Sturridge really fits into Klopp's long-term plans. We all know he is a great striker but if you don't play the Klopp way then he will get rid of you. I get the impression that he is saving himself at times too and Klopp's staff would have seen this as well, on a daily basis.

Oirigi, Firmino, Cou fit the system well, Beneteke and Mario will be sold, Ings has to be tested yet but I am sure he will fit, Sturridge will be injured at some stage soon, but that still leaves a space for another striker or two. If Klopp sold Sturridge I would not be surprised at all and I can see them having a falling out at some stage. The lad has bottles of ability, he has to channel it better into helping the team. He is an amazing striker but as I said, I would not be surprised if he was moved on for another who fits Klopp's plans.

The Euros will bring about a lot of changes too. I hope we get our business done early enough so that prices don't get hugely inflated by the competition.

Where do people get the idea that Sturridge does not fit into Klopp's plans?

Has Sturridge said anything about leaving?
    Has Klopp?

Does it come from people perceiving how Sturridge was managed back from injury?

Sturridge has started all the key games in the last month and did well.

Look at his goal last night, I don't care if he runs 6kph on average slower than others, it's his ability on the ball and strike rate I care about.

We should be building around him, not trying to sell him.

8-10 wrote: »

It's the same people who think that Pacheco, Shelvey and Suso were not given a fair chance at the club.

murpho999 wrote: »
    It's the same people who think that Pacheco, Shelvey and Suso were not given a fair chance at the club.

And Teixeira.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

They are all the same people as well (not), Klopp isn't going to discard 20m just like that. he'll give him the summer at least.

Next season will be incredibly tough too, I think. For one, we're not the only side aiming to improve without European football - Chelsea are in the same boat. Plus, City, United, etc will add in an effort to push on. And we can criticise them as much as we like for having poor seasons, etc but they still finished ahead of us. As did Southampton, West Ham, etc. so repeating 13/14 is going to be extremely tough.

Also not having a player even close to the quality of Luis Suarez.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Rodgers dropped £20m on Markovic and gave him one season, where he played the majority of his time out of position as a wing back.

I'd reckon Klopp would be willing to give him a chance to show his worth before dumping him.

Very different to Shelvey & Suso.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement