Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Talisman wrote: »
    Not at all, he's an organiser and will sort out the left side of the defence. Koln play a counter attacking system, he offers an overlap when they break forward. He's the left back for the German national team and has been criticised for not being attack minded enough.

Spare a thought for Clyne and Lovren they might have to start learning some German - might be easier than expecting Karius, Matip and Hector to start organising the defence using English. :)
    So a better defender and attacking outlet on the left?

You might want to switch off the sound, who the hell picks such sh!te music (says the auld fella)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd honestly be worried if we didn't sort out the defense and midfield during the summer we will always score goals it's the stopping the goals against is our major issue.

We needs to sign a captain as well.

Does anyone know if Matip does have leadership in him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

https://twitter.com/daveockop/status/734072753737863168

Steven Gerrard and wife Alex are homesick and set to quit the US. Gerrard is said to have been offered a coaching at Anfield. (Mirror)

Silly season maybe?

tumblr_mcbpyr1zjj1riiw1do1_250.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

and wife Alex are homesick and set to quit the US.

I would have thought there would be plenty of gangster length around LA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I'd honestly be worried if we didn't sort out the defense and midfield during the summer we will always score goals it's the stopping the goals against is our major issue.

We needs to sign a captain as well.

Does anyone know if Matip does have leadership in him?

I think Matip as captain would be a big slap in Milners face, he's been very good when Henderson has been injured.

Vicxas wrote: »
    I think Matip as captain would be a big slap in Milners face, he's been very good when Henderson has been injured.

If Milner is a first choice starter next season something went wrong in the summer transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Vicxas wrote: »

If Milner is a first choice starter next season something went wrong in the summer transfers.
    Don't forget his amount of assists this season. I think he does a good job out wide, tracks back, and runs for Clare too. Can't see Klopp dropping him soon.

I want more emphasis on defense and a goalie. A CM would be great too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Don't forget his amount of assists this season. I think he does a good job out wide, tracks back, and runs for Clare too. Can't see Klopp dropping him soon.

I want more emphasis on defense and a goalie. A CM would be great too.

In a perfect world he'd be a wonderful squad player to have. I think he'll start next season as first choice but the lads we bring in will hopefully take his spot in the first 11 over the course of the season. It wouldn't surprise me if the team that finishes next season is very different to the one that starts it. Klopp has an amazing record of developing players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Well if the news BBC are reporting is true then no manager is suit to a club then Jose to the Reds of Salford :pac:

• Advertisement

Good he will be gone in 3 seasons and have left them in tatters just like ever club he has been at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Well if the news BBC are reporting is true then no manager is suit to a club then Jose to the Reds of Salford :pac:

Bless /\/\

Nalz wrote: »
    Bless /\/\

lol your team just won a cup and your reading the thread of another team lol :eek::P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

lol your team just won a cup and your reading the thread of another team lol :eek::P

Glorious,isn't it? And they call us obsessed...you couldn't make it up.

Glorious,isn't it? And they call us obsessed...you couldn't make it up.

Well Liverpool are not the set of fans who spend most of there game singing about other teams :eek::pac::D

• Well Liverpool are not the set of fans who spend most of there game singing about other teams :eek::pac::D

Lol hypocrite much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Well Liverpool are not the set of fans who spend most of there game singing about other teams :eek::pac::D

Well when you have to watch the boring tripe they play week in week out you'd want to sing about anything else really.

Sure it's called the theatre of dreams because most of them are asleep watching the games these days.

;)

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Lol hypocrite much

Are you having a stroke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Spare a thought for Clyne and Lovren they might have to start learning some German - might be easier than expecting Karius, Matip and Hector to start organising the defence using English. :)

Eh what? Lovren grew up in Germany, he spoke German before he learned Croatian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

So a better defender and attacking outlet on the left?
    I wouldn't say he's a better attacking outlet on the left. Highlight videos can be deceptive as he has also played in central midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

8-10 wrote: »
    Just Clyne to worry about then. Case closed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

It's not been a good week. Fair play to Utd I thought they handled the sending off very well and deserved the win. I have to say I'm really looking forward to next season when Klopp has a full pre-season and a few of his won signings to work with. Utd will be stronger, so will City, Chelsea for sure, Leicester, Arsenal & Spurs who knows? It should be a cracker of a season next year. Just a real shame we didn't win Europa, we left it behind us.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Lol hypocrite much

Eh?

I wouldn't say he's a better attacking outlet on the left. Highlight videos can be deceptive as he has also played in central midfield.

When we have a proper winger in the team we won't need the full backs to be so gung ho anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

Why the smug "er what", you knew a little fact about Lovren, good for you

Mario about to come on in the Italian Cup Final 20 mins until a pen shoot out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

United fans getting their plums out and pulling them over Jose, I suspect they are in for a really nasty shock when he implodes again.

Hopefully it will be carnage.

Juan8 wrote: »
    Why the smug "er what", you knew a little fact about Lovren, good for you

Thanks. And now you know! His family were refugees in Munich there was a story about him hanging out at Bayern's training ground everyday as a kid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Mario about to come on in the Italian Cup Final 20 mins until a pen shoot out

Did he bang one in after disrespectfully assuming the ball from the hands of his captain?

• Advertisement

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Did he bang one in after disrespectfully assuming the ball from the hands of his captain?

No extra time still being played going into HT of extra time now still waiting to come on

ebbsy wrote: »
    United fans getting their plums out and pulling them over Jose, I suspect they are in for a really nasty shock when he implodes again.

Hopefully it will be carnage.

They were doing plenty of talking about Klopp's last season at Dortmund the other night while conveniently forgetting about where Chelsea were when Mourinho was sacked.

fyfe79 wrote: »

That was moment Henderson should have been stripped of the captaincy because he showed he wasn't up to the job.

They were doing plenty of talking about Klopp's last season at Dortmund the other night while conveniently forgetting about where Chelsea were when Mourinho was sacked.

In fairness their fans have every right to be excited about getting Jose. Ibra will follow and then it'll be no joke. I'm not too happy with these proceedings at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Our main man Mario Balotelli has just come on in Italian Cup final. 10 minutes to go in extra-time, Morata just put Juve 1-0 up.

Ahh well Juve has scored cant see pens now Milan have gotten into good positions but poor final ball

• Advertisement

In fairness their fans have every right to be excited about getting Jose. Ibra will follow and then it'll be no joke. I'm not too happy with these proceedings at all.

The Chelsea players downed tools and stopped playing for him. He hasn't got the same power he had a few years ago. Can't see Ibra joining them either and even if he does he won't be able for the rigours of the premier league. It'll be Sweinsteiger part 2.

Better stop talking about them I suppose...I wouldn't want anyone thinking I was a hypocrite much,lol.

Whatever about the lads on here, but it hasn't been the same since Ferguson retired. Gonna be nice to properly hate them again.

Football not-friends 4eva <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I came in to my teams rivals team thread on boards to see what was being said after their rivals won the FA cup... but yeah lol :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

That was moment Henderson should have been stripped of the captaincy because he showed he wasn't up to the job.

In fairness, Henderson shouldn't have been near taking the penalty and while it showed a lack of judgement and leadership he done well to not escalate it.......the way Mario is they could have ended up wrestling for the ball on the penalty spot......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I came in to my teams rivals team thread on boards to see what was being said after their rivals won the FA cup... but yeah lol :)

0eb47a2545fc4a6b664e55b37a3d2f2a.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Our main man Mario Balotelli has just come on in Italian Cup final. 10 minutes to go in extra-time, Morata just put Juve 1-0 up.

The curtain falls on yet another woeful season for the Italian. Is Mario the ultimate anti-moneyball type player? Amazing to think a 25 year old can be such a useless, washed-up waste of space. If there's ever a player that has stolen a living - it's Mario Balotelli for the last few years.

Soooo, citytillidie was absolutely bang on the money, then? Glad we've that cleared up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Really think we'll have a job shifting him this summer, how long is left on his contract, 3yrs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Coming in to see what LFC fans thought of a cup win?.......i mean, yea United won it, I had no strong feeling either way....

Almost as bad as Arsenal fans coming in and saying thanks to us when we beat Leceister because they thought they would win the league, only to finish the season 10 points behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

NukaCola wrote: »
    Coming in to see what LFC fans thought of a cup win?.......i mean, yea United won it, I had no strong feeling either way....

Almost as bad as Arsenal fans coming in and saying thanks to us when we beat Leceister because they thought they would win the league, only to finish the season 10 points behind them.

I watched the game cas it was a cup final. Couldn't care less about the teams but have watched the final every year now for over 25 years. If we were in it, that would be a different matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ah Arsenal fans, they really do it to themselves, don't they? I really hope with Jose coming in the United fans up their digs game, their banter hasn't been as witty since Ferguson retired.

The curtain falls on yet another woeful season for the Italian. Is Mario the ultimate anti-moneyball type player? Amazing to think a 25 year old can be such a useless, washed-up waste of space. If there's ever a player that has stolen a living - it's Mario Balotelli for the last few years.

a72c6e8a95a44262baba6e291a5bf27e.png

Funny watching guys that have slated Mourinhio over the years now faux delighted he's there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Ah come on now, give them their day. Europa League is in the bag - a good season for the Manchester reds all in all.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement