Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ah come on now, give them their day. Europa League is in the bag - a good season for the Manchester reds all in all.

Someday they might even become the best club in their town. For any of them reading this, I can tell you all it really feels pretty nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Better stop talking about them I suppose...I wouldn't want anyone thinking I was a hypocrite much,lol.

There was wasn't a word about them on this thread today, and one comment about Jose and they're in.

Which is amazing considering half of them post in their superthread during matches because they can't handle match threads when their team is shyte, the Lindegaard's of the soccer forum fittingly enough.

Now regular Europa Cup contestants like ourselves, celebrating FA Cup wins, a competition they turned their noses up at before, and going for, what even fans of his admit is a classless manager who leaves clubs in tatters and doesn't care about young players. The United way is officially dead. Maybe Klopp and Someone knew it and that's why they turned them down.

Seriously, Moyes, LVG and now Mourinho. They've ballsed up 2 appointments, this one could be spectacular if it starts of poor for him.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Speaking of which, how much money did we got for the run in the Europa League? Must be a good few million. I know it's nothing compared to the Champions League but silver lining and all that. Money for transfers at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

K-9 wrote: »
    Better stop talking about them I suppose...I wouldn't want anyone thinking I was a hypocrite much,lol.

There was wasn't a word about them on this thread today, and one comment about Jose and they're in.

Which is amazing considering half of them post in their superthread during matches because they can't handle match threads when their team is shyte, the Lindegaard's of the soccer forum fittingly enough.

Now regular Europa Cup contestants like ourselves, celebrating FA Cup wins, a competition they turned their noses up at before, and going for, what even fans of his admit is a classless manager who leaves clubs in tatters and doesn't care about young players. The United way is officially dead. Maybe Klopp and Someone knew it and that's why they turned them down.

Seriously, Moyes, LVG and now Mourinho. They've ballsed up 2 appointments, this one could be spectacular if it starts of poor for him.

That's a fair point. Jose will gut those young players and not give them a chance. At least LVG was giving them a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Speaking of which, how much money did we got for the run in the Europa League? Must be a good few million. I know it's nothing compared to the Champions League but silver lining and all that. Money for transfers at least.

It used to be about equivalent to QF of champions leauge if i remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/steven-gerrard-wife-alex-set-8019651

''Steven Gerrard and wife Alex are homosapians and are set to quit the US of the Americans. Gerrard is said to have been offered a poaching role at an Anfield kitchen next to Mona Nemmer a nutritionist who was a former member of Bayern Munichs backroom staff ''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Crotone who will be in Serie A for the first time in there history are looking to sign Mario I say we give him to them for free as congratulations for making it to the big show.

The thing is that it'll start pretty well, it always does for Mourinho, they might even win the Johnstone's Paint Trophy of Europe (their words, not mine).

It's the second or third season I'm looking forward to, when he alienates half the dressing room, the players down tools and the entire British media absolutely crucify him for it. Waiting for Mourinho to ruin a team is a fun game to play, it's just a long-term one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

About 11 million euro in prize money plus a share of the tv money. Couldnt find figures for tv money but prize money breaks down as:

2.5 million for being in group stage, bonuses for 2 wins (360k x2) and 4 draws (120k x4)
    Bonus of 500k for topping group.
    500k for round of 32
    750k for round of 16
    1 mil for quarters
    1.5 mil for semis
    3.5 mil for losing final (winners get 6.5)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Did their poster boy ex player say he would hate to see United being happy finishing 4th and winning an FA Cup, saying that is what Arsenal do :eek::P:D

ceegee wrote: »
    About 11 million euro in prize money plus a share of the tv money. Couldnt find figures for tv money but prize money breaks down as:

2.5 million for being in group stage, bonuses for 2 wins (360k x2) and 4 draws (120k x4)
    500k for round of 32
    750k for round of 16
    1 mil for quarters
    1.5 mil for semis

I'd imagine the tv money would make up most of the total money, a welcome addition seeing as i don't expect us to sell 50m+ worth of players this summer like we have done the last two summers.

Thanks for some great times everyone and for giving us such an amazing farewell! Liverpool will forever be in our hearts and memories 💕⭐️💋👌

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFmE99GHXl4/

I'd imagine the tv money would make up most of the total money, a welcome addition seeing as i don't expect us to sell 50m+ worth of players this summer like we have done the last two summers.

Total tv money is 150, so probably looking at maybe 8-10 million, although thats pure guesswork on my part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

500k for round of 32
    750k for round of 16
    1 mil for quarters
    1.5 mil for semis

TV money for the Europa is pretty good, the year Chelsea won it they earned more than any English teams in the CL.

Enrique control pad would have been a better option than Moreno on Thursday

I wish Skrtel the best, although his game has went to pot at an alarming rate in the past couple of years he put in many a fine shift for us throughout his years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

No offence mate, but so much of this ranges from one-eyed nonsense to actual lies. They didn't turn their noses up to the FA Cup. Ever. Show me a club that Mourinho has left in tatters. He leaves acrimoniously, but never with a team of bad players for the next manager. Oh, and he usually wins a title or two along the way. And give up with this United/Liverpool way bollocks. That is misty-eyed nostalgia that means nothing in the hyper-global mega corp of English football in 2016. Also, this is United's first post Fergie season where we start off in the Europa league. So regular Europa contestants is a serious stretch. By your understanding of trends we are now regular FA Cup winners. Which is nice.

You usually seem a fairly level headed poster, but this Mourinho stuff seems to be giving some of you guys the vapours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mourinho must feel like a right tit after his embarrassing audition for the United job failed only to have them come begging for him a few years later. Wonder if Guardiola will break him again? I'm already looking forward to year 3.

Lukker- wrote: »
    TV money for the Europa is pretty good, the year Chelsea won it they earned more than any English teams in the CL.

But Chelsea won after already being in the group stage of CL. Arsenal and United got knocked out in the round of 16 so they only played 2 CL games more than Chelsea, who had 7 EL games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The media are rubbing their hands together. Weekly insults to opposition managers, those are headlines that write themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

But Chelsea won after already being in the group stage of CL. Arsenal and United got knocked out in the round of 16 so they only played 2 CL games more than Chelsea, who had 7 EL games.

TV money for the Europa League is more this season with BT paying so much.

Then there is only split between 3 teams Liverpool, Spurs and Man Utd

Utd played 4 games
    Spurs played 10 games
    Liverpool 15 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

0eb47a2545fc4a6b664e55b37a3d2f2a.jpg

Awh... and 8 likes too!

Was just saying it isn't a crime to post in here :)

corwill wrote: »
    Soooo, citytillidie was absolutely bang on the money, then? Glad we've that cleared up.

Yep he's right. I checked my teams rival thread and commented after winning the fa cup. Such a laugh out loud!!

TV money for the Europa League is more this season with BT paying so much.

Then there is only split between 3 teams Liverpool, Spurs and Man Utd

Utd played 4 games
    Spurs played 10 games
    Liverpool 15 games

It seems to be around the 22m mark, i think that's all in.
    CL winners stand to make around the 80m so that seems about right?

Nice pick up all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Can we keep him guys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Best of luck to skittles. He'll do well over in Turkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Mourinho must feel like a right tit after his embarrassing audition for the United job failed only to have them come begging for him a few years later.

The guy went back to Chelsea after being turfed out, and will go back again whenever it suits, I'm sure he's used to it by now....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

If reports are true about Skrtel that's the first time this year he's read a situation well and acted decisively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Can we keep him guys?

Is he house trained?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

No offence mate, but so much of this ranges from one-eyed nonsense to actual lies. They didn't turn their noses up to the FA Cup. Ever. Show me a club that Mourinho has left in tatters. He leaves acrimoniously, but never with a team of bad players for the next manager. Oh, and he usually wins a title or two along the way. And give up with this United/Liverpool way bollocks. That is misty-eyed nostalgia that means nothing in the hyper-global mega corp of English football in 2016. Also, this is United's first post Fergie season where we start off in the Europa league. So regular Europa contestants is a serious stretch. By your understanding of trends we are now regular FA Cup winners. Which is nice.

You usually seem a fairly level headed poster, but this Mourinho stuff seems to be giving some of you guys the vapours.

When he said regular europa league competitors like ourselves, he meant Liverpool obviously. I assume you misread and misjudged his entire post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Nalz wrote: »
    I came in to my teams rivals team thread on boards to see what was being said after their rivals won the FA cup... but yeah lol :)

Had we won the Europa league on wednesday the thought would never have even crossed my mind to enter the Utd thread for any reason whatsoever!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Eh. ye boycotted the Fa cup to go play the FIFA world club championship. A move that many people attribute as the beginning of fall from grace of the competition itself. If you're gonna come in here and make bold statements, with.full.stops.for.dramatic.effect, at least know your history and make factual statements. It's tiresome having to constantly correct you ill educated utd fans. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,467 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

as much as I slag Liverpool there's no way they're interested in Shane Long which they are according to the independent.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/liverpool-ready-to-do-battle-with-leicester-for-shane-long-34735770.html

13 goals in 32 games...thats' crap for a striker no matter what way you look at it and besides he's 29. This is his best season so that's not really saying much.

Shane Longs a decent player, but nothing we dont already have.......cant think of a single reason that we'd go for him but the rumours never seem to go away...

"Those close to the situation feel it would take a bid of at least £25m to even tempt Southampton"

That price for a 29 year old Shane Long is beyond comprehension....

mormank wrote: »
    Had we won the Europa league on wednesday the thought would never have even crossed my mind to enter the Utd thread for any reason whatsoever!!

I suppose that makes you a better poster or member of the boards community? I watched on Facebook ( which I hardly ever use these days so probably missed half of it ) as Liverpool fans changed their profile pics to an Eagle or the Palace crest... Muppet fans in work on a wind up about how United missed out on 4th.... most of it was banter etc.

I frequently read the Liverpool and other team threads. I don't mind Liverpool as a club at all actually. There's other clubs higher up on my no likey list :) I saw the "Salford" comment and I replied with "bless". Then the you're in our thread after winning something lol kinda posts comes out, armed with the 5 or 10 we've got your back thanks.

I replied a tiny bit cheekily to a tiny cheeky comment in the Liverpool thread that a frequently read after united winning something. No harm. If it made you guys lol then cool :) hopefully this post makes you smile too. I know I'm smiling right now.

An upcoming transfer window wouldn't be complete without a shame long link.

We have Ings and Origi. Need need for a long type player unless we are shipping one of those out which I'd be certain we are not.

Benteke will go and perhaps a higher calibre of player to replace him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Nalz wrote: »
    I suppose ...

giphy.gif

5starpool wrote: »
    When he said regular europa league competitors like ourselves, he meant Liverpool obviously. I assume you misread and misjudged his entire post.

He is saying that United are regular Europa league competitors. I don't see how what you said fits into that sentence at all. And how have I misjudged the post? Take the Pool glasses off for two minutes, read it again and point out to me what isn't a bitterly slanted opinion

@mormank: United did not boycott the FA Cup. They were strongly encouraged by the FA and the British Government to take a year out in order to attend the World Club Cup, which they believed would help with a world cup bid for England. But I don't expect you to know that because internet point scoring > actual facts.

corwill wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Yes!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What the hell is going on its like boggles is still on this forum

The Mail (yes) is reporting that Klopp is after Niklas Sule at centre back.

So the FA Cup has now become the best thing ever? United always loved it and to win it is such an achievement United fans want to see what everyones talking about, and if anyone says anything negative we'll all get a lecture about how wrong we are and how our fans were cheering for Crystal Palace so we deserve stick back.....this despite the fact that there was maybe 2/3 posts in this thread about it that were immediately jumped on...

I thought the post EL final hate was bad.......

What the hell is going on its like boggles is still on this forum

Haven't read that name in a long time....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,673 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

NukaCola wrote: »
    So the FA Cup has now become the best thing ever? United always loved it and to win it is such an achievement United fans want to see what everyones talking about, and if anyone says anything negative we'll all get a lecture about how wrong we are and how our fans were cheering for Crystal Palace so we deserve stick back.....this despite the fact that there was maybe 2/3 posts in this thread about it that were immediately jumped on...

I thought the post EL final hate was bad.......

The FA cup is football's equivalent of the Eurovision Song Contest. Everyone cares about it until they can't win it and then complains that who ever won it is overplaying it's importance.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

The FA cup is football's equivalent of the Eurovision Song Contest. Everyone cares about it until they can't win it and then complains that who ever won it is overplaying it's importance.

I watch it when Liverpool are in it, its a good comp to win, it just wouldn't compel me to see what everyone thinks about if we won it......i'm not complaining about fans celebrating winning it, it just seems weird to me that posters want to come into a different teams thread drop a few snarky comments and derail the thread....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mormank wrote: »

As the final whistle was going yesterday (the posts were up within a minute) ,3 or 4 utd fans I'm friends with on facebook had posted about Liverpool. It's odd that its the first thing they think of.

NukaCola wrote: »
    I watch it when Liverpool are in it, its a good comp to win, it just wouldn't compel me to see what everyone thinks about if we won it......i'm not complaining about fans celebrating winning it, it just seems weird to me that posters want to come into a different teams thread drop a few snarky comments and derail the thread....

Just for the record, I'm not derailing any threads. I responded to a comment from a Liverpool fan about United which I believed to be wildly misinformed. No "liverpool r shyte" bollocks or anything remotely tribalistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Just for the record, I'm not derailing any threads. I responded to a comment from a Liverpool fan about United which I believed to be wildly misinformed. No "liverpool r shyte" bollocks or anything remotely tribalistic.

So, we're done here?

Thanks for stopping by.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement