Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

The Chelsea players downed tools and stopped playing for him. He hasn't got the same power he had a few years ago. Can't see Ibra joining them either and even if he does he won't be able for the rigours of the premier league. It'll be Sweinsteiger part 2.

Hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

corwill wrote: »
    So, we're done here?

Thanks for stopping by.

Ah sure I'll have to stop by again. Up the quality of posting and all that. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Crotone who will be in Serie A for the first time in there history are looking to sign Mario I say we give him to them for free as congratulations for making it to the big show.
    I agree.

A free transfer to them would be the cheapest outcome for transferring anyone to an Italian team.

Unless we also have to pay half his wages for infinity.

Again:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I suppose he'll bring them a massive amount of publicity and he might even score a goal or two but at this point I just want him gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Nalz wrote: »
    I suppose that makes you a better poster or member of the boards community? I watched on Facebook ( which I hardly ever use these days so probably missed half of it ) as Liverpool fans changed their profile pics to an Eagle or the Palace crest... Muppet fans in work on a wind up about how United missed out on 4th.... most of it was banter etc.

I frequently read the Liverpool and other team threads. I don't mind Liverpool as a club at all actually. There's other clubs higher up on my no likey list :) I saw the "Salford" comment and I replied with "bless". Then the you're in our thread after winning something lol kinda posts comes out, armed with the 5 or 10 we've got your back thanks.

I replied a tiny bit cheekily to a tiny cheeky comment in the Liverpool thread that a frequently read after united winning something. No harm. If it made you guys lol then cool :) hopefully this post makes you smile too. I know I'm smiling right now.

What an interesting story. Now can you go away please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I agree.

A free transfer to them would be the cheapest outcome for transferring anyone to an Italian team.

Unless we also have to pay half his wages for infinity.

Again:mad:

Why we do any sort of business with any Italian clubs is beyond me. Rarely ends well.

Now that we've been told how it is its time for breakfast.

Porridge and toast it is and read the guardian!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Why we do any sort of business with any Italian clubs is beyond me. Rarely ends well.

One of these days, we're going to wake up and find we've signed Andrea Silenzi.

Getting back to Mario, as I understand it, the TC gave Rodgers the choice of Mario, Etoo on a free, or no-one, in terms of a striker signing when Sanchez signed for Arse. Why did he go with the 3rd worst option? He should have said "**** you, no-one it is" and rolled the dice with Sinclair, and maybe Ojo, from the young lads. Etoo on a free would have been just as useless as Mario in concrete terms, but without the inevitable whirlwind of scutter and the price tag.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Now that we've been told how it is its time for breakfast.

Porridge and toast it is and read the guardian!

Weetabix, oj, two slices of toast w marmalade, pain au choclat, mug-and-a-half of coffee.

corwill wrote: »
    Weetabix, oj, two slices of toast w marmalade, pain au choclat, mug-and-a-half of coffee.

Mug and a half? What's this lunacy? Have 2 ffs. It's Sunday...go mad. :)

• Advertisement

Mug and a half? What's this lunacy? Have 2 ffs. It's Sunday...go mad. :)

I never ever, never ever, get the amounts right in that ****ing cafetiere. That sort of detailed measuring and judgement of quantity would require that I already had 2 coffees inside me...

Coutinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

NukaCola wrote: »
    I watch it when Liverpool are in it, its a good comp to win, it just wouldn't compel me to see what everyone thinks about if we won it......i'm not complaining about fans celebrating winning it, it just seems weird to me that posters want to come into a different teams thread drop a few snarky comments and derail the thread....

They do it cos they get away with it. Quite the contrast to what happened to posters doing similar after we knocked them out of the EL.

'Rarely'

Turtyturd wrote: »
    They do it cos they get away with it. Quite the contrast to what happened to posters doing similar after we knocked them out of the EL.

When you're running a numbers business into the ground, quantity over quality can appear to make sense.

'Rarely'

"Why we do any.."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

I know for one that Liverpool are involved with funding a large regeneration plan for the Anfield area as part of the new stand development.

Careful,Turty...he thinks you're "pondscum".

Careful,Turty...he thinks you're "pondscum".

What gives you that idea?
    Please don't share your guesswork regarding my thoughts unless you clarify at the time it is guesswork.

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    What gives you that idea?
    Please don't share your guesswork regarding my thoughts unless you clarify at the time it is guesswork.

I'll share what I want,thanks.

I'm not getting into another debate with you today because it's boring for everyone else.

Fowler87 wrote: »
    I know for one that Liverpool are involved with funding a large regeneration plan for the Anfield area as part of the new stand development.

Did you mean to post this in the "What do clubs do for society?" thread or whatever it's called?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Transfer silly season is always here but this one is good.

£14m for Drinkwater.

Leicester to become our new Southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Moreno looks like he's just been filming a Thriller tribute.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'd prefer if they didn't appoint Mourinho, but at least I don't have to consider changing a long held view on him or the club anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Transfer silly season is always here but this one is good.

£14m for Drinkwater.

Leicester to become our new Southampton.

No, no no no no no

Please no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Mourinho must feel like a right tit after his embarrassing audition for the United job failed only to have them come begging for him a few years later. Wonder if Guardiola will break him again? I'm already looking forward to year 3.

In fairness, this was clearly the job he craved all along. Chelsea was a stepping stone. It'll be interesting how he gets on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Stars are aligning for a great season this year. One proven striker and we will compete for top 2 spots. We are in no need of rebuilding , no European football , major plus for a title shot. Its funny to see United go for another non football playing manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Grayditch wrote: »
    The media are rubbing their hands together. Weekly insults to opposition managers, those are headlines that write themselves.

Just praying that Klopp gets an early win over Mourinho to take the upper hand, I think Mourinio leading United to victory over us could be comparably sickening to last Wednesday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

5starpool wrote: »
    I'd prefer if they didn't appoint Mourinho, but at least I don't have to consider changing a long held view on him or the club anyhow.

Careful watch what you say

If we sign Gotze that would be some coup he has won the last 5 Bundesliga's along with a load of cups and scored the winning goal in a World Cup final all before he turns 24.

I'd love to see it done before the Euro's start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

garra wrote: »
    Just praying that Klopp gets an early win over Mourinho to take the upper hand, I think Mourinio leading United to victory over us could be comparably sickening to last Wednesday night.

Mourinho is what he is to me, his Man U team beating Liverpool would be no worse than his Chelsea team beating Liverpool.

Man U appointing him is a no brainer despite the club and their fans pretending they have standards in how they behave. Bobby Charlton's opinion has been rightly deemed irrelevent by the club.

In terms of the league overall, lads we have a world class manager in Jurgen Klopp to rival Guardiola, Mourinho and Conte. I'm more interested and excited about our future than how rivals will get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

If we sign Gotze that would be some coup he has won the last 5 Bundesliga's along with a load of cups and scored the winning goal in a World Cup final all before he turns 24.

I'd love to see it done before the Euro's start.

If we sign him before the Euros he's sure to shatter his glass legs in France. I'm hoping we agree a deal but wait till after the Euros to finalise, that way we might get 4.6 games out of him first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Mourinho is going to leave them in a heap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ush wrote: »
    Mourinho is going to leave them in a heap.

Probably in three year's time though. Between now and then every chance he wins the league and makes a run at the CL.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Probably in three year's time though. Between now and then every chance he wins the league and makes a run at the CL EL.

fyp ;)

fyp ;)

Well he might win both! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

United are like an aul lad who just got a new trophy wife. Yeah, he'll be getting Dat Ass for a while, but.. I'm not going for teary beers with them when it all comes down.

I'd more worried about us getting in the right player than what Utd do tbh.

If we don't sort out our defence especially it matters little what rivals do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

sell everyone in red

GK - Karius, Mignolet, Ward
    Rb- -Clyne, flanagan
    LB - Hector\cresswell, moreno
    CB - Matip, Lovren, Toure, Gomes, Sakho(year ban)
    CM - Milner, Can, henderson, Lucas, Allen, Grujic, Zielinski, stewart
    Wingers - ojo, ibe, Markovic, Milner (rw)
    AM - Coutinho, Goetze, Firmino, Lallanna
    CF - Sturridge, origi, ings, Beneteke,ballotelli, Firmino(aux)

I think we are looking good for (top 4 finish) next year. once we get all the transfers complete before the euros.
    • I think cresswell\Hector will be our left back upgrade.
    • Matip will add some metal and goals from our centre back.
    • Karius is an upgrade on mignolet.
    • Goetze is an upgrade on lalanna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Paulo Dybala reminds me of Suarez , we would win league with him. Wissam Ben Yedder is another I like, we need to step up and pay up for a person who can shoot us to league titles. Its way cheaper than buying 150 million worth of bench warmers.
    We need to break our transfer record and show intent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Surprised Klopp has never been linked with Cavani, seems like his type of striker, never stops running and presses well. Can score too. His stock has also fallen since playing second fiddle to Ibra at PSG!

Bowlardo wrote: »
    sell everyone in red

GK - Karius, Mignolet, Ward
    Rb- -Clyne, flanagan
    LB - Hector\cresswell, moreno
    CB - Matip, Lovren, Toure, Gomes, Sakho(year ban)
    CM - Milner, Can, henderson, Lucas, Allen, Grujic, Zielinski, stewart
    Wingers - ojo, ibe, Markovic, Milner (rw)
    AM - Coutinho, Goetze, Firmino, Lallanna
    CF - Sturridge, origi, ings, Beneteke,ballotelli, Firmino(aux)

I think we are looking good for (top 4 finish) next year. once we get all the transfers complete before the euros.
    • I think cresswell\Hector will be our left back upgrade.
    • Matip will add some metal and goals from our centre back.
    • Karius is an upgrade on mignolet.
    • Goetze is an upgrade on lalanna.

Not sure why we would sell both Lucas and Allen tbh

Not sure why we would sell both Lucas and Allen tbh

I'd keep them both tbh. Allen has done well under Klopp and Lucas has much needed experience, something we completely lacked in the final last week.

Always found Cavani to be overrated. Has never impressed when I have seen him, which admittedly isn't a huge amount. Still get a good laugh at the geniuses on here who tried to say he was better than Suarez.

Well he might win both! :eek:

There is as much chance of him being gone before they get CL football. 😛

I think Lucas would be happy enough being a squad player now and if his family are settled in Liverpool that might suit him.

Allen I think would want regular first team football now at his age that's why I think he would move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

I suppose that makes you a better poster or member of the boards community? I watched on Facebook ( which I hardly ever use these days so probably missed half of it ) as Liverpool fans changed their profile pics to an Eagle or the Palace crest... Muppet fans in work on a wind up about how United missed out on 4th.... most of it was banter etc.

I frequently read the Liverpool and other team threads. I don't mind Liverpool as a club at all actually. There's other clubs higher up on my no likey list :) I saw the "Salford" comment and I replied with "bless". Then the you're in our thread after winning something lol kinda posts comes out, armed with the 5 or 10 we've got your back thanks.

I replied a tiny bit cheekily to a tiny cheeky comment in the Liverpool thread that a frequently read after united winning something. No harm. If it made you guys lol then cool :) hopefully this post makes you smile too. I know I'm smiling right now.

Don't think it makes me anything, just a real fan of my team I guess, not a plastic supporter! :rolleyes:

Good you're smiling, that's something at least. No harm, I have no beef with you as such, I just don't think I have ever been in the Utd thread and don't see a reason why I would ever go in there win, lose or draw. Yet we get Utd fans over here constantly. Now maybe ye get Pool fans over there too, I simply wouldn't know as I've never been there.

It's like if you decided to gatecrash a woman's book club, I'm sure legally there is nothing they can do to stop you going in this overly PC world we live in but nobody wants you there. You could be the nicest man on the planet but you would still not be welcome. :confused:

He is saying that United are regular Europa league competitors. I don't see how what you said fits into that sentence at all. And how have I misjudged the post? Take the Pool glasses off for two minutes, read it again and point out to me what isn't a bitterly slanted opinion

@mormank: United did not boycott the FA Cup. They were strongly encouraged by the FA and the British Government to take a year out in order to attend the World Club Cup, which they believed would help with a world cup bid for England. But I don't expect you to know that because internet point scoring > actual facts.

Sure, they might have taken advice from anyone, doesn't change the FACT that Utd botcotted the Fa Cup now does it? :) Plus I was replying to a more stereotypical Utd fan than yourself, maybe you read the post, where he denied Utd ever having turned their noses up at the Fa cup.Ever.

• Advertisement

The FA cup is football's equivalent of the Eurovision Song Contest. Everyone cares about it until they can't win it and then complains that who ever won it is overplaying it's importance.

Eh, I genuinely don't care about the Eurovision song contest! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement