Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Paulo Dybala reminds me of Suarez , we would win league with him. Wissam Ben Yedder is another I like, we need to step up and pay up for a person who can shoot us to league titles. Its way cheaper than buying 150 million worth of bench warmers.
    We need to break our transfer record and show intent.

Signing Dybala will cost you Suarez/Sterling money. It would be a phenomenal signing but you are looking at mega bucks there. Doesn't seem like the type of deal the hierarchy will sanction again after Carroll and Benteke both being bought and neither being successes. I think they would prefer a bunch of 20 million punts than splashing it all on one guy. What the fans want is likely something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bowlardo wrote: »
    sell everyone in red

GK - Karius, Mignolet, Ward
    Rb- -Clyne, flanagan
    LB - Hector\cresswell, moreno
    CB - Matip, Lovren, Toure, Gomes, Sakho(year ban)
    CM - Milner, Can, henderson, Lucas, Allen, Grujic, Zielinski, stewart
    Wingers - ojo, ibe, Markovic, Milner (rw)
    AM - Coutinho, Goetze, Firmino, Lallanna
    CF - Sturridge, origi, ings, Beneteke,ballotelli, Firmino(aux)

Still not a very good squad tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Kirby wrote: »
    Signing Dybala will cost you Suarez/Sterling money. It would be a phenomenal signing but you are looking at mega bucks there. Doesn't seem like the type of deal the hierarchy will sanction again after Carroll and Benteke both being bought and neither being successes. I think they would prefer a bunch of 20 million punts than splashing it all on one guy. What the fans want is likely something different.

They seemed willing to spend on Sanchez 2 years ago, so hopefully they won't prove gun-shy if an opportunity presents itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

I'll share what I want,thanks.

I'm not getting into another debate with you today because it's boring for everyone else.

He shares what he wants,
    He shares what he wants,
    Keeeeerigooney, he shares what he wants!! :P

Paulo Dybala reminds me of Suarez , we would win league with him. Wissam Ben Yedder is another I like, we need to step up and pay up for a person who can shoot us to league titles. Its way cheaper than buying 150 million worth of bench warmers.
    We need to break our transfer record and show intent.

We didn't win the league with Suarez himself, what makes you think we could win it with a player that reminds you of him? Fwiw, I would love to sign Dybala, I said that before he moved to Juventus. I would also love for us to sign Niklas Sule, I think he is gonna be a fantastic CB in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

The FA cup is football's equivalent of the Eurovision Song Contest. Everyone cares about it until they can't win it and then complains that who ever won it is overplaying it's importance.

You've got that analogy the wrong way around. No one cares about it until they win it, only then does it then does it become important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

mormank wrote: »
    He shares what he wants,
    He shares what he wants,
    Keeeeerigooney, he shares what he wants!! :P

Haha. You bastard...that's gonna be stuck in my head now. :o:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

mormank wrote: »
    We didn't win the league with Suarez himself, what makes you think we could win it with a player that reminds you of him? Fwiw, I would love to sign Dybala, I said that before he moved to Juventus. I would also love for us to sign Niklas Sule, I think he is gonna be a fantastic CB in the future.

Will develop into a beast of a CB, but he's probably Mats Hummels' replacement at Dortmund if you believe the rumours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There is this lad Messi Vardy Next Big Thing at Barca Leicester Some Club I wouldn't mind signing I hear he is rated highly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Matip will miss some time for next season with the African Cup of Nations. Another reason why we need an extra CB, especially with Skrtel and Kolo going.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Johnathan tah of bayern leverkusen is being linked with us. A young german cb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

klopp,wenger,conte,pep,mourinho,mazzarri,ranieri,koeman.. everton after emery too .. be some line up of managerial talent in the prem next year,and sam allardyce and tony pulis

ricero wrote: »

Oh now I hope that link is solid what little I have seen of him I liked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Not sure why we would sell both Lucas and Allen tbh
    Aren't they both entering the final year of their contracts? This transfer window is the time to sell if the club wants a reasonable transfer fee for either player.

ricero wrote: »

Leno and Tah, ta... Would be a very nice duo to have.

Add some Dahoud to that too, though Gladbach would be quite hesitant to let him go now that Xhaka has joined Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Knex. wrote: »
    Matip will miss some time for next season with the African Cup of Nations. Another reason why we need an extra CB, especially with Skrtel and Kolo going.

Been left out of the next 2 qualifiers i believe. Apparently not feeling the Cameroon vibes. So maybe he wont have to go.

Glico Man wrote: »
    Will develop into a beast of a CB, but he's probably Mats Hummels' replacement at Dortmund if you believe the rumours.

Sounds about right, and if he is successful there he will probably replace Hummels at Munich in the future too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

No offence mate, but so much of this ranges from one-eyed nonsense to actual lies. They didn't turn their noses up to the FA Cup. Ever. Show me a club that Mourinho has left in tatters. He leaves acrimoniously, but never with a team of bad players for the next manager. Oh, and he usually wins a title or two along the way. And give up with this United/Liverpool way bollocks. That is misty-eyed nostalgia that means nothing in the hyper-global mega corp of English football in 2016. Also, this is United's first post Fergie season where we start off in the Europa league. So regular Europa contestants is a serious stretch. By your understanding of trends we are now regular FA Cup winners. Which is nice.

You usually seem a fairly level headed poster, but this Mourinho stuff seems to be giving some of you guys the vapours.

Look, it's Mourinho, I don't like him, plenty of reasons why not.

Obviously my post was a bit tongue in cheek but to see a club, any club, turn their noses up at Mourinho 3 years ago now take him on, well it says a lot. That it is United just makes it hilarious.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Stars are aligning for a great season this year. One proven striker and we will compete for top 2 spots. We are in no need of rebuilding , no European football , major plus for a title shot. Its funny to see United go for another non football playing manager.

You are fairly mental.
    Careful watch what you say

Meh. I have no problem stating that I really dislike Mourinho and really dislike Man Utd. Sadly this doesn't mean that he will be a failure but it would make it doubly sweet if he were. I expect them to be much better though.

If a utd fan want to post a lemon sucking gif then off they go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

K-9 wrote: »
    Look, it's Mourinho, I don't like him, plenty of reasons why not.

Obviously my post was a bit tongue in cheek but to see a club, any club, turn their noses up at Mourinho 3 years ago now take him on, well it says a lot. That it is United just makes it hilarious.

mourinho-eye-gouge-o.gif

There you go, there's the United Way, 2016-17 edition. Not even waiting for Bobby Charlton to get into his grave to start spinning in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

daithijjj wrote: »
    Been left out of the next 2 qualifiers i believe. Apparently not feeling the Cameroon vibes. So maybe he wont have to go.

Seems he's fallen out with the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Seems he's fallen out with the manager.

Great, Lovren and Matip, two Roy Keane style egos paired in CB.

The machine Suarez goes off injured :eek:

He never gets injured.

Our young Brazilian scores the winner against France in a warm up game.

Reminds me of someone.

https://twitter.com/AcademyLFC/status/734411938654982147?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

5starpool wrote: »
    You are fairly mental.

We nearly won title because we only had a game a week to play, its a shame to be out of Europe but I really believe next year we will go close. Man City look like they are giving Pepsi Granola an open cheque book, Chelsea need a revamp, United are back to square one again. If we start well this year we can challenge. A lot of rebuilding going on, we are fine, just need the obvious replacing.
    The second half of this season was huge improvement goal wise on first half, plus we played within ourselves in last few games due to the Europa Final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The machine Suarez goes off injured :eek:

He never gets injured.

The only other time I recall him being injured was when Dummett took him out two years ago.

Oddly, that was also his side's last game of the season.

martyos121 wrote: »
    The only other time I recall him being injured was when Dummett took him out two years ago.

Oddly, that was also his side's last game of the season.

Needs to get onto Jamie Vardy's dealer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Needs to get onto Jamie Vardy's dealer.

Bet his name is Pedro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

We nearly won title because we only had a game a week to play

They were a lot more factors than just having one game a week to be fair.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

NukaCola wrote: »
    They were a lot more factors than just having one game a week to be fair.....

1. Suarez
    2. Suarez
    3. Suarez
    4. Suarez
    5. Suarez
    6. Suarez
    7. Suarez............

Nice to see Sevilla on the wrong side of a full back bottling.

/spite

Leicester were certainly helped this season in final 3 or 4 months with only one comp to concentrate on.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Leicester were certainly helped this season in final 3 or 4 months with only one comp to concentrate on.

Spurs spurs'd the Europa vs Dortmund I think, then obviously spurs'd the league eventually.

Leicester had a lot of rest, which certainly helped their cause. Though they never really looked tired apart from a few early quick off matches. Even the final game vs Chelsea they gave it everything rather than take it easy. A lot of conditioning, fitness and stamina training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Our young Brazilian scores the winner against France in a warm up game.

Reminds me of someone.

https://twitter.com/AcademyLFC/status/734411938654982147?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Allan is the only one of the U20 squad playing in Europe. The talk is that he'll be joining another team (clubs in Holland Italy and Spain have expressed an interesst) next season rather than staying in Belgium. Its the second Brazil goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Nice to see Sevilla on the wrong side of a full back bottling.

/spite

In fairness it was a SUPER ball from Messi.

Escedero (sp) on the other hand is another Sevilla waste of space at LB.

• Advertisement

mosstin wrote: »
    1. Suarez
    2. Suarez
    3. Suarez
    4. Suarez
    5. Suarez
    6. Suarez
    7. Suarez............

Maybe this is tongue in cheek? but if not its so harsh to give all the credit to Suarez.

Coutinho/Sterling/Sturridge/Suarez were linking up and absolutely destroying teams going forward. Henderson running the Midfield, players like Flanagan coming in and putting in performances far above their level. Sturridge being fit for 29 games. A very decent start to the season, without Suarez.....was also vital, Gerrard scoring 13 goals from a deeper position, Skrtel scoring 7......

He had a big part to play but everything wasn't down to him.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Maybe this is tongue in cheek? but if not its so harsh to give all the credit to Suarez.

Coutinho/Sterling/Sturridge/Suarez were linking up and absolutely destroying teams going forward. Henderson running the Midfield, players like Flanagan coming in and putting in performances far above their level. Sturridge being fit for 29 games. A very decent start to the season, without Suarez.....was also vital, Gerrard scoring 13 goals from a deeper position, Skrtel scoring 7......

10 of them were from 12 yards I think.

Dortmund looking to bringing there Mario home.

Think we could give them our one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

To his credit, at his age it was a miracle that he had the mobility to make it that far up the pitch. The fact that he pushed himself forward for such treks is a testament to his character as a man and scoring those goals simply demonstrates his quality as a player.

Gerrard had 13 goals and 13 assists that season in 33 apps.Great return

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Ith wath mothly tongue in cheek, yeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Bowlardo wrote: »
    sell everyone in red

GK - Karius, Mignolet, Ward
    Rb- -Clyne, flanagan
    LB - Hector\cresswell, moreno
    CB - Matip, Lovren, Toure, Gomes, Sakho(year ban)
    CM - Milner, Can, henderson, Lucas, Allen, Grujic, Zielinski, stewart
    Wingers - ojo, ibe, Markovic, Milner (rw)
    AM - Coutinho, Goetze, Firmino, Lallanna
    CF - Sturridge, origi, ings, Beneteke,ballotelli, Firmino(aux)

I think we are looking good for (top 4 finish) next year. once we get all the transfers complete before the euros.
    • I think cresswell\Hector will be our left back upgrade.
    • Matip will add some metal and goals from our centre back.
    • Karius is an upgrade on mignolet.
    • Goetze is an upgrade on lalanna.
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Not sure why we would sell both Lucas and Allen tbh

Agreed.

Also Lallana not gonna be sold. He has been a regular under klopp & he appreciates his workrate

I forgot to add his 15 assists....but ya nearly all his goals were penalties not all won by Suarez either, my main point really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The people that think Suarez was the only reason we challenged in 13/14 are the same people who think Klopp should be sacked because we finished 8th in the league (yes they exsist) - both aren't worth listening to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

rob316 wrote: »
    The people that think Suarez was the only reason we challenged in 13/14 are the same people who think Klopp should be sacked because we finished 8th in the league (yes they exsist) - both aren't worth listening to.

Suarez was a huge part of that title push, but people forget all the other contributing factors. Some of our attacking play that season is the kind that will be unseen for many a year to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

rob316 wrote: »

Who the hell thinks that? Do they know anything about football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

xabi wrote: »

There's a lot that think they know everything, but their mouths are 90 miles ahead of their brains! :pac::pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Anyone else concerned a bit that with all these new and relatively young players coming into the squad that we'll have no/very few older heads to guide them next year? If the likes of Henderson, Lucas, Skrtel, Kolo go then its only Milner who's the experienced guy in the squad.
    We saw in the final that we'd no-one to settle the game and take the sting out of it. Who's going to be the leader next season that all the players look to?

xabi wrote: »

Whatever about being sacked, they would be more than a few who think Klopp is failing after his first 7 or so months at the club, not necessarily posters on boards......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Love that we are targeting all these young players from the Bundesliga. Klopp is planning on being at the club for a good number of years. If that doesn't make you feel positive for the future then there'll be no pleasing you whatever happens.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement