Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Anyone else concerned a bit that with all these new and relatively young players coming into the squad that we'll have no/very few older heads to guide them next year? If the likes of Henderson, Lucas, Skrtel, Kolo go then its only Milner who's the experienced guy in the squad.
    We saw in the final that we'd no-one to settle the game and take the sting out of it. Who's going to be the leader next season that all the players look to?

Was anyone looking to Skrtel, Lucas, Henderson, Kolo or Milner this season? So we're losing something we never had.
    The bigger issue is that they should need to look to someone at all. Fix what needs fixing, the natural leaders will emerge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

bur wrote: »
    Was anyone looking to Skrtel, Lucas, Henderson, Kolo or Milner this season? So we're losing something we never had.
    The bigger issue is that they should need to look to someone at all. Fix what needs fixing, the natural leaders will emerge.

Theyre the senior men at the club though, not just on the pitch but off it. What natural leader emerged when the chips were down the last night? Our man of the match was a 35 year old who a lot of people wanted out of the club last summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Anyone else concerned a bit that with all these new and relatively young players coming into the squad that we'll have no/very few older heads to guide them next year? If the likes of Henderson, Lucas, Skrtel, Kolo go then its only Milner who's the experienced guy in the squad.
    We saw in the final that we'd no-one to settle the game and take the sting out of it. Who's going to be the leader next season that all the players look to?

Next season, Milner is 30, Danny is 27, Lallana 28, Lovren 27, Henderson 26, Allen 25, Clyne 25, Lucas 29 all have a lot of games under them, not old but not young in terms of footballers either.....

The reason we didn't settle in the final is because it was a final.....not many lads had been in a major European final. Which is why its important to get into Europe and be competitive. The alternative now is try to buy that experience in which is costly. Even if we buy in those players Klopp knows you cant buy squad unity and experience in big finals as a team/squad, so there will be no quick fix.

Identify the right style of players and its up to Klopp after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Love that we are targeting all these young players from the Bundesliga. Klopp is planning on being at the club for a good number of years. If that doesn't make you feel positive for the future then there'll be no pleasing you whatever happens.

We've signed one player from the Bundesliga. The only other target from there that we've be concretely linked to is a 23yo World Cup winner at the biggest club in Germany. I think speculation on other Bundesliga players is as likely to do with assumptions about Klopp's preferences than actual interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Love that we are targeting all these young players from the Bundesliga. Klopp is planning on being at the club for a good number of years. If that doesn't make you feel positive for the future then there'll be no pleasing you whatever happens.
    I think it's more a case of Klopps gegenpressing needs younger players with faster recovery times than a long term plan to manage Liverpool for 10+ years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sappy404 wrote: »
    We've signed one player from the Bundesliga. The only other target from there that we've be concretely linked to is a 23yo World Cup winner at the biggest club in Germany. I think speculation on other Bundesliga players is as likely to do with assumptions about Klopp's preferences than actual interest.

Eh? Also been quite strongly linked with Jonas Hector (Mainz right back), Mahmoud Dahoud ('gladbach midfielder)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Nerdlingr makes a fair point above re age profile and leadership. We've seen lots of promising talent for the future come and go at the club over a long period, I'd like to see a couple of warriors coming in to offer a bit of leadership to all these young 'uns. Look at the effect Suarez had on all the attackers around him, his example of work rate and commitment definitely impacted positively on the rest of the front line, quite aside from his goals and assists.

But Klopp will know this, I'm confident he'll address it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

corwill wrote: »
    Nerdlingr makes a fair point above re age profile and leadership. We've seen lots of promising talent for the future come and go at the club over a long period, I'd like to see a couple of warriors coming in to offer a bit of leadership to all these young 'uns. Look at the effect Suarez had on all the attackers around him, his example of work rate and commitment definitely impacted positively on the rest of the front line, quite aside from his goals and assists.

But Klopp will know this, I'm confident he'll address it.

What we really need is a dirty b*stard. Someone who will rough the opposition up and leave them sh*tting themselves.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Eh? Also been quite strongly linked with Jonas Hector (Mainz right back), Mahmoud Dahoud ('gladbach midfielder)

You are forgetting about Loris Karius as well. More than linked with him I believe.

• Advertisement

I'm taking Karius as a done deal at this stage (hopefully on Wed/Thurs).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Zielinski also done apparently

What we really need is a dirty b*stard. Someone who will rough the opposition up and leave them sh*tting themselves.

I'd prefer a DM that can also pass & bring the ball out of defence. In defensive terms someone who more often than not gets the tackle in.

They don't need to be dirty, just capable.

Mash' wasn't a dirty b*stard but he was hugely capable as a DM.

Yes. We're reportedly linked to a few of them. And to many, these reports carry more weight just because it's the Bundesliga; it's a foregone conclusion for them that this is where Klopp will be shopping. But this is well known to the journalists making up rumours for clicks and agents of these players linking their clients to big clubs. It's in their interest for people to believe these reports.

Young German player to Liverpool is this summer's Young Dutch Player to United in 2014. Yes we're likely to look to Germany but we're also likely to see several completely fabricated links predicated on this likelihood.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm taking Karius as a done deal at this stage (hopefully on Wed/Thurs).

Well are you forgetting about Matip then? Someone is getting left out of points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Karius has arrived in liverpool for his medical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Is Karius viewed as a threat to Mignolet or just to replace Bogdan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

The goalkeeper, 22, will be expected to challenge Simon Mignolet for the No1 jersey next season.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has already recruited Marko Grujic and Joel Matip and Karius will become his third signing.

Klopp is still hoping to plunder his Germany connections by persuading Mario Gotze to move to Anfield from Bayern Munich and also Mahmoud Dahoud to join from Borussia Monchengladbach. Dahoud is Liverpool’s first choice to boost their midfield, ahead of Poland international Piotr Zielinski.

Karius and Gotze share the same agent – Volker Struth – and talks are ongoing over a deal for the World Cup winner who has been told he can leave Bayern.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/672891/Liverpool-Target-Arrives-On-Merseyside-Medical-Anfield-Switch-Transfer-News-Gossip

Dahoud is our first choice for midfield. I can't see Gladbach letting him go with Xhaka & Nordtveit both leaving already.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Is Karius viewed as a threat to Mignolet or just to replace Bogdan?

I would bet money that if we sign only one keeper it's to replace Mingolet as No.1.

Money talks i suppose but with xhaka already gone i cant see it happen

5starpool wrote: »
    Well are you forgetting about Matip then? Someone is getting left out of points!

Yeah but he was already bought. Look - the point of whoever started this was wrong - we can both agree on that! :p

Paul Joyce reporting that Dahoud is now the No 1 midfield target, not Zielinski ( liked the look of him better I have to say)

• Advertisement

I really hope we can get this gotze deal wrapped up asap. The longer it goes on the more i think we will miss out

ricero wrote: »
    I really hope we can get this gotze deal wrapped up asap. The longer it goes on the more i think we will miss out

I can't really see him going elsewhere in the PL. I have no doubt LFC will make the required £££s offer both transfer fee and package to the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I guess we will be losing a few posters in this thread now Celtic have a new manager.

If Gotze can be done for £20m and £150k a week wages I would say that leaves room for at least one more marquee signing with the new TV money coming in this season.

I reckon we will sign a winger/striker

Apparently Gotze has sacked his agent:

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/bayern-muenchen/goetze-trennt-sich-von-beratungsagentur-sportstotal-45922588.bild.html

Edit: That agent also represents Karius, I've read.

I guess we will be losing a few posters in this thread now Celtic have a new manager.

If Gotze can be done for £20m and £150k a week wages I would say that leaves room for at least one more marquee signing with the new TV money coming in this season.
    :confused: I'm not sure what you mean by this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

It looks like silly season has really kicked off today. I'm seeing a lot of nonsense about Gotze and his agent on Twitter.

Karius looks like a good buy, and we won't be paying over the odds for him if that £4.7 million release clause is correct.

Bascombe reports that Skrtel (and Kolo :() are off.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Apparently Gotze has sacked his agent:

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/bayern-muenchen/goetze-trennt-sich-von-beratungsagentur-sportstotal-45922588.bild.html

Edit: That agent also represents Karius, I've read.

Karius is with ROGAN Sport Management who also looks after Firmino.

New name for everone to become an expert on - Ante Coric - Croatian mini-Modric at Dinamo Zagreb who according to a local paper has been invited by Klopp personally, like.

http://sportske.jutarnji.hr/svi-su-ludi-za-coricem-engleski-velikan-nudi-15-milijuna-eura-i-zove-corica-na-razgovor-/1574391/
    According to our sources from England, Ante Coric is, if Dynamo decides to sell, the nearest-Liverpool. The information is this: Liverpool for Dinamo ready right away in 1942 to offer 15 million euros.

By the same sources, Jürgen Klopp fervently wants to bring Dinamova and representative, in offensive midfielder Ante vision of German coach of one of the players that will be based on the creation of a new ' Liverpool '. At a meeting with leading people from the Anfield Road, his name has been mentioned at the top of the list of signings for next season. Klopp and otherwise cost the Croatian players, and, besides, it can be best seen by Dejan Lovrenu, which holds as one of the crucial players defense. Finally, with regard to the Lovrena, the Ćoriću would have been about faster easier to fit in, because the team has ' their Croats '

Karius undergoing a medical according to the Echo.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    :confused: I'm not sure what you mean by this?

Always felt there were a few posters who were fans of the Celtic manager and not the club that's all.

Karius is with ROGAN Sport Management who also looks after Firmino.

New name for everone to become an expert on - Ante Coric - Croatian mini-Modric at Dinamo Zagreb who according to a local paper has been invited by Klopp personally, like.

http://sportske.jutarnji.hr/svi-su-ludi-za-coricem-engleski-velikan-nudi-15-milijuna-eura-i-zove-corica-na-razgovor-/1574391/
    Fair play to Liverpool, keeping an eye on the lad since 1942, if I'm reading that properly:p

Always felt there were a few posters who were fans of the Celtic manager and not the club that's all.

Lol

What a ridiculous view.

Took you ages to air it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Its de boer that got the utd job not jose lolz

Augeo wrote: »
    Lol

What a ridiculous view.

Took you ages to air it too.
    Does every post have to contain a dig at someone?

I imagine it would be fairly easy to post without having a cut at someone with just a small bit of effort?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

ricero wrote: »

Really need to get things sorted before June 10th before someone has a blinder at the Euros and silly money goes on them

Is anyone else surprised that klopp is not in for any of his old players beside gotze ?

Does every post have to contain a dig at someone?

I imagine it would be fairly easy to post without having a cut at someone with just a small bit of effort?

So the comment I replied to wasn't having a cut off a few?

Read my earlier posts today kid, no cut off anyone, you must have missed them.

Take off the blinkers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I hate this time of year....learning to spell the names of players that end up not joining us...pain in the hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

£4.7m for Loris Karius is a nice piece of business. He will compete with Mignolet from the start.

Lol. What a strange & bizarre view. Just because there were posters who thought Rodgers was a good manager/coach & wanted to get behind him you think they supported Rodgers instead of the club. I prefer those fans than the fans who aimed personal insults at him when he didn't get the results we wanted.

The fact is Rodgers got us closer to a PL title than anyone else in the last 26 years. And the results which cost us had nothing to do with Rodgers tactics imo more to do with our players being very poor under pressure which showed itself again last Wednesday. He did at times talk too much but I wouldn't hold it against him. Overall I think he done a good job at Liverpool.

So Gotze signs Aidy Ward to be his new agent in England :eek:

Most of us never really thought Rodgers was a fraud or the best thing ever.

After a poor initial 6 months and big improvements in the second half of his first season, an amazing second season, and a poor third season it looked like his time with us was up with us and most of us recognised he missed his chance and wouldn't be able to rectify it. Some love to keep slating him and summing up his time with us with a few snide and nasty remarks. I would like to think that the majority of us would like to see him do well with a different club, seemed a genuine guy who gave us one amazing season........

But then there are others who think Suarez was picking the team and running training and tactics months after trying to force a move out of the club to Arsenal while trying to completely negate any thing Rodgers done.........its weird what certain supporters cling on to. Same thing happens to Gerrard and Benitez.......always focus on the negative...

Anyway, tl;dr Brendan Rodgers, decent bloke, hope he does well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

So thats Gotze off the shopping list so! Sort of embarrassing constantly missing out on high profile targets. Either the club needs to stop the leaks or actually start sealing some of these type of deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Bascombe reports that Skrtel (and Kolo :() are off.
    The squad is absolutely bursting at the seams right now and given that Klopp will want to bring his own players in, it's imperative we move on a dozen or so heads.

Toure (unfortunately)
    Benteke
    Skrtel
    Yesil
    Bogdan
    Teixeira
    Sinclair
    McLaughlin
    Alberto
    Balotelli
    Rossiter
    Wisdom
    Dunn

• Advertisement

Firstly we dont know Gotze was a target......and secondly where has the Aidy Ward being his new agent come from? Is this a joke? He only fired his agent recently didn't he?

The squad is absolutely bursting at the seams right now and given that Klopp will want to bring his own players in, it's imperative we move on a dozen or so heads.

Toure (unfortunately)
    Benteke
    Skrtel
    Yesil
    Bogdan
    Teixeira
    Sinclair
    McLaughlin
    Alberto
    Balotelli
    Rossiter
    Wisdom
    Dunn

Illori surely gone too. The likes of Markovich, Chirivella, Stewart and Randall could be off too.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Firstly we dont know Gotze was a target......and secondly where has the Aidy Ward being his new agent come from? Is this a joke? He only fired his agent recently didn't he?

Thats true, but all we can go off are the reliable journos like Pearce, Barrett, Joyce etc. It is silly season though but there definitely seemed to be something behind the Gotze links.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

He'll probably go to Dortmund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭jem

Its de boer that got the utd job not jose lolz

na they are bringing in gary nevill with david moyes as dof

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement