Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Wait, whats going on with Gotze?

What did i miss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

joe123 wrote: »
    So thats Gotze off the shopping list so! Sort of embarrassing constantly missing out on high profile targets. Either the club needs to stop the leaks or actually start sealing some of these type of deals.

For context:

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/mario-goetze/freut-sich-auf-neue-bayern-saison-45924610.bild.html

He's reportedly decided to stay at Bayern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Sappy404 wrote: »

Makes sense for him to say something like that esp if any prospective deals go tits up.

Until I see him leaning against something in melwood, I won't even believe were talking to his agent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Oh yes, it's in Bild so it's therefore true. They never get anything wrong or just use idle speculation do they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

murpho999 wrote: »
    Oh yes, it's in Bild so it's therefore true. They never get anything wrong or just use idle speculation do they?

Is it Bild or Kicker that are the reliable ones in Germany?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bildsport is more reliable than Bild but until it's in Kicker.....at which point its like a Kickerinthenuts

Read an article on it and there's nothing in the story. If true it's just him saying he's looking forward to first training session with Ancellotti.

How that means he said he is staying is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I hate this time of year....learning to spell the names of players that end up not joining us...pain in the hole.

Mkhitaryan and Konoplyanka are favourites...

Considering they're quoting him directly I think it's more likely real than not.

Anyone care to shed some light on what he would get from sacking his agent if he had decided to stay? A bigger cut of the sign-on fee when he leaves for nothing next year maybe?

Clearly someone is advising him. Hopefully it's not Mendes. We know where he's ending up if it is...

Dickerty wrote: »

I still have to copy and paste Mkhitaryan, as for that Greek centre back....:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Gotze is obviously not coming & i'm not too annoyed about it at all. He is a good player but overhyped because of his world cup winning goal & hasn't performed at his best level since leaving Dortmund. Also there has been question marks about his attitude as well. I think Firmino is a better player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Dickerty wrote: »

And remember, it's pronounced Muckhetaryan. Or as someone on IrishKop called him, Mickey Tarzan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

MD1990 wrote: »
    Gotze is obviously not coming & i'm not too annoyed about it at all. He is a good player but overhyped because of his world cup winning goal & hasn't performed at his best level since leaving Dortmund. Also there has been question marks about his attitude as well. I think Firmino is a better player.

100%, and we have lots of players quite like him too.

Quote: “I look forward to the new season in Munich and will do everything possible to be in top shape for my first training session under Carlo Ancelotti

which is not exactly definitive really even if it's reads that way at a glance. He hasn't said I am staying (merely looking forward to, I'm looking forward to being a euro lottery millionare one day) and BM have not said he is staying so he could still leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

German lad in work who knows his football telling me that this Karius lad is very handy and "for sure an upgrade on Mignolet"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

So a player who is under contract to Bayern Munich says he is looking forward to the new season with said team and loads of lads on the forum lose their s**t.

What exactly was he supposed to say? Carlo is a dope and I'm off to Merseyside??

It's going to be a long summer on here :-(

murpho999 wrote: »

True. Gotze is talking with a year left on his contract and on the day he sacked his agent, too. Chances are he's after more money. Certainly puts paid to the "he's desperate to be reunited with Klopp" nonsense that some were reporting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Gotze was never going to leave Munich for Liverpool, he would have better options available if he was leaving and he is a Carlo kind of player (as in he will get more game time under Carlo then Pep)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Weeks of reports saying we were talking to him and within days of us failing to make the CL he has sacked his agent and said he is staying. To me this can only suggest a) he genuinely wants to stay (unlikely) or b) he wants to find another club but isn't interested in coming to Liverpool. Either way we should be looking elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Gotze was never going to leave Munich for Liverpool, he would have better options available if he was leaving and he is a Carlo kind of player (as in he will get more game time under Carlo then Pep)

Well it's been widely reported he isn't in Ancelotti's plans for next season, so I don't know what you're basing that off.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Well it's been widely reported he isn't in Ancelotti's plans for next season, so I don't know what you're basing that off.

I think the reason he sacked his agent is that he doesn't have better options available. He's clearly unhappy with Liverpool being the only choice if he's sacking the crowd charged with finding him a club and then publicly stating that he would rather stay at Bayern. He's in his last year there and clearly not part of the plans. Liverpool just isn't the move he wants to make, apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I think the reason he sacked his agent is that he doesn't have better options available. He's clearly unhappy with Liverpool being the only choice if he's sacking the crowd charged with finding him a club and then publicly stating that he would rather stay at Bayern. He's in his last year there and clearly not part of the plans. Liverpool just isn't the move he wants to make, apparently.

Could be very plausible. Im sure we will have some more solid information tonight from Joyce or Pearce. If not Gotze then who instead i wonder ?

I would love draxler of wolfsburg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Dortmund want him back as well apparently.

A lot of people reading whatever they want into it. Ultimately nobody has a buckin clue only Gotze himself. And even he might be undecided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Isn't that the same person who said Leicester wouldn't finish top 4? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

And remember, it's pronounced Muckhetaryan. Or as someone on IrishKop called him, Mickey Tarzan

I go with Mickey-Rotten.

Dortmund want him back as well apparently.

A lot of people reading whatever they want into it. Ultimately nobody has a buckin clue only Gotze himself. And even he might be undecided.

We've made a very blatant bid for his services (and practically publicized it for some reason) and he's staying at a club where he's not wanted rather than taking it up. It's obvious he isn't happy with it. The fact that he's now asking someone else to get him a satisfactory contract somewhere speaks volumes.

I won't be surprised if United, Chelsea or PSG manage to tempt him to abandon his honourable intentions of impressing Ancelotti next season. Especially if Mendes takes him on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

I think you may have dodged a bullet if it's true lads. He would cost extortionate money and IMO Coutinho is a more exciting, if less well rounded player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

L’Equipe are saying Sakho will find out the length of his ban next week.

I guess that will determine how many CB's we will need to have for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I fully expect him to end up at Chelsea, United or Juventus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I hate the off-season transfer window and everything that comes with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Source?

No player will leave any team to join us so we don't have to worry.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

mosstin wrote: »
    Source?

WI_zpss5tmbgpz.png

Bravo, 5star, bravo.

XyQOLwo.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

5starpool wrote: »
    WI_zpss5tmbgpz.png

I wouldn't pay any heed to that List chap, he isn't in the know with regards to the super-thread since opr and Kess left.
    Just shows with him quoting that rent-a-quote Turtyturd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That's it, off-season is now Moose season, for me.

I think that is an instant inductee into the LFC superthread joke hall of fame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Knex. wrote: »
    That's it, off-season is now Moose season, for me.

Moose counting season. :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We will look for around 4m for Sinclair from a tribunal. Hopefully we'll get close to that.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-hope-jerome-sinclair-tribunal-11372756

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

5starpool wrote: »
    We will look for around 4m for Sinclair from a tribunal. Hopefully we'll get close to that.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-hope-jerome-sinclair-tribunal-11372756
    Have spurs not put in a £12m bid yet?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The joke system in here is a lot like the scraps situation from Always Sunny in Philly.
    5starpool's joke is Dennis' conquest, Washington's reply is Mac taking the scraps thanks and my 'joke' is the leftovers for Frank.

As my browser doesn't show photobucket I didn't get the joke - that and I'm really old.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    The joke system in here is a lot like the scraps situation from Always Sunny in Philly.
    5starpool's joke is Dennis' conquest, Washington's reply is Mac taking the scraps thanks and my 'joke' is the leftovers for Frank.

sZeqLlh.gif

What gave it away?
    If the ghost of Eric Cantona came back and karate kicked Alan Pardew would the FA ban him?
    If balance is a warty willy then I don't want it.

PS That willy post is from a Game of Thrones book readers thread. DON'T CLICK IT unless you're an all-knowing literal genius like me.

PPS This took ages to post after Boards kept going down. I deserve thanks for the effort if nothing else. (You'd think they'd use some of this newfangled ad revenue to buy some namebrand hamsters, eh?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

20 million saved for a more pressing position - like central midfield or left back (can't believe Chillwell is the only target)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The bench must be comfortable in Munich.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

The bench must be comfortable in Munich.

No splinters anyway

hi-res-3604f32c01ea4acafc8a3e9621d65ea2_crop_exact.jpg?w=311&h=210&q=75

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement