Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Lads, You have to remember, Klopp doesnt buy the best players, He creates the best players.

I predict while Klopp is incharge, You will be be making large profits on outgoing players then what it cost to buy them.

You will end up with an extremely talented young team that will challenge. But at far less cost then clubs like United, Chelsea, City and Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hell of a leaner too, such a shame it didn't work out.

2C6A173900000578-3238155-image-a-2_1442482742644.jpg

tumblr_m2qc7z8E2w1r1xlhmo4_1280.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Pity that it seems he won't be coming to us, but I really didn't expect it after we missed out on CL, or really even before that either.

Hopefully whoever we do get in fits in well and adapts to the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Our physio room is full. Sorry, Mario2.

And as our football friends down the M62 would say: "We didn't want him anyway." (And he dresses like Bieber.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

ricero wrote: »
    Is anyone else surprised that klopp is not in for any of his old players beside gotze ?

Hummels and Reus... Yes please!

• Advertisement

Gotze was never going to leave Munich for Liverpool, he would have better options available if he was leaving and he is a Carlo kind of player (as in he will get more game time under Carlo then Pep)

Götze is stagnating at Munich. He has an opportunity to go and be a marquee signing to the most successfull club in the most exciting league in the world to play under a manager who believed in him and gave him a start in professional football.

What 'better options' are there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

And we'll move on, good to know early anyway instead of it dragging out the whole summer.

Just to put it into perspective, Klopp's most expensive signing(and by all accounts his worst) was Immobile for 10m, he sold him on 12 months later for...10m!
    Klopp does'nt buy 'big' players, he'll buy fairly young prospects and turn them into great players, the future is bright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

And we'll move on, good to know early anyway instead of it dragging out the whole summer.

Just to put it into perspective, Klopp's most expensive signing(and by all accounts his worst) was Immobile for 10m, he sold him on 12 months later for...10m!
    Klopp does'nt buy 'big' players, he'll buy fairly young prospects and turn them into great players, the future is bright.

The ultimate moneyball manager, literally the perfect appointment by FSG going by their strategy.

Certainly helps that our club is in a much better state than Dortmund was when he took over there too.

Would like to see Allen start in a metronome/ anchor role in DM position (with Lucas stepping in where needed).

That leaves just Can and Henderson in CM aside from Grujic (Milner is a wide player for me). So could probably do with an addition in CM/ DM but only if its a top player.

I wouldnt mind another top striker to really shake things up but we need another CB & LB for sure.

1. CB
    2. LB
    3. CM/ DM
    4. ST

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Huh?? Reus was 12m and Mkhitaryan 20m but unequivocal successes but Immobile was not his most expensive signing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

Huh?? Reus was 12m and Mkhitaryan 20m but unequivocal successes but Immobile was not his most expensive signing.

I was going to mention this myself but didn't bother, Mkhitarian has been a success you could say after this season but his 2 years under Klopp were nothing special, Adrian Ramos for 12m euro is another flop he tried to replace Lewandowski with, Immobile was 20m euro as well not 11m,

Anyway i don't see why you all seem to be so happy that FSG are getting away with not spending money, A lot of the players that came through at Dortmund were scouted by Zorc as well, Not Klopp, Klopp did work well with them but he's not this super scout that some make him out to be.

All in all another summer where FSG will spend the bare minimum and you're all chuffed. madness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Juan8 wrote: »
    I was going to mention this myself but didn't bother, Mkhitarian has been a success you could say after this season but his 2 years under Klopp were nothing special, Adrian Ramos for 12m euro is another flop he tried to replace Lewandowski with, Immobile was 20m euro as well not 11m,

Anyway i don't see why you all seem to be so happy that FSG are getting away with not spending money, A lot of the players that came through at Dortmund were scouted by Zorc as well, Not Klopp, Klopp did work well with them but he's not this super scout that some make him out to be.

All in all another summer where FSG will spend the bare minimum and you're all chuffed. madness

I certainly don't see him as a genius scout, and I'm not sure how much others see that in him either - I see a guy who can work with talented young players that our scouts have picked up on, and get the best out of them - something which is rarely achieved when you look around the various clubs. I think that's why he was totally fine with the transfer structure we have in place, versus Rodgers opinion of it. I think we'll see him cast his eye over the players they've picked out, and if he agrees with their viewpoint, we'll snap them up and he'll work his inspirational magic on them.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I certainly don't see him as a genius scout, and I'm not sure how much others see that in him either - I see a guy who can work with talented young players that our scouts have picked up on, and get the best out of them - something which is rarely achieved when you look around the various clubs. I think that's why he was totally fine with the transfer structure we have in place, versus Rodgers opinion of it. I think we'll see him cast his eye over the players they've picked out, and if he agrees with their viewpoint, we'll snap them up and he'll work his inspirational magic on them.

Just because he got a great group of talented youngsters given to him to work with at Dortmund doesn't mean he'll get that at Liverpool, not if your recent transfer record with young players or even players in general is anything to go by, where on earth is this confidence in your scouts coming from unless it's Klopp you're trusting?

Like I said FSG must be rubbing their hands together with this mentality of whatever player Klopp signs for €5m will become a superstar that most of your fans have at the moment,

I'll even make the prediction that Liverpool make money this summer on transfers,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Our physio room is full. Sorry, Mario2.

And as our football friends down the M62 would say: "We didn't want him anyway." (And he dresses like Bieber.)

I see the disgusting site YNFA have already done that line of We didn't want him anyway, someone posted it on the tro.... i mean humour thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Just because he got a great group of talented youngsters given to him to work with at Dortmund doesn't mean he'll get that at Liverpool, not if your recent transfer record with young players or even players in general is anything to go by, where on earth is this confidence in your scouts coming from unless it's Klopp you're trusting?

Like I said FSG must be rubbing their hands together with this mentality of whatever player Klopp signs for €5m will become a superstar that most of your fans have at the moment,

I'll even make the prediction that Liverpool make money this summer on transfers,

Yes you are right. Klopp is a fraud and will do nothing with Liverpool next season while now you have Jose you'll storm the league once again with Ibrahimovic leading the line, Rooney pulling the strings in midfield, John Stones becoming England's number one centre back. Wow, what an exciting season you have ahead of you.

As always us Liverpool fans are just foolish dreamers believing we have a world class manager when in fact we just have another Rafa Benitez who was and always will be a fraud that spent too much money with no results. Shame on us. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

He's going to join Dortmund next summer on a free, have felt that since the Hummels move happened

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Yes you are right. Klopp is a fraud and will do nothing with Liverpool next season while now you have Jose you'll storm the league once again with Ibrahimovic leading the line, Rooney pulling the strings in midfield, John Stones becoming England's number one centre back. Wow, what an exciting season you have ahead of you.

As always us Liverpool fans are just foolish dreamers believing we have a world class manager when in fact we just have another Rafa Benitez who was and always will be a fraud that spent too much money with no results. Shame on us. :(

I haven't brought United into the conversation once, I'm voicing an opinion on a public forum, is that ok with you?

I never called Klopp a fraud either, I questioned his ability to find players, not coach them,

All I'm saying is that if I was a Liverpool fan I'd be concerned that you've finally gotten a top manager and your owners only seem to be concerned about what bargains he can find them instead of really backing him, by the names you've been linked with so far (even Gotze in a way, good player going for a low price who could have his value sky rocket again) it looks like that

But with these delusions of grandeur a lot of you seem to have with him your last paragraph is accurate enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Yea every single one of us are absolutely delighted......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

As the saying goes, if we want your opinion, we'll give it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

So Klopp isnt a scout. Wow. You learn something new everyday.
    Nuggets of wisdom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

blahblablahrabblerabblerabble delusions of grandeur blahblablahrabblerabblerabble

Not even worth breaking out a gif for, really.

I'm going for breakfast, a couple of sausages, maybe a hash brown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'd say we should just wait till the Euros start, pick a few players who play well, hype them up, then pay drastically over the odds for them.

Its the wild train ride that we all crave and deserve, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

The season is finished just 6 days ago.

The problem is we have been overpaying for PL players more so than spending the bare minimum. This summer it looks like we are looking in Germany so hopefully we do some good deals.

Klopp's last season at Dortmund was ruined by injuries.

Bury your head in the sand so, I don't really care, don't be crying though when your 10 x €5m summer signings who no one has ever heard of don't work out and you finish 8th again

Bury your head in the sand so, I don't really care, don't be crying though when your 10 x €5m summer signings who no one has ever heard of don't work out and you finish 8th again

I promise I won't cry.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpQEH1h9cEu3O7K9cwbwS4RL0sYtK7ODPmYfI8iqJlXppDQZ9i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Great, thanks for sharing, see you around, bye now, take care, so long and goodbye.

MD1990 wrote: »
    The season is finished just 6 days ago.

The problem is we have been overpaying for PL players more so than spending the bare minimum. This summer it looks like we are looking in Germany so hopefully we do some good deals.

Klopp's last season at Dortmund was ruined by injuries.

Most likely because the continent is cheaper and you don't have a big sale this summer to fund your transfers. I only raised a point and was attacked, the fact is though that they spend no money and you've finally got a top manager in and it looks like he'll be given pennies to work with, if I was a Liverpool fan I wouldn't be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

All I'm saying is that if I was a Liverpool fan I'd be concerned that you've finally gotten a top manager and your owners only seem to be concerned about what bargains he can find them instead of really backing him, by the names you've been linked with so far (even Gotze in a way, good player going for a low price who could have his value sky rocket again) it looks like that

How do you know they are not backing him? You got a source for this? Maybe Klopp wants those players (and that's ignoring the fact that just cause we are linked with a player doesn't mean the club are actually after that player).

Great, thanks for sharing, see you around, bye now, take care, so long and goodbye.

Was that an attempt at being funny?

• Advertisement

Benzino wrote: »
    How do you know they are not backing him? You got a source for this? Maybe Klopp wants those players (and that's ignoring the fact that just cause we are linked with a player doesn't mean the club are actually after that player).

I don't know, no one does, but going by the players you've been linked with so far and FSG's past history of penny pinching it seems that way,

Most likely because the continent is cheaper and you don't have a big sale this summer to fund your transfers. I only raised a point and was attacked, the fact is though that they spend no money and you've finally got a top manager in and it looks like he'll be given pennies to work with, if I was a Liverpool fan I wouldn't be happy

Good job you're not a Liverpool fan then. I wouldn't like you to be unhappy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Jaysus, they get a new manager and they are already parachuting in the troops across enemy lines... :D

Fieldog wrote: »
    Jaysus, they get a new manager and they are already parachuting in the troops across enemy lines... :D

They've sent in the Very Special Forces first to soften us up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

corwill wrote: »

Is it the Rangers they send first? Or the FCA? :)

I'd have thought that Birmingham, Portsmouth, Wigan and Swansea City being more successful in the last decade would have softened you up enough tbh

• Advertisement

corwill wrote: »
    Looks like we'll have a summer of Dirk Diggler wannabees come swinging in here telling us what we should be thinking.

Lovely.

I wonder are they the same wannabees swinging in here two years ago?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Juanbelievable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Juanbelievable

Its Juantastic stuff, who got under his skin I wonder.

#LFC will not offer a new contract to Kolo this summer

https://twitter.com/Liddellpool/status/734883453339086848

No Kolo, no party:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'd have thought that Birmingham, Portsmouth, Wigan and Swansea City being more successful in the last decade would have softened you up enough tbh

And just look at those 3 now, basking in their recent glory......

• Advertisement

kelso.gif?w=300

You're the gift that just keeps on giving aren't you! :D

Just more proof that FSG are cheap bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I assume your a United fan, so you of all people should know that its not about how expensive the transfer is, its getting the right transfer in. You dont know anything about the recruitment policy, you dont know anything about how Klopp identifies players, you have no idea what is going on behind the scenes or if he's being backed financially....your making a bunch of assumptions and generalizations while talking down to us completely unprovoked.

This post is one of the most condescending things I've read here for a while, based on nothing........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

gif_460x244_213507.gif?1415203169

NukaCola wrote: »
    I assume your a United fan, so you of all people should know that its not about how expensive the transfer is, its getting the right transfer in. You dont know anything about the recruitment policy, you dont know anything about how Klopp identifies players, you have no idea what is going on behind the scenes or if he's being backed financially....your making a bunch of assumptions and generalizations while talking down to us completely unprovoked.

This post is one of the most condescending things I've read here for a while, based on nothing........

*You're

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

kfallon wrote: »
    And just look at those 3 now, basking in their recent glory......

I'd trade all 5 champions leagues to be in there position right now

FA Cup trophy to be offered in Hillsborough tribute

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10291886/fa-cup-trophy-to-be-offered-in-hillsborough-tribute

That should go down well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Why we wouldnt keep him around to plug holes, nevermind his positive influence is beyond me, youd have to assume Sakho and Skrtel are gonners so it means we need even more replacements.

FA Cup trophy to be offered in Hillsborough tribute

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10291886/fa-cup-trophy-to-be-offered-in-hillsborough-tribute

That should go down well.

Jog on, FA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

I haven't brought United into the conversation once, I'm voicing an opinion on a public forum, is that ok with you?

I never called Klopp a fraud either, I questioned his ability to find players, not coach them,

But with these delusions of grandeur a lot of you seem to have with him your last paragraph is accurate enough

*Comma in place of a full stop.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement