Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Vicxas wrote: »
    Unbelievable.

The sad thing thing is it really isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Vicxas wrote: »
    Unbelievable.

It really isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

It really isn't.

Just another blatant reminder if we sell Benteke buy another striker

If he doesn't take part in the friendlies he mightn't make the final squad. That report doesn't allude to a serious injury, a knock/strain type of thing. It happens in football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

The sad thing thing is it really isn't.

I'd say Klopp is foaming at the mouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It's nuts that they have players deviate from their personalized club training regimes. I can somewhat understand it for young players, if there are particular drills/exercises you want to see them do so you know what you're working with, but for the seasoned pro's who you already know everything about, just let them stick to the same regime they work with week in week out.

A lot of reports floating around that Canos might be off, seemingly can't reach agreement on wages for a new contract. Bit of a bummer, looked to be an exciting option.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-youngster-sergi-canos-heading-11378682

Thanfully the chap isn't a minor...

JS90009254.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

murpho999 wrote: »
    So what if they said they felt confident? Maybe they did. That's life, people change their minds and circumstances change.

Just because it now appears to have fallen through, does not mean it was just a ruse to generate media attention like you are implying.
    It certainly wasn't a ruse on the part of Liverpool FC. Hitzfeld, Beckenbauer and Low have no relationship with Liverpool and they all spoke to the German media saying Liverpool was a good move for Gotze, citing the Klopp link etc.

We have been linked with Gotze since Klopp joined and the player didn't discourage the speculation in December when he was asked about a possible transfer. He ruled out a move in the January transfer window, but said he would speak to Klopp if there was interest before the summer.

It's entirely possible that Gotze was trying to use the Liverpool 'interest' to get a new deal at Bayern. Once Guardiola announced he was departing in the summer it was only sensible to wait to speak to his replacement about his future at the club. Gotze spoke to Ancellotti two weeks ago and within hours it was all over the German media that he had been told to move on if he wanted first team football.

I think the leak to the German media regarding the conversation with the incoming manager came from Gotze's agent. It undermined his position and would explain the split. Bayern clearly don't want him. Dortmund fans don't want him back at their club.

Liverpool have put together a package for the player and nobody else seems to want to spend the money on him and also pay him a high wage. If he hangs around Bayern for 12 months he will get a big money move somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wouldn't be holding Hodgson responsible, it was overdue. I reckon Sturridge's personalised training sessions are as intense as his on pitch performances. Can't see him being cut from the squad Hodgson currently has 2 better options to start ahead of him, but he should get in ahead of Welbeck 4.0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Sure they don't even need him, they have Berahino, Welbeck, Rashford, Defoe, Carroll, Austin and Deeney to get them knocked out in the group stages too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

noodler wrote: »
    Not sure these reports are
    separate.

Hard to believe they don't Bandwagon.

Unlesd it's the Echo or a couple of the Times lads, I don't pay too much attention.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

K-9 wrote: »
    Unlesd it's the Echo or a couple of the Times lads, I don't pay too much attention.

Only pay attention when you see them on the official site holding the top or leaning on something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

After Klopp rightly said to Sturridge he needs to know real pain rather than a little niggle he didn't get injured thanks down to Klopp using his wisely mainly.
    But I doubt England have pushed him that hard considering his injury history but he suddenly gets injured again. Seems really weird to me. I have a feeling alot of Sturridge''s problems could be mental.

MD1990 wrote: »
    After Klopp rightly said to Sturridge he needs to know real pain rather than a little niggle he didn't get injured thanks down to Klopp using his wisely mainly.
    But I doubt England have pushed him that hard considering his injury history but he suddenly gets injured again. Seems really weird to me. I have a feeling alot of Sturridge''s problems could be mental.

To be honest I don't think Klopp saying that made any difference whatsoever. I mean, it was another 3 or 4 months after that that he actually started playing regularly.

What helped him was an enforced period of gradual progression in training. Any bit of a niggle felt during that time set you back to square one. I think this did 2 things - one, gave him the proper period of build up so he was actually fit and ready when he got back to training with the team, and two, it stopped Sturridge complaining about stupid little pains that weren't actual injuries, as each time he would, it guaranteed another few weeks training by himself.

I don't think it's necessarily that the England camp are pushing them hard, it's that they potentially do a one-size-fits all type of training where everyone does the same stuff. That extra couple of shuttle runs, those extra few high-knees etc, for a guy who's particularly susceptible to injury, they can be the difference between enough, and just a little too much. And in a big group of lads, no one wants to be the guy that pulls out of the drill early 'just in case'.

(Al entirely conjecture on my part)

• Advertisement

Raphael Guerreiro is the next left back we are being linked with.

It looks like Dortmund are our new Spurs when it comes to looking at the same players as they are also looking at him.

Or Klopp took there scouting reports with him when he left :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It looks like Dortmund are our new Sours when it comes to looking at the same players as they are also looking at him.

Or Klopp took there scouting reports with him when he left :)

Freudian slip?

5starpool wrote: »
    Freudian slip?

Typo before I get reported and carded for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sturridge will be called mr glass and a crock but klopp proved, handled correctly he can stay fit. England's training methods are to blame here thinking they know better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Apologies if it's been posted already.....

They are ripping up the old main stand at a fast pace, hopefully ready be the end of August.

n2SmHaB.jpg

They are going to have do alot of overtime to get the main stand ready for August. Might have to play a few away games first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

They are going to have do alot of overtime to get the main stand ready for August. Might have to play a few away games first.

Quick lick of paint, be grand.

259C3F2600000578-0-image-a-164_1423759504322.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Apparently they will prioritize getting the stand capable of holding people for the start of the season (I know, sounds obvious).... but the extra bits like concessions, Corporate, VIP, retail, museum stuff will not be ready until early 2017.

Hopefully there won't be a problem, but perhaps there might be a glut of away games at the start of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Hopefully there won't be a problem, but perhaps there might be a glut of away games at the start of the season.

All the better to end our title run in playing mostly at home.

Honestly don't get why people are so eager to blame the English set up. This is what Sturridge is now, an injury time bomb. He got a good three and a half month run, but the bomb was about to go off and unfortunately Hodgson was holding it. If anything his latest injury should put to rest any idea of us being able to rely on him as our main striker next season.

Or maybe he's fine and waiting for Hodgson to grovel in media about how much they need him for him to play?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Honestly don't get why people are so eager to blame the English set up. This is what Sturridge is now, an injury time bomb. He got a good three and a half month run, but the bomb was about to go off and unfortunately Hodgson was holding it. If anything his latest injury should put to rest any idea of us being able to rely on him as our main striker next season.

Or maybe he's fine and waiting for Hodgson to grovel in media about how much they need him for him to play?

That's true to an extent, but proportionately speaking, he gets injured on England duty a ludicrous percentage of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Sturridge has previously been injured while on international duty with Roy Hodgson’s England squad in May 2013, September 2013, November 2013 and September 2014.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/05/hodgson-effect-daniel-sturridge-injured-england-duty/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Loris Karius - Sounds like something Spurs fans were heard saying...

• Advertisement

So he's been injured 5 times in 3 years with England. How many squads has he been included in in total?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I think they have requested the first two games of next season be away from home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Kicker is reporting that gotze had agreed to a 175,000 a week contract with lfc until he changed agents on monday. Reckon hes looking for a better deal somewhere else.

**** him and move on. Need to be signing players that want to work under klopp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Kicker is reporting that gotze had agreed to a 175,000 a week contract with lfc until he changed agents on monday. Reckon hes looking for a better deal somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/26/bayern-munich-mario-gotze-bench-liverpool

“I had talks with him (Mario) and Ancelotti. Mario knows the thoughts of Bayern,” Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge told Kicker magazine. “Everything was clearly and seriously explained to Mario.

“He knows what the club thinks and what the new coach thinks. Mario has to evaluate for himself whether he wants to play constantly.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

ricero wrote: »

euros I presume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

8-10 wrote: »
    euros I presume?

Yen

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

ricero wrote: »

While I wouldn't hold it against any Bayern player for giving a move to a Europe-less Liverpool a second thought, there have to be doubts about his suitability now.

There were already question marks about his fitness, attitude, and whether or not he's capable of returning to his best, but the pervading belief was that he was eager to reunite with Klopp and play regular football, with the implication that he was going to prove Guardiola wrong for benching him so much. It now it appears he's not that interested, which put serious doubts in my mind about him being worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Portuguese player with Lorient in France. I don't know anything about him - where's a French league version of Andersonisgod when you need one??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Portuguese player with Lorient in France. I don't know anything about him - where's a French league version of Andersonisgod when you need one??

Christ, why would anyone wish for more than one of those yokes?

Andersonc'estdieu, le pivot ... shudder

Is Sturridge injury not very minor? Sat out training. He doent need a hip replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

If the club offered £175k in wages they will have done all they can and cant be blamed for missing out on a target. If a players wants to sit on the bench at Munich than play for Liverpool under Klopp, leave him off, not the attitude we want or need. Young and hungry players are needed with a balance of experience.

Gotze really isn't needed at all. Only 2 clubs in for him tells you something. Dortmund probably want him on the cheap to get one over on Bayern, He wouldn't make Dortmund's team with Mkhitaryan,Reus & Dembele taking the 3 spots behind Aubameyang. We are mainly interested because Klopp has a close relationship with him. We have Firmino & Coutinho both superior players. I hope we move on & look to sign a winger & a CM.

corwill wrote: »
    Christ, why would anyone wish for more than one of those yokes?

Andersonc'estdieu, le pivot ... shudder

I am thinking of implementing a similar gimmick for the new season. I wanna see how long it's tolerated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sappy404 wrote: »
    While I wouldn't hold it against any Bayern player for giving a move to a Europe-less Liverpool a second thought, there have to be doubts about his suitability now.

There were already question marks about his fitness, attitude, and whether or not he's capable of returning to his best, but the pervading belief was that he was eager to reunite with Klopp and play regular football, with the implication that he was going to prove Guardiola wrong for benching him so much. It now it appears he's not that interested, which put serious doubts in my mind about him being worth it.

Agree with you on this one.

I think Liverpool should avoid any player called 'Mario'. Simple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I am thinking of implementing a similar gimmick for the new season. I wanna see how long it's tolerated.

Vituperative sneering and pompous bloviating about the blindingly obvious is so last season, dahling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

murpho999 wrote: »
    Agree with you on this one.

I think Liverpool should avoid any player called 'Mario'. Simple

We could use a few more Jordans I reckon.

At one stage, we could have had a midfield of:

Ibe - Rossier - Williams - Henderson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ibe is Jordon. Just sayin'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,664 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Ibe is Jordon. Just sayin'

On the summer transfer thread they reckon masherano is gone from barca .
    Would ye have him back as dm ? Or would he come ?
    To juventus they reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Has Skittles been officially announced as gone or has the clubs social media got there early?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement