Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

cjmc wrote: »
    On the summer transfer thread they reckon masherano is gone from barca .
    Would ye have him back as dm ? Or would he come ?
    To juventus they reckon

I'd have Masch back in a heartbeat even though he forced his way out in ugly fashion. I doubt he'd come back (or maybe not his wife!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Fieldog wrote: »
    Has Skittles been officially announced as gone or has the clubs social media got there early?

That's a fan page

The official page if called 'Liverpool FC'

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's something that many don't agree with, but I'd have Masch in the top 10 footballers in the world. There is no flair or bells and whistles to what he does, he just does it really f*cking good.

So I would love to snap him up. Apparently it's nearly accross the line with Juve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Ibe is Jordon. Just sayin'

And that's why we're selling him. For not conforming to our Jordan uniformity in midfield.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    It's something that many don't agree with, but I'd have Masch in the top 10 footballers in the world. There is no flair or bells and whistles to what he does, he just does it really f*cking good.

So I would love to snap him up. Apparently it's nearly accross the line with Juve.

I'm not sure I'd have him that high, but he's certainly one of the top players in his position.

He's a top footballer, naturally we'd be mad to turn him down if he wanted to come back but he'll join a top level CL club and rightly so. Juvé is the main link, but Bayern has been mentioned in the past too.

It's staggering how good some of our players were in 08/09 - Alonso, Masch, Torres, Gerrard...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

To juventus they reckon
    A couple of years in Italy before returning to Argentina to finish his career would probably suit him better than the Premier League. He has mentioned the volume of games that he is playing at Barcelona has taken its toll on his body so he might not fancy a return to England.

He had agreed a deal to join Roma last summer but it didn't happen because the transfer ban meant Barcelona couldn't sign a replacement. Dani Alves is also supposed to be signing for Juventus.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'd take Masch back in a heartbeat, but almost zero chance of it happening unfortunately. Better he goes to Juve than another English club though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

MD1990 wrote: »
    Gotze really isn't needed at all. Only 2 clubs in for him tells you something. Dortmund probably want him on the cheap to get one over on Bayern, He wouldn't make Dortmund's team with Mkhitaryan,Reus & Dembele taking the 3 spots behind Aubameyang. We are mainly interested because Klopp has a close relationship with him. We have Firmino & Coutinho both superior players. I hope we move on & look to sign a winger & a CM.

I'm sorry but I would have to question the part in bold. Coutinho has been wildly inconsistent for the best part of two seasons now and while Firminho had a very good second half of the season with us he was muck for the first few months with, sure he was played out of position, but he gives the ball away constantly during matches, wherever he is played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

x43r0 wrote: »
    That's a fan page

The official page if called 'Liverpool FC'

Weird,

I dont even like that page, and it came up in my feed, unless one of my mates "liked" or commented on it...

They changed the logo since the screenshot also, seemingly after I asked was it "official" yet...

Out to get me I tells ya...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

MD1990 wrote: »
    They are going to have do alot of overtime to get the main stand ready for August. Might have to play a few away games first.

They are working 24/7 now over the summer.

Need to have temporary changing facilities for 2 teams and the refs for 1st have the season.

The stand should be ready by the end of August but they also need a safety check so i wonder if that will be a friendly game at some stage

• Advertisement

Liverpool announce four friendlies against League opposition

Huddersfield (no surprise there!), Fleetwood Town, Wigan Athletic and who else but Tramere Rovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Liverpool announce four friendlies against League opposition

Huddersfield (no surprise there!), Fleetwood Town, Wigan Athletic and who else but Tramere Rovers.

Was there no press conderence for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Ibe is Jordon. Just sayin'

More like... Jor-gone

pst8oo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Liverpool make the largest pre-tax profit in the PL in 2014/2015

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/25/premier-league-finances-club-by-club-breakdown-david-conn.

£95m debt, 56% wages to turnover ratio.

Should be a few bob in the kitty for transfers this summer so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    It's something that many don't agree with, but I'd have Masch in the top 10 footballers in the world.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Rumors on twitter that sakho is getting sacked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

ricero wrote: »
    Rumors on twitter that sakho is getting sacked

Links?

Hold on to your monocles gentlemen!
    Liverpool have been given renewed hope in their pursuit of Mario Gotze after Bayern Munich chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge suggested the midfielder may struggle for pitch time again next season.

The 23-year-old, who is entering the final 12 months of his contract, made just 11 Bundesliga starts this campaign under departing manager Pep Guardiola.

And despite the Germany international stressing earlier this week he was looking forward to life under new boss Carlo Ancelotti, Rummenigge has cast doubt over how much he will actually play.

“We made everything clear to Mario,” he told German newspaper Kicker.

“He knows what the club thinks and he knows what the future coach thinks.

“Mario has to consider for himself whether he wants to constantly get minutes.”

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has made Gotze one of his priority signings for this summer as he is keen to be reunited with a player who was so successful under him at Borussia Dortmund.

Bayern legend Lothar Matthaus queried why the midfielder would leave to join Liverpool earlier this week, considering the Reds cannot offer Champions League football. His father has also discussed his son’s future.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Links?

Nothing remotely reliable. It isn't even on any of those clickbait sites, just looks like a load of individuals and wind-up merchants spamming.

Might still happen, but nothing doing yet I'd say.

Bild reporting that Breel Embolo is joining RB Leipzig for €20 million. Said they beat us and Wolfsburg to his signature, I recall that we were linked with him a few days/weeks ago.

Basel winger, looked incredibly fast any time I saw him.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    Was there no press conderence for this?

I'd imagine most of these are for the people who don't make the main squad, so u-18's and some down the pecking order u-21's + Balotelli ;) which is why they weren't given the publicity treatment. Probably Liverpool XI's, not Liverpool.

Bild reporting that Breel Embolo is joining RB Leipzig for €20 million. Said they beat us and Wolfsburg to his signature, I recall that we were linked with him a few days/weeks ago.

Basel winger, looked incredibly fast any time I saw him.

Everyone in German football hates RB Leipzig! :D
    5starpool wrote: »
    I'd imagine most of these are for the people who don't make the main squad, so u-18's and some down the pecking order u-21's + Balotelli ;) which is why they weren't given the publicity treatment. Probably Liverpool XI's, not Liverpool.

The Euros end on the 10th July, the friendlies in England are July 7th to 20th.

Everyone in German football hates RB Leipzig! :D

Aren't they bankrolled by Red Bull (hence the RB?) and just considered a complete 'plastic' club in a country that puts all sorts of emphasis on fan ownership and participation?

I remember reading about them before. Must be trying to splash the cash to jump up the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Vicxas wrote: »
    Links?
    Somebody asked the question as to whether the club can cancel his contract if he got a lengthy ban. Of course in twitter sphere that became, the club is going to sack him.

The result of the disciplinary hearing won't be known until next week.

The name Loris Karius always makes me think of The Life of Brian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Jaysus lads, whatever went wrong with Viktor Fischer? About to sign for Middlesbrough for 4 million. Shows the power of the premiership financially but wasn't he supposedly to be the next big thing coming out of Ajax?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

"I have a vewy gweat fwiend in Wome" :pac:

Two years of injury does that, from the next big thing to a cheap punt (Viktor Fischer, that is)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

mormank wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I would have to question the part in bold. Coutinho has been wildly inconsistent for the best part of two seasons now and while Firminho had a very good second half of the season with us he was muck for the first few months with, sure he was played out of position, but he gives the ball away constantly during matches, wherever he is played.

Sometimes you will see players form dip when they have kids and nappies to deal with, and their form returns when kids reach toddler age, I have been critical of Coutinho but I reckon he has another 15% untapped potential in terms of stamina and consistency and I hope Klopp is confident of extracting that in the next few years. I love watching him play when on form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Colemania wrote: »
    Jaysus lads, whatever went wrong with Viktor Fischer? About to sign for Middlesbrough for 4 million. Shows the power of the premiership financially but wasn't he supposedly to be the next big thing coming out of Ajax?

Doesn't score enough goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

garra wrote: »
    Sometimes you will see players form dip when they have kids and nappies to deal with, and their form returns when kids reach toddler age

This has to be the worst example of clutching at straws I've ever seen. Are you actually being serious or is this a wind up?

Professional footballers aren't in any way comparable to average earners in terms of parenthood. They more often that not have a 'housewife' and their multi million annual income more than pays for any extra care required.

I'd be interested to see the other players who have experienced a significant drop of form as a result of being a father.

A complete and utter scutter attempt at an excuse in my opinion. Coutinho has never been consistent. Having a child is nothing to do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭jem

To juventus they reckon

jany before this news came out I posted on TIA that it may be worth while puting in a bid for him or alonso to add a bit of experience to what looks like will be a very young squad.
    i made reference to gary mac signing for us, strackan signing for leeds all those years ago as examples

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Don't think it's that big a stretch. Same thing happened to Allen imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Makes me think of Game of Thrones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Negative_G wrote: »
    This has to be the worst example of clutching at straws I've ever seen. Are you actually being serious or is this a wind up?

Professional footballers aren't in any way comparable to average earners in terms of parenthood. They more often that not have a 'housewife' and their multi million annual income more than pays for any extra care required.

I'd be interested to see the other players who have experienced a significant drop of form as a result of being a father.

A complete and utter scutter attempt at an excuse in my opinion. Coutinho has never been consistent. Having a child is nothing to do with it.

Christ!

Well you certainly live up to your name I guess...

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Makes me think of Game of Thrones

Well he is a Bieber fan.

I saw a tweet that I can't post here that made me chuckle. It basically said why Klopp is perfect for Liverpool and Mourinho is perfect for Utd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Don't think it's that big a stretch. Same thing happened to Allen imo.

Yep. I said the same a while back too.

I saw a tweet that I can't post here that made me chuckle. It basically said why Klopp is perfect for Liverpool and Mourinho is perfect for Utd.

tumblr_lrtsx6BZPA1r33rbuo1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Negative_G wrote: »

They are comparable, all are human! Not making excuses for him, he has been indifferent but if Klopp feels he is worth keeping then I'm happy to see how that goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

garra wrote: »
    They are comparable, all are human! Not making excuses for him, he has been indifferent but if Klopp feels he is worth keeping then I'm happy to see how that goes.

Fair enough, apologies if my post came across a bit thorny.

Coutinho on his day is a joy to watch. He has a tendency to go missing a little bit too often for my liking. Still wouldn't like to see him leave all the same.
    ~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Christ!

Well you certainly live up to your name I guess...

Thanks for the input. It was excellent.

• Advertisement

tumblr_lrtsx6BZPA1r33rbuo1_500.gif

Certainly not.

However, if you went to twitter and looked at @RichieG_LFC and what he posted an hour or so ago you might find it. It's just the abruptness of it that I thought was funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,664 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

ah your gonna have to post it , or a link , now :}

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Certainly not.

However, if you went to twitter and looked at @RichieG_LFC and what he posted an hour or so ago you might find it. It's just the abruptness of it that I thought was funny.
    ah your gonna have to post it , or a link , now :}

Here you go

https://twitter.com/RichieG_LFC/status/735887323108364288.

Hmmm... can't seem to stop that popping up as a picture...

**Copy the link but delete the full stop at the end

That is magnificent.

Awww, deleted now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Awww, deleted now.

no it isnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Says page doesn't exist for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,664 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Says page doesn't exist for me.

Same here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

Right click the link, open in a new tab/window
    When the page doesn't display, remove the full stop from the end and load
    The URL is truncated above, so if you just copy/paste as is, it doesn't work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement