Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Markovic on now for Fenerbache in the Turkish Cup final vs Galatasaray(fùck that is a lot of a's). On BT Europe, its been an awful watch mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That's it? :confused: Meh.

Lazar Markovic (remember him?) is playing in the Turkish Cup against Gala, came on at about 65th minute, has been quite good, created a few dangerous situations.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ye must be desperate for football if ye are watching the Turkish Cup Final.

I only switched it on when Markovic came on! Nasty collision between two gala players. The two sides are a retirement home for has beens and a place for nearly were's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I only switched it on when Markovic came on! Nasty collision between two gala players. The two sides are a retirement home for has beens and a place for nearly were's.
    Do you have some of Liverpool On Loan watch App or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

ardinn wrote: »

banned

MD1990 wrote: »

He is the Liverpool On Loan App.

er no, I knew he was on the bench and when something I was watching off disk ended I just had a look and hey presto he'd just come on. So I picked it up.

Anyway FT Fener 0 - 1 Gala.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Says page doesn't exist for me.

Ah, it's a tweet about something from before 1992 then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Just about to post that. It looks like we are using Southampton to launder money at this stage.

Good player Sadio Mane, I remember posting about him (on my previous account), ideal 3rd choice striker.

Don't believe it for a minute I should say.
    Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Mahmoud Dahoud is Klopp's first choice to bolster his midfield, while negotiations are ongoing with Leicester for left-back Ben Chilwell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

5starpool wrote: »
    Just about to post that. It looks like we are using Southampton to launder money at this stage.

Except it comes out the opposite of clean on our side!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

K-9 wrote: »

Except it comes out the opposite of clean on our side!
    That would be 'dirty' then. What do I win? :P

I'm not buying the Mane rumour anyhow. I'm putting it in the same dartboard rumour category as Brahimi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We will be lined to Long again by the end of the week I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The ol' 'you had a good game against us we'll sign you' transfer policy....yet after years of keepers having the game of their lives against us we still have Mignolet.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

Apart from signing Matip what other centre back is on the way in with Kolo and Skrtel leaving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Problem with Mane is consistency. Looks like one of the best players in the world on his day. Usually that day is when he plays Liverpool. Can then go missing for weeks.

Actually think he could be brilliant under Klopp though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Problem with Mane is consistency. Looks like one of the best players in the world on his day. Usually that day is when he plays Liverpool. Can then go missing for weeks.

Actually think he could be brilliant under Klopp though.

If we could get him to use the summer weeks to that, we'll be sorted.

The problem is how? A new calendar maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Jesus, I remember when I use to post about the team in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Certainly not.

However, if you went to twitter and looked at @RichieG_LFC and what he posted an hour or so ago you might find it. It's just the abruptness of it that I thought was funny.

It is nothing we did not all already know in that tweet

It is nothing we did not all already know in that tweet

Oh absolutely, just loved the abruptness of it.

ardinn wrote: »

He doesn't like Mourinho does he...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What does Klopp know about Mane , I think a suit is crunching stats and numbers and interfering. I what Klopp to sign his players, Loris clearly his buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Wouldnt be suprised if this mane story was leaked to try get gotze to make his mind up.

Although if the rumours are true and the deal is mane for 25 million and ibe i would be happy enough. Mane is a very good player and still only 23

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

To be honest I'd take Mane over Gotze

In Gotze we would have a top class player who would probably be the best player in the squad. But it would be a marginal upgrade on a position we are already sufficient in. Gotze is a great "number 10" attacking type midfielder. he isnt a centre mid by any chance. He can play wide but he isnt the type of player who you would be sending balls forward for him to beat a man to. He is a feet player rather than a pace player.

In Mane we would have kinda the opposite. He is a pure pace player with a bit of strength who has a decent finish rate.

This season our lack of pace up front killed us. Whatever about Danny, we have no pace in the wide spots since Sterling left. That was the only gutting thing about losing Sterling.

Sturridge
    Coutinho---Gotze---Firmino

Sturridge
    Mane---Coutinho---Firmino

I really prefer the second option as it offers us more options rather than just three players playing the same way behind the striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

ricero wrote: »
    Wouldnt be suprised if this mane story was leaked to try get gotze to make his mind up.

Although if the rumours are true and the deal is mane for 25 million and ibe i would be happy enough. Mane is a very good player and still only 23

This post is insane. Firstly, I would very much seriously doubt that Gotze is at home thinking 'what? Liverpool are after Mane? I better stop playing games and let them know I want to sign for them. This has really shaken me"

Secondly, you'd be happy if we spent £25m on him?? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I quite like Mane - but I'm tired of the way that we're becoming a self-fulfilling parody with the amount of Southampton players we sign. This is the 6th player in 2 years.

I just hope Ian Ayre has been getting the card stamped each time so we can get one for free soon.

loyaltycard.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Anyone that has played Fantasy Premier League in the last couple of years will tell you that Mane is indeed explosive but very flaky and inconsistent.

Imho, he's the answer to a problem that we don't have at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Gotze already made his mind up - he said no, it's time to move on from that story.

It's more likely that Southampton/the player's agent would leak the story to firm up interest from other clubs. Mane has been linked with Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Talisman wrote: »
    It's more likely that Southampton/the player's agent would leak the story to firm up interest from other clubs. Mane has been linked with Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd this season.

It's what agents have been using us for for well over a decade.

Umaro wrote: »
    I quite like Mane - but I'm tired of the way that we're becoming a self-fulfilling parody with the amount of Southampton players we sign. This is the 6th player in 2 years.
    Is it not the fifth? Clyne, Lallana, Lambert and Lovren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

monkey9 wrote: »

This post is insane. Firstly, I would very much seriously doubt that Gotze is at home thinking 'what? Liverpool are after Mane? I better stop playing games and let them know I want to sign for them. This has really shaken me"

Secondly, you'd be happy if we spent 25m on him?? :eek:

25m is really not that much now when considering the wealth of the premeir league

• Advertisement

corwill wrote: »
    It's what agents have been using us for for well over a decade.
    Yep and people still swallow the stories.

Yarmalenko,
    Dembele,
    Embolo,
    Gotze,
    Mane

I see a trend.....!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Talisman wrote: »
    Is it not the fifth? Clyne, Lallana, Lambert and Lovren.

I include Caulker in this as well - but understandable if you don't want to count him.

Yarmalenko,
    Dembele,
    Embolo,
    Gotze,
    Mane

I see a trend.....!
    We'll just have to get ourselves linked with Oxlade-Chamberlain to break the trend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

25m is really not that much now when considering the wealth of the premeir league

I honestly don't think Mane is that much better than Origi. I mean, he's ok. He's certainly not bad or anything but 25m!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mr.H wrote: »
    To be honest I'd take Mane over Gotze

In Gotze we would have a top class player who would probably be the best player in the squad. But it would be a marginal upgrade on a position we are already sufficient in. Gotze is a great "number 10" attacking type midfielder. he isnt a centre mid by any chance. He can play wide but he isnt the type of player who you would be sending balls forward for him to beat a man to. He is a feet player rather than a pace player.

In Mane we would have kinda the opposite. He is a pure pace player with a bit of strength who has a decent finish rate.

This season our lack of pace up front killed us. Whatever about Danny, we have no pace in the wide spots since Sterling left. That was the only gutting thing about losing Sterling.

Sturridge
    Coutinho---Gotze---Firmino

Sturridge
    Mane---Coutinho---Firmino

I really prefer the second option as it offers us more options rather than just three players playing the same way behind the striker.
    It's a bit optimistic having Sturridge up top in both teams?

Chances are he will play 2/3 of the game time this coming season at best.

And I'm being optimistic at that, seeing as Hodgson will have him for the most of the summer and has a habit of sending back his toys to us with bits missing:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

While the price is too high, I agree with the general idea. If G tze does not make his mind up soon the we should move on quickly. I don't want a long protracted 'will they, won't they' summer and I don't think the club does either. Klopp mentioned that this is the only time he has to train the team so I get the impression that he wants to do business fairly soon and put them through their paces.

The Reds were actually close to a deal for Mane back in 2014, but then manager Brendan Rodgers declined the chance to sign the forward, who would then move to Southampton in a £12m deal. He has since scored 25 goals in 75 games for the Saints - including a double against the Reds last season as Southampton overturned a 2-0 deficit to win 3-2 at St Mary’s.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-line-up-bid-sadio-11392979

So we could have got in 2014 for 12m but turned him down. Probably because he wasn't PL proven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Umaro wrote: »
    I include Caulker in this as well - but understandable if you don't want to count him.

Caulker was only on loan at Southampton so technically we signed him from QPR didnt we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

I don't get how mane is an alternative to gotze as they are very different players but whatever. I like mane, very quick and can beat a man and knows (at times) where the net is. Things we are desperately short of in the current squad.

Think dahoud ain't gonna happen either given gladbach already sold two midfielders, trying to be positive about transfers but we've had countless issues pushing through big deals before.

The one thing is certain we cannot afford to have the injury prone Sturridge as our first choice forward for us next season.

He really is living up to that nickname we are no longer allowed to call him on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

What does Klopp know about Mane , I think a suit is crunching stats and numbers and interfering. I what Klopp to sign his players, Loris clearly his buy.

Because Klopp has no knowledge of players that have played in Ligue 1 , and then for Red Bull Salzburg and then was hugely impressive for a very good Southampton side in the premier league:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

The one thing is certain we cannot afford to have the injury prone Sturridge as our first choice forward for us next season.

He really is living up to that nickname we are no longer allowed to call him on here.

Weetabix legs?

Weetabix legs?

Fit footballer

This Mane stuff is nonsense. Can we concentrate on positions which really need strengthening? At least with Götze he was world class.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement