Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Perhaps he is a crock,gotze

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I doubt its about money. He's minted anyway. May just be a home bird. Can't see him going back to Dortmund - he's burnt that bridge. I'd say he genuinely wants to fight for his place at Bayern - he's from Bavaria.

It's always about the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I doubt its about money. He's minted anyway. May just be a home bird. Can't see him going back to Dortmund - he's burnt that bridge. I'd say he genuinely wants to fight for his place at Bayern - he's from Bavaria.

I have taught a lot of students from Bavaria...they can be rather special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I suspect they think they are great being rich southerners while those from say Schleswig Holstein are more down to earth and modest.

edit - Lewandowski's agent is whoring his client to Real Madrid so Gotze might find he has a place next season yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I have taught a lot of students from Bavaria...they can be rather special.

Special or "Special"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

I suspect they think they are great being rich southerners while those from say Schleswig Holstein are more down to earth and modest.

edit - Lewandowski's agent is whoring his client to Real Madrid so Gotze might find he has a place next season yet.

should we not try sign him ?

Gotze would be nuts to leave Munich for us atm.

Doh Munich

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Gotze would be nuts to leave Dortmund for us atm.

May-2016-Calendar-S3.gif

What's the image Harry? Can't see it

Edit, gotze in a Munich Jersey?

Calender! Indicating the year of our Lord :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Aleix Vidal now being linked at £45m.

Yeah right. Mediocre player for an absolute fortune. No decent transfer rumours happen at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Aleix Vidal now being linked at £45m.

Former Seville wingback? Fuuuuuu....

corwill wrote: »
    Former Seville wingback? Fuuuuuu....

Yup Moreno on one side and him on the other :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Talk from L'Équipe that Sakho is to be cleared of all charges and will receive no further punishment.

Would be great news but bloody hell the club/sakho must be livid considering it cost him a chance to play in the final.

joe123 wrote: »
    Talk from L'Équipe that Sakho is to be cleared of all charges and will receive no further punishment.

Would be great news but bloody hell the club/sakho must be livid considering it cost him a chance to play in the final.

And the Euros.

Seems the banned substance isn't on UFEA's list of banned substances so it's not a banned substance.

#loophole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Are the squads finalised?

Surely Koscielny could take one for the team and get 'injured' so Sakho can step in.

It was just a few yokes lads that's all.

G8S6vyU.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Are UEFA idiots, did they even check to see if it was banned substance before banning him for 30 days?

Cost him a chance to play in a European final plus the European Championship which his country are favourites to win!

The final was not lost due to Sakho's absence - Origi more than anyone. plus Klopp's two in the middle didn;t work of course.

Anyway hopefully L'equipe haven't gone off half-cocked with this news.

Can France change their squad or is it too late (unless they nobble a CB during training!)

Great news about Sakho if that's true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

rob316 wrote: »

Cost him a chance to play in a European final plus the European Championship which his country are favourites to win!

Presumably if he is cleared then he would still be available for the Euros as the squads haven't been declared yet.

rob316 wrote: »
    Are UEFA idiots, did they even check to see if it was banned substance before banning him for 30 days?

If that's true (it's so outlandish, it's scarcely believable), he should sue the ****ing bollix off UEFA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

More anti Liverpool stuff I assume, Redmen also going with this now, sure Twatter waffle on here a few days ago saying the club sacked him...

http://twitter.com/TheRedmenTV/status/736549875932921856/photo/1?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=TheRedmenTV&utm_content=736549875932921856

• Advertisement

Belgium playing this afternoon - our lot are all on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

never doubted him lads,nope,not me

Just heard the Sakho news. Absolutely made up with that. It's made my weekend.

If true,of course,but looking like it is.

Added bonus of it making some lads look very silly in the doping thread.

France name there squad on Tuesday so he's still in with a chance.

https://twitter.com/_ChrisBascombe/status/736552461113143297

Sakho's provisional suspension is over. Not been extended pending UEFA investigation as to whether fat-burner was illegal. story to follow..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

garra wrote: »
    That would be a hemispherical issue

Eh, yeah I know that. Just imagine the african nation's cup didn't exist and someone suggested it today. I'm pretty sure it would be laughed out of the room it was suggested in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Paging Barney Ronay. Mr. Ronay please.

mosstin wrote: »
    Paging Barney Ronay. Mr. Ronay please.

A lot of people have been left looking a bit silly over this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

I actually enjoy his pieces. He normally takes the piss out of people who take the moral high ground like he did in his Sakho piece. Gutted for Sakho if the rumours are true but thrilled to be able to count on him again next season.

Systematic doping was being put out there by boards doping experts

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If true pity the news didn't come too late for him to be involved in the Euro's. I'd prefer if all our players were left out and decided to retire from international football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Great news about Sahko. Well done UEFA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Great news if Sakho is cleared, but the cynic in me thinks he will be cleared to play for France at the Euros while UEFA investigate further, and he'll get a ban once the tournament ends.

This makes no sense at all really.
    The 30-day provisional suspension ends today. The chairman of the Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body decided not to extend it. The player would thus be free to play as from tomorrow. A decision on the case will be made within the next few days.

If they have something on him surely the suspension would be extended. What have they been doing for the last month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Any chance of a EL final replay UEFA? ;)

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Any chance of a EL final replay UEFA? ;)

Presumably plenty would be in favour of this, if they're to remain consistent with the logic they recently employed in advocating kicking Liverpool out of the Europa League, the Premier League, the European Union, the United Nations and knocking Anfield to its foundations and sowing the ground with salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

corwill wrote: »
    Presumably plenty would be in favour of this, if they're to remain consistent with the logic they recently employed in advocating kicking Liverpool out of the Europa League, the Premier League, the European Union, the United Nations and knocking Anfield to its foundations and sowing the ground with salt.

I presume all this was said in the other Liverpool superthread?

mav79 wrote: »
    Great news if Sakho is cleared, but the cynic in me thinks he will be cleared to play for France at the Euros while UEFA investigate further, and he'll get a ban once the tournament ends.

Haha, wouldn't surprise me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

It's a win for the Liverpool country.

Origi played the last 30 or so against Switzerland this afternoon - very good performance.

Played on the right of a front three, kept his width most of the time had two good shots on goal a bicycle kick and a shot with his left which deflected and hit the post. He closed down the defenders trying to play out and made himself available plus he got back to snuff out a dangerous attack by the Swiss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Euro 2016: Mamadou Sakho could play for France as Uefa opts not to extend ban
    Mamadou Sakho could play for France at Euro 16 after Uefa opted against extending a provisional 30-day suspension for a failed drugs test.

European football's governing body confirmed in a statement that Sakho would be free to play from Sunday.

The Liverpool defender, 26, was banned as a result of a test taken after his side's Europa League last-16 second-leg match Manchester United on 17 March.

Uefa added that a decision on the case will be made within the next few days.

In his defence to Uefa's disciplinary committee, Sakho questioned whether the fat burner-type substance which caused him to fail the test should be on the World Anti-Doping Agency's list of prohibited substances.

The decision - by the chairman of Uefa's control, ethics and disciplinary body - not to extend the ban means Sakho will be available to France coach Didier Deschamps for the European Championship finals.

Teams have until Tuesday to submit their final squads for the tournament, which starts when hosts France play Romania on 10 June.

Deschamps has lost Barcelona defender Jeremy Mathieu to a calf injury, with uncapped Lyon player Samuel Umtiti, 22, added to the national squad as his replacement.

Sakho has not played since Liverpool's 4-0 win over Everton on 20 April.

Liverpool have declined to comment on Uefa's decision.
    That was clever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Absolutely delighted with the Sakho news. Best bit of news in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Wow just brilliant news. He's probably go off to the Euros and win the frigging thing.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Systematic doping was being put out there by boards doping experts

Most of us are "naive" to that of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Seems the banned substance isn't on UFEA's list of banned substances so it's not a banned substance.

#loophole.

It's not a loophole at all. If true it's downright negligence on behalf of UEFA and/or WADA or whoever is responsible.

Banned substances are black and white. If it's on the list and you take it and get caught the book (is rightly) thrown at you but if you check the list and something which can help your health or performance isn't on the list you should be free to take it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement