Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I don't think Welsh Pirlo Xavi Jesus lovechild would hook up with Brendan at Celtic, sure they couldn't afford him and I doubt he would want to go there...

He's a new man under Klopp IMO...

Whether he gets much game time next season is another thing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Lloyd as someone deeply involved in the world you describe I can tell you we have reached a point where the testers are so far behind (due to complete mismatch of resources and political will) that masking agents are more or less a thing of the past. If Sakho was willfully cheating he was most likely simply taking what he tested positive for. Athletes who get caught nowadays are either careless/naive/dumb (no shortage of them in sport) or poor and take a chance on some old school PED.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Allen to the SPL, no no he is so much better than that. Why would he want to go work under a manager who totally misused him too in his time at Liverpool?

Championship would be a better move than the SPL.

There is a dozen teams in the PL he would improve going on his performances this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

K-9 wrote: »
    They did. He's only 26 so we'd get £7/8 Million which is half Celtic's war chest! Can't imagine Desmond giving Rodgers too much budget control!

I would be very unhappy if we sold Allen. Why does no one give him any credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J Mysterio wrote: »

I just don't think people see him as a big difference maker nobody has criticised him lately.
    He wants to be a starter tho & is better than Celtic but is not good enough to be a starter for us. If we want to try get into the top 4 or higher we have to be ruthless. I'd like him to stay but not as a starter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Milkers wrote: »
    Lloyd as someone deeply involved in the world you describe I can tell you we have reached a point where the testers are so far behind (due to complete mismatch of resources and political will) that masking agents are more or less a thing of the past. If Sakho was willfully cheating he was most likely simply taking what he tested positive for. Athletes who get caught nowadays are either careless/naive/dumb (no shortage of them in sport) or poor and take a chance on some old school PED.

Or are let down by a systemic failure in their medical program a la the Russian sports program over the last couple of years...

Thanks for the post though - I guess he was taking fat burners then! I still have no idea why!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That guy with the t-shirt has been arrested now by the looks of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I wonder what shop would have printed it if he did not do it himself.

Before he took his facebook down there were other stuff he had up that was vile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Would like to keep Allen around next year, done more than enough to be an excellent squad player next year, or maybe start a few games, depending on who comes into the middle this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Those unsightly pillars being removed from anfield after all these years

CjntnYXWgAE4-kH.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

J Mysterio wrote: »

I always liked him and I think most Liverpool supporters appreciate him now.

I'd keep him over Lucas (controversial!) if we upgrade at DM.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Pity there's going to be restricted viewing in the new stand too.

Yes. Official police statement:

https://www.westmercia.police.uk/article/19213/Worcester-man-arrested-on-suspicion-of-public-order-offence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

K-9 wrote: »
    I always liked him and I think most Liverpool supporters appreciate him now.

I'd keep him over Lucas (controversial!) if we upgrade at DM.

Before Klopp came in I was vocally negative about Allen on here but I must admit that he has looked alot more competent under Klopp. So much so that I would now advocate keeping him as a squad player also. Under Rodgers he was too much of a shrinking violet on the pitch whereas klopp seems to have given him more confidence to actually start affecting games rather than just passing the ball to the centre backs all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

mormank wrote: »
    Before Klopp came in I was vocally negative about Allen on here but I must admit that he has looked alot more competent under Klopp. So much so that I would now advocate keeping him as a squad player also. Under Rodgers he was too much of a shrinking violet on the pitch whereas klopp seems to have given him more confidence to actually start affecting games rather than just passing the ball to the centre backs all the time.

Nah, when he came in first I can remember games where he was punting it up to Yaya Toure and was playing well.
    His problem for a long while was injuries and taking too long to get back up to speed.
    Then the overall team tailed off under Rodgers and most players form was affected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Nah, when he came in first I can remember games where he was punting it up to Yaya Toure and was playing well.
    His problem for a long while was injuries and taking too long to get back up to speed.
    Then the overall team tailed off under Rodgers and most players form was affected.

Ha I remember that 1 game too!! He was very good when he first came for about 2-3 months, especially against Man City, and then fell away for the rest of his time here under Brendo, let's be honest here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

"Police acted very quickly to arrest the individual and he remains in police custody at this time."

- All that **** sent to his home and the ****er wasn't even there..?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Pity there's going to be restricted viewing in the new stand too.

Luckily no one will actually notice as they'll have passed out due to lack of oxygen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Is that Sakho I see holding the roof up while they remove the pillars?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Luckily no one will actually notice as they'll have passed out due to lack of oxygen!

Will it be higher up than St James Park main stand? I was nearly all the way back at the top years ago, players were like ants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

rob316 wrote: »
    Will it be higher up than St James Park main stand? I was nearly all the way back at the top years ago, players were like ants.

Zoolander-What-is-this-a-center-for-ants.gif

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Thank fcuk the pillars are gone. Really dampened my first game at Anfield back in 2008 when we beat United. One of the pillars was blocking the entire Anfield Road end goal and I missed our equaliser. Good feckin riddance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

xabi wrote: »
    Is that Sakho I see holding the roof up while they remove the pillars?

Those drugs would make you do awful things!

Looks like the Zielinski move is off but the Gotze one could be back on.

It's going to be a long few months of yoyo transfer deals.

Nobody knows anything bar the manager hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

We're also in the running for Pierre Hojbjerg. 20 yo Dane at Bayern who has admitted he will need to move for first team football. Don't know much about him other than that he was on loan at Schalke.

I wish we could just Football manager-simulate this whole f*cking window. I'm so bored of speculation already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Is he the Chinese kid every one is trying to sign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Just came across this explanation of Sakhos fat-busting drugs and it explains it fairly well in the first post, I think.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/4ll78t/sakhos_banned_substance_higenamine_and_why_uefa/

It is and he comes with a huge Chinese sponsorship deal in Cello's

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Supposedly like a cross between Yaya & Kolo Toure....He loves cake & fatburners

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Augeo wrote: »
    A saucy bastad.

Just a g0b5h1te really

garra wrote: »
    Just a g0b5h1te really

Worcester man

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worcestershire_sauce

170px-Lea_%26_Perrins_worcestershire_sauce_150ml.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

garra wrote: »
    Just a g0b5h1te really

Imagine, at the age of 50, getting up on a Sunday morning and thinking that you'll go to the pub wearing that t-shirt. A lot must have gone wrong with your life for that to seem like a good idea. I think I feel a tiny bit sorry for the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

corwill wrote: »
    Imagine, at the age of 50, getting up on a Sunday morning and thinking that you'll go to the pub wearing that t-shirt. A lot must have gone wrong with your life for that to seem like a good idea. I think I feel a tiny bit sorry for the guy.

I was about to post something similar, imagine how empty your life is to do something as sad as that? pitiful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

corwill wrote: »

Really? Your sympathy seems misplaced here. He's the embodiment of the many internet - specifically Twitter - trolls who say outrageous things for no other reason than to gain attention and notoriety.
    He's contemptible and judging by some of the other images posted this isn't a one-off as far as baiting goes.
    Piece of **** as far as I'm concerned.

mosstin wrote: »
    Really? Your sympathy seems misplaced here. He's the embodiment of the many internet - specifically Twitter - trolls who say outrageous things for no other reason than to gain attention and notoriety.
    He's contemptible and judging by some of the other images posted this isn't a one-off as far as baiting goes.

Only a tiny bit. An electron microscope would be required to spot it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Id say its more pity than sorrow really though

MickyRyan has rejected a contract extension - will be free next year.

One of the snapshots of his facebook chats with a friend of his was essentially...

- I wore my T shirt
    - people got angry
    - guy spat on me
    - handbags
    - I'm barred from pub
    - I am legend

total brain dead w@nker, carrying on like a 12 year old with bad parents.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

MickyRyan has rejected a contract extension - will be free next year.

Chelsea will delight in signing him.

Maybe Liverpool can take Gotze for a year on loan and then he goes back to BVB to replace Micky? Gotta be worth a go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

5starpool wrote: »
    Chelsea will delight in signing him.

To replace Willian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

To replace Willian.

Like for like so, with Micky replacing Willie.

Yesil to leave on a free his contract is not being renewed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Yesil to leave on a free his contract is not being renewed.

Always felt he had great potential, never seemed to have lived up to it though

Terrible luck with injuries meant he was always getting shuffled back as he got older.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Sad about Yesil, I always wanted to see him develop into a starter for us.
    I hope that he manages to get a career on track elsewhere, hopefully somewhere in Germany where he can establish himself again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Monchi is to leave sevilla. I would be shocked if fsg didnt make a play for him

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    Monchi is to leave sevilla. I would be shocked if fsg didnt make a play for him

Just the guy we need. Hopefully egos around the TC table wouldn't get in the way of making it happen, given FSG started out wanting a DofF. We know Klopp has worked successfully with a DoF in the past.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement