Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Was thinking the very same recently but with a slightly different take on it.

I hated seeing players leave, and Suarez hurt more than any, which is sad considering my age. But I would quickly forget about them as it's the club I support.

However, when you see the list of special players we've sold over the years it made me realise, for the first time, that we are effectively a feeder club for bigger teams. That really saddens me. I was blinded by my desire for LFC.

If the club thought about selling Coutinho, especially at his age, then I would be concerned about their ambition. He's our best player. Why would we sell him ? Even £70 million means nothing as it doesn't guarantee replacing him.

How will we ever win the league again if we spend time finding good players and then have no problem selling them before we get a chance to ADD to the team and get the best years from these players.

It's a nonsense to think we can win the league again without keeping our best players for their best years.

I understand it's possible but it just makes the task harder than it already is. A stance needs to be taken.

When you think about it though the biggest clubs often sell their best players

Kaka, Ronaldo, C Ronaldo, Beckham, Etoo, Ibra, Figo, Viera, Henry, Cesc, Nasri and Im sure we could list a million more.

Selling big players means nothing. Sometimes its because the player wants out. Other times its a means to an end. Life goes on and so do clubs.

The problem is there must be thought behind it.

If I was in charge and I sold Coutinho my line up would change from

Ibe Coutinho Firmino
    ----Sturridge

to

Mane Gotze Firmino
    Sturridge

For what its worth I think its a stronger line up but thats only my opinion.

If Klopp sold Coutinho he may have another plan.

The problem is often when we sold players such as Suarez for example, we had no plan. We just bought whoever we could get.

Mr.H wrote: »
    When you think about it though the biggest clubs often sell their best players

Kaka, Ronaldo, C Ronaldo, Beckham, Etoo, Ibra, Figo, Viera, Henry, Cesc, Nasri and Im sure we could list a million more.

Selling big players means nothing. Sometimes its because the player wants out. Other times its a means to an end. Life goes on and so do clubs.

The problem is there must be thought behind it.

If I was in charge and I sold Coutinho my line up would change from

Ibe Coutinho Firmino
    ----Sturridge

to

Mane Gotze Firmino
    Sturridge

For what its worth I think its a stronger line up but thats only my opinion.

If Klopp sold Coutinho he may have another plan.

The problem is often when we sold players such as Suarez for example, we had no plan. We just bought whoever we could get.

I understand players can move on from any club but the problem starts when you'd prefer not to sell but end up doing so.

I also agree there is ZERO point keeping a player who makes it quite clear he wants to go like Sterling did.

Maybe every club should try harder to keep their players happier and pay them the going rate before it puts their nose out of joint.

I completely agree with your last paragraph too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Honestly, I dont know if I can follow this thread anymore. It's great during the season and ive veen contributing regularly for a while now buts its just open season for retarded posts at the moment.

Lets sell our best players!

We dont need Coutinho, Lallana etc.

Do ye actually follow Liverpool? FFS!

Lets sell all our players and buy everyone else! I can't cope.

Something to be said for taking a thread holiday until start of pre-season. Some awful gick here the last few days, and there's little reason to wonder why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Lads ye can just dissapear for a while,no need to announce it

Ah jaysis thanks for the permission, yer fierce good altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

People getting very tetchy in here.

Didn't take long for the lack of football to drive everyone nuts. We're awful sad really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Lads it's sunny out. Turn off the monitor and go outside and post from your phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Lads it's sunny out. Turn off the monitor and go outside and post from your phone.

Tried that once and the glare of that rotten ball of fire in the sky caused me to make a typo that got me banned. True story.

I don't need no vitamin D, I only broke three bones typing this post up.

People getting very tetchy in here.

Didn't take long for the lack of football to drive everyone nuts. We're awful sad really.

Worst in the world!

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Worst in the world!

And proud of it.

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Posting gifs is a pain in the balls on mobile.

corwill wrote: »
    Posting gifs is a pain in the balls on mobile.

Then you would miss out on stuff

tumblr_o06xsatmo41uwpe8bo1_400.gif

such as that.

Hear, we're trying to poach that kid from Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Go out and enjoy the sunshine just like our Panda buddies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The debate about Coutinho is probably already over if the work put out by trusted sources is to be believed.

I'm just happy to have no emotional attachment to players really, they come they go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

The debate about Coutinho is probably already over if the work put out by trusted sources is to be believed.

I'm just happy to have no emotional attachment to players really, they come they go.

As in he's going or staying?!?

Torres was the end of emotional attachment for me. I was legit heartbroken. Never again... i'm happy dying alone.

Announcing it is fine providing they followed through :cool:
    Unfortunately they won't :pac:

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    As in he's going or staying?!?

Torres was the end of emotional attachment for me. I was legit heartbroken. Never again... i'm happy dying alone.

That he is staying as far as the club are concerned.

Looks like we might have agreed a fee with Cologne for Hector now we are in talks with him to see if a deal can be reached.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Also rumors we have had a bid rejected for leroy sane and are considering making a 2nd bid

• Advertisement

This is Anfield isn't exactly James Pearce or Paul Joyce (Bad News must be on extended leave or something, it's ages since I saw anything from him), but hopefully it's true about Hector - the left back position now looms in my own mind as the biggest position to upgrade.

As for Sane, I have trouble seeing what he gives for the likely transfer fee. Sooner have Mane to be honest, at least he is oven ready and wouldn't cost more - probably less in fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

This is Anfield isn't exactly James Pearce or Paul Joyce (Bad News must be on extended leave or something, it's ages since I saw anything from him), but hopefully it's true about Hector - the left back position now looms in my own mind as the biggest position to upgrade.

As for Sane, I have trouble seeing what he gives for the likely transfer fee. Sooner have Mane to be honest, at least he is oven ready and wouldn't cost more - probably less in fact.

Joyce and echo say Hector rumour is not true

Entirely predictable.

https://twitter.com/JanAageFjortoft/status/739098479209893889
    Kicker asked the Bundesliga-players: Which other club would you like to play for?

The Klopp effect I'd guess.
    Andere = Other 20%

Barca 16.2%

Real Madrid 14%

Keine Angaben = No Answer 13.2%

Bayern 10.6%

Liverpool 9.8%

Arsenal 6%

Dortmund 5.1%

Man Utd 5.1%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

I'd say it's more to do with the fact that they want to play in the city that 'There She Goes' was written than anything else. Possibly.

• Advertisement

Four Liverpool players listed in Europe's top 100 most valuable

Coutinho, Can, Firmino and Ibe named by CIES Football Observatory's latest research

Four Liverpool players are among the 100 most valuable in Europe – according to the CIES Football Observatory.

The Swiss-based research body has released their latest monthly report, detailing the transfer values of players in Europe’s ‘big five’ leagues – England, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.

And a quartet of Jurgen Klopp's Reds feature.

Philippe Coutinho is 27th on the list, with an estimated value of 52.3m Euros (£41m), while Emre Can (£31m) is 59th.

Roberto Firmino (£30m) ranks 65th while, perhaps surprisingly, Jordon Ibe comes in at No.95 with a value of £23.7m – ahead of Borussia Dortmund star Marco Reus

Ibe £23.7 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Should cash in on that!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'd say we'd struggle to get half that if we sold him this summer.

th?id=OIP.M467dd2accfba707a508680f484ee6f25o0&pid=15.1

Mario Gotze who we are not signing has just scored not scored its an OG. Jonas Hector who we are not signing is also playing.

• Advertisement

Reus is having a bit of a fall from grace not picked for the German squad again and now ranked behind Ibe.

Sounds like the perfect "Moneyball" signing to me now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Chandsome a better left back option than Moreno.

Reus is having a bit of a fall from grace not picked for the German squad again and now ranked behind Ibe.

Sounds like the perfect "Moneyball" signing to me now ;)

He is crocked again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So the only logical thing left to do is offer Ibe to Dortmund in exchange for Reus and a couple million.

Any of you lads follow @TheKop on Twitter? I know a couple do. Anyway,he got banged up for 27 months for being a bit of a perv.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/voyeur-took-secret-pictures-video-11426524

:pac:
    In reply to The Kop
    Ü ‏@ThoseScouseLads 32m32 minutes ago

@TheKop update, you're in prison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

https://youtu.be/RXb9eIUOekM

Story of our season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Can played left back for germany last night apparently.....

387821.jpeg

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/05/jonas-hector-germany-unusual-left-back-philipp-lahm

Interesting bit on Jonas Hector, sounds like a likeable chap. This, though, really shouldn't induce a semi, but it does after watching that other fool at lb the last two years: "The staff may not say it openly, but they love Hector. Not because he is the best player in the world but because he is so incredibly reliable. A player who always stays within himself and remains eager to learn and to improve."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

corwill wrote: »
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/05/jonas-hector-germany-unusual-left-back-philipp-lahm

Interesting bit on Jonas Hector, sounds like a likeable chap. This, though, really shouldn't induce a semi, but it does after watching that other fool at lb the last two years: "The staff may not say it openly, but they love Hector. Not because he is the best player in the world but because he is so incredibly reliable. A player who always stays within himself and remains eager to learn and to improve."

Very like Clyne. I think having a player like that is brilliant in the team. You know they will go out and be solid week in and week out.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The higher his profile gets though, the more unlikely we'll get him I reckon, although he doesn't seem like one to move just for money or CL opportunity. He does though seem like the type that might not want to move to a different country which might work against us.

Confirmed - Allen is the Welsh Pirlo

Nah, he's The Liverpool Country Allen.

Brazillian Allan

P150801005-Helsinki_Liverpool-1033x840.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

I'm excited to see how Liverpool get on this season, Klopp has an entire summer to sign a few quality players and prepare for the next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Arsenal activating Vardy's 20 million release clause.

Lets start a bidding war, 20 million plus one!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

WarZ wrote: »
    I'm excited to see how Liverpool get on this season, Klopp has an entire summer to sign a few quality players and prepare for the next season.

Other teams will be spending huge money though. It'll be very tough. Mourinho is probably going to spend more than our club is worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Rachel Allen

rachel-allen.jpg?1308778963

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Other teams will be spending huge money though. It'll be very tough. Mourinho is probably going to spend more than our club is worth.

It will be most definitely. One thing I respect hugely about Liverpool is that they don't attempt to buy their way to success and instead build a culture. They try to promote from within and when they do sign players a lot of the time they are players that still have a lot to grow and are given time to truly adopt and breathe the club. United have lost their way since the era of Beckham, Scholes, Giggs and Neville. For me they've become another Chelsea or Manchester City.

Klopp is the perfect fit for a club like Liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Arsenal activating Vardy's 20 million release clause.

Lets start a bidding war, 20 million plus one!! :pac:

Our bid would be rejected, but Arsenals wouldn't. The clause only applies to bidders from the Champions League.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement