Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

CkDkpA0WUAEKeWE.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Augeo wrote: »
    It's unfortunate ings missed most of the season alright.

Very unfortunate. He wasn't the only one tho,was he?

Christ,Harry....is that lifesize?

Sorry, it's about time boards.ie had automatic picture sizing feature, if est1982 and RAWK can manage it.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Milkers wrote: »
    Foster & Allen?

]
    Amateur :rolleyes:

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Playing devils advocate here... how would you guys feel if we didn't sign any attacking players this summer?

We finish the window with Karius, Matip, Grujic, a new LB and a new midfielder for the pivot.

Would fixing the defense be enough to put us back in the Top 4? I feel like conceding 10 less goals over the course of a season would have us back in the mix.

Pivot? Single or double?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Matip can play as a defensive midfielder so maybe that's where he will play.

Sakho and Lovren were getting a good partnership going before UEFA split them up there is no need to split them up if UEFA backtrack on Sakho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

What I don't get is why we sign players, pay big money to do so , then act surprised that they don't fit the system we play. Benteke is example as is Balotelli .
    It's like Man United a club who want to play passing exciting football, they have now appointed 3 non football playing managers in a row WTF . 1-0 to Man U . Get used to it.
    I don't understand the logic of it.

It's simple really. Due to the wild successes of Fergie Man Utd were very late to the modern football reality, which is that most teams now just want to win at all costs. They were spoilt for so long that they could demand to play pretty football whilst winning. Now that haven't tasted success in so long, and in a utd fan's eyes a season or two without success has become a long time, they are willing to sell their souls to have the success back. Hence Jose's appointment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

CkDkpA0WUAEKeWE.jpg:large

What is this, a stadium for ants?!?! The stadium will have to be at least 2 or 3 times bigger than that..... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Now pivot
    Into shape
    Shape it up
    Get straight
    Go forward
    Move ahead
    Try to detect it
    It's not too late
    To pivot
    Pivot good
    When a good time turns around
    You must pivot
    You will never live it down
    Unless you pivot
    No one gets away
    Until they pivot
    I say pivot
    Pivot good
    I say pivot
    Pivot good
    Double pivot
    Give the man a slip
    When a problem comes along
    You must pivot
    Before the team sits back too long
    You must double pivot
    When something's goin' wrong
    You must pivot
    Now pivot
    Into shape
    Shape it up
    Get straight
    Go forward
    Move ahead
    Try to detect it
    It's not too late
    To pivot
    Into shape
    Shape it up
    Get straight
    Go forward
    Move ahead
    Try to detect it
    It's not too late
    To pivot
    Well, Double pivot

Devo - Pivot lyrics

Devo's favoured formation.

post-42243-should-you-whip-it-Flowchart-d-tNDA.jpeg

Celtic trying to buy Wisdom for £3m and have had a loan bud for Gomez rejected

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I have this vacuum of football. At least the Euros will provide a distraction for a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Saw that a few days ago alright. He's more of a "10" type than a winger though,isn't he?

Goes to show how much of an impression he made last time when I can't really remember where he played :D

If I recall, he didnt get a fair chance, ala Markovic.

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    If I recall, he didnt get a fair chance, ala Markovic.

Yep,probably a bit of that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Christ, i forgot all about Markovic. Is there any chat about him? Like is there talk of him leaving or getting a chance this season?

If they see fit to sell him, fine. But i would like to see him given a chance, see what he can do in a Klopp side.

It'll be interesting to see what happens him alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Reckon Lazar could do a decent job for us next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Hey Guys, I know some of you like the draft games, doing a tournament if anyone's interested.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057606351

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Reckon Lazar could do a decent job for us next season.

I would be surprised to see him at the club next season, but who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

5starpool wrote: »
    I would be surprised to see him at the club next season, but who knows.

He deserves a chance to prove himself playing in his proper position.

It was also said that he was very homesick so having another Serbian in the squad might help (Gruijic)

If Klopp thinks him worthy of keeping around, I'm quite ok with that. If he decides to get rid of him, I'm also grand with that and won't mind. I agree that he didn't get much of a run in his preferred position under Rodgers though.

Porto midfielder Hector Herrera linked via Fox Sport in Mexico (he's Mexican, has Liverpool had one in the side before?) Know nothing about him, other than what the usual profile sites say - box to box goal scoring player who is sadly rather ugly with sticky out ears which seems to go against current policy.

edit - bah! :mad:

edit edit http://www.beinsports.com/us/serie-a/news/porto-star-hector-herrera-heading-to-napoli/273710
    The deal should be complete within two weeks time, pending Napoli's sale of Gonzalo Higuain to Liverpool which should go through very soon.

However, other reports coming from Mexico state that Herrera is actually closest to Liverpool and not Napoli.

Umaro wrote: »
    Playing devils advocate here... how would you guys feel if we didn't sign any attacking players this summer?

We finish the window with Karius, Matip, Grujic, a new LB and a new midfielder for the pivot...........

Once the new midfielder goes on to be a deserved starter, a clear upgrade on Henderson & the current Can.

Perhaps another CM won't be coming in, hard to gauge how good Grujić is but I imagine he'll be expecting gametime. Hard to see him and Can being a midfield 2 at their age but you never know.

Of course if Benteke is sold I would expect another striker to come in.

I'd like to see us play two strikers in a good few PL games next season, if that's the plan we have enough in midfield with Henderson, Can, Grujić, Allen/Lucas, Milner, Coutinho, Lallana, Firmino and Markovic along with the lads coming through.
    "Enough" mightn't cut the mustard against the top PL teams but without European competition we will likely struggle to attract a real upgrade on what we have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Porto midfielder Hector Herrera linked via Fox Sport in Mexico (he's Mexican, has Liverpool had one in the side before?) Know nothing about him, other than what the usual profile sites say - box to box goal scoring player who is sadly rather ugly with sticky out ears which seems to go against current policy.

edit edit http://www.beinsports.com/us/serie-a/news/porto-star-hector-herrera-heading-to-napoli/273710

Haha it's like a double transfer pisstake! He goes to Napoli once we get Higuain. Does Pogba then sign for Porto to fill that void?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Honestly that Porto team this past season have been playing excellent stuff. I think they should have been closer to winning the league with the quality they have. Just a little too much inexperience. Would be happy enough with us looking at Herrera or Neves and Brahimi and the terrifically named Andre Andre also look decent - but the former 2 are ones to bid on

The Fox journalist is Vladimir Garcia (really, Vladimir) and he says on his own twitter
    Héctor Herrera is a step away from leaving Porto to Liverpool (Pachuca has 30% of his rights)
    Pachuca is the Mexican club he signed from.

Looking through his time line, he looks like the sort of chap that would know what was going on with a player in the national side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

8-10 wrote: »
    Honestly that Porto team this past season have been playing excellent stuff. I think they should have been closer to winning the league with the quality they have. Just a little too much inexperience. Would be happy enough with us looking at Herrera or Neves and Brahimi and the terrifically named Andre Andre also look decent - but the former 2 are ones to bid on

Neves hasn't pushed on as much as expected this past season, regressed if anything. Porto won't cash in on him until he becomes a proven, quality player so that could be a while yet, the lad is still extremely young tbf.
    Brahimi is way too expensive for what he is IMO, Andre Andre is the one from that side I'd be most interested in.

Wouldn't it be great to have a midfield of: Andre Andre Allen

• Advertisement

The Fox journalist is Vladimir Garcia (really, Vladimir) and he says on his own twitter

Pachuca is the Mexican club he signed from.

Looking through his time line, he looks like the sort of chap that would know what was going on with a player in the national side.

Also talk on twitter that Napoli are in for him.

Unfortunately indykalia says he's close to signing for us so that means it's unlikely

8-10 wrote: »
    Also talk on twitter that Napoli are in for him.

Unfortunately indykalia says he's close to signing for us so that means it's unlikely

:pac:

I was just on the big Porto message board
    Vi também num tweet, que costuma estar mais ou menos bem informado quanto a transferências no futebol inglês, que o Herrera estaria próximo de assinar pelo liverpool.

I also saw in a tweet, which tends to be more or less well informed about transfers in English football, that Herrera would be around to sign for liverpool.

The internet never forgets http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/13/3034848/pachuca-starlet-hector-herrera-admits-to-meeting-liverpool&sa=U&ved=0
    Liverpool target Hector Herrera has admitted he met an Anfield scout and that he is now ready to move to a bigger club

It'll be grand once we sign Higuain.

Yeah...Fuck summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Hector Herrera says he's delighted to be on the verge of signing for LFC:

giphy.gif

Well at least he's not 19 and one for the future:) .

Oh.....Wait doesn't that mean we won't sign him/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

corwill wrote: »
    Hector Herrera says he's delighted to be on the verge of signing for LFC

He's apparently also on the cusp of joining Napoli though :-/

https://www.beinsports.com/us/serie-a/news/porto-star-hector-herrera-heading-to-napoli/273710

Though that same article says the Napoli move is pending the sale of Higuain to us, so, y'know, silver linings :p

Aint nobody going' nowhere till the fat lady leans on something at Melwood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

With a bit of luck that'll wind up and all-out bidding war.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

With a bit of luck that'll wind up and all-out bidding war.

With a bit of luck they'll all f*ck off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Klopp pictured next to Nicolas Higuain (Gonzalo's brother and agent) at the Argentina v Chile game last night.

Looks like they're trying to drum up some interest and get him a move during the summer. Not to us obviously, but it'll be a great signing for someone. 38 goals in 42 games for Napoli this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Haha I love how they randomly throw in the bit about Higuain to Liverpool in the middle of that like its not really that important :pac:

Until people are leaning on a wall at Melwood its all a load of nonsense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I'd love to believe the Higuain stuff but I just can't let myself. We have no shortage of strikers and he'd cost a fortune for his age. Also, I'm not 100% convinced that's Higuain's brother in the pictures.

The Echo have just said there is no interest in Higuain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

We will probaly end up with shane long instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I've noticed a lot of 'downplaying' articles on the Echo lately. Stuff like saying targets can expect to be missed, 'Why we don't need Vardy' etc.

Asuming a lot of this info is coming from the club, I wonder if this is an FSG manage expectations exercise as they probably plan on spending very little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Liverpool Echo say it was Marc Klopp that Jurgen was sitting with.

Also links today to Leeds full-back Charlie Taylor and Nuri Sahin.

The links won't go away the next few weeks but chances are the deals will subside. Anyone at the Euros or the Copa America is likely to not be discussing moves so it rules out a huge segment of the players we are linked with. That said, if you believe the links to date, we'll have close to a completely new XI next season...

Karius
    Clyne / Matip / Lovren / Hector (with Guerreiro, Chilwell and Taylor backing him up!)
    Hector Herrera / Zielinski
    Gotze / Firmino / Mane
    Higuain

Title in the bag ...

I f*cking hate this time of year. Roll on Friday.

murpho999 wrote: »
    I've noticed a lot of 'downplaying' articles on the Echo lately. Stuff like saying targets can expect to be missed, 'Why we don't need Vardy' etc.

Asuming a lot of this info is coming from the club, I wonder if this is an FSG manage expectations exercise as they probably plan on spending very little.

I think they've just decided to be pro-active and snuff out stupid links if that is what they are. Klopp himself joked about the names being linked just before a game in May, he clearly knew who he was after and laughed at what the media/click-bait sites came up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

ricero wrote: »
    We will probaly end up with shane long instead

Id swap Mario and Benteke for Long and Mane ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

murpho999 wrote: »

Just makes no sense for FSG to bring in a world class manager like klopp and not back him with the cash for quality in the summer transfer window. It must be clear to them by now that the team is lacking quality

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement