Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I think they've just decided to be pro-active and snuff out stupid links if that is what they are. Klopp himself joked about the names being linked just before a game in May, he clearly knew who he was after and laughed at what the media/click-bait sites came up with.
    ricero wrote: »
    Just makes no sense for FSG to bring in a world class manager like klopp and not back him with the cash for quality in the summer transfer window. It must be clear to them by now that the team is lacking quality

It makes sense from a financial point of view not to spend money and keep it.
    It has been clear for years that the squad has lacked quality, hence one league cup win as only trophy since 2006 but FSG are in it for the money, not the football.
    I think they have a goal of selling the club and we face a continuous cycle of being linked with top players and missing out, Gotze being the latest whilst money is kept from selling best players. (Net spend and all that)
    Nothing solid happening elsewhere and now articles appear on the Echo, which has a special relationship with the club which suggest to me that nothing major will happen this summer.
    It’s something that could infuriate Klopp, and may drive him eventually out of the club. Hopefully I’m wrong about this and more stuff happens after the Euros but so far this window the signs are not good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Just makes no sense for FSG to bring in a world class manager like klopp and not back him with the cash for quality in the summer transfer window. It must be clear to them by now that the team is lacking quality

I really dont get why people would be surprised if Klopp himself didnt want "star names" signed.

He said himself he only wants players that want to fight to be at the club. SO that rules out mercenary type players straight away.

Grugic, Karius, Zielinski, Matip, Chilwell.................... these are the type of players we are after. Not star names.

We may chase Mane, Gotze and Hector but by in large we are chasing young talented players who have something to prove. Not players who are on loads of cash that can name their price.

Gotze could be a good example of someone we would actually chase. Like Coutinho he was talked up a lot as a teen sensation but seems to have taken a bit of a hit in his development (mostly lack of first team football to be fair). So he is someone that if he got a move would be fighting to prove himself.

Ibra is someone we wouldnt chase............ he names his price and will play for the team and offer that interests him the most. He may well be unbelievable but he could also turn out to be Falcao, DiMaria etc.

We cant afford mercenaries so we go with young fighters with something to prove. So dont expect a "marquee name" signing this year because while we might get treated to one, it is doubtful that it is our priority.

murpho999 wrote: »
    It makes sense from a financial point of view not to spend money and keep it.
    It has been clear for years that the squad has lacked quality, hence one league cup win as only trophy since 2006 but FSG are in it for the money, not the football.
    I think they have a goal of selling the club and we face a continuous cycle of being linked with top players and missing out, Gotze being the latest whilst money is kept from selling best players. (Net spend and all that)
    Nothing solid happening elsewhere and now articles appear on the Echo, which has a special relationship with the club which suggest to me that nothing major will happen this summer.
    It’s something that could infuriate Klopp, and may drive him eventually out of the club. Hopefully I’m wrong about this and more stuff happens after the Euros but so far this window the signs are not good.

Money is nothing to do with missing out on Gotze

Lack of Champions League is!!

Its no coincidence we where linked with him and he flirted with us, until the day after we lost the final and he distanced himself with us. In fact only his agent kept trying to link him then. Hence he sacked his agent and declared his future to Bayern (until they said "your grand, but we dont need you")

Mr.H wrote: »
    Money is nothing to do with missing out on Gotze

Lack of Champions League is!!

Its no coincidence we where linked with him and he flirted with us, until the day after we lost the final and he distanced himself with us. In fact only his agent kept trying to link him then. Hence he sacked his agent and declared his future to Bayern (until they said "your grand, but we dont need you")

Well let's see if Utd and Chelsea miss out on big signings in the summer as they face the same issue as us.

I bet they don't miss out on too much as money can solve a lot of issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Umaro wrote: »
    Klopp pictured next to Nicolas Higuain (Gonzalo's brother and agent) at the Argentina v Chile game last night.

Looks like they're trying to drum up some interest and get him a move during the summer. Not to us obviously, but it'll be a great signing for someone. 38 goals in 42 games for Napoli this season.

It's actually now being said that it is Klopp's son in the picture not Higuain's..
    http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/06/07/skeptical-liverpool-fans-fight-over-higuain-rumours-its-marc-klopp-not-nicolas-higuain/

Well let's see if Utd and Chelsea miss out on big signings in the summer as they face the same issue as us.

I bet they don't miss out on too much as money can solve a lot of issues.

I agree that it can

But let me ask you this

Would you sign Falcao right now? DiMaria?

Money can bring players but it doesnt mean they will perform.

Its been said loads about Coutinho only costing 8.5 million. But there are loads of signings like that.

Shaqiri - 12 million
    Nzonzi - 7 million
    Alderweireld - 11 million
    Payet - 10 million
    Kante - 5 million

Just some of the transfers from last summer. You dont need to spend big to make big signings. You just need to be clever.

I agree that it can

But let me ask you this

Would you sign Falcao right now? DiMaria?

Money can bring players but it doesnt mean they will perform.

Its been said loads about Coutinho only costing 8.5 million. But there are loads of signings like that.

Shaqiri - 12 million
    Nzonzi - 7 million
    Alderweireld - 11 million
    Payet - 10 million
    Kante - 5 million

Just some of the transfers from last summer. You dont need to spend big to make big signings. You just need to be clever.

Who mentioned Falcao or di Maria apart from you?

We have missed out on several targets over the last few years and I actually wonder if we were really fully in for them in the first place.

You read like that you have been successfully managed by FSG and doing their defending for them.

The players you mentioned, can happen but you also need to spend big as well, especially if you are supposed to be a big club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Pretty sure bringing in Klopp was largely on the basis that we'll be moving to a transfer strategy where we buy players who suit or tactical system and not just x player because he's good at football. We did that with Benteke and to a lesser extent mario.

We're prob gonna continue to try get undervalued players or players we feel can develop into superstars under Klopp. If we made a 20m+ signing this summer I'll be shocked. And not doing so doesn't mean we are screwed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

We wont sign "Star" players. Klopp doesn't have a track record of doing it anyway.

Who mentioned Falcao or di Maria apart from you?

We have missed out on several targets over the last few years and I actually wonder if we were really fully in for them in the first place.

You read like that you have been successfully managed by FSG and doing their defending for them.

The players you mentioned, can happen but you also need to spend big as well, especially if you are supposed to be a big club.

Firstly WE where in for Falcao and refused to budge on our valuation. Because we didnt pay over the odds we missed out on a huge flop. Now dont get me wrong we paid over the odds on quiet a few flops over the years.

In fact we over spent under FSG for Andy in their first window!!

We are not a big club right now

Fact is we havent had champions league for a few years and we dont have the cash of the "big clubs".

You say FSG havent spent but they have. They spent alot of money for this club.
    • They bought the club firstly
    • They written of most of our debt
    • paid off all the prior bills for the old "new stadium"
    • paid to have feasability studies done on a new stadium versus upgrading Anfield
    • Paid to upgrade Anfield

As for transfers, we have been in the 4th top spenders in the country over the course of the last 5 years and that does not reflect our league positions.

In a league that consists of City, Chelsea, United and Arsenal, to say we are the 4th biggest spenders in a crazy stat considering they all have WAY WAY WAY more money than we do.

But go on just blame FSG, sure its an excuse and at least we can pretend that we are been held back by someone else.

Apart from Aguero and maybe Sanchez (arguably even) name one player in the premier league that we missed out on (that cost a lot of money) that we can regret?

• Advertisement

What's the story with FSG ?

When they took over they made themselves very available. Werner and Linda's fella did a few interviews and were very much on the charm offensive. They said a lot of the right things.

I can remember an interview with Werner and he was coming across all nice guy Eddie. When he was asked about spending money he said something like 'we are not afraid to sign the cheques. Big money doesn't frighten us. For the right player we will break the bank'. He talked about the baseball team and signing off some huge contracts thus suggesting LFC could see the same.

They seem pretty anonymous now. The mantra seems to be buy young, cheap and develop. Then sell on for profit.

It's a load of lying Bòllocks no ?

Our transfer strategy has been poor. We spent our money poorly while losing our best players, simple as that.
    How that transfer committee wasn't ****ed out the door with BR is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Being honest i hope the rumors are true and fsg sell up after the stadium expansion and make a tidy profit for themselves. I have no faith in their model of running the club.

Do people want us to be spending money we dont have? I mean I'm not an accountant and would love the best players playing here but in reality we cant really do that can we?

They got in a quality manager who has proven that he can build a successful team and expanded the stadium. I mean, they haven't exactly ****ed us over or anything.

Firstly WE where in for Falcao and refused to budge on our valuation. Because we didnt pay over the odds we missed out on a huge flop. Now dont get me wrong we paid over the odds on quiet a few flops over the years.

Fact is we havent had champions league for a few years and we dont have the cash of the "big clubs".

• paid to have feasability studies done on a new stadium versus upgrading Anfield

As for transfers, we have been in the 4th top spenders in the country over the course of the last 5 years and that does not reflect our league positions.

In a league that consists of City, Chelsea, United and Arsenal, to say we are the 4th biggest spenders in a crazy stat considering they all have WAY WAY WAY more money than we do.

But go on just blame FSG, sure its an excuse and at least we can pretend that we are been held back by someone else.

Apart from Aguero and maybe Sanchez (arguably even) name one player in the premier league that we missed out on (that cost a lot of money) that we can regret?

Well we were in the Champion's Legague 2 years ago.

Your post is full of contradictions, we don't have cash to spend but are the 4th highest spenders.

Also, FSG are investing in the club with improving the stadium and will make a return on that. Don't forget they got the club cheaply. Do you think FSG have a love for the club and its history and just plough money in regardless?

As for players we missed out on. Willian as one that springs to mind. As well as Mkhitaryan, Sigurrddson, Sanchez (as you pointed out), Diego Costa, Clint Dempsey, Salah, Remy.

What more do you need?

NukaCola wrote: »
    Do people want us to be spending money we dont have? I mean I'm not an accountant and would love the best players playing here but in reality we cant really do that can we?

They got in a quality manager who has proven that he can build a successful team and expanded the stadium. I mean, they haven't exactly ****ed us over or anything.

Where do people get the idea from that the club does not have money? It's a myth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Christ this thread has turned to **** again!

Let them get on with it.

My understanding is, when they came in they did with the intention of signing big cheques. But in a league where if we offer "player X" 100k a week, United will offer them 200k a week, its just not feasible to get into bidding wars for players that are in effect mercenaries.

Dont get me wrong players deserve their wages and deserve to seek the best wage they can get. But some players are purely in it for profit and not because they love to play.

Robbie Keane for example. The man loves to play. He strikes me as someone who would genuinely be playing sunday league football if he wasnt lucky enough to have the talent he does. Where players like Tevez (who talked about not really liking football) or Falcao who will even play for a side just promoted from the Ligue 2 just for the cash. Players like that make me doubt they would play for fun if they didnt do it as a job.

FSG spent big on (all cost over 18 million)
    Carroll
    Suarez
    Firmino
    Benteke
    Lallana
    Lovren
    Markovic
    Sakho
    Downing

Then players costing over 10 million
    Henderson
    Sturridge
    Borini
    Allen
    Mignolet
    Moreno
    Mario
    Origi
    Can
    Clyne

I mean ffs come on people they are hardly holding back the cash are they?

As for players we missed out on. Willian as one that springs to mind. As well as Mkhitaryan, Sigurrddson, Sanchez (as you pointed out), Diego Costa, Clint Dempsey, Salah, Remy.

What more do you need?

Did we miss out on all of those because of money?

Mkhitaryan didnt want to sign for Liverpool, he wanted CL with Dortmund. We apparently offered more than Arsenal for Sanchez, Remy failed a medical, Sigurdsson didn't want to sign for Liverpool either. All the players mentioned signed for better clubs, like it or not money isn't the only major factor.

Teams will miss their targets, especially if they are not in the CL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

Jaysus thats clutching at straws

My understanding is, when they came in they did with the intention of signing big cheques. But in a league where if we offer "player X" 100k a week, United will offer them 200k a week, its just not feasible to get into bidding wars for players that are in effect mercenaries.

Dont get me wrong players deserve their wages and deserve to seek the best wage they can get. But some players are purely in it for profit and not because they love to play.

Robbie Keane for example. The man loves to play. He strikes me as someone who would genuinely be playing sunday league football if he wasnt lucky enough to have the talent he does. Where players like Tevez (who talked about not really liking football) or Falcao who will even play for a side just promoted from the Ligue 2 just for the cash. Players like that make me doubt they would play for fun if they didnt do it as a job.

Carroll
    Suarez
    Firmino
    Benteke
    Lallana
    Lovren
    Markovic
    Sakho
    Downing

Henderson
    Sturridge
    Borini
    Allen
    Mignolet
    Moreno
    Mario
    Origi
    Can
    Clyne

Tevez is a terrible example, if he was all about the money he wouldn't be back at Boca Juniors at 31

Where do people get the idea from that the club does not have money? It's a myth.

Who said we dont have money? We spend it poorly as I just said......we are actually spending money, we just wont be dropping 30m each on 4/5 players any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Whether it's buying stars or buying bargains, I think it's safe to say on both counts we've been useless. I keep beating the drum on this, but the single most effective use of money right now would be to bring in a player who can score. It's an obvious statement, I know. But with the exception of having Suarez on fire for that one season, we have been toothless for far too many seasons. A goalscorer should be the first, second, and third priority.

Carroll
    Suarez
    Firmino
    Benteke
    Lallana
    Lovren
    Markovic
    Sakho
    Downing

Henderson
    Sturridge
    Borini
    Allen
    Mignolet
    Moreno
    Mario
    Origi
    Can
    Clyne

And you convneinetly ignore how these are funded by selling players. Torres started the ball rolling, and we have contunually sold our best players for large profits since.

They are not investinghuge money in players out of their own pockets.

Do you think that if FSG sell they'll be a line around the block to buy LFC with new owners absolutely gagging to spend their own money on players?

• Advertisement

Well we were in the Champion's Legague 2 years ago.

Your post is full of contradictions, we don't have cash to spend but are the 4th highest spenders.

Also, FSG are investing in the club with improving the stadium and will make a return on that. Don't forget they got the club cheaply. Do you think FSG have a love for the club and its history and just plough money in regardless?

What more do you need?

Where are my contradictions?

The less said about our short stint in Europe 2 years ago the better. We are not a Champions League team right now and we have to accept that and put it right.

FSG didnt buy the club cheaply. They bought it at fair market value which T&G said was cheaply!

£300 million is not cheap
    Then a further £200 million paid off our debts

That is half a billion for those without calculators (but thats cheap right:rolleyes:)

As for your list
    Willian (maybe)
    Mkhitaryan (went to Germany. Chose a different league)
    Sigurrddson (do you want him to sign for us now?)
    Sanchez (as I said debatable. His hot and cold form hasnt made anyone miss him yet)
    Diego Costa (we didnt need to replace Suarez for Suarez light)
    Clint Dempsey (do you want him to sign for us now?)
    Salah (flopped)
    Remy (had a heart condition. Not a financial issue but aside from newcastle, at chelsea he is not making anyone miss him either)

But thats my point dude. Your list is mediocre. If they are the biggest losses we have had then why are you upset? If we where linked with any of them right now aside from Willian and Sanhez, you would be claiming we dont show ambition and that these guys are not good enough and so on.

Hell even Micky who went to Dortmund, Most on here didnt want him!!!

The financial documents are there and for all to see. You show us that the club has money because they public documents show that it doesnt

Juan8 wrote: »
    Tevez is a terrible example, if he was all about the money he wouldn't be back at Boca Juniors at 31

Yea no way he wants to move home and get paid loads of money to do so :rolleyes:

Yea no way he wants to move home and get paid loads of money to do so :rolleyes:

You made him out to be a mercenary, He's not, If he was he wouldn't be back at Boca so young when he could have signed for multiple teams on far higher wages, Or else not left Serie A winners and Champions League runners up at the time Juventus where he scored 29 goals in all competitions that season, Do you think Boca are matching the wages he was on at Juventus? If so, you're living in a dream world :rolleyes:

And you convneinetly ignore how these are funded by selling players. Torres started the ball rolling, and we have contunually sold our best players for large profits since.

Im not trying to ignore that we fund by selling players. But the money has to come from somewhere

They havent been taking the money for themselves and spending it like the Glaziers had been a few years ago.................

Very few clubs can afford to spend out of their own pockets and if sold its unlikely we will get an owner that can.

All the money the club makes goes back into the club. Why do you expect anything more from a football club owner??

Where are my contradictions?

The less said about our short stint in Europe 2 years ago the better. We are not a Champions League team right now and we have to accept that and put it right.

FSG didnt buy the club cheaply. They bought it at fair market value which T&G said was cheaply!

£300 million is not cheap
    Then a further £200 million paid off our debts

That is half a billion for those without calculators (but thats cheap right:rolleyes:)

As for your list
    Willian (maybe)
    Mkhitaryan (went to Germany. Chose a different league)
    Sigurrddson (do you want him to sign for us now?)
    Sanchez (as I said debatable. His hot and cold form hasnt made anyone miss him yet)
    Diego Costa (we didnt need to replace Suarez for Suarez light)
    Clint Dempsey (do you want him to sign for us now?)
    Salah (flopped)
    Remy (had a heart condition. Not a financial issue but aside from newcastle, at chelsea he is not making anyone miss him either)

But thats my point dude. Your list is mediocre. If they are the biggest losses we have had then why are you upset? If we where linked with any of them right now aside from Willian and Sanhez, you would be claiming we dont show ambition and that these guys are not good enough and so on.

Hell even Micky who went to Dortmund, Most on here didnt want him!!!

The financial documents are there and for all to see. You show us that the club has money because they public documents show that it doesnt

The £300m you mention included paying off debts, I have not read anywhere that they paid an extra £200m.

The club is worth substantially more now so they have done well out of it as shown in this Liverpool Echo artiicle,.

As for your comments on players, you are judging them subsequent to their transfers elsewhere and not accepting they were missed targets at the time.

Still don't get how you can ignore our CL 2 years ago. We had a transfer window as Champion's League qualifiers and the club failed to make top signings.

Excuse is always that we miss out on players to not having CL league but when we do have it they end up spending money on potential such as Markovic and it's that FSG model that is flawed and is pretty much responsible for where we are now.

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »
    Who said we dont have money? We spend it poorly as I just said......we are actually spending money, we just wont be dropping 30m each on 4/5 players any time soon.

You said it by asking do we want the club to spend money that they do not have.
    I actually think they are not spending money that they do have.

You made him out to be a mercenary, He's not, If he was he wouldn't be back at Boca so young when he could have signed for multiple teams on far higher wages, Or else not left Serie A winners and Champions League runners up at the time Juventus where he scored 29 goals in all competitions that season, Do you think Boca are matching the wages he was on at Juventus? If so, you're living in a dream world :rolleyes:

"Tevez confesses that, despite his young age, he thinks about hanging up his boots for club and country in order to rest and spend time with his family."

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/fatigued-tevez-considers-retirement-1.1230016

Ferguson even claimed that while he tried to get Tevez to sign a new 4 year deal the summer before this, Tevez said he felt like he could retire before the 4 years would be up.

Tevez has always spoke about wanting to go home and play for Boca before he retires. As for his wages he is getting very close to what he got at Juve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just saw next seasons black away kit and it looks awesome on my phone now and can't link it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

As recently as January the club were prepared to spend big. The Alex Teixeira bidding was around £25-30 million, before Jiangsu Suning came in with £38 million.

Its ridiculous that we were ready to spend that amount just 6 months after sinking £32 million into Christian Benteke. The club is ready to back Klopp in the market if he wants to spend money - but he clearly prefers to buy cheap/hungry players that fit his system.

Matip - free
    Grujic - £5.1 million
    Karius - £4.7 million

The £300m you mention included paying off debts, I have not read anywhere that they paid an extra £200m.

The club is worth substantially more now so they have done well out of it as shown in this Liverpool Echo artiicle,.

As for your comments on players, you are judging them subsequent to their transfers elsewhere and not accepting they were missed targets at the time.

Still don't get how you can ignore our CL 2 years ago. We had a transfer window as Champion's League qualifiers and the club failed to make top signings.

Excuse is always that we miss out on players to not having CL league but when we do have it they end up spending money on potential such as Markovic and it's that FSG model that is flawed and is pretty much responsible for where we are now.

£300 million is cheap then? (I dont have the time to look for the article right now where a year after the sale they wrote off a lot more of our debts)

FSG didnt sign Markovic the transfer committee did.

They decided that Markovic was a good investment and still could be. They also decided that Coutinho was a good investment!!

DO you think Leicester City will sign top names with Champions league this season??? NOT A CHANCE

Like us 2 years ago they are not established in the CL so will not attract the big names.

Im not getting your argument though. What do you expect us to do? Who should we be signing that we are clearly not forking out the cash for? I dont see any reports of actual people we are lining up but dont wanna pay the cash...................... Actually there is one and his name is Mane. You want Mane?? (I like him by the way but he isnt worth 40 million)

"Tevez confesses that, despite his young age, he thinks about hanging up his boots for club and country in order to rest and spend time with his family."

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/fatigued-tevez-considers-retirement-1.1230016

Ferguson even claimed that while he tried to get Tevez to sign a new 4 year deal the summer before this, Tevez said he felt like he could retire before the 4 years would be up.

Tevez has always spoke about wanting to go home and play for Boca before he retires. As for his wages he is getting very close to what he got at Juve

You quoted the line that suited you, the very first line of the article he says because of "fatigue" and yes he always wanted to go back to Boca because he's a Boca fan

I've never heard of him saying he doesn't like football so I don't know where you got that from either.

You originally made Tevez out to be a mercenary saying that he only plays for money when he clearly is not, A mercenary wouldn't go back to the team he supported as a child when he could be paid much more at numerous other clubs

Just because someone values time with his family more than football doesn't mean he doesn't care about football or is a mercenary. The fact that he said he could possibly want to retire at 29 or earlier like your article said should prove that.

Have you a link or source to show that he's on similar to what he was at Juventus? I doubt it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Leaked away jersey doing the rounds - not sure if legit.

DQBzLOg.jpg

LEAKED: Liverpool's Stunning Black Away Kit for 2016/17 Season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

What do people think of a possible Sahin return?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Isn't perma banned from the site :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Umaro wrote: »
    Leaked away jersey doing the rounds - not sure if legit.

DQBzLOg.jpg

LEAKED: Liverpool's Stunning Black Away Kit for 2016/17 Season

Playing it fast and loose with stunning aren't they?

• Advertisement

You quoted the line that suited you, the very first line of the article he says because of "fatigue" and yes he always wanted to go back to Boca because he's a Boca fan

I've never heard of him saying he doesn't like football so I don't know where you got that from either.

You originally made Tevez out to be a mercenary saying that he only plays for money when he clearly is not, A mercenary wouldn't go back to the team he supported as a child when he could be paid much more at numerous other clubs

Just because someone values time with his family more than football doesn't mean he doesn't care about football or is a mercenary. The fact that he said he could possibly want to retire at 29 or earlier like your article said should prove that.

Have you a link or source to show that he's on similar to what he was at Juventus? I doubt it

Wow is my opinion on Tevez killing your boner or something??

Fatigue is a reason to retire?

Going back to a club where you grew up who play in a league that is falling away isnt a lack of ambition to play at the top of your game?

The owner of Boca claims that Tevez wont cost the club a cent due to his wages been covered by amortisation and the youth players been sent on loan to Juve.

I dont need to proved any more fuel to this because my mentioning Tevez' name wasnt aimed at destroying him. He was a means to an end and only one of two players I names (the other I cant even remember which speaks volumes of how much this conversation does not interest me)

Its not a crime not to be interested that much in football if your a footballer. It happens. A lot I'm sure. But who cares. I am not slagging him off I am using him as an example of someone who I believe doesnt care as much about football as someone like Robbie Keane

Falcao...................... thats the other one :D

Wow is my opinion on Tevez killing your boner or something??

Fatigue is a reason to retire?

Going back to a club where you grew up who play in a league that is falling away isnt a lack of ambition to play at the top of your game?

The owner of Boca claims that Tevez wont cost the club a cent due to his wages been covered by amortisation and the youth players been sent on loan to Juve.

I dont need to proved any more fuel to this because my mentioning Tevez' name wasnt aimed at destroying him. He was a means to an end and only one of two players I names (the other I cant even remember which speaks volumes of how much this conversation does not interest me)

Its not a crime not to be interested that much in football if your a footballer. It happens. A lot I'm sure. But who cares. I am not slagging him off I am using him as an example of someone who I believe doesnt care as much about football as someone like Robbie Keane

Falcao...................... thats the other one :D

Yeah it is a lack of ambition, but he went back because he loves the club, something a mercenary wouldn't do.

I don't really care myself I was just pointing out that he's not a mercenary

As a United fan I hate Tevez as much as anyone, But he's not all about the money and I'm one who thinks that the majority of professional footballer are only in it for the money,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Isn't he sitebanned?

Yeah it is a lack of ambition, but he went back because he loves the club, something a mercenary wouldn't do.

I don't really care myself I was just pointing out that he's not a mercenary

As a United fan I hate Tevez as much as anyone, But he's not all about the money and I'm one who thinks that the majority of professional footballer are only in it for the money,

He just comes across as someone who plays football because he is good at it and not because he loves it. Him moving to his boyhood club was him winding down so he could be "semi retired" and paid

Do you know how much he is on in Argentina? I was fully sure he is on the same as at Juve? I think I remember at the time reading he was to become the highest paid player in the country

He just comes across as someone who plays football because he is good at it and not because he loves it. Him moving to his boyhood club was him winding down so he could be "semi retired" and paid

Do you know how much he is on in Argentina? I was fully sure he is on the same as at Juve? I think I remember at the time reading he was to become the highest paid player in the country

On your 1st point I completely disagree with you so I won't bother arguing it because I doubt we'll agree

On your 2nd point, best player in the league at the joint biggest team in the league is paid the best, shocker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

We will probaly end up with shane long instead

Id be happy with Long

On your 1st point I completely disagree with you so I won't bother arguing it because I doubt we'll agree

On your 2nd point, best player in the league at the joint biggest team in the league is paid the best, shocker

Tetchy

Well I was just trying to be polite and build bridges but there you go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Not going to happen, unless Dav quits in the next few weeks:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

J Mysterio wrote: »
    We will probaly end up with shane long instead

Id be happy with Long

We got danny ings a simillar player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭HardenendMan

Personally I would prefer if Klopp built a team of unknowns costing around 3-6 mill each. There's something so rewarding about having players that are hungry and developed into stars rather than buying stars. I think we have one of the only managers in European football that can built a world class team in such a way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement