Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

murpho999 wrote: »
    'The Count' must be the worst football nickname ever.

Sesame-Street-the-Count-001.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

most of the nicknames bandied around here for our players are cringeworthy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

martyos121 wrote: »
    Bit like an Abou Diaby appearance then.

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Watched the Brazil match last night, great hat trick by the Count with two of his goals coming from outside the box. Anyway during it the commentator said Kloppo was in the stands for the Argentina Chile match, most likely checking out Higuian (though I wouldn't say no to Ever Banega either)

that rumour has been thoroughly squashed at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Mr.H wrote: »
    And your completely missing the point in which people seem to think that FSG havent taken cash out of their own pockets when it clearly cant be further from the truth.

Relativity is a great word. In fact maybe you should apply that to "our owners have cash"...................... compared to Man city's owners having cash or United Arsenal and Chelsea having cash.

The point I made is that FSG have spent more than recouped since buying the club. That is an undeniable absolute fact that is as clear as day is day.

All this crap about not putting their hands in their pockets.............. how the feck did they buy the club then? Oh is it by the money they would make from selling the club??? They dont have that money unless they sell the club!!

So if they spent their money on buying the club its fair to think they might not have at least that large sum of cash (300+ million) to spend on players for the club.

The club makes money yes but what is our profit margin (its readily available btw)? Our profits are minimal for now. That is why we havent spent more than we sold (we have bought approx 20-30 million a season since FSG).

Maybe the club actually cant afford it? Maybe the owners cant actually afford it?

What I do know is the owners are doing a great job off the field to ensure this club will become self reliant and that is very important.

Lets say FSG spend 1 Billion this summer and drive our wage bill up to 300 million a year. Then 12 months from now decide that they dont want to be at Liverpool anymore. Now we have 300 million a season to pay in wages and are at a loss of 1 Billion due to a huge loan we would have from our owners. FSG would certainly not get 1.3 Billion for the club (which would be the price they paid plus the loan) so they would make a loss. Leaving us in financial debt.

These figures are exaggerated yes but you change the figures to be more realistic and the exact same scenario could happen.

Fact is if we are self reliant we (like Arsenal or United) can afford to buy players without the owners (regardless of being sold or not) needing to dip into their pockets.

BTW Sanchez is a poor Suarez who is hot and cold. Besides its immaterial as he wanted to play in London

Ok. I didn't say or disagree with any of that. All I said was to stop denying they got the club cheaper than normal. And whether or not Sanchez wanted to go to London you said it was debatable whether or not we would want him. Suarez light or not, Sanchez is one of the top 5 players in the PL right now easily and of course we would have 'wanted' him in our team. Saying anything else is just digging deeping into manure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Shame to see Agger retire. Back in the day, the combination of Agger, Skrtel and Carragher gave us the best defence that this team has had in the last 25 years.

I was more of a Hyypia/Henchoz/Carra fan of that combo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Agreed. Whenever i see 'The Count' mentioned the default picture that enters my head is this...
    ted-hankey-darts_1236546c.jpg

So, there you go, now ye lot can all suffer along with me! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

mormank wrote: »
    Ok. I didn't say or disagree with any of that. All I said was to stop denying they got the club cheaper than normal. And whether or not Sanchez wanted to go to London you said it was debatable whether or not we would want him. Suarez light or not, Sanchez is one of the top 5 players in the PL right now easily and of course we would have 'wanted' him in our team. Saying anything else is just digging deeping into manure.

No need to bring them into this debate, in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I don't know I think the one we are banned from using anymore for our injury prone striker was pretty apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Ever Banega is going to Inter Milan, honestly, I don't think Higuain would fancy Liverpool. He's not young, hungry and looking for a team to improve or make his name with. He is the top scorer in Serie A last year, had a decent go at the title there. He'd be looking for Champs League, big salary and a shot at the league.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Ever Banega is going to Inter Milan, honestly, I don't think Higuain would fancy Liverpool. He's not young, hungry and looking for a team to improve or make his name with. He is the top scorer in Serie A last year, had a decent go at the title there. He'd be looking for Champs League, big salary and a shot at the league.

2 outs 3 might do.

What we really need need is a warrior and leader/captain on the pitch someone who can drag other players along when they are under performing that might be Matip I haven't seen enough of him to say.

That's kind of player I think we need to be a priority this summer.

A minority of posters used to have one for Sturridge, it was so bad they were banned from using it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Augeo wrote: »
    A minority of posters used to have one for Sturridge, it was so bad they were banned from using it :D

It wasn't as bad as the intentional misspelling of 'Lovren' all the time. As if it was some sort of slight against him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

What we really need need is a warrior and leader/captain on the pitch someone who can drag other players along when they are under performing that might be Matip I haven't seen enough of him to say.

The type of player you are talking about is a dying breed and leadership doesn't seem to be a big quality in the modern footballer IMO.

Most are soft as ****e now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It wasn't as bad as the intentional misspelling of 'Lovren' all the time. As if it was some sort of slight against him...

"The Rodgers" is by far the worst. Putting "the" in front of his name isn't clever and when you are the only person using the nickname.....its just cringeworthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Forget the elbow on Torres this is the best moment V Chelsea for Agger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Jaysus lads im only back from holidays and catching up on the thread. Awful amount of bile being spewed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Vicxas wrote: »
    Jaysus lads im only back from holidays and catching up on the thread. Awful amount of bile being spewed.

The sunlight, it doesn't agree with us.

sunlight.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Vicxas wrote: »

You're gonna have to be more specific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Yep, we really need someone that we can use the above nickname but slightly amended.

Ya know what's the worse, people posting about what is or is not funny. Runs a close tie with posts about how ****e the place is or whether or not people are taking a break from the thread.

If you have a problem with the content produce your own content and post it to the thread and use the ignore function.
    At least 25% of posting in this forum is complaints about other posters, how the place is gone to the dogs or just genreal moaning.
    That feedback thread is a joke.
    Jesus you guys get a mini call.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Yep, we really need someone that we can use the above nickname but slightly amended.

I get called that amended nickname enough in my job I don't need you going OTT on here and calling me it as well :p

I get called that amended nickname enough in my job I don't need you going OTT on here and calling me it as well :p

Sorry, what I meant was, we need a c*nt so we call use the count nickname for him but slightly amended.
    Wash t calling you a ****. I don't like to state the obvious.

Sorry, what I meant was, we need a c*nt so we call use the count nickname for him but slightly amended.
    Wash t calling you a ****. I don't like to state the obvious.

I know you weren't but I think both of us take a joke without going OTT that's what I was getting at

But ye I'd love us to get a total **** in midfield what I give to have Souness in his prime again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Ya know what's the worse, people posting about what is or is not funny. Runs a close tie with posts about how ****e the place is or whether or not people are taking a break from the thread.

If you have a problem with the content produce your own content and post it to the thread and use the ignore function.
    At least 25% of posting in this forum is complaints about other posters, how the place is gone to the dogs or just genreal moaning.

If there was only someone on here that was capable of drawing up a list of whats and whatnot's that can be posted......

I wonder whats on breakfast?

CQRugmdUAAAxfPe.jpg

• Advertisement

I had vomit for breakfast.

I had vomit for breakfast.

Had it got flavour?

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Had it got flavour?

Shoite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Agreed. Whenever i see 'The Count' mentioned the default picture that enters my head is this...
    ted-hankey-darts_1236546c.jpg

So, there you go, now ye lot can all suffer along with me! :D

Who's that Ron Benitez?

Might be the best signing of the summer.
    Liverpool open talks with Emre Can over long-term contract

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/09/liverpool-emre-can-new-long-term-contract

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dom King in the Mail sez Dahoud, Mane and Chillwell all remain targets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Great news on Can, such an important player going forward. Hard to believe is only 22 still :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

That feedback thread is a joke.
    Jesus you guys get a mini call.

I don't get this.

You're complaining about people complaining about other people's post by posting a complaining post.

I'm confused, should I have reported your post for either disagreeing or having an opinion on your post?

Still no Suarez tonight?

For some reason I got the impression that he be fit by now.

At least the Uruguayan national anthem is the correct one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Can in talks over a new long term contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭dogbert27

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Agger will be fine lads. He's been selling this in Denmark since he left us.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPUjJ9_4yd4T6vz07Wa2UzLK3DtmmyJ6j3KUXbvqJPKRAwU7eG

It's actually really good.

that was a once off and got terrible reviews...

I live in Denmark and it's on the shelves in the local supermarket.

It's been brewed since 2014.

And for every terrible review there's a good one.

As I have actually tasted it here in my opinion it is good.

I don't get this.

You're complaining about people complaining about other people's post by posting a complaining post.

I'm confused, should I have reported your post for either disagreeing or having an opinion on your post?

Do whatever you want there Murph, it won't really bother me. Unless it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Do whatever you want there Murph, it won't really bother me. Unless it does.

59113624.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm complaining about Murpho's complaining of Owanyn's complaining about people complaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

5starpool wrote: »
    I'm complaining about Murpho's complaining of Owanyn's complaining about people complaining.

Mods, this is just silly. How do I make a complaint?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Mods, this is just silly. How do I make a complaint?

From what I can see we should report every post that you disagree with or have an opinion on instead of replying to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

5starpool wrote: »

mnd68.jpg

From what I can see we should report every post that you disagree with or have an opinion on instead of replying to it.

If you disagree with a post great, respond to it. The posts where people are just saying the thread is gone to dirt and not actually contributing themselves is annoying.
    Posts where people are saying if a thing is funny or not are also annoying.
    I don't understand why people feel the need do either, especially commenting on something they don't think is funny. Laugh or don't laugh, we don't need to know if it suits your sense of humour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

This isn't funny. The thread is gone to pot, and so have most of the posters it seems.

<3

large.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Ah shut up the lot of ye

This isn't funny. The thread is gone to pot, and so have most of the posters it seems.

<3

Most of the posters could do with some pot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Most of the posters could do with some pot.

Some of them could do with less.

u2nqiEk.gif

Folks not welcoming being told their "jokes" aren't funny, shocking.
    Not understanding why they are being told, funny in itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Well, looks like thanks whoring just became a lot harder. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement