Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 9), Apr 22-25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Should be a tasty affair in Tallaght this evening. Pat Fenlon has made it known he was very upset with Dundalk's 'Two in a row and we did it in Tallaght' banner last season during their celebrations. I'm sure Dundalk fans will keep that tune under wraps this evening so as not to upset poor Pat any further.

We have a bit of an injury crisis up front. Need McMillan to stay fit for the forseeable future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Pighead wrote: »
    Should be a tasty affair in Tallaght this evening. Pat Fenlon has made it known he was very upset with Dundalk's 'Two in a row and we did it in Tallaght' banner last season during their celebrations. I'm sure Dundalk fans will keep that tune under wraps this evening so as not to upset poor Pat any further.

We have a bit of an injury crisis up front. Need McMillan to stay fit for the forseeable future.

If I remember it correctly, the banner actually read "Two in a row, and we did it in Talla", which in itself is one of the most embarrassing things Iv ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,051 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Hoping for 3 pts tonight home to Bohs. Keep us up at the top.

CHealy wrote: »
    If I remember it correctly, the banner actually read "Two in a row, and we did it in Talla", which in itself is one of the most embarrassing things Iv ever seen.
    You remember incorrectly. Give us a bit of credit Healy. It actually read '2 in a row and we did it in Talla'. Not embarrassing at all. If it annoys Rovers fans then it's a case of mission accomplished.

You remember incorrectly. Give us a bit of credit Healy. It actually read '2 in a row and we did it in Talla'. Not embarrassing at all. If it annoys Rovers fans then it's a case of mission accomplished.

I think most Rovers fans would have cringed at that banner, its pathetic at the very best.

• Advertisement

CHealy wrote: »
    I think most Rovers fans would have cringed at that banner, its pathetic at the very best.
    It's a work of art and the tune that accompanies it is a masterpiece. Stop being a jealous ninny and embrace the brilliance of the banner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Fenlon ratcheting up the potential for agro after his club were fined for a riot last week.

Such a mature and responsible manager.

Fenlon ratcheting up the potential for agro after his club were fined for a riot last week.

Such a mature and responsible manager.

Caulfield putting his nose in aswell, saying clubs should be deducted points for pitch invasions. Lets try and sort out your lack of tactical awareness there first John please.

Finn Harps at home tonight, we have to finish out the series with 5 wins if we want any hope of challenging for the league. That means beating Rovers and Pats at home, and Bray and Bohs away along with tonight, cant see it happening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Its the words of a song, nothing got to do with having a dig at Rovers....

Before the game it was "2 in a row and we will win it in Talla"

When it was over it was "2 in a row and we did it in Talla"

If it was Derry away we won, the song would have been "2 in a row and we did in Derry"

Rovers really hated us winning there last year! Lets rub it in again tonight!

Heh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Terrible standard of game between Rovers and Dundalk. The league really needs a new influx of blood and managers. Fenlon must drive the fans away from Tallaght.

Did the ref miss the stamp just before the red?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bohs are a shell of what we were last season. Absolutely farcical how that spoofer Eoin Wearen still gets a look in. He's absolute piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Galway take the lead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Come on the town...looking good.. should really put more on the board imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

delighted Rovers lost. What a bitter little man Fenlon is too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Awful game, own goal and red card settled it.

Years ago I had some stats on the red cards/penalties Doyle has awarded in Rovers games, I must check them again. It feels extraordinarily high.

dfx- wrote: »
    Awful game, own goal and red card settled it.

Years ago I had some stats on the red cards/penalties Doyle has awarded in Rovers games, I must check them again. It feels extraordinarily high.

I quite enjoyed it. Finn is always a joy to watch. I was looking forward to having a close look at Miele but Rovers' long ball game made him a passenger.

He spent most of the game chasing Gannon back. He got one chance to get between Shields and Gartland and that was in the 89th minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

I think I'm the only one that thought the red card was a little harsh. Definite yellow in my opinion. It was a stupid tackle regardless that he didn't need to make. No idea how Brennan wasn't red carded at the end though, professional foul when Finn was clean through on goal.

Really can't understand why Fenlan is getting such a free pass from the Rovers fans. They are very average under him and playing a terrible brand of football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

doncarlos wrote: »
    They are very average under him and playing a terrible brand of football.

Agree. They play very much like a bunch on show pony's. No real guile or heart.

Gufc on the other hand roll on nicely

Really can't understand why Fenlan is getting such a free pass from the Rovers fans. They are very average under him and playing a terrible brand of football.

I thought they were progressing well last season, they gave us really difficult games.

However, they have gone backwards. Depending on a fat f*ker like North to get a goal shows how poor they are.

Miele is not going to progress much playing in that side. Perhaps Kenny should give him a call?

Miele is not going to progress much playing in that side. Perhaps Kenny should give him a call?

He was only on a one year contract last season. Would have loved to snap him up as he's an excellent player and one of the few players in the league that would instantly improve this Dundalk side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

What would he go to Dundalk for?....... to play on your plastic pitch? youse boys are losing the run of yourselves.

Good 3pts v Bohs.

damemcd wrote: »
    What would he go to Dundalk for?....... to play on your plastic pitch? youse boys are losing the run of yourselves.
    Eh to win stuff? Not rocket science. Good to see Finn celebrate his goal last night against his former employees. Fenlon getting angrier with each passing season. Kenny outsmarting him almost every time they meet these days.

Fenlon is a knob. It was great to see him get stuffed out of sight at the Brandywell a couple of weeks back.

Win trophies, earn more money, play with better players, improve himself, put himself in shop window etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

Best manager in the league granted......... but have a look around your beloved Oriel ...the place is a kip , the pitch isn't fit for a over 50s 5 a side, and the current owner is only after your money.Similarities with your beloved Louth neighbours of recent years....... and look where they are now!

• Advertisement

I must say I was shocked on the quality of the pitch at Oriel when Dundalk v Derry was televised.

I play 5-a-side on a better quality surface.

Best manager in the league granted.........

True and had Rovers hung on to him, might be you lot going for three in a row rather than us
    but have a look around your beloved Oriel ...the place is a kip ,

It is. No arguments from me. Unfortunately we dont have a council that will build us a stadium and charge us a hefty charge to rent it.
    the pitch isn't fit for a over 50s 5 a side,

It has passed all it's tests and is certified by UEFA. Most grass pitches Dundalk have played on this season would struggle to pass the same tests.
    and the current owner is only after your money.

What money??
    Similarities with your beloved Louth neighbours of recent years....... and look where they are now!

Zero similarities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Best manager in the league granted......... but have a look around your beloved Oriel ...the place is a kip , the pitch isn't fit for a over 50s 5 a side, and the current owner is only after your money.Similarities with your beloved Louth neighbours of recent years....... and look where they are now!

Bitter much? There are no similarities at all with Drogheda. The 'current owner' your are referring to I presume is Gerry Matthews the former owner of the club. He has a lease on Oriel which the actual ground owner and trustee is taking eviction proceedings against him. Not all league games are played in Oriel for starters. When the lease is sorted the ground upgraded and the pitch replaced the record will still show back to back titles, maybe 3 or more in a row, 4 trophies from 5 domestically competed in 2015, 8 matches unbeaten by a Shamrock Rovers side that is going backwards so that run is likely to continue; a club that is haemorrhaging money and had to sell 50% ownership for a fairly meagre amount - well the sort of money that at current levels of debt would last at most 2 seasons. Plenty of reasons for Miele to move away from what is quickly becoming a basket place club again whereas Finn, O'Donnell, Gannon, Kilduff to a lesser extent as former Rovers players have increased their winners medal tallies across all competitions is it 4 or 5 or more, with this season more trophies very possible. A return to Rovers for 32 year old Irish League player Gary Twigg is quite appropriate as 2 spent forces.:rolleyes:

NIMAN wrote: »
    I must say I was shocked on the quality of the pitch at Oriel when Dundalk v Derry was televised.

I play 5-a-side on a better quality surface.

How do you know it's a better quality surface by looking at it on telly?

Nesta99 wrote: »
    a club that is haemorrhaging money and had to sell 50% ownership for a fairly meagre amount - well the sort of money that at current levels of debt would last at most 2 seasons.

"Sell 50% ownership"?? From what I'm hearing it is a loan. Madness if they go ahead with it. They have lost €1.8M since the Europa league group stages. So if things continue like that the loan will be gone in no time and things could get very interesting

The members club may not be a members club for much longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Eh to win stuff? Not rocket science. Good to see Finn celebrate his goal last night against his former employees. Fenlon getting angrier with each passing season. Kenny outsmarting him almost every time they meet these days.

Not sure Fenlon knows that word Pighead.

• Advertisement

How do you know it's a better quality surface by looking at it on telly?

Cos the ball was bobbling all over the place at Oriel, the players seemed to be struggling to control it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

"Sell 50% ownership"?? From what I'm hearing it is a loan. Madness if they go ahead with it. They have lost €1.8M since the Europa league group stages. So if things continue like that the loan will be gone in no time and things could get very interesting

What exactly is happening there at rovers? From looking at the outside in it looks to be terribly run? Could well not be the case and they could be building for the future and solid foundations under the club from that Europa league money but is any of it left or is it all gone at this stage? Talks few weeks back of selling a fair bit of the club to become a feeder club to west ham was it? All seems a bit strange?

A general question to any rovers fans,not don Carlos, just quoted his post...

Nesta99 wrote: »
    a club that is haemorrhaging money and had to sell 50% ownership for a fairly meagre amount - well the sort of money that at current levels of debt would last at most 2 seasons.

Dear me. I mean the details are readily available out there..

Of course it's not selling 50%. I posted in the LOI thread what the deal was for and who is financing it. The details are out there and still the ignorance is out there. Even the West Ham thing is still being believed.

flas wrote: »
    What exactly is happening there at rovers? From looking at the outside in it looks to be terribly run? Could well not be the case and they could be building for the future and solid foundations under the club from that Europa league money but is any of it left or is it all gone at this stage? Talks few weeks back of selling a fair bit of the club to become a feeder club to west ham was it? All seems a bit strange?

A general question to any rovers fans,not don Carlos, just quoted his post...

There 38k left according to company accounts. There is a lot of stories out there about this rovers 'loan' and the lender has certainly increased his influence or role in the member owned club. It has strings attached as loans do. What is being said what it is being used for publicly sounds reasonable. But year on year accounts have seen money reserves decimated so Rovers without a cash injection from anywhere were heading down an all to familiar road. I'm not saying this from any moral high ground or anything as Dundalk could do the very same thing in the future for all we know. But Rovers have blown the EL legacy and I hope we get the opportunity not to repeat that currently with improvement to Oriel Park in due course. Sligo Showgrounds being the best example considering that the Tallaght ground development was provided/saved by SDCC.

What are the strings attached?

• Advertisement

Repayment conditions for starters, term of loan etc. I'm not implying anything, I'm sure the lender wouldn't have any say on where money goes. that is entirely up to the board, even as it was sought for youth development. He would though call the shots on length and return etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Can any Dundalk fans tell me where the money made recently is going? Is it being saved for stadium renovations or what?

repayment conditions and term of loan which are all in Rovers' favour, given 'the lender' is Ray Wilson who is part of the board already and already had a 50% share in 2005. They'll be working together just the same as they already have, he will directly see where the money is going and the loan will be in manageable installments.

As I said the information is out there.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Can any Dundalk fans tell me where the money made recently is going? Is it being saved for stadium renovations or what?

Players wages!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Bray should just keep changing managers like last season

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Sligo win a match shocker

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Sligo win a match shocker

It's about time, they don't look that bad.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

That win for Longford in Wexford is becoming more important as both teams struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

dfx- wrote: »
    That win for Longford in Wexford is becoming more important as both teams struggle.

We are gone to fcuk, how Tony thought he could get rid of all our senior and promising players and replace them with what he has and keep things going is beyond belief,its start to turn rapidly against him from everyone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Delighted to get a win, shocked too. What was Clarke sent off for?

• Advertisement
Advertisement