Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need to sign "Deed of Consent" on Mortage Deed form (S1) if I am the buyer?

Options
  • 22-04-2016 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am currently in the process of buying a property and ahve a mortage approved with BOI. My solicitor has given me a "Mortgage Deed" form to sign (S1), a section of which is a "Deed of Consent". Do I need to sign and witness this section as well if I am the buyer/named on the mortgage? Or is this only for other people above the age of 17 who will be living at the property?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

mills87 wrote: »
    I am currently in the process of buying a property and ahve a mortage approved with BOI. My solicitor has given me a "Mortgage Deed" form to sign (S1), a section of which is a "Deed of Consent". Do I need to sign and witness this section as well if I am the buyer/named on the mortgage? Or is this only for other people above the age of 17 who will be living at the property?

Cheers!
    Hi mills87,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

It would be best to speak with a qualified Mortgage Advisor regarding this who will be happy to discuss your options. 

If you would like to send us a private message with your full name and the name of your account holding branch, we'll be happy to arrange a call back.

To send us a PM, please click on the link in my signature below.

Thanks,

Sharon

Advertisement