Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

man tits

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Electric Sex Pants

armaghlad wrote: »
    Carbs are the enemy. Partly anyway.

Eating cereal, toast, sandwiches and a big feed of spuds every day is not gonna assist in losing fat. Same with dairy. Diet in general needs to be nailed if you're going to see any progress and cutting dairy and grains or at least minimising them is a good starting point (fúcking hard though).

If you cut out carbs completely, go full on keto diet, then you do not have to cut out dairy,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Have man tits myself and hate having them, started back on the weights so hopefully that will strengthen up the chest muscles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Well you know what Groucho said; 'he hated going to see a film where the leading actor had better cleavage than the leading lady'.
    I think he was referring to Victor Mature and Janet Leigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I've lost a half stone in just over a week through diet and some very slight exercise.

I'm just eating a bit smarter now, and have cut portion sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭VisibleGorilla

Have man tits myself and hate having them, started back on the weights so hopefully that will strengthen up the chest muscles.
    They might, but that won't remove the fat that is causing them.

In fact it might actually make them larger since you'll have bigger muscle under the existing fat.

Cardio and a caloric deficit will remove them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭harr

Had the same problem a few months back, nothing huge but definitely starting to show, a friend of mine was big into the weights so I started working out with him...good diet but very little cardio....well the down side to that was yes I building muscle but under the fat and my tits were beginning to look a lot lot bigger, went to the instructor in the gym who changed my program around ...3 days cardio,3 day's of weights ...lighter loads but with more reps ... I seen a huge difference even after a week, plus I lost nearly half a stone my first week on the new program....
    So just be mindful before hitting the weights flat out, the key is mixing between the two...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

OP the obvious answer is exercise and diet. You'll figure that one out yourself with time spent under a bar as opposed to propping one up. For a newbie into the fitness world try taking a long but quick tempo'd hill walk. Constant heart rate in your burn zone (there are loads of free apps or expensive fitness watches to do this for you).

But sometimes if its creating issues with confidence. How you dress can help. Some guys just hold weight on their chest and its the last place that tones up. They can appear quite skinny (gut, waist line etc) but the man boobs just won't go away. This can be hormonal and difficult to get quick results on. So obviously avoiding skinny fit t-shirts is a start. But simple things like avoiding horizontal stripes (which will emphasis them) or else choosing a T-shirt that has a irregular pattern across the chest or a shirt with pockets. Avoid white t-shirts stick to darker colours and use complimentary neutral tones as opposed to contrasting. If you use extreme contrast black pants and white tshirt you'll just cut yourself in the middle emphasizing your shape.

Use layering, blazer / waistcoat over t-shirt.

Basically use the tricks that girls have mastered long long before us and if that fails there are male versions of spanx. Essentially compression tops to be worn under clothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

mzungu wrote: »
    If you want tumeric, throw a spoon full into a curry or stir fry, it's good way to get it into you.

chillies are suppose to be even better for metabolism

Advertisement