Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin venue help

Options
  • 22-04-2016 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations for:

1. A restaurant for a special occasion for 6 people on a Friday night. Doesn't need to be too fancy though, just good food and somewhere you wouldn't feel out of place being a bit dressed up. South city centre would be best.

2. A venue for about 35 people later that night. Really would just like to book an area somewhere nice that would fit a large group, don't need food or anything like that. Again city centre.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Always best to define what type of food when looking for recommendations for places to eat.
    I think Bunsen do great food, but you mightn't want a burger bar :)

regarding the venue - what age group?
    Do you want music in the background?
    Trendy / nice and relaxed etc...?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dia squish

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Always best to define what type of food when looking for recommendations for places to eat.
    I think Bunsen do great food, but you mightn't want a burger bar :)

regarding the venue - what age group?
    Do you want music in the background?
    Trendy / nice and relaxed etc...?

I don't really mind what kind of food. I know restaurant recommendations can be quite subjective. I also like Bunsen but probably wouldn't pick it for a special occasion :)

Venue - most people ~30, yes would definitely want music, I suppose a trendy place would be good. Struggling to think of somewhere you could book an area for a large group on a Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭mvt

Not quite your location but Capel st has loads of nice places to eat & the room above Jack Nealons bar is really nice.
    My club have used it many times & it always works for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Fire in the Mansion House

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

dia squish wrote: »
    2. A venue for about 35 people later that night. Really would just like to book an area somewhere nice that would fit a large group, don't need food or anything like that. Again city centre.
    The Waterloo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

I would go to these guys http://www.mansionhouse.ie/fire-restaurant/ fab cocktails too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I like the MV Cill Airne on the Liffey. Restaurant is great and there's the bar upstairs if you wanted people to join you later.

Advertisement