Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brand new card declined

Options
  • 22-04-2016 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I have been chasing up a new bank card since mine ran out in March and a new card was not sent to me.
    A new card arrived in the house yesterday and I attempted to use it for a purchase here on boards this morning. The company have just come back to me and told me that it was declined. I ordered this card at the start of the month.
    I re-ordered this week as I figured over two weeks was too long to wait.
    Can you find out if a replacement replacement has been sent out, and if that is why this card was rejected?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Generally you have to activate the card at an ATM/branch. All you have to do is use it even for a balance enquiry and it's then active.

This could be the reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

jacool wrote: »
    Dear Sir/Madam,
    I have been chasing up a new bank card since mine ran out in March and a new card was not sent to me.
    A new card arrived in the house yesterday and I attempted to use it for a purchase here on boards this morning. The company have just come back to me and told me that it was declined. I ordered this card at the start of the month.
    I re-ordered this week as I figured over two weeks was too long to wait.
    Can you find out if a replacement replacement has been sent out, and if that is why this card was rejected?
    thanks
    Hi jacool,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

As GAAman correctly mentioned, your new Visa Debit card will need to be activated at an ATM machine before it can be used online/in-store for purchases. 

If you have ordered another replacement card, your existing card will remain active for 30 days or until you activate your new card. 

Thanks,

Sharon

Advertisement