Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct debits changed around

Options
  • 22-04-2016 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭

I have long had two EI accounts, one for my own house and one for a holiday house, which were set up with direct debits from different bank accounts.

The account for my own house was changed recently to a Nest account (shows as Climote on the online account).  It looks like my old account was closed off, and a new account opened.  Happy days.

Now I see that the latest bill for my own house (the first on the new Climote account) has been deducted from the holiday house account, and when I rang to query this was told some confusing story about this was now a business account (???) and all the direct debits had to be from the same account.  This makes no sense to me, and even if it did, I was never told any of this until now.  I said this to the customer service person I was talking to, and she put me on hold for about 10 minutes and then I got cut off.

Can somebody please have a look at this for me? How can the direct debits get switched around like that without my knowledge?  I want to get back to a situation where I have two separate EI accounts, debited from two separate bank accounts!

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hello HeidiHeidi,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We would be happy to look into this further for you.

We will need the following details to check your accounts:
    • Your full name
    • Your account numbers
    • The first line of your address for both accounts
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

We can then look into your query for you.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Thanks.

PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hello HeidiHeidi,

We have received your private message.

A member of the team will be in touch as soon as they can.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement