Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon free replacement plugs for fire tablets

Options
  • 22-04-2016 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭

FYI

got amazon 3 fire tablets for the kids at christmas.

seems theres an issue with the plugs and theyll either apply credit or send you a free one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=9730244031

However Amazon decided themselves to send me 3 replacement plugs free of charge but it went though my Parcel motel and I got charged 3 times

I got on to amazon and they refunded me straight away. Fair play amazon. Others might not see that though so just watch for that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭clint_silver

further, you can get credit of 12gbp on your amazon account for the plugs if you dont choose the delivery. Theyll do it over the chat if you get in contact with them

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

However Amazon decided themselves

Yeah, they did pro-actively replace for customer's that didn't already request a credit or replacement plug based on the previous e-mails they sent to affected customers back in March.

A good move by Amazon as nobody wants a plug that could be a hazard to be fair,

FYI the above link you mentioned only works for accounts affected by the issue, so random people can't just request credits thinking they'll get them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Good shout. I went back over emails and dont have original notice.

I might have come across saying it was a bad thing them sending it out without notice but i was more highlighting that its a thing at all.

Correct on the faulty plug.

Advertisement