Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Login Details Issue

• 22-04-2016 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hello,

This is a bit of a strange one but i'll do my best to explain it.

Ok so my local club has a website that is hosted by blacknight. The club recently decided to revamp the website but we want to keep the same domain name that we have had all along. So basically just a site redesign but keeping our existing domain name and hosting with blacknight. The old website was wordpress based but the new one has got a complete redesign and will no longer be using wordpress.

Ok so, this is where the issue is.

The website was originally set up about 6 or 7 years ago by a local person in the community who looked after the set up and maintenence of the site. This person set up the blacknight hosting login details and created the password also. So basically, it was only this one person that was able to login to the blacknight control panel.

Wordpress was set up on the website by the same person. The secretary of the club was then given the login details for the wordpress account and was able to update the website that way. We have continued to do that for several years. However, the blacknight hosting login details were never provided to the club by the person who set up the website.

Unfortunately, the person who originally set up the website is no longer living in the area and despite several attempts at contacting them, it has proven fruitless. Consequently, the club has been unable to login to the blacknight hosting admin area and upload the new website to the server. So we are now stuck with the old design which has become very dated.

So basically, the question is:

Is there any way for the club to get access to the hosting details?

We have the correct wordpress login details and can provide a written statement by the chairman of the club if that is any use? We also have the email address of the person who registered the site originally. Also it is the club that pays the annual hosting fees. I am not sure what more proof we need to show that we should have access to the site?

I am guessing that data protection laws mean that the details cannot be provided to us but i am just wondering what your suggestion would be in this situation?

Thanks

Comments

Hi there,

If you phone our accounts team on 059 91 83072 or email billing@blacknight.com with details of your account we can look into this further for you.

Im sure there will be something we can do for you.

Many thanks,
    Niamh.

Advertisement