Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need advice on penalty points

• 22-04-2016 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I need advice on penalty points, cant get advice anywhere

In october 2014 I was in a RTA with 3 other cars at fault and a claim made for 21,000€ worth of damages to the third party (No personal injury claim)

I got a summons to court to court for careless driving and got a €100 fine in court no disqualification

About 4 weeks later received a letter with 4 points after thinking I was getting none as was not told in court.

Now I can not get insurance expect for axa who want 9,000

Is there anything I can do apply to court to get points removed as this was really a mistake and no careless driving as was foggy day and hit already crashed card at road works.

Giving up work is looking likely as live no where near public transport and currently walking 1 hour to closest bus to get a bus to work, 1 kids and partner with disability

Please help solicitor useless

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Your probably got some kind of conviction to warrant a fine of €100 and penalty points

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hanniffy1701

fepper wrote: »
    Your probably got some kind of conviction to warrant a fine of €100 and penalty points

Ya was told €100 fine 3 months to pay. Was fine with that and if I knew that penalty points were involved I would of reapplied now its 2 late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,855 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Was the €21k claim against you?

So you just have 4 points at the moment? Had you any other points previously that you ever got or any other claims? Are you currently insured with Axa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

Have you talked to the ombudsman? https://www.financialombudsman.ie/
    There are obligations for fairness in the market place.

Thank you great idea :)

• Advertisement

Was the €21k claim against you?

So you just have 4 points at the moment? Had you any other points previously that you ever got or any other claims? Are you currently insured with Axa?

Yes have 4 now but for careless driving once I tell them careless driving i get no quote online and over the phone. Currently insured with no one walking to bus. No other points claim was againist me as i rear ended a lovely qashqai

OSI wrote: »
    I think it's far more likely the conviction and insurance claim are what are pushing up your premium, not the points.

Yes thats exactly it but did not know I would get a convection for careless driving. If it 4 points for speeding would be fine just totally screwed. Will have to leave work, wont be able to pay bills and the bridge will be the next thing. I know only myself it was not careless but that is no good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,855 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have you called all insurers looking for quotes?

Try the likes of...

Yes except cullen will try them thanks

OSI wrote: »
    My only suggestion to you would be to try a number of insurance brokers. Brokers tend to understand the market better and will have access to niche insurers that cover the high risk categories, such as those carrying a conviction.

As for the actual conviction, this is not something that can be discussed on Boards. To do so would constitute legal advise, which is strictly prohibited.

No bother sorry u can close the tread so sorry about that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Yes thats exactly it but did not know I would get a convection for careless driving. If it 4 points for speeding would be fine just totally screwed. Will have to leave work, wont be able to pay bills and the bridge will be the next thing. I know only myself it was not careless but that is no good

The fuckan bridge is no good, son. hang in there. Give this crowd a shout:

http://www.powerinsurances.ie/insurance-for-drink-driving-or-convicted-drivers/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭needinghelp

jimgoose wrote: »
    The fuckan bridge is no good, son. hang in there. Give this crowd a shout:

http://www.powerinsurances.ie/insurance-for-drink-driving-or-convicted-drivers/

As jimgoose said, the bridge is no good. I completely understand your predicament. I know a lad who'd bought a new car over a weekend and didn't insure it straight away. The first time he drove it and was done. He got a relatively normal insurance the following year from a broker. He thought he'd end up losing his job but was very lucky. He made a stupid decision. Try a broker, you'll get something. Good luck.

Advertisement