Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this right or is something wrong?

Options
  • 22-04-2016 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

I am home in Mayo for a few days at my parents house. We have never had great broadband speeds here but I tried playing my xbox today for a while. I cannot seem to connect to xbox live so checked detailed statistics to see the quality of the connection. Surely the below is not the best we can expect for what we pay? It seems to be worse than ever lately?  

Just in case the below is hard to read it says the following:

Download = 0.87Mbps
    Upload = 0.10Mbps
    Latency = 370ms

Also to clarify I am home alone right now and the xbox was the only thing connected and using the internet when the below was taken. Also the below is the best of three results so it can get even worse. I have tried the regular restarting everything and checking all the connections so I'm not doing these again. Surely we must be soon due a fibre upgrade! Is there a problem I am missing or are we overpaying for what we are getting? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

I am home in Mayo for a few days at my parents house. We have never had great broadband speeds here but I tried playing my xbox today for a while. I cannot seem to connect to xbox live so checked detailed statistics to see the quality of the connection. Surely the below is not the best we can expect for what we pay? It seems to be worse than ever lately?  

Just in case the below is hard to read it says the following:

Download = 0.87Mbps
    Upload = 0.10Mbps
    Latency = 370ms

Also to clarify I am home alone right now and the xbox was the only thing connected and using the internet when the below was taken. Also the below is the best of three results so it can get even worse. I have tried the regular restarting everything and checking all the connections so I'm not doing these again. Surely we must be soon due a fibre upgrade! Is there a problem I am missing or are we overpaying for what we are getting? 
    Hi IR1SH RANG3R,

Thanks for getting in touch. The speed you are receiving would depend on the line capability in the home.

I would recommend contacting technical support and they would be more than happy to check this and troubleshoot these issues you are experiencing, You can contact them directly on 1890260260, free-phone 1901.

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

Hi IR1SH RANG3R,

Thanks for getting in touch. The speed you are receiving would depend on the line capability in the home.

I would recommend contacting technical support and they would be more than happy to check this and troubleshoot these issues you are experiencing, You can contact them directly on 1890260260, free-phone 1901.

Pamela 

Thanks. One more quick one, if it is just a bad line and this is the best we can get is there anything we can do to improve the speed? Or do we just need to wait until someone decides to upgrade the line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi IR1SH RANG3R,

Pamela 

Thanks. One more quick one, if it is just a bad line and this is the best we can get is there anything we can do to improve the speed? Or do we just need to wait until someone decides to upgrade the line?
    No problem.

I'm afraid there is no way to improve the speed in this circumstances. An upgrade in your area may improve the service. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement