If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion on the LG 49UF770V TV

Options
  • 22-04-2016 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Im interested in the LG 49UF770V 4K tv ( http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/49uf770v/lg-49uf770v )
    and i am looking to get a few opinions on this tv. Up to now i have only had Samsung tv's, one is a 46" Edge Lit and the other is a 40" backlit with local dimming and i am looking to upgrade to a larger 4K tv and this one seems a good fit.

Any info at all, be it good or bad, will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hendrickp wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Im interested in the LG 49UF770V 4K tv ( http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/49uf770v/lg-49uf770v )
    and i am looking to get a few opinions on this tv. Up to now i have only had Samsung tv's, one is a 46" Edge Lit and the other is a 40" backlit with local dimming and i am looking to upgrade to a larger 4K tv and this one seems a good fit.

Many thanks
    Hi Hendrickp,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you - to be honest we have only had universal approval on the LG 49UF770 and now its also at a pretty crazy price £799 I honestly think its a really cracking buy - the only significant issue with it is that the 43" version, the LG 43UF770 is only €609 at the moment which is an even more bonkers buy ( especially as the Euro pricing includes our 6 year warranty and delivery anywhere across Ireland)

To be honest its really well equipped - of course it's 4K and it also has LG's Web 2.0 OS which is a great operating system.

If you could take a larger screen I'd also have a look at the Panasonic TX55CX680 which is a bit of a stunner as well and its only €100 more than the 49UF770 - Its just been reduced to €899 which is a really cracking price - have a look here:

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201325-viera-tx55cx680b.aspx

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Hendrickp

Hi Guys,

Many thanks
    Hi Hendrickp,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you - to be honest we have only had universal approval on the LG 49UF770 and now its also at a pretty crazy price £799 I honestly think its a really cracking buy - the only significant issue with it is that the 43" version, the LG 43UF770 is only €609 at the moment which is an even more bonkers buy ( especially as the Euro pricing includes our 6 year warranty and delivery anywhere across Ireland)

To be honest its really well equipped - of course it's 4K and it also has LG's Web 2.0 OS which is a great operating system.

If you could take a larger screen I'd also have a look at the Panasonic TX55CX680 which is a bit of a stunner as well and its only €100 more than the 49UF770 - Its just been reduced to €899 which is a really cracking price - have a look here:

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi,

Thanks very much for the reply.

The one thing i have heard about this display is that it doesnt deal very well with upscaling SD and HD content, and that even normal HD content doesnt look great on it. Is there any information you know of of this kind of issue with the LG screens.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hi Guys,

Many thanks
    Hi Hendrickp,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi,

The one thing i have heard about this display is that it doesnt deal very well with upscaling SD and HD content, and that even normal HD content doesnt look great on it. Is there any information you know of of this kind of issue with the LG screens.
    To be honest, no, it's not something we've exeperienced, and would rate the LG screens very highly
    We do have the 40" model of the UF770 on display in the shop, and it runs a standard Freeview HD box, and picture is very good on it

Cheers
    Brian

Hi Guys,

Many thanks
    Hi Hendrickp,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi,

To be honest, no, it's not something we've exeperienced, and would rate the LG screens very highly
    We do have the 40" model of the UF770 on display in the shop, and it runs a standard Freeview HD box, and picture is very good on it

Cheers
    Brian
    Hi Brian,

Many thanks for the feedback. Just one last question on this, do you have the Samsung UE50JU6800 (as linked below) and how would you compare this to the LG 49UF770V?

Regards

http://www.currys.ie/product/samsung-ue50ju6800-smart-4k-ultra-hd-50-led-tv/333509/397.0.0

Hi Guys,

Many thanks
    Hi Hendrickp,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi,

Cheers
    Brian
    Hi Brian,

Many thanks for the feedback. Just one last question on this, do you have the Samsung UE50JU6800 (as linked below) and how would you compare this to the LG 49UF770V?

Regards

http://www.currys.ie/product/samsung-ue50ju6800-smart-4k-ultra-hd-50-led-tv/333509/397.0.0
    Hi Hendrick,

The 50" model you linked to, we don't stock unfortunately, so I couldn't say much about it to be fair

The models we sell similar to it are very good screens, and to be hinest the LG does hold its own compared to the samsung, the UF770 range are particularly good sets
    On paper, spec seems to be similar between the 2, and the LG is listed at €799 with delivery and our 6 year guarantee included

Cheers
    Brian

• Advertisement

Hi Brian,

No worries. I am looking at either of these for a replacement for my 46" Samsung so i'll do a little bit of research before i take the plunge. Th LG is certainly looking the better option at the moment. 
    Thanks again for your advice.

Regards

Hi Brian,

No worries. I am looking at either of these for a replacement for my 46" Samsung so i'll do a little bit of research before i take the plunge. Th LG is certainly looking the better option at the moment. 
    Thanks again for your advice.

Regards
    No probs Hendrickp

Anything else you need, drop us a post

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭wilford

<Mod Snipped>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

@wilford,

I appreciate the helpful intention, but please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum - queries and requests for advice here are for Richersounds to answer, pitching in opinions and advice is not appropriate here.  The Home Entertainment forums welcome discussion and advice in response to Boardies queries. 

Cheers,

Ritz.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.