If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Recomendation - For a Novice

Options
  • 22-04-2016 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Looking for a recommendation please.

I am looking for a 49 to 50 inch TV please.

Don't need anything built in as in Freeview / wifi / apps etc

Only use HDMI input from sat box, apple TV & Dvd player.

From reading here it seems that I would like 4K ultra HD & LED?

Currently have a 46 inch Sony that sits on a swivel so that you can turn it to face wherever you sit in the room - would like to maintain this.

Also the sony has too big of an edge (frame bigger than screen) - so would like a slim model.

Can you also recommend a soundbar to march it?

Many Thanks

Tanka  

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

tanka006 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Looking for a recommendation please.

I am looking for a 49 to 50 inch TV please.

Don't need anything built in as in Freeview / wifi / apps etc

Only use HDMI input from sat box, apple TV & Dvd player.

From reading here it seems that I would like 4K ultra HD & LED?

Currently have a 46 inch Sony that sits on a swivel so that you can turn it to face wherever you sit in the room - would like to maintain this.

Also the sony has too big of an edge (frame bigger than screen) - so would like a slim model.

Can you also recommend a soundbar to march it?

Many Thanks

Tanka  
    Hi Tanks, many thanks for your post, and apologies for the delay in getting back to you

WOuld you be able to collect from our store, or would you need the TV shipped to you? There are a couple of models at at a great price but they are in-store only models.

The entry level 4k set around the size you are looking at, which we can ship, is the Philips 50PUT6400 - http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201670-50put6400.aspx - at £529/€749 - This is a great 50" 4k set, and has a swivel stand as you mentioned

For a step up from this the samsung UE48JU6400 - http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201229-ue48ju6400.aspx - £549/€779 although slightl smaller, would be a better picture overall

One definitely worth considering, although not on a swivel stand, is the LG49UF770 - http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201330-49uf770v.aspx - £599/€799 - a very good overall TV, and probably the best of the ones mentioned so far 

Hasve a look at these feww first of all, and let me know what you think, or if something else grabs your eye

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭tanka006

Hi Brian,

Many thanks for the response.

Ive had a look at the sets & cant decide!

I think I will leave it for a little while & research some more.

Maybe a suitable openbox will come soon from you Guys.

Sorry to waste your time

Thanks
    Tanka

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

tanka006 wrote: »
    Hi Brian,

Many thanks for the response.

Ive had a look at the sets & cant decide!

I think I will leave it for a little while & research some more.

Maybe a suitable openbox will come soon from you Guys.

Sorry to waste your time

Thanks
    Tanka
    no probs Tanka, 

Anything else you need, just drop us a post

Brian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.