Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mk1 focus burst vacuum pipe

• 22-04-2016 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi all, my 03 1.4 focus was giving a bit of bother (rough idle/ fluctuating revs / loss of power). I changed the spark plugs as there was some juddering at lower revs, but this didn't solve the problem even though it removed the juddering. I brought the car to a garage as I couldn't figure out what was causing it. They found the vacuum pipe was burst. I'm just interested to hear how this would happen or is it due to normal wear & tear? First car and want to learn as much as possible. :)

The garage checked the coilpack as they had suspected it to be the cause but it was fine. The rough idle is gone and the car is running much more smoothly. However there still seems to a loss of power in the car. Compared to when I got it (nearly a year ago) it is much less responsive. My family has another 1.4 focus and it's much better in this respect. I know the 1.4 focus is very underpowered but compared to the second car it would be left sitting :p If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Ware and tear generally. I have a couple on mine at the moment, it happens on older cars.

Advertisement