Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alamo.com

Options
  • 22-04-2016 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Just checking out the various websites for a 3 week hire in Phoenix next September, and I'm leaning towards Alamo, but they don't have an alamo.ie, just an "alamo.com ... slash ... ireland" subsite. The quote is in dollars, but CDW and unltd mileage are included (something I believe wouldn't happen with a US-based renter). I can also join Alamo Insider for a further % off, and may be able to find some working coupon codes.

Anybody used alamo.com recently to book a car without issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭JackHeuston

Hi, I used Alamo back in 2012. I'm not sure how it is now but I had a very positive experience at least in their branch at the Detroit Airport. It was supposed to be an Enterprise rent-a-car's front with lower prices.

I rented a car in the Midsize category, and when I got there they told me I could have simply hopped in the car I liked in the area with midsized cars and just drive out with it. I chose a 2011 Chrysler 200, it came out only earlier that year and it was great. There were other 10 or so cars to choose from.

At the branch, while checking in, there was also a free refreshment, which was really needed after a 9-hour flight. Transport from the airport to the branch via shuttle is also free, but of course the driver expects a tip especially if they help you with the bags...

I dropped the car 3,000 miles away in another Alamo's branch without issues. There were already a couple of scratches on the bumper when I got it, but they never questioned it when I gave it back.

Great company and I remember that prices were way cheaper than Nationals, Enterprise, etc... I heard about only one other cheaper company called Thrifty, but they had terrible feedbacks on the Internet at the time, so I didn't go with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

I used Alamo before but through a great website Auto Europe . They show prices in and I had no problem at all.

I just put in a quick quote for 3 weeks in September pick up in Phoenix for 580. Was that better than the price you found?

Have a look at the site I highly recommend it.

Advertisement