Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I use two nicotine replacements?

Options
  • 22-04-2016 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

As in my e cigarette as well as NiQuitin 4mg mint lozenges?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

You would want to be careful of the amount of nicotine you are taking in then . What strength nicotine did you get when you bought your e-cig ..... and how much were you smoking before hand ?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Smoking 70 rollies I got 24mg in liquid and 4mg in lozenges

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

70 rollies a day ? --- Jaysus , it's a tobacco factory you should have bought .

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

That'd be a really high level of nicotine, why do you feel you need the lozenge?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

nkav86 wrote: »
    That'd be a really high level of nicotine, why do you feel you need the lozenge?

Probably because they were smoking 70 rollies a day.

If they're vaping at a low wattage (<15w or maybe <10w) it's not unheard of for heavy smokers to DIY themselves some 36mg or even 48mg liquids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

I have found that rollie smokers take to the vape very fast indeed and I've converted a fair few now. Not had much luck with regular fag smokers though.

I would say lose the nic lozenges as you will find that you can just vape away as much as you want till whatever amount satisfies you.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

I used to smoke a 1/2 ounce pack a day - that was about 30-35 thin rollies

70!!!!

Get 24mg liquid and vape the bejaysis out of it.

Have a few rollies too for the first few days/weeks while yer body adjusts. Vapes are nicotine, but there's a lot of other crap in cigs that your body will miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

grindle wrote: »
    Probably because they were smoking 70 rollies a day.

If they're vaping at a low wattage (<15w or maybe <10w) it's not unheard of for heavy smokers to DIY themselves some 36mg or even 48mg liquids.

This is vital ^^ it will really depend on what power settings you are vaping that 24mg at. I started out on 24mg, but back then 2.8, even 3.2ohm coils were common, and you'd vape between 8-10w. And still get a good whack

But you're never vaping that at sub-ohm levels, no matter how hard a smoker you were.

I wouldn't recommend mixing nic sources either. I remember smoking when wearing a nic patch, and I got a lovely green circle under my skin surrounding the patch. Scared the bejaysis out of me. Wasn't even a strong patch, 5mg if I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Sub ohm vaping, high nic. Reduce the amount of nic over time and you won't even notice, or don't. Just keep vaping. Giving up cigs for vaping is the best choice you'll ever make. You'll save big money and possibly your life, it's a no brainer. Just do it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

...24mg...

But you're never vaping that at sub-ohm levels, no matter how hard a smoker you were.
    Just to be the awkward exception, I wasn't that heavy a smoker but I still vape 18-24mg liquids @ 50w.

Not for the faint of heart or people who want to take a puff very often/emulate 70 fags a day.

The power and the amount of nic mean I'm using between 1-1.5ml a day which suits me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

grindle wrote: »
    Just to be the awkward exception, I wasn't that heavy a smoker but I still vape 18-24mg liquids @ 50w.

Not for the faint of heart or people who want to take a puff very often/emulate 70 fags a day.

The power and the amount of nic mean I'm using between 1-1.5ml a day which suits me.

This is an interesting point.

The tooter: 1.5ml x 24mg = 36mg nic consumed.

The cloudster: 36mg / 3mg = 12ml liquid consumed.

I'm generally at 6mg and consume 5-8 ml a day.

I also have some 10mg juice for when I'm in a situation where I can only have a few puffs here and there to keep the nic cravings away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Depends on how deep you're inhaling too, I'm a bit of a hoover lunger :D I was at 12mg when I started sub ohming, and there was no way in hell I could do that regular. I dropped to 6mg and was comfortable at that for over a year, but recently dropped to 3mg. I have been bucketing down juice on that strength, the main reason I began to DIY, but I swear my breathing has improved further.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Heres me vaping 18mg in a Kanger T2 clearomiser top coil at 3.5w because any higher is too hot and tastes burnt to me...

Advertisement