Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iStick v iJust start +

Options
  • 22-04-2016 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Just ordered the iJust start but thinking of also getting the iStick. Which is the better model?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I don't know much about the iJust Start but the iStick is a solid device that has served many people starting out well .

But I would wait and see how you get on with the one you have bought first .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

I'll go for Istick Pico 75w
    or Cuboid mini 80w , I think they are the newest and most interesting mods at the moment IMO
    Have seen flash sale for Cuboid mini KIT €34 at Polish E-dym yesterday( add €6 for UPS delivery ) , you couldn't get any better than this IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Where is Polish edm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

pinkstars wrote: »
    Just ordered the iJust start but thinking of also getting the iStick. Which is the better model?

What kind of device do you have now?

Somebody above recommended the istick Pico. I would be against recommending this type of device to a possible newbie. You need to buy your own separate battery and this can be fiddly and possibly dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. Some of the batteries sold in vape shops in Ireland are dodgy. (Unless it's LG, Samsung, Panasonic or those big brands).

The iStick 30w is a great device. I'd recommend that. Served me well for a long time. Until I smashed it off the floor by accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The Pico is definitely more aimed at advanced vapers who want a small, stealthy device for out and about. I'm using one pretty much as my main atm, because it's so cool and dinky :D A beginner could use one certainly, but they may need to be shown what not to touch on it. Like any other TC enabled device. Might just confuse them, and that's never good. The iStick 30w is a great started mod IMO. Get an eleaf GS air or a Kanger aerotank, because you will most likely be mouth-to-lung vaping for a few months. Then ... decide where to go from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Apparently the Joyetech AIO is a great n00b device too. I've been vaping for three years and I still went and bought one based on the reviews. It should arrive from China by 2018 hopefully.

The only thing I don't like about the AIO for a beginner, is the inability to switch tanks. It's nice to just be able to switch flavours when you fancy. Also it gives them no indication of the power they are vaping at. A simple LCD device, like the iStick 30w say, warms you up for more advanced devices down the line. As they all pretty much work on the same principles.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

The AIO is the archetype TPD vape device at 2ml capacity and supposedly leak proof.

At around €20 for a combo mod+tank it does sound like a good have-a-go setup.

Kinda thinking of getting one or two and handing them to some family members who just won't try to vape but may take to it if they have a device around them all the time.

They would be the sort that would be turned off by having options and need a absolutely "no thought" "fire and forget" device.

Yeah not knocking the AIO, I think it's great tbh. Would like one myself, and have recommended them to some new vapers too .. BUT ... have explained to them that it's exactly what it says on the tin. An All-in-one. No frills, no settings, no tank switches etc. So if you decide you are suddenly a vaper ... you might indeed want 2. Hence why an iStick plus a couple of tanks might be a better option ... for some. Better battery life, having the screen to adjust and all that. Neither option is bad. Wish they were all out when I started out with me Ego-C kit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

I think as someone into the DIY end of vaping you should get yourself a mech tube mod and then use whatever setup you like on it. Further down that rabbit hole mate... it's deep and never ending. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

pinkstars wrote: »
    Where is Polish edm?

It's a site in Poland which I have used a few times,it takes about a week for delivery,sometimes worth it if the price is right...

https://e-dym.pl/gb/25-mods

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

Just has a quick look at it, and the iJust Start looks spot on as a starter kit. It's a GS Air 2 tank on a round battery. GS Air is a good tank. I have 2 - the regular and the mega.
    If you decide to go for a different tank, any 510 tank (most of them) will work.
    If you decide to go for a box battery, the tank will attach, and the battery in this can become a spare.

Advertisement