Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bleaching/dyeing problems

Options
  • 22-04-2016 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Tuesday I tried to bleach my hair from medium brown to light blonde. Not only did I miss bits (had no one to point it out to me) but rather than blonde it went a weird orange colour (with brown streaks). Some parts on top also went light blonde, which was odd as I did those last.

I didn't want to bleach it again too soon, so I took a small section and bleached that. I also applied blue dye on another section so i could see how it would fare on the orange. It went a faint orangy turquoise colour, not the vibrant turquoise i wanted. As it stands I'm happy with the orange for now (it's grown on me) but I'm wondering how to get my hair lighter so I can put the dye on. Also, would it be safe to bleach the leftover brown bits considering I'm going to get bleach on the orange bits (assuming that section I did hasn't fallen out)? Thanks

IMG_20160422_184831.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm not a hairdresser and have very limited knowledge on hair but was there already dye on the ends of your hair? Did you leave it on long enough to lift it enough? To be honest I'd say you'll need to go in with a toner after the bleach to not leave it orange and bleached looking. At this point I wouldn't recommend bleaching over it yourself again, I'd go find a salon that uses olaplex. Id get them to fix it up. Use lots of treatments between now and before you get it bleached again.

What % did you use to lift

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

No dye already on my hair, left it on for about 75 minutes, it was a 12% bleach. Id rather not go to a salon for personal reasons, but is there any toner you'd recommend? I'm not overly fussed about the orange tbh, just the brown parts and the fact i wanted to do it blue

I don't think the toner is going to take on the brown parts, it'll just sort the Orange. Something similar happened me in sept, although all my hair lifted, it turned green. I was told to dye it back brown because it wasn't strong enough to bleach again to sort out.
    At this stage I would be using olaplex and getting as much treatments into my hair in order to get the hair strong enough to fix

75 mins at 12% on a medium brown virgin hair sounds like a very very strong intense time. Your hair must be in bits.

If it were me, I'd prob use a 3% on, it should give a cleaner lift and not do as much damage. It's like baking a cake. Turn the heat up too high and the cake won't cook faster, it'll just burn. The same with the hair.

To be honest where you're at now I wouldn't advice bleaching it again until you can be sure what condition it's in

• Registered Users Posts: 13,672 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I know you say you don't want to go to a salon but honestly there is no way in hell I would attempt to bleach and bold-dye hair from home. Some things require the services of a professional.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Frigating wrote: »
    No dye already on my hair, left it on for about 75 minutes, it was a 12% bleach. Id rather not go to a salon for personal reasons, but is there any toner you'd recommend? I'm not overly fussed about the orange tbh, just the brown parts and the fact i wanted to do it blue

Could you get a hairdresser to come to your house? I really think you need a professional to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

12% and bleach for 75 mins?
    If you do that again, you'll be carrying your hair in a bag.

Seriously, even qualified professionals rarely bleach their own hair as you can't see what you're doing around the back properly so overlapping bleach is a big risk. Overlapping = breakage

Please go to the salon or find a lovely mobile hairdresser to correct it for you unless you're happy to walk around looking like a dodgy smurf. :eek:

Advertisement