Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show - 22nd. April 2016

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I wonder how many people will be personally sued after this debate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

sudzs wrote: »
    Corrigan has gone rogue..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

reminds me of a tired and emotional Eamon Dunphy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

I can't see the border coming back. The UK and the RoI would come to some sort of an agreement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Whole??

Didn't want to be rude :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Well damn it's a cork winner again :(

• Advertisement

Cark again. Night all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

Callan was pretty on the ball there, fair play. Tubridy the fúckin brown nose "DOB is not here to defend his GOOD name"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Feckin Cork, John Spillane can give her the envelope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

CORK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Cark! AGAIN. Normal service has been resumed. Back from Donegal for two weeks.

• Advertisement

They should have given this topic an hour or so and allowed audience interaction. And perhaps phonecalls from outside :D

Yeah, that's what the serious topics used to be - state of the nation, controversial issues with differing opinions. Now it's all sickness and death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Cooooorrrrrkkkkk!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Till tomorrow night, folks!

Nos da :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ryan will just have to buy me tickets to see Gareth or else I'll be complaining to joe that it's always cork winners :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Cork woman tears up her Census form and leaves for Las Vegas tonight.Read all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Must be a Cork person in RTE picking out Cork people, they probably have a data base of where people are from based on text competitions on their radio shows and texts from 'John in Cork'...

Autosport wrote: »
    Ryan will just have to buy me tickets to see Gareth or else I'll be complaining to joe that it's always cork winners :(

Gareth who? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Till tomorrow night, folks!

Nos da :)

Ah Margaret Pritchard, brings back memories.

Ryan gone to change his underpants after Callan's Denis O'Brien reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Fair play to callanan ryan sweating about dob.
    Gard brukes winner sounded like the one on daniel o donnell show?? Oh wow hes here lol

• Advertisement

Aengus Mac Grianna looking very grey on my TV.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I still hope Trump gets in because he's bankrolling himself.

Is that the basis upon whom you would decide is an apprpriate president of the USA!! Because he has plenty of money to essentially earn voters!

FYI Trump's campaign is being bankrolled by hundreds of other corporations, as well as his own.
    Indeed the majority of his campaign funding comes from donors. Trump has contributed to financing his campaign through in-kind gifts and loans. He has made "loans to his campaign" And if that campaign is successful ( which it wont be as Hillary will hammer him in the final polls) he will get gratutious payback.

Its a common myth he is paying for his own campaign, one he is even seemingly deluded with himself!

Also Trump isnt as rags to riches as people think. He inherited what in todays money is multi millions from his father.

Here is an article re his funding. Have a read.

https://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2015/11/13/donald-trump-may-be-a-self-starter-but-hes-not-self-funded/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

They should have given this topic an hour or so and allowed audience interaction. And perhaps phonecalls from outside :D

Hmmm.....that could have been interesting....

"Gay Byrne.......and you.....insufferable arseholes!!!..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Firefox11 wrote: »
    Hmmm.....that could have been interesting....

"Gay Byrne.......and you.....infurable arseholes!!!..."

I love the idea of a phone in with Tubridy............ Always gives me dreams of this kind of a scenario.........."uggghhhhh Stupid priests""

Joanna Donnelly my guilty pleasure.Good night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Ryan is getting nervous........because of DOB's form on litigation......
    The flash of fear in Tub's eyes when yer man started ranting about Denis O'Brien...
    emzolita wrote: »
    Callan was pretty on the ball there, fair play. Tubridy the fúckin brown nose "DOB is not here to defend his GOOD name"
    Ryan gone to change his underpants after Callan's Denis O'Brien reference.

haha I'm laughing with all of this, only because it's true.

Poor Tubs knows well about Denis O'Briens constant legal threats to journalists
    Seamus Dooley of the National Union of Journalists has told RTE R1’s Drivetime that since 1998 Denis O’Brien has taken out 70 separate legal actions against Irish journalists/media outlets.

Seventy.
    http://www.broadsheet.ie/2011/11/04/a-boy-named-sue/

Of course Tubs tells us all that Denis isn't here to defend himself but the reason for that is that he prefers to threaten journalists with legal actions, just for doing their job. Bryan Tubridy would never stand up for journalists because he isn't one.

There's a reminder of Callan in full flow last night while Tubs squirms.

He made his points well, I wonder if RTE/Denis O'Brien will do their usual smothering job and remove this and similar videos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Good post Skid, it was good to see that again. Callan expressed himself very well, I'm sure he had it pre prepared. But I spose it was better to come out pre-prepared rather than completely overcooked like the contributor at the far end. :pac:

It should be noted that Dearbhail Mcdonald has stood in for Pat Kenny on Denis O'Brien's Newstalk before, and is also a contributor to some of his panel shows. This is the same station that has political commentary (9am-10am Saturday) from a woman who lied to the State Tribunal on Denis O'Brien's behalf. And obviously she works for the Independent as well. So she really doesnt have the objectivity to comment on the topic.

I guess most journalists are afraid they will spend their career back at the local rag if they make any comment about O'Brien. Callan has the freedom to say what he wants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Just caught up with some of this show. I recorded it to see what the final trio would be saying about the disgraceful carry on with our politicians. Of course what was said was 100% correct. I just hope the politicians themselves were listening.

The act behind the first musical guest Lisa McHugh was equally disgraceful. Stupid line dancing rubbish. Lisa herself was not the worst but the act was awful. The camera goes away from the singer to show a crowd of hatted individuals dancing. RTE seem once again to be clueless when it comes to country music. They seem to equate line dancing with it for some strange reason.

The Chernobyl guests were good. The Russian girl living in Cork is more Cork in accent than John Spillane!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

The bit on the state of the nation was good and the lady made a great point that lots of people seem to have missed, two thirds of those elected don't want to be in power.

Advertisement