Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show - 22nd. April 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭sudzs

IIRC, it used to be:-
    Liveline 1.45 to 2.30
    Rattlebag with Myles Dungan 2.30 to 3.00
    Creedo 3.00 to 4.30

Was it not John Creedon in the now Ronan Collins slot???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

He's great craic and wired,what a combination:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

An aside while this nonsense is going on:

I cut down a tree today. Only after it I discovered blisters and cuts all over my hand. In bits. Then, I cut my hand with a bread knife while making lunch. Blood everywhere, finally got it stops within about ten minutes of requiring a transfusion. Hit the showers just now hands literally BURNT off me trying to wash what's left of my hair. :(:(

I can't even use my mobile phone to cancel the adult channel for the next month until the hands heal. :(

Ring Joe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I cut down a tree today. Only after it I discovered blisters and cuts all over my hand. In bits. Then, I cut my hand with a bread knife while making lunch. Blood everywhere, finally got it stops within about ten minutes of requiring a transfusion. Hit the showers just now hands literally BURNT off me trying to wash what's left of my hair. :(:(

I can't even use my mobile phone to cancel the adult channel for the next month until the hands heal. :(

:( Sounds nasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'll say a prayer or 2 for you tonight Peter ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is the adult channel any use :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Great stuff from John Spillane.

As genuine and enthusiastic as they come.

RobertKK wrote: »
    13 songs on his Irish songs we learned at school album.

Please tell me Edelweiss isn't on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭CH3OH

ryan looking at the clock..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

The best part of the LLS is the Renault Kadjer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭screamer

Autosport wrote: »
    We learnt 13 Irish songs :eek:

Feels like more :)

I love the Irish songs reminds me of being a kid and I can still remember them word perfect. He's kinds looks through you..... unnerving TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Misery Slot Alert:

Thought Id get this off ny chest. There is a cat stuck up in a large unstable tree between Naas and Newbridge the last FIVE days and there has been people contacting every animal welfare society, ISPCA, fire brigades etc to try help. Not one of them offered to even call down. Just find that awful. Poor cat. And I mean that wholeheartedly. : (

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

a buke and a double album- someone get that man an IFTA !

I'm pretty sure I once had a duvet that looks like his shirt.

In anyways this guy is the thinking mans Richie Kavanagh, poor Richie will be roaring at his TV right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,598 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

sudzs wrote: »
    IIRC, it used to be:-
    Liveline 1.45 to 2.30
    Rattlebag with Myles Dungan 2.30 to 3.00
    Creedo 3.00 to 4.30

I think John was at lunchtime before Ronan, maybe early 90's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

I remember it from John Creedon playing it back in the day when he was on some time in the middle of the day... was it the Rattlebag slot??? Also that Galileo song...... love em both! :D

Is it him wot wrote Galileo???:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭screamer

Not the Ryano Codger ?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

This lad would write a song about the dunnes stores shopping trolley if ya asked him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

John Spillane played at my school graduation dance many years ago....little band called the Stargazers and damn good they were. Had pints with them afterwards and always had a soft spot for him since.

Your man in that Vodafone ad is in Foil Arms and Hog, the sketch group.

So is the guy in the McDonnells Curry Powder ad.

But aside from the ads, they are very good.

http://www.foilarmsandhog.ie/

Dunnes are currently issuing proceedings against John as he had no rights to use their name.

I saw him in Lidl last week.........awful hypocrite!

• Advertisement

Misery Slot Alert:

Thought Id get this off ny chest. There is a cat stuck up in a large unstable tree between Naas and Newbridge the last FIVE days and there has been people contacting every animal welfare society, ISPCA, fire brigades etc to try help. Not one of them offered to even call down. Just find that awful. Poor cat. And I mean that wholeheartedly. : (

That's wrong, I thought the fire brigade would answer I mean they have the ladders

What colour was the bread knife, so to speak?

M

<Geek alert>It's actually the very same thing as the Nissan Qashqai bare a few cosmetic touches</Geek alert>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Skid X wrote: »
    :( Sounds nasty.

It's nothing without a picture Skid.

GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING

384030.jpg

And that's the good hand !!!

That's wrong, I thought the fire brigade would answer I mean they have the ladders

It sounds such a small thing. But I guess I have grown up, always had a cat knocking about so I have good empathy towards them. So it just made me sad.Poor thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Yes, that's how I remember it. Don't like JC meself, but...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Misery Slot Alert:

Cats very often climb trees and will often make their way back down. Many years of experience have taught us that it's often better to leave them alone, as an early rescue attempt could chase them higher or cause them to panic and fall.

If it is fair weather and the cat appears healthy, please monitor the situation. You may find that the cat comes down from the tree on its own after a few hours. Leave some wet cat food, tuna, salmon or cooked chicken meat (no bones) at the base of the tree as this may tempt the cat down.

However, please contact the DSPCA Emergency line (01 4994700 option 1) immediately if:

the cat is stuck up a telegraph pole or electric pylon;
    the cat is in imminent danger;
    it is bad weather, or a hot day;
    the cat appears to be sick or injured in some way.
    it is a kitten or young cat that is up a tree;
    It is important not to attempt to rescue a cat yourself. Although cats are agile animals they can injure themselves badly if they fall from a height and it could be dangerous for you as well. Always call a professional.

The same principles apply's if a cat has gone behind or underneath a shed, kitchen appliance or cupboard or any other small area.

tampopo wrote: »

I dunno, I'm half cut now!

Never liked Corrigan. Bully.

It sounds such a small thing. But I guess I have grown up, always had a cat knocking about so I have good empathy towards them. So it just made me sad.Poor thing.

Wouldn't be a fan of cats but wouldn't like to see them suffer. Too much animal cruelty going on in Ireland :(

• Advertisement

Misery Slot Alert:
    Thought Id get this off ny chest. There is a cat stuck up in a large unstable tree between Naas and Newbridge the last FIVE days and there has been people contacting every animal welfare society, ISPCA, (

Well I'm not chopping it down if that's what you were hoping. :(:(

M

It's disrespectful because they all want to hold on to their job, they don't want to risk a vote to lose it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

It took the Beatles 35 days to record an album? Black Sabbath recorded their first one in a day.

tampopo wrote: »

I dunno, I'm half cut now!
    Didn't Declan O'Rourke write 'Galileo'?
    *hic*

Firefox11 wrote: »
    Cats very often climb trees and will often make their way back down. Many years of experience have taught us that it's often better to leave them alone, as an early rescue attempt could chase them higher or cause them to panic and fall.

If it is fair weather and the cat appears healthy, please monitor the situation. You may find that the cat comes down from the tree on its own after a few hours. Leave some wet cat food, tuna, salmon or cooked chicken meat (no bones) at the base of the tree as this may tempt the cat down.

However, please contact the DSPCA Emergency line (01 4994700 option 1) immediately if:

the cat is stuck up a telegraph pole or electric pylon;
    the cat is in imminent danger;
    it is bad weather, or a hot day;
    the cat appears to be sick or injured in some way.
    it is a kitten or young cat that is up a tree;
    It is important not to attempt to rescue a cat yourself. Although cats are agile animals they can injure themselves badly if they fall from a height and it could be dangerous for you as well. Always call a professional.

The same principles apply's if a cat has gone behind or underneath a shed, kitchen appliance or cupboard or any other small area.

its up there 5 days. It was a friend of mine that told me. She has done everything possible to help.

M

He fixed the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Oliver feels sorry for the general public.?

Would that be the same general public who elected those politicians?

Cue Tubridy laughing everytime Callan opens his mouth..............

Not a fan of Callan,but agree with him on this.

• Advertisement

We'll still be waiting on a Government when the next one is due

It'll be like the local GAA tournaments where they are still playing the 2015 semi finals when the 2016 version is due to start.

M

If only there was enough land within Dublin to build over a million houses, oh wait there is.

Wouldn't be a fan of cats but wouldn't like to see them suffer. Too much animal cruelty going on in Ireland :(

I agree. Cruelty to pussys and bitches is awful

Didn't Declan O'Rourke write 'Galileo'?
    *hic*

Yes, yes, you're right..... I think. :)

M

It's getting to the stage where no couple on a salary less than 70k each a year can afford a house in Dublin.

It's nothing without a picture Skid.

GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING

Urrrrgggggghhhhhh

Ah well, at least Tubridy was on tonight to entertain you

No, that doesn't sound right ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Has Richard had a few sherries?

Time for another General Election and hopefully the 1.3 million people eligible who didn't vote last time will get off the arses.

Is Oliver not going to do a skit? Is Richard Corrigan not going to diss Irish chicken farms?

I feel cheated..... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Not a fan of Callan,but agree with him on this.

He is right. All of the parties put their personal interests before the national interest.

its up there 5 days. It was a friend of mine that told me. She has done everything possible to help.

I wouldnt be too worried, cats are resilient. If you are really worried about it could you not shove a ladder up the tree and let the cat climb down the ladder, or coax the cat down with a bit of food.

• Advertisement
Advertisement