Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comptia a+ Exam

Options
  • 23-04-2016 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm studying for Comptia a+ by myself but can't find a place that just runs the exams. All the ones I've found do a course with the exams at the end. Is there anywhere that I can do it without the course? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

where are you based ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Just gonna hijack the thread rather than starting a new one!

Would it be possible to study for these exams in the space of maybe a month -2 months as I have vouchers just not booked the exams yet.

Im fairly competent when it come to computers built my own no problem, troubleshooting it and other peoples laptops and pc's never a bother to me.

I also did a course in network design and implementation with springboard, in ITTD passed it fairly easily which is basically the CCNA course never sat the CCNA exam which in hindsight was a mistake, I should have.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Yep, shouldn't be any problem for you. Hardest part is probably making it through the material, as it's pretty boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm studying for Comptia a+ by myself but can't find a place that just runs the exams. All the ones I've found do a course with the exams at the end. Is there anywhere that I can do it without the course? Thanks.

Does anyone have an idea of how much approximately is the cost of taking the A+ exam for a private individual?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,898 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It was 255 last time I had reason to know. Its not cheap for the cert you get, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

L1011 wrote: »
    It was 255 last time I had reason to know. Its not cheap for the cert you get, tbh.

Cheers for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Try the Institute of Public Administration www.IPA.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tteknulp

IACT 32 Fitzwilliam square, Dublin 2 , doe exams, I sat a few here for comptia. I done through college so not sure on price

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

tteknulp wrote: »
    IACT 32 Fitzwilliam square, Dublin 2 , doe exams, I sat a few here for comptia. I done through college so not sure on price

May I know which college you used? Is it worth it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement